March 28, 2024, 11:28:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skelton Boys: ages 9, 7, and 5, missing 11/26/2010, Morenci, Michigan  (Read 176006 times)
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #360 on: February 10, 2011, 03:33:57 PM »

Me either.  Never have.

I'm hoping that LE has already search the area of the property for turned up dirt?? 

Also...LE better get their hands on that shovel if they haven't already.

Poor babies.
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #361 on: February 10, 2011, 03:35:25 PM »

I hope he keeps talking because the more he does, the closer LE will get to locating what he's done with the boys.  Hope he agrees to more interviews soon!
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #362 on: February 11, 2011, 10:34:05 PM »

Things that make ya go hmmm...

Interesting post & something I'd never have even thought of, especially considering how odd his choice in title is "United Foster Outreach Underground Sanctuaries":

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?s=82e97d33d908c1120bf89915139aa0fe&p=6117728&postcount=477

Snip:
Consider these possible interpretations:

United Foster Outreach Underground Sanctuaries - U FOUnd uS. Is he laughing to himself because the police have already searched the area where the boys are?

Could also be United Foster Outreach Underground Sanctuaries - U FOUnd Sanctuaries...possibly the same meaning, or maybe trying to convince himself that the boys have found sanctuary, i.e. what he did was right.

Like I said, out there, I know, but I think he chose those words carefully.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #363 on: February 11, 2011, 10:38:57 PM »

In a case such as this one, I do believe torcher should be legal. Wonder if his family is still sticking up for him. What a fuhreeeak...
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #364 on: February 24, 2011, 08:16:25 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2011/02/kidnapping_unlawful_imprisonme.html

He claims he sent them away - I do not believe it but stranger things have happened.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #365 on: February 24, 2011, 12:41:15 PM »

http://www.lenconnect.com/news/x345548528/Life-prison-charges-added-in-John-Skelton-missing-boys-prosecution

Life prison charges added in John Skelton missing boys prosecution

By Dennis Pelham
Daily Telegram
Posted Feb 23, 2011 @ 07:37 PM
Last update Feb 23, 2011 @ 07:39 PM

ADRIAN, Mich. — Prosecutors are wielding a bigger stick in the criminal case against a Morenci father charged in the Thanksgiving disappearance of his three sons.

Kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment counts have been added to the parental kidnapping counts filed against 39-year-old John Skelton in December. Skelton now faces a maximum of three life prison terms if convicted instead of a one-year sentence.

Skelton failed to return his sons, Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5, to his wife, Tanya Skelton, after a Thanksgiving visit. The couple are divorcing. Skelton has claimed he turned the boys over to an “organization” for protection. Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks has discounted the claim and announced Feb. 1 the focus of the investigation has changed from a missing persons case to homicide.

A hearing where the new charges against Skelton would have been addressed was adjourned Wednesday in Lenawee County Circuit Court at the request of public defender John Glaser.

::snipping2::

2 4 1
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #366 on: February 25, 2011, 05:37:27 PM »

Please say prayers and light a candle:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=AATS

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #367 on: March 10, 2011, 11:42:24 AM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20110310/NEWS06/103100494/1001/news/Missing-Morenci-boys-dad-sent-back-district-court-new-charges

Missing Morenci boys' dad sent back to district court for new charges
1:19 AM, Mar. 10, 2011  |

A Morenci man accused in the disappearance of his three young sons was remanded to district court Wednesday to be arraigned on new charges.

John Skelton, 39, was initially charged with parental kidnapping, and his case advanced to Lenawee County Circuit Court. But last month, the Lenawee County Prosecutor's Office added three new counts of unlawful imprisonment and kidnapping, which carries a penalty of up to life in prison upon conviction.

A fund-raiser is planned March 19 for the Skelton Brothers Reward Fund.

Many donated items will be auctioned, including NASCAR items, tickets for the Detroit Red Wings and Pistons, tools and handmade quilts

2 4 1
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #368 on: March 10, 2011, 11:50:25 AM »

Thank you for the updates and the links, SuzieQ.  I will be glad when they charge him with murder because I sadly believe this children have left this earthly journey.

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #369 on: March 13, 2011, 01:14:01 PM »

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=14235559

Missing Morenci boys' father arraigned on new chargesUpdated: Mar 11, 2011 3:07 PM CST

ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) — A southern Michigan man whose three young sons have been missing since Thanksgiving has been arraigned on additional charges in the case.

Thirty-nine-year-old John Skelton was arraigned in Lenawee County District Court on Friday on charges including kidnapping that were added last month. The (Toledo) Blade reports a hearing in the case is scheduled for March 28.

The Detroit News and the Detroit Free Press say bond was set at $90 million.

4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #370 on: March 19, 2011, 01:16:32 AM »

http://toledoblade.com/Courts/2011/03/19/Skeltons-divorce-going-ahead.html

Published: 3/19/2011
Skeltons' divorce going ahead
Judge decides case will proceed as if 3 missing boys are alive
BY MARK REITER
BLADE STAFF WRITER

ADRIAN -- Tanya Skelton's divorce from the man who authorities believe abducted and killed their three young sons will proceed to trial as though the boys are alive.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #371 on: March 29, 2011, 11:31:59 AM »

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/27351428/detail.html

Hearing Set For Father Of Missing Morenci Boys

POSTED: Monday, March 28, 2011
UPDATED: 10:21 pm EDT March 28, 2011

ADRIAN, Mich. -- A preliminary examination has been set for the southern Michigan man whose three young sons have been missing since Thanksgiving.

The June 3 exam on kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment charges was set Monday in Lenawee County District Court for John Skelton.

The 39-year-old Morenci man was not in court. Public defender John Glaser requested the hearing but a decision hasn't been made on whether prosecution witnesses would testify.

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: March 29, 2011, 10:06:35 PM »

Please light a candle and say a prayer for Andrew, Tanner and Alexander.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=AATS

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #373 on: April 13, 2011, 11:02:44 AM »

This is one of those cases where LE should be allowed to use whatever means necessary to make this pos talk.  That poor mom needs to be able to find her babies.   

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #374 on: April 13, 2011, 11:05:02 AM »

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=601381
Home where Skelton brothers last seen up for sale

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #375 on: April 13, 2011, 11:40:50 AM »

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=601381
Home where Skelton brothers last seen up for sale

I feel so sorry for Tanya Skelton -- I pray for her courage and endurance.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #376 on: May 04, 2011, 07:20:51 AM »

The grandparents of these boys was on TV today saying they just want someone to find the bodies. It was so sad to watch. I looked for a link to the video on the stations site but did not see it up yet. I will check later and see if I can post it.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #377 on: May 04, 2011, 02:14:01 PM »

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/the-family-of-three-missing-boys-from-morenci-keeps-the-faith

MORENCI, Mich. (WXYZ) - As the weather improves and Spring turns to Summer the family of three missing boys wants everyone in the area surrounding Morenci to be on the look-out.

The grandparents of Tanner, Alexander and Andrew, five, seven and nine, told Action News they are still hoping for a reunion but they understand the reality of the situation.

“We are praying to be reunited, whether that be now or in heaven, it’s what we pray for,” Beverly Zuvers, the boys’ grandmother told Action News.

Tanya’s family doesn’t believe he’ll reveal the location of his sons.

“This is his way of hurting Tanya. I don’t think he’s going to tell,” said Don Zuvers.

Video at site

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: May 08, 2011, 07:20:31 PM »

http://www.lenconnect.com/news/courts/x173158663/Detroit-TV-station-says-it-has-Skelton-search-warrant-records
Detroit TV station says it has Skelton search warrant records
May 5, 2011

ADRIAN, Mich. —

Search warrant documents obtained by a Detroit television station show what police took from John Skelton’s home in Morenci in the days after his three sons disappeared.

Among the items seized from the house were a noose made of white rope, a .22-caliber bullet, a Bible and Skelton’s will, according to the documents, many of which are hard to read. The bullet was found on a stairway, the noose in the upstairs part of the house, the Bible on a living room table and the will in Skelton’s dresser.

The list did not say if the bullet was spent or not.
WDIV did not say who gave them the documents, which have been suppressed by a court order signed by Lenawee County District Judge James E. Sheridan. WDIV has sued the district court, claiming the documents should be made public.

The documents appear to be copies of those that would have been left in the house by police as required by law. Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said that when a search warrant is executed, copies of the documents showing what was seized are left at the search location and given to the district court and the judge who signed the warrant. The original documents are maintained by the police agency that requested the warrant.

“The only unattended documents we left behind were those required by law,” Weeks said.

Weeks said his department did not release the documents and would not comment on the copies WDIV has due to the suppression order. Assistant Lenawee County Prosecutor Douglas Hartung said neither the prosecutor's office nor the district court released them.

At the request of Lenawee County Prosecutor Jonathan Poer, Sheridan issued the suppression order on Jan. 6, which was the end of the time period set by state law when search warrants are kept from public view. The order suppressed the documents until the investigation is completed or 180 days after the order was signed, “whichever first occurs.”

Sheridan said his understanding of the law is that he is not allowed to even acknowledge that there is a search warrant and related documents.

“If they say they have something, that’s fine,” he said. “If they did in fact get something, I can’t tell you whether it’s authentic. I can’t comment on something I’m not allowed to comment on.”

The WDIV lawsuit over the search warrant documents is still pending with an Aug. 2 trial date in Circuit Judge Margaret M.S. Noe’s courtroom.

Hartung said from what he saw of WDIV’s broadcast Wednesday evening, the documents appear to be legitimate.

Poer was unavailable for comment.

Weeks said WDIV let the FBI know it had copies of the documents and the FBI told him.

Weeks said he still has concerns that releasing the documents would jeopardize the investigation. ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: May 08, 2011, 07:22:05 PM »

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/john-skelton-maintains-his-sons-are-alive,-explains-why-a-noose-was-found-in-his-home
Video
John Skelton maintains his sons are alive, explains why a noose was found in his home
May 6, 2011

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.