April 25, 2024, 02:45:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skelton Boys: ages 9, 7, and 5, missing 11/26/2010, Morenci, Michigan  (Read 177330 times)
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: December 02, 2010, 06:13:16 PM »

Local news = searchers have come as far as Texas;  family okay with taking the weekend off to regroup; John had a contact visit from family member yesterday and at the end of the visit John yelled out "help find my kids". Today he requested a visit from a clergy member and to call his estranged wife.

LE will search this weekend if any tips come in.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: December 02, 2010, 06:15:02 PM »

The above was from the live broadcast... here is the link to the station I was watching

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/index

They will have a printed story soon.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #242 on: December 02, 2010, 06:23:04 PM »

Here is a really dumb question -- for the $10,000 reward, if John were to say were the boys are, is he entitled to this money? 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: December 02, 2010, 06:29:50 PM »

Here is a really dumb question -- for the $10,000 reward, if John were to say were the boys are, is he entitled to this money? 

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=179612
Donor Offers $10K Reward in Missing Kids Case
MORENCI, Mich. -- An anonymous donor has offered a $10,000 reward for the return and/or recovery of the three missing Skelton boys, according to Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks.

"The reward is nullified if the claimant is in any way involved in the disappearance of the children. The donor has acknowledged the dedication and hard work of the volunteers and public safety personnel and offers thoughts and prayers to the Skelton family," according to an e-mail announcing the reward.

No further information was provided about the donor or the reward itself.

(snip)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #244 on: December 02, 2010, 06:35:47 PM »

Muffy   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: December 02, 2010, 06:43:45 PM »

Muffy   

YW Leroy.  I think many are fed up with murderer's making money from book deals/movie deals and etc. off the back of their victims.  I believe some states now have laws about that, and I'm glad someone had the good sense to put in the conditions that were written in to the reward offer. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #246 on: December 02, 2010, 07:10:24 PM »

Muffy   

YW Leroy.  I think many are fed up with murderer's making money from book deals/movie deals and etc. off the back of their victims.  I believe some states now have laws about that, and I'm glad someone had the good sense to put in the conditions that were written in to the reward offer. 

I agree with that 100%.  Except, I would give this POS $100,000 if he would just say where these boys are...he knows and there has to be something that will make him talk...something!

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #247 on: December 02, 2010, 08:14:22 PM »

Hi Monkeys, watching NG with a very heavy heart.  This area is so close to where my husband grew up.  I do not know how much worse these stories can get.....I never in my life thought I would read story, after story, of people doing heinous things to precious children.  Our world is in deep trouble....

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #248 on: December 02, 2010, 08:15:57 PM »

Muffy   

I agree with that 100%.  Except, I would give this POS $100,000 if he would just say where these boys are...he knows and there has to be something that will make him talk...something!

Water board him NOW

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: December 02, 2010, 08:42:36 PM »

Hi Monkeys, watching NG with a very heavy heart.  This area is so close to where my husband grew up.  I do not know how much worse these stories can get.....I never in my life thought I would read story, after story, of people doing heinous things to precious children.  Our world is in deep trouble....

My dad lives on a lake right near where the boys lived...I get a sinking feeling in my stomach when they announce the search area. 

You are so right, our world is in deep trouble...how does this happen time after time   

CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #250 on: December 02, 2010, 11:02:16 PM »

Hi everyone, I don't post much, but I am here everyday for Caylee, Haleigh, Zahra, Kyron and Natalee, and now these 3 adorable little boys.  I think the reward should also be nullified if the tip comes from a friend or relative because they obviously could have helped before now.

Hoping against hope that they aren't dead

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2010, 07:19:14 AM »

My brother-in-law is on his way to Morenci to help search today. 

I am with CarolynV...hoping against hope they are found safe today  an angelic monkey 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #252 on: December 03, 2010, 07:37:29 AM »

Better call him and tell him to come home....

Missing Michigan Boys Update: Police Call Off Volunteer Effort to Find Three Skelton Sons
9 hrs ago

TOLEDO, Ohio (CBS/AP) Countless volunteers have joined the search for Alexander, Andrew and Tanner Skelton, the three missing boys from Michigan who were last seen on Thanksgiving, but now the police are asking citizens to stop searching after Friday to let investigators process what has been gathered, and to reevaluate their strategy.

Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks announced at a daily news conference Wednesday that volunteers should report to the Morenci Fire Station on Thursday and Friday, but that police and investigators will continue alone beginning on Saturday, according to CBS affiliate WTOL.

The chief said they will take the weekend to evaluate all of the information they have, the station reported.

Local authorities and federal investigators have been trying to find 9-year-old Andrew Skelton, 7-year-old Alexander William Skelton and 5-year-old Tanner Skelton, all last seen on Thanksgiving.

Weeks has cautioned the public that police do not expect "a positive outcome," but he also told reporters he simply refuses to believe at this point that the children were killed.

"It is my desire to maintain hope," Weeks said.
Many residents of the small Michigan community of about 2,000 residents 75 miles southwest of Detroit, echo that sentiment.

"Please don't say RIP," 19-year-old Megan Nagy and another friend wrote in response to one Facebook post that read "RIP missing Morenci Boys."

"We all need to keep hope," Nagy wrote.

The boys were last seen with their father, John Skelton, who faces three kidnapping charges, and Morenci police Chief Larry Weeks has said Skelton hasn't said much about where the boys might be.

Police say he tried to hang himself, and that he lied to investigators when he first said he gave the boys to a female acquaintance to hand over to their mother, Skelton's estranged wife Tanya, who was awarded custody of their sons.

Rev. Donna Galloway, of the United Methodist Church in Morenci, recalled the boys and their parents helping decorate the church and a nearby park for the Christmas season on the Sunday before Thanksgiving.

"It was a good day, it was a family day, for all of us at the church. That light - and the season of light - is what we're holding on to," she added.

That was the last time Galloway saw the family together.

John Skelton appeared at a hearing Wednesday in Toledo, Ohio, where he fought extradition to Michigan. The 39-year-old unemployed long-haul truck driver sat throughout the hearing in a wheelchair, covered by a green blanket, answering the judge's yes-or-no questions in a whisper. The judge set bond at $3 million and scheduled another hearing for Dec. 14.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=160183

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #253 on: December 03, 2010, 07:47:43 AM »

That article must be incorrect...this one is more recent and I know he called before he left.

Police ask for volunteers on final day of Morenci ground search
Posted: Dec 03, 2010 4:20 AM EST

Updated: Dec 03, 2010 7:03 AM EST

MORENCI, MI (WTOL) - Friday, Dec. 3 is the final day for the volunteer ground search of three missing Morenci, MI brothers.

Crews ask anybody who can help them to come out and search.

Nine-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner Skelton have not been seen since Thanksgiving, when they were with their father in Morenci.

"I think the community of Morenci needs it, to find these little boys and the family needs to find these little boys, just to make make all our hearts at ease," said Steve Meller with the Morenci Fire Department.

Volunteers meet at 9 a.m. across the street from the Morenci Fire Department located on Main Street in Morenci.

Hundreds of people have been searching across three counties, looking for any signs of the young children. In Wednesday's news conference, Morenci Police Chief Weeks said they are ending the volunteer search Friday until further notice. FBI & Morenci investigators will search over the weekend. Police will evaluate evidence collected and reassess the search plan. If needed, volunteers will be asked to reconvene next week.

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=13609745

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #254 on: December 03, 2010, 07:48:58 AM »

I think they were referring to calling off the search for the weekend....not for today.  Only LE will be searching this weekend.

AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2010, 08:52:13 AM »

Here's a case archive album, it is updated several times a day.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Andrew%20-Alexander%20-Tanner%20Skelton%20%20-MI-/

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2010, 08:53:15 AM »

My brother-in-law is on his way to Morenci to help search today. 

I am with CarolynV...hoping against hope they are found safe today  an angelic monkey 

JS didnt just pull the name taylor out of the air,JMO
he was a long/short haul trucker,on a long haul he prob went
 to 4-6 states,including MI, and short haul,2-3 states
maybe LE should check his manifests for the last yr he worked

i checked the web cams around Morenci, MI 49256
zoom out in map view
http://tinyurl.com/2ce6m9z

i looked out to a 50mi radius from Morenci, MI 49256
for taylor st/ ave found these 2

south of Morenci, MI 49256
north of this addy are 2 retention ponds
and 7 mile south is Maumee State Forest
605 Taylor Street, Delta, OH

west of Morenci, MI 49256
their are several co.name listed for this addy
i think it is a warehouse complex for several co.
marble lake MI is 4 mi south
87 Taylor Street, Quincy, MI

if any monkeys are close by and helping search maybe this will help you
lot of info about camps, lakes, ect. in that area
http://www.goingoutside.com/lake/108/1083153_Nettle_Lake_Ohio.html

i thought about if JS did harm his sons, there are 3, would they
all be in the same place, or 3 dif locations, JS timeline would
help with that info, i read the boys were seen fri evening and
thur evening, and his suicide attempt was late fri nite early
sat morn,hoping LE can sort the timeline out

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: December 03, 2010, 09:55:27 AM »

Thank you.   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: December 03, 2010, 09:56:28 AM »

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Morenci-Mich-volunteers-likely-to-continue-search

Volunteers likely to continue search for missing Morenci boys
Police suspending organized searches after Friday

Updated: Friday, 03 Dec 2010, 9:42 AM EST
Published : Friday, 03 Dec 2010, 9:42 AM EST

MORENCI, Mich. (AP) - Volunteers who've been searching for three young brothers from Michigan the past week aren't likely to stop even though authorities plan to suspend their efforts over the weekend.

Police say they're suspending organized searches after tonight so they can rethink their efforts and decide what to do next.

Nine-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner Skelton haven't been seen since Thanksgiving Day. Their father is jailed in Ohio and faces kidnapping charges in Michigan.

Much of the search in recent days has been centered around three counties in the northwestern corner of Ohio. Dive teams yesterday searched lakes, rivers and a gravel pit. Buses carried hundreds of volunteers to remote roads and fields.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: December 03, 2010, 10:18:29 AM »

Rev. Donna Galloway, of the United Methodist Church in Morenci, recalled the boys and their parents helping decorate the church and a nearby park for the Christmas season on the Sunday before Thanksgiving.

"It was a good day, it was a family day, for all of us at the church. That light - and the season of light - is what we're holding on to," she added.

That was the last time Galloway saw the family together.

John Skelton appeared at a hearing Wednesday in Toledo, Ohio, where he fought extradition to Michigan. The 39-year-old unemployed long-haul truck driver sat throughout the hearing in a wheelchair, covered by a green blanket, answering the judge's yes-or-no questions in a whisper. The judge set bond at $3 million and scheduled another hearing for Dec. 14.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=160183

Someone help me with this please...the Rev. in this article says the boys and their PARENTS were decorating for the upcoming season the Sunday before Thanksgiving?  So Mom just up and left the week the boys go missing and Dad tries to hang himself.  Am I wrong?  I thought there was some kind of custody arrangements made.  Did they happen all in one week?  I'm so confused.  If the wording is wrong in this article then just how long have the parents been seperated?  I don't think we have heard.  I gotta go to work and hope you all have a great day and TIA for any answer you can give.  Will be back tonight.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.