April 23, 2024, 07:48:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skelton Boys: ages 9, 7, and 5, missing 11/26/2010, Morenci, Michigan  (Read 177199 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: December 03, 2010, 10:26:12 AM »

Rev. Donna Galloway, of the United Methodist Church in Morenci, recalled the boys and their parents helping decorate the church and a nearby park for the Christmas season on the Sunday before Thanksgiving.

"It was a good day, it was a family day, for all of us at the church. That light - and the season of light - is what we're holding on to," she added.

That was the last time Galloway saw the family together.

John Skelton appeared at a hearing Wednesday in Toledo, Ohio, where he fought extradition to Michigan. The 39-year-old unemployed long-haul truck driver sat throughout the hearing in a wheelchair, covered by a green blanket, answering the judge's yes-or-no questions in a whisper. The judge set bond at $3 million and scheduled another hearing for Dec. 14.

"It is my desire to maintain hope," Weeks said.
http://www.wtsp.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=160183

Someone help me with this please...the Rev. in this article says the boys and their PARENTS were decorating for the upcoming season the Sunday before Thanksgiving?  So Mom just up and left the week the boys go missing and Dad tries to hang himself.  Am I wrong?  I thought there was some kind of custody arrangements made.  Did they happen all in one week?  I'm so confused.  If the wording is wrong in this article then just how long have the parents been seperated?  I don't think we have heard.  I gotta go to work and hope you all have a great day and TIA for any answer you can give.  Will be back tonight.

I believe she meant the father and girlfriend.  The bio mom claims to not have seen the kids for a year.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: December 03, 2010, 11:45:14 AM »

Missing Mich. boys' dad had lost job, custody
11/30/2010

The boys were reported missing Friday by their mother, Tanya Skelton, who was awarded custody after filing for divorce on Sept. 13.  They had been with their father as part of court-ordered visitation.

The Skeltons married in 2002. It was the second marriage for both.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40427984/ns/us_news-life/

Town says it won't give up hope for missing boys
updated 12/2/2010 12:53:47 PM ET

At the United Methodist Church in Morenci, the Rev. Donna Galloway found herself correcting her speech about the brothers as she described them. "They were very vital and important — they are — a very vital and important part of our church," she said.

She recalled the boys and their estranged parents helping decorate the church and a nearby park for the Christmas season on the Sunday before Thanksgiving.

That was the last time Galloway saw the family together.

The following Friday, Tanya Skelton reported the boys missing when their father didn't return them. Police say he tried to hang himself and that he lied to investigators when he said he first gave the boys to a female acquaintance to hand over to their mother.

Tanya Skelton, 44, filed for divorce in September. A judge gave her custody of the boys, but she and John Skelton reached an agreement on visitation.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40468037/ns/today-today_people/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: December 03, 2010, 02:44:57 PM »

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=13611249

Search for 3 missing MI brothers consumes hometown

Updated: Dec 03, 2010 8:13 AM PST

MORENCI, Mich. (AP) — Volunteers who've been searching for three young brothers from Michigan the past week aren't likely to stop even though authorities plan to suspend their efforts over the weekend.

Police say they're ending organized searches after Friday night for the weekend so they can rethink their efforts and decide what to do next.

Nine-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner Skelton haven't been seen since Thanksgiving Day. Their father is jailed on kidnapping charges.

Much of the search in recent days has been centered around three counties in the northwestern corner of Ohio. Dive teams on Thursday dove into lakes, rivers and a gravel pit. Buses carried hundreds of volunteers to remote roads and fields.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: December 03, 2010, 03:47:46 PM »

Klaas, I just did a usapeoplesearch. I came up with other aliases for TLS. I know sometimes other people's names can become attached to another's name in error, but I see a Tammie Lynn Roberts under Tanya's info. I did a search on TLR and found an old MySpace a/c from 2001. This person's photo resembles Tanya Skelton in thinner years...but not sure if they're the same person. I won't post the url as it's easy enough to search & I wouldn;t want this person linked if it's an error. Does it even mean anything anyway? I see that Tanya got out of jail in 2000.

Now, the address on her Sex Offender Registry is 617 Maple Dr, Morenci, MI, 49256. The address she had with John, which I think is where John still lives (except for now with him residing in the jail), is 112 E Congress St, Morenci, MI 49256-1208. Does everybody realize this is VERY close to one another? The addresses are literally only a few blocks apart. From the house on E Congress go: 1. Head east on E Congress St toward Maple Dr (351 ft), 2. Take the 1st left onto Maple Dr (.2 mi), you've arrived at your destination.

Now here's the kicker: I did a 411 reverse address search and found that people with the last name of TAYLOR either live there or lived there at one point or another. So...the lunatic didn't just pull the name of Taylor out of thin air iykwim.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2010, 03:49:55 PM »

Klaas, I just did a usapeoplesearch. I came up with other aliases for TLS. I know sometimes other people's names can become attached to another's name in error, but I see a Tammie Lynn Roberts under Tanya's info. I did a search on TLR and found an old MySpace a/c from 2001. This person's photo resembles Tanya Skelton in thinner years...but not sure if they're the same person. I won't post the url as it's easy enough to search & I wouldn;t want this person linked if it's an error. Does it even mean anything anyway? I see that Tanya got out of jail in 2000.

Now, the address on her Sex Offender Registry is 617 Maple Dr, Morenci, MI, 49256. The address she had with John, which I think is where John still lives (except for now with him residing in the jail), is 112 E Congress St, Morenci, MI 49256-1208. Does everybody realize this is VERY close to one another? The addresses are literally only a few blocks apart. From the house on E Congress go: 1. Head east on E Congress St toward Maple Dr (351 ft), 2. Take the 1st left onto Maple Dr (.2 mi), you've arrived at your destination.

Now here's the kicker: I did a 411 reverse address search and found that people with the last name of TAYLOR either live there or lived there at one point or another. So...the lunatic didn't just pull the name of Taylor out of thin air iykwim.

I just want to make a quick note here.  One time I searched myself, and found all kinds of things that weren't correct.  People attached to me that were not, addresses that I never ever lived at and etc.  So I'm careful to take some of the searches with a grain of salt.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: December 03, 2010, 03:51:51 PM »

IOW, the kids coulda frickin WALKED to their mothers house! UUUGH I'm so mad right now!
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #266 on: December 03, 2010, 04:03:50 PM »

I just want to make a quick note here.  One time I searched myself, and found all kinds of things that weren't correct.  People attached to me that were not, addresses that I never ever lived at and etc.  So I'm careful to take some of the searches with a grain of salt.   

Thank you, MUffy. I agree, which is why I didn;t supply the url...but...the resemblance is there. There's even a picture of this person alone, plus one with her daughter I guess? I threw the name in there so you could judge for yourself. Again, I'm not quite sure it would mean anything anyway. I know years ago there was a last name of somebody my father was engaged to attached to my info online. It took me 4 years to get this stupid chick off of my credit. She apparently used my info to go to the hospital. I won but had to go through a lawyer. Having said that, I know it happens, erroneous info attaching itself to pertinent true info...especially with those usa people searches & veromi, etc. Still, thought I'd put it out there in case it could help in the future. I mean, hey, maybe when Tanya got out of jail, she was a little embarassed so used a fake name or something. Who knows really. I still feel bad for her.

Oh, something else, I keep seeing it being reported that she was found guilty of a misdemeanor. I know we've also read that she had sex with a 14 y/o, but was that proven in court? Or could she have just plead guilty to a lesser charge, hence the misdemeanor, and agreed to the sentence of 1 year + Registering as an Offender? I'm sort of wondering if she plead guilty to just get it over and done with. Then again, I don;t know the ins & outs of her crime. I haven't read her original documents in full. I mean, sex offenders aren't allowed to be on public internet sites such as Facebook & MySpace (even though we all know they do), but wouldn't a judge have seen that when John counter claimed against her divorce filing in September? If so, she would have been reprimanded, and her having children would be beside the point. The rules are rules & strict guidelines should be followed in all jurisdictions. Let me reiterate that I in no way believe her offender status has anything to do with what John did to/with their children, but thought I'd bring up those pretty valid points.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: December 03, 2010, 04:19:10 PM »

Thank you Titch.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #268 on: December 03, 2010, 04:47:00 PM »

I have been wondering if Joann Taylor was an alias Tanya ever used.  And where is she now?
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #269 on: December 03, 2010, 06:08:14 PM »

I believe LE knows how/why he used the name Joann Taylor. 

This article is very intersting about 2 kids whose father shot them then buried them along the highway  http://toledoblade.com/article/20101203/NEWS16/101209934 

Here is a snip from the article:

Mr. Strelzin said it was frustrating that Gehring would not just tell authorities where he buried the children.

“I'm convinced he knew exactly where those kids were, but he was going to use it as a bargaining chip,” Mr. Strelzin said. “It's not unusual in those types of cases for the perpetrator to try to trade the location of the bodies for a reduced sentence.”

Gehring ended up killing himself in jail before revealing the location of the bodies. Because there was no longer a criminal case to prosecute, Mr. Strelzin said, his office did not need to protect the information it had.

“After Gehring killed himself, we put all the information we had on the Web, and private citizens just started going out and doing their own searches,” he said. “In hindsight, that is what allowed the Gehring children to be located, that sharing of information, which you can't do with an active case — at least not to the extent we were able to do it. As callous as it sounds, if those children are dead, the most important thing is to bring the perpetrator to justice first.”

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #270 on: December 03, 2010, 06:37:01 PM »

Titch

i meant to post the map link b4, and i think the addy is right
js house to,ts house
http://tinyurl.com/2wmpn56

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #271 on: December 03, 2010, 07:09:06 PM »

wow leroy
the Ngas pipeline follows along the turnpike, i had looked on
i think it was terra server, not sure if you can see it on google

leroy i had forgot about the Gehring case, he kept saying that there
was a water pump and a yellow building where the kids were, turned out
i was at a buddies house,long story but he had one of these,and in NH
they didnt
natural gas wellhead
http://www.energyindustryphotos.com/gaswellhead2web.jpg 

then everyone me included started finding the access roads to the wells
out on rt 8 hudson,Gehring kept saying 8, turned out to be old 8 nearby
i think a lady from akron found them, i had searched the day b4,about
2mi up road, got dark on me and had to go
more info,on what we did here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheCCTT/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #272 on: December 03, 2010, 08:36:33 PM »

Hey Muffy, that post I made earlier referencing the last name of "TAYLOR"... Well the people listed at that house, which is Tanya's residence listed on her RSO, is her daughter & son-in-law. Andrew was the ring bearer in their wedding. Brittany & Joshua. Again, I know it's sickening about Tanya's past, but for all intents & purposes she is not the one that disappeared her children. Her 2 oldest daughter's names are Courtney and Brittany. Brent Derby is her ex-husband. There's some pretty interesting info in this following article, especially where it talks about how much money Tanya and her ex hubby agreed to pay the victim - Brent: $10K and Tanya: $20K. So they get divorced and Tanya remarries. She & John claim bankrupcy, which we now find out is discharged in 2003 (or something like that). Wow. Just Wow. I am sick beyond sick. Reverse address search of 617 Maple Dr shows Brittany & Joshua Taylor. They are Tanya's daughter & soninlaw. Loonytoon John didn't just pull that damn name out of thin air. Was he mad because he lost his daughter shortly after moving to Morenci MI from Alaska? He originally won custody but shortly after moving to Morenci, his exwife gained full custody rights. He served time in jail for failure to pay child support - the dude only had to pay a lil over $300 a month! He was over $3000 in arrears! That's about 10 months! Are you kidding me? This article states there were many court records showing attempted garnishments of Tanya's wages - they probably kept her Fed Inc Tax Ret! Apparently some kind of sex offense took place to warrant a $30K lawsuit win for the victim. What the heck? After reading this article, I'm thinking that John probably felt he had absolutely nowhere to turn since he already lost his daughter to his exwife and now his 3 boys to Tanya whom happens to also be a sex offender. But why didn't he have a problem with it when he met her? That's what I keep asking myself. Well, something I didn't think of til today... Maybe he didn't know she was an offender until after they were married and had kids. Remember, he moved to Michigan from Alaska. Or am I missing something? I think it's possible that he didn;t know until it was too late to turn back...at least I'm wondering that. This guy makes himself appear intelligent, computer savvy, etc. Well how intelligent can he be, folks, if he can't even spell ACADEMIC correctly? He spelled it "acedemic" on his MySpace a/c!

http://www.myspace.com/craftybikermom = Tanya Skelton
http://www.myspace.com/bonesdoesit = John Russell Skelton
http://www.myspace.com/derby924 = Courtney Derby
http://www.myspace.com/brtaylor87 = Brittany Taylor (Derby)

XXXX BLOCKED WEBSITE

BLOCKED WEBSITE

[/quote]

Janet, I can hear you in my ear right this very minute. You kept saying she shouldn't get a free pass...in so many words. I believe you may be right here. Do I think Tanya is responsible for her children's disappearance? No, I don;t...I believe John's the one responsible. However, after reading this, it shed's a different light. Tanya may be a very good person now, and she appears to be a good mother. But after doing the math, looking at when they were married, when they had children, the timing of the bankrupcy, bills, neither working - it definitely shed's a new light.

Something else: Why wasn't Tanya working if she knew she had a civil judgement against her for the amount of $20K to pay her victim for pain & suffering? Wouldn;t it be sad...very very sad...if John had life insurance policies on his 3 children & Tanya's the beneficiary? How sad would it be if those 3 innocent children are deceased and their insurance policy payouts could pay off Tanya's civil judgement? I absolutely need to step away right now. I thought I'd look at it from a different angle, woke up this morning with bright eyes & lots of sleep, now I'm sick all over again...just to a different extreme.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:53:34 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #273 on: December 03, 2010, 08:38:44 PM »

Muffy, Klaas, somebody? Is there any given way one of you could please highlight the article I posted (between the QUOTE & UNQUOTE)? IDK, maybe change the font color to Blue or something...so it doesn't look like I'm the one that wrote it? Thanks so much!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: December 03, 2010, 08:42:35 PM »

How's that?
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: December 03, 2010, 08:45:34 PM »

How's that?

I wub u Klaas!
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #276 on: December 03, 2010, 08:48:35 PM »

Oh, I didn't take snapshots of the MySpace's a/c's bc my son's computer is acting a little wiggy. I'm erasing the harddrive & reprogramming it tomorrow. He goes on those game sites & Facebook all the time. Playing those stupid games on Facebook will screw with your computer bigtime! I tell him all the time. We have a good firewall, protection software, etc - no matter. If there's a virus or spam, my son will find it. Thank gosh I have patience!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: December 03, 2010, 08:49:24 PM »

Thanks for all the digging, Titch.   

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #278 on: December 03, 2010, 09:00:03 PM »

Thanks for all the digging, Titch.  

Anytime. I'd start going through records, if I can find any, but I need to wake up early. We're taking our son to Breakfast with Santa. He's 8 - I'm sure this is his last year believing... Sad

After we get back, I'm erasing this stupid harddrive and fixing my son's computer. I should have sometime back on here tomorrow afternoon...late afternoon. If somebody beats me to it, or finds the links & needs help, just leave the links & I'm in when we get back (& the computer's fixed).

I keep seeing unconfirmed reports that John Skelton said he murdered his boys...that he told the fbi something to that effect... Why aren't they announcing it, though, if it's true? Could it be bc he said something to an agent but then requested a lawyer, so it would be thrown out if he said "But I didn't say that" or "But I don't remember saying that" or could it be bc he said it while he was in the mental hospital and not lawyered up? This is bugging me so much.

O/T - when my son was about 8 or so he asked me about Santa.  I told him that the Santa's in the store were helpers and that the real Santa was in your heart.  That it was the spirit of Santa that made everyone want to give to others at Christmas.  That seemed to satisfy him 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 09:09:58 PM by klaasend » Logged
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: December 04, 2010, 12:40:26 AM »

wow leroy
the Ngas pipeline follows along the turnpike, i had looked on
i think it was terra server, not sure if you can see it on google

leroy i had forgot about the Gehring case, he kept saying that there
was a water pump and a yellow building where the kids were, turned out
i was at a buddies house,long story but he had one of these,and in NH
they didnt
natural gas wellhead
http://www.energyindustryphotos.com/gaswellhead2web.jpg 

then everyone me included started finding the access roads to the wells
out on rt 8 hudson,Gehring kept saying 8, turned out to be old 8 nearby
i think a lady from akron found them, i had searched the day b4,about
2mi up road, got dark on me and had to go
more info,on what we did here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheCCTT/

This was such a sad story.  Thanks for all you do CW   

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.