April 26, 2024, 09:04:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skelton Boys: ages 9, 7, and 5, missing 11/26/2010, Morenci, Michigan  (Read 177347 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #280 on: December 04, 2010, 08:39:45 AM »

Thanks for all the digging, Titch.  

Anytime. I'd start going through records, if I can find any, but I need to wake up early. We're taking our son to Breakfast with Santa. He's 8 - I'm sure this is his last year believing... Sad

After we get back, I'm erasing this stupid harddrive and fixing my son's computer. I should have sometime back on here tomorrow afternoon...late afternoon. If somebody beats me to it, or finds the links & needs help, just leave the links & I'm in when we get back (& the computer's fixed).

I keep seeing unconfirmed reports that John Skelton said he murdered his boys...that he told the fbi something to that effect... Why aren't they announcing it, though, if it's true? Could it be bc he said something to an agent but then requested a lawyer, so it would be thrown out if he said "But I didn't say that" or "But I don't remember saying that" or could it be bc he said it while he was in the mental hospital and not lawyered up? This is bugging me so much.

O/T - when my son was about 8 or so he asked me about Santa.  I told him that the Santa's in the store were helpers and that the real Santa was in your heart.  That it was the spirit of Santa that made everyone want to give to others at Christmas.  That seemed to satisfy him 

Titch, I think he is going for insanity.  But what do I know about minds like his and hers?
Many times Janet and I respectfully don't agree, but I wholeheartedly agree . . . this woman gets no pass from me either.  Yet as someone pointed out . . . they are both poison (not Janet and me, the bios).

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: December 04, 2010, 09:25:17 AM »

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/ohio-news/jailed-father-of-missing-mich-boys-gets-visitors-1020595.html
Jailed father of missing Mich. boys gets visitors
The Associated Press 9:10 AM Saturday, December 4, 2010

MORENCI, Mich. — An Ohio official says clergy members visited the jailed father of three Michigan brothers last seen on Thanksgiving as part of an effort to talk about where the boys might be found.

Lucas County jail administrator Jim O'Neal tells the Detroit Free Press for a story published Saturday that the two clergy members and a family member of 39-year-old John Skelton made the visit earlier in the week to the Toledo, Ohio, jail.

O'Neal says the visit was requested by authorities.

Officials in the southern Michigan community of Morenci (muh-REN'-see) say no organized search is planned over the weekend for 9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner Skelton. Hundreds of police, fire officials and volunteers have been searching southern Michigan and northern Ohio.

John Skelton is charged with parental kidnapping.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #282 on: December 04, 2010, 09:34:27 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/channel?section=news/local&id=7819688

No search planned for Morenci boys over weekend
Friday, December 03, 2010

Hundreds of searchers combed the southern Michigan and northern Ohio countryside again Friday for three young brothers last seen at their father's home on Thanksgiving. With the search ending unsuccessfully, authorities prepared to use the weekend to determine what else should be done to find the boys.

Morenci police had said Friday's search would be the last organized one of the week using volunteers, and fire official Bob Mohr said Friday evening that no search was planned for Saturday or Sunday.

Still, it's unlikely those who have turned out will stop looking for Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner Skelton, 5.

The search has consumed Morenci, a town of about 2,000 residents 75 miles southwest of Detroit. Saturday's annual Christmas parade has been cancelled, and City Hall shut down so it could be used as a command center.

Much of the search in recent days has centered on three counties in the northwestern corner of Ohio. Dive teams dove into lakes, rivers and a gravel pit, while buses carried hundreds of volunteers to remote roads and fields.

The boys' father, John Skelton, faces three kidnapping charges and is fighting extradition from Ohio to Michigan. He remains jailed on a $3 million bond.

Morenci police Chief Larry Weeks said earlier this week that Skelton, 39, has provided some information, but authorities have had no contact with him during the past few days.

The boys' mother, Tanya Skelton, 44, reported them missing Nov. 26 after their father didn't return them from a court-ordered visitation. Police say John Skelton lied to investigators when he said he gave the boys to a female acquaintance to hand over to their mother before he tried to commit suicide.

Skelton's attorney at the extradition hearing has said he wouldn't comment on anything about the case. Skelton's sister, Linda Ford of Jacksonville, Fla., has said that she didn't think authorities were treating her brother fairly.

Police have said they don't expect a positive outcome. Mohr said that if volunteers are needed to search again, officials will put out the word through the media.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #283 on: December 05, 2010, 04:12:38 AM »

Her 3 nephews are missing and Linda Ford doesn't think police are treating her brother fairly? She isn't helping the situation with her claims. You'd think rather than compain, she'd want to appeal to her brother on where her nephews are.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #284 on: December 05, 2010, 02:00:43 PM »

Memorial candle burning until Skelton boys found
Saturday, December 04, 2010

People from all over are keeping the Skelton boys in mind. In Toledo, a candle is burning and three yellow ribbons have been placed at the Toledo Children's Memorial.

The memorial is located at the intersection of Jackman and Eleanor. Organizers say it is to remember children that have passed away and to provide hope for the community that the Skelton boys will be found safe.

We're told the candle will burn until the children are found.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #285 on: December 05, 2010, 07:19:07 PM »

Memorial candle burning until Skelton boys found
Saturday, December 04, 2010

People from all over are keeping the Skelton boys in mind. In Toledo, a candle is burning and three yellow ribbons have been placed at the Toledo Children's Memorial.

The memorial is located at the intersection of Jackman and Eleanor. Organizers say it is to remember children that have passed away and to provide hope for the community that the Skelton boys will be found safe.

We're told the candle will burn until the children are found.

Awww, this memorial is so beautiful...I have to drive past it often.  One of the girls, who I believe was one of the *original* girls that died...her father came into the credit union where I worked at the time.  It was so heart-breaking....he brought in her last paycheck from her job...a paycheck she was never able to see.  She was killed in a car accident at that intersection...as I remember it, the guy that hit her was racing and hit her car as she was turning left.  It was a horrific scene. 

God bless these boys and all the children at this memorial   an angelic monkey 

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: December 05, 2010, 08:12:15 PM »

O/T - when my son was about 8 or so he asked me about Santa.  I told him that the Santa's in the store were helpers and that the real Santa was in your heart.  That it was the spirit of Santa that made everyone want to give to others at Christmas.  That seemed to satisfy him 

My daughter wished she had taken a few moments and talked to her eldest prior to the Christmas season following his 8th birthday.  According to tradition ... Z. and three younger siblings were sitting for their picture with Santa when Santa ask them what they wanted for Christmas.  All four told him their desires and then Z. as if he could talk to him about something.  Santa obliged.  Z. pour out his heart about a friend that did not believe and ... wanted Santa to reveal himself to this friend on the big day.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #287 on: December 05, 2010, 10:40:35 PM »

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=AATS

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: December 06, 2010, 07:16:40 AM »

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/vigil-for-skelton-boys
Candles and Hope: Emotional Vigil Held for Three Missing Morenci Boys
Volunteer search effort halted Friday

Updated: Monday, 06 Dec 2010, 6:16 AM EST
Published : Sunday, 05 Dec 2010, 9:00 AM EST

By myFOXDetroit.com Staff

MORENCI, Mich. (WJBK) - Hundreds of people lit up the small, rural city of Morenci with candles, flash lights and Christmas lights during a vigil Sunday night for three missing boys.

A local pastor said the event was held to "light the way home" for Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner Skelton, 5, who've been missing since Thanksgiving. Their father, John Skelton, is in jail charged with parental kidnapping. He has not cooperated with investigators.
Friday, police ended the volunteer search effort for the boys. That effort included a dive team and hundreds of people searching fields and abandoned properties. John Skelton reportedly got a jailhouse visit from clergy members and family members who appealed to him for information.

That effort was unsuccessful. Skelton is fighting extradition to Michigan. Police and the FBI continue to follow leads in the case. Stay with Fox 2 and myfoxdetroit.com for continuing coverage.

Video at link.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #289 on: December 07, 2010, 11:29:57 AM »

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/Extradition-Process-To-Begin-For-Skelton-111446334.html

Extradition Process To Begin For Skelton

By Scott Sarvay

December 7, 2010

MORENCI, Michigan (Indiana’s NewsCenter) -An update on the case involving the search for those missing Michigan boys.

Indiana's NewsCenter has learned the extradition process of John Skelton from Ohio to Michigan can begin.

Michigan's governor has completed paperwork to be sent to the Ohio’s governor's office to have John Skelton returned to face kidnapping charges for his three boys who remain missing.

Tanner, Andrew and Alexander Skelton are all under the age of 10, and were reported missing by their mother on Thanksgiving.

Police and fire departments are leading organized search and recovery efforts.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
LynneinMd.
Scared Monkey

« Reply #290 on: December 07, 2010, 01:30:12 PM »

Her 3 nephews are missing and Linda Ford doesn't think police are treating her brother fairly? She isn't helping the situation with her claims. You'd think rather than compain, she'd want to appeal to her brother on where her nephews are.

Not treating her brother fairly?  How does she want them to treat him?  I know how I'd treat him, just give me some "tools".
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #291 on: December 07, 2010, 08:24:02 PM »

O/T - when my son was about 8 or so he asked me about Santa.  I told him that the Santa's in the store were helpers and that the real Santa was in your heart.  That it was the spirit of Santa that made everyone want to give to others at Christmas.  That seemed to satisfy him  
Edit to change red to blue.  MB

My daughter wished she had taken a few moments and talked to her eldest prior to the Christmas season following his 8th birthday.  According to tradition ... Z. and three younger siblings were sitting for their picture with Santa when Santa ask them what they wanted for Christmas.  All four told him their desires and then Z. as if he could talk to him about something.  Santa obliged.  Z. pour out his heart about a friend that did not believe and ... wanted Santa to reveal himself to this friend on the big day.

Janet

awwwwwww..... how sweet is that.

I have not been over here to see what is going on with this case.  Has the father said he killed these boys?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 11:27:43 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #292 on: December 08, 2010, 11:04:32 AM »

this story seems to have quieted down, atleast media wise, wonder whats going on....
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #293 on: December 08, 2010, 05:31:58 PM »

This story was just on my local news....here in Maine.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: December 08, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »

O/T - when my son was about 8 or so he asked me about Santa.  I told him that the Santa's in the store were helpers and that the real Santa was in your heart.  That it was the spirit of Santa that made everyone want to give to others at Christmas.  That seemed to satisfy him  
Edit to change red to blue.  MB

My daughter wished she had taken a few moments and talked to her eldest prior to the Christmas season following his 8th birthday.  According to tradition ... Z. and three younger siblings were sitting for their picture with Santa when Santa ask them what they wanted for Christmas.  All four told him their desires and then Z. as if he could talk to him about something.  Santa obliged.  Z. pour out his heart about a friend that did not believe and ... wanted Santa to reveal himself to this friend on the big day.

Janet

awwwwwww..... how sweet is that.

I have not been over here to see what is going on with this case.  Has the father said he killed these boys?

MuffyBee

The O/T that I quoted was an addendum to Titch's post by Klaasend.  That is why it was highlighted in red.

I realize I messed up when I snipped Titch's words and ... only quoted Klaas.

I apologize.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: December 08, 2010, 07:52:45 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/12/grandparents_john_skelton_says.html

Grandparents: John Skelton says three missing Michigan boys are safe
Published: Wednesday, December 08, 2010, 7:35 PM     Updated: Wednesday, December 08, 2010, 7:41 PM

TOLEDO, Ohio  — The grandparents of three southern Michigan brothers last seen on Thanksgiving say they've been assured by the boys' jailed father that the children are safe, but he won't say where they are.

John Skelton's parents tell reporters from Toledo and Detroit TV stations that they visited him Wednesday in a Toledo jail. He's fighting extradition charges to Michigan on parental kidnapping charges.

WDIV-TV in Detroit reports that William and Roxanne Skelton say they believe their son. They also say he seems depressed.

Police have said the unemployed truck driver fabricated a story about leaving 9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner with an acquaintance.

Volunteers have been searching southern Michigan and northern Ohio since their mother reported them missing on Nov. 26.
Cardinal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #296 on: December 08, 2010, 09:36:30 PM »

I apologize if this has been posted prior (I'm new at posting on here) 

Report: Missing Skelton brothers may have been spotted at Ohio doughnut shop
Published: Tuesday, December 07, 2010, 11:46 AM     Updated: Tuesday, December 07, 2010, 12:37 PM
 Mike Itchue | MLive.com
Follow Share this story
Story tools
Video: Sandy Jones says she may have spotted the missing Skelton brothers on WTVG-TV in Toledo.

Share  28 Comments A Toledo television station is reporting that a doughnut shop employee may have spotted the three missing Skelton brothers in her Sandusky, Ohio shop three days after they were last seen.

Sally Jones tells WTVG-TV Channel 13 that three young boys came into the House of Donuts in Sandusky on the Sunday after Thanksgiving with a middle-aged, medium build woman.

Dec. 6, WTVG: Jones told us, "The two older ones didn't act like they wanted to come through that door when they first came in and they kind of huddled together. The younger one kind of looked up and was looking around. He looked like he wanted everything and she kept saying 'Just pick out your donut, Tanner. Just pick out your donut.' That's the only reason I know his name and when I saw it in the newspaper, I said 'That's too much of a coincidence.'"

Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7 and Tanner, 5, Skelton of Morenci have been missing since Thanksgiving. An extensive search for the boys in Morenci and northern Ohio in the days since has turned up no results. Their father John Skelton is currently being held in a Toledo jail on charges of kidnapping and is fighting extradition to Michigan.

John Skelton originally told police he gave the boys to an acquaintance before a failed suicide attempt. Police now believe that this woman does not exist.

Jones did not file the report with the police until this past weekend, nearly a week after the initial possible sighting. Jones said she was unaware of the missing boys at the time and was hesitant to call once she found out because she didn't know the car or license plate and didn't know if her report would be of any help. She described the woman with the boys as having a medium build, dark eyes and short hair.

"She was about 5'5", 5'6". She looked like she was in her 40s," Jones told WTVG. "She looked very tired and haggard. She had dark hair that looked like it had just been dyed."

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2010/12/report_missing_skelton_brother.html
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: December 08, 2010, 09:41:28 PM »

Hi Cardinal - thanks for posting, I really hope that's true!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #298 on: December 08, 2010, 09:46:26 PM »

Here is the video of that woman who thinks she saw them.  I hope this is true:

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: December 09, 2010, 10:19:51 AM »

Grandparents: Dad says 3 missing boys safe  DataFeatures
about 6 hours ago
TOLEDO -- The grandparents of three southern Michigan brothers last seen on Thanksgiving say they've been assured by the boys' jailed father that the children are safe, but he won't say where they are.

John Skelton's parents tell reporters from Toledo and Detroit TV stations that they visited him Wednesday in a Toledo jail. He's fighting extradition charges to Michigan on parental kidnapping charges.

WDIV-TV in Detroit reports that William and Roxanne Skelton say they believe their son. They also say he seems depressed.

Police have said the unemployed truck driver fabricated a story about leaving 9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner with an acquaintance.

Volunteers have been searching southern Michigan and northern Ohio since their mother reported them missing on Nov. 26.
http://www.recordpub.com/news/article/4945073

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.