April 26, 2024, 10:26:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skelton Boys: ages 9, 7, and 5, missing 11/26/2010, Morenci, Michigan  (Read 177363 times)
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2010, 06:43:13 AM »

Nana  - I am sorry to hear you are going through something like it.  It is so frustrating and I feel your pain.

In my situation, the RSO is only 13 years old!!!!  I do not believe these people can be rehabilitated so this kid will be on the news someday, that I'm sure of.

The search resumes at 8am tomorrow.  I am unable to make it by then, but I'm going to call in the morning and see what, if any, supplies they need. I'm sure they at least need water (and probably some hot coffee since its freezing out) and take it up there tomorrow.

Leroy - did I know we are neighbors? I agree that Michigan is AFU about SO. No matter what this 13 year old does or has done, until he is 18 he will not be on the RSO public list. If he is  not "adjudicated" of anything but CSC 1 he will NEVER be on the public registry for SO. I know, I am there with a kid that started at about 10, arrested at 13.  Sad that there is no restrictions on his behavior nor any way for anyone to know he is a SO unless they know the family. It makes me sick.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2010, 06:48:28 AM »

Something just jumped out at me - does anyone else find it strange that he asks for his wife's forgiveness but not his boys?

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2010, 07:53:38 AM »

Something just jumped out at me - does anyone else find it strange that he asks for his wife's forgiveness but not his boys?

I found that strange myself....along with the fact that he only had his boys for a short time that weekend so why not just wait till they went back to their mother beforing attempting suicide (which I believe he was never going to carry out).

Part of me wants to believe these boys are safe because it seems like he was begging for attention from his wife...probably to win her back andor stop the divorce proceedings.  Hurting the kids certainly wouldn't accomplish that would it? 

There again, the mother is not a stellar citizen herself so I dont know.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2010, 09:18:21 AM »

This is breaking my heart.
Please, Lord, hold these 3 little boys closely.
Amen.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2010, 09:31:15 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7814019

Search resumes for 3 young Michigan brothers
Monday, November 29, 2010

MORENCI, MI -- Neighbors of three Michigan boys who were last seen the day before their father tried to commit suicide are holding onto hope that the children will be found safe, even though investigators believe the boys are in "extreme danger."

Police in Morenci, about 75 miles southwest of Detroit, resumed their search Monday for 5-year-old Tanner, 7-year-old Alexander and 9-year-old Andrew Skelton. A prayer vigil was held for the boys Sunday night after the FBI, police and numerous volunteers scoured fields, farmland and wooded areas near the Ohio-Michigan border.

The boys' father, 39-year-old John Skelton, was being treated at a hospital in Ohio for "mental health issues" after he tried to hang himself Friday, Police Chief Larry Weeks said. When asked if Skelton was a suspect in his sons' disappearance, Weeks said: "We haven't ruled anything out yet."

Authorities said John Skelton claimed that he gave the boys to a female friend before he attempted suicide, but officers haven't been able to confirm whether the woman exists.

The boys were last seen Thursday and reported missing the next day by their mother, Tanya Skelton, Weeks said. A family friend said the boys were with their father as part of court-ordered visitation and their parents were going through a divorce.

FBI child abduction teams and behavioral science experts, along with planes and search dogs, aided in the search Sunday.

That night, about 200 people gathered for a prayer vigil at a church in Morenci, a small, mostly blue-collar and farming community just north of the Ohio state line. Lights were strung on poles along the town's main street, and festive decorations adorned windows in some of the shops and eateries in town.

Friends said the Skelton boys also started celebrating the holidays early by making greeting cards. One of the older brothers wrote "Jesus is awesome" on his and drew a Nativity scene, said Kathye Herrera, a friend of Tanya Skelton who is serving as the family's spokeswoman.

"They love church. They love the interaction, and they know all about Jesus," Herrera said.

Herrera said the boys' parents have been married for 10 years but are in the process of getting a divorce. She said that earlier this year, John Skelton picked his two older sons up from school and took them to Florida, but later returned to Michigan. Custody was awarded to Tanya Skelton, though John Skelton "had been seeing the boys with no issues," Herrera said.

Herrera said Tanya Skelton attends a local college or community college and John Skelton was a long-haul truck driver who hasn't been working in while.

John Skelton's mother, Roxann Skelton of Jacksonville, Fla., told the Detroit Free Press that her son wouldn't hurt his children. She didn't return a phone message from The Associated Press.

"I know my son, he's not a monster," she told the newspaper. "He's a good son and he would not harm his boys. I know those children are, you know, still with us."

Authorities said John Skelton told investigators Friday that he wanted the boys out of his house when he committed suicide, and asked a woman named Joann Taylor to take them to their mother. John Skelton claimed that he met Taylor several years ago and the two had been involved in an online relationship, and she likely lived in southern Michigan.

But officers haven't been able to find a woman by that name or the silver van that Skelton said she was driving.

The weekend search for the boys extended to an Ohio state park just south of the Michigan state line, according to the sheriff's office in Fulton County, Ohio. The FBI got involved Friday, shortly after being contacted by Michigan authorities, said Andrew Arena, head of the agency's Detroit office.

Many of those who attended Sunday night's vigil tried to hold back tears, though others allowed them to flow freely. As "Silent Night" and other Christmas hymns played, each filed slowly past the altar, lighting small white candles before returning to the pews to continue prayers for the boys' safe return.

"Give us courage to face our fears," church Lay Leader Bob Dister said as part of a short prayer before leading into "The Lord's Prayer."

He wept as the vigil ended.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2010, 09:43:12 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7814019

Search resumes for 3 young Michigan brothers
Monday, November 29, 2010

MORENCI, MI -- Neighbors of three Michigan boys who were last seen the day before their father tried to commit suicide are holding onto hope that the children will be found safe, even though investigators believe the boys are in "extreme danger."

Police in Morenci, about 75 miles southwest of Detroit, resumed their search Monday for 5-year-old Tanner, 7-year-old Alexander and 9-year-old Andrew Skelton. A prayer vigil was held for the boys Sunday night after the FBI, police and numerous volunteers scoured fields, farmland and wooded areas near the Ohio-Michigan border.

The boys' father, 39-year-old John Skelton, was being treated at a hospital in Ohio for "mental health issues" after he tried to hang himself Friday, Police Chief Larry Weeks said. When asked if Skelton was a suspect in his sons' disappearance, Weeks said: "We haven't ruled anything out yet."

Authorities said John Skelton claimed that he gave the boys to a female friend before he attempted suicide, but officers haven't been able to confirm whether the woman exists.

The boys were last seen Thursday and reported missing the next day by their mother, Tanya Skelton, Weeks said. A family friend said the boys were with their father as part of court-ordered visitation and their parents were going through a divorce.

FBI child abduction teams and behavioral science experts, along with planes and search dogs, aided in the search Sunday.

That night, about 200 people gathered for a prayer vigil at a church in Morenci, a small, mostly blue-collar and farming community just north of the Ohio state line. Lights were strung on poles along the town's main street, and festive decorations adorned windows in some of the shops and eateries in town.

Friends said the Skelton boys also started celebrating the holidays early by making greeting cards. One of the older brothers wrote "Jesus is awesome" on his and drew a Nativity scene, said Kathye Herrera, a friend of Tanya Skelton who is serving as the family's spokeswoman.

"They love church. They love the interaction, and they know all about Jesus," Herrera said.

Herrera said the boys' parents have been married for 10 years but are in the process of getting a divorce. She said that earlier this year, John Skelton picked his two older sons up from school and took them to Florida, but later returned to Michigan. Custody was awarded to Tanya Skelton, though John Skelton "had been seeing the boys with no issues," Herrera said.

Herrera said Tanya Skelton attends a local college or community college and John Skelton was a long-haul truck driver who hasn't been working in while.

John Skelton's mother, Roxann Skelton of Jacksonville, Fla., told the Detroit Free Press that her son wouldn't hurt his children. She didn't return a phone message from The Associated Press.

"I know my son, he's not a monster," she told the newspaper. "He's a good son and he would not harm his boys. I know those children are, you know, still with us."

Authorities said John Skelton told investigators Friday that he wanted the boys out of his house when he committed suicide, and asked a woman named Joann Taylor to take them to their mother. John Skelton claimed that he met Taylor several years ago and the two had been involved in an online relationship, and she likely lived in southern Michigan.

But officers haven't been able to find a woman by that name or the silver van that Skelton said she was driving.

The weekend search for the boys extended to an Ohio state park just south of the Michigan state line, according to the sheriff's office in Fulton County, Ohio. The FBI got involved Friday, shortly after being contacted by Michigan authorities, said Andrew Arena, head of the agency's Detroit office.

Many of those who attended Sunday night's vigil tried to hold back tears, though others allowed them to flow freely. As "Silent Night" and other Christmas hymns played, each filed slowly past the altar, lighting small white candles before returning to the pews to continue prayers for the boys' safe return.

"Give us courage to face our fears," church Lay Leader Bob Dister said as part of a short prayer before leading into "The Lord's Prayer."

He wept as the vigil ended.

Klaas you'd know more about this but wouldn't they be able to find this Taylor woman by her ISP if she exists. Surely the took his computer.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2010, 10:46:56 AM »

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=13580161

Morning search for 3 boys is delayed in Morenci, MI

Posted by gotcha Monday, November 29, 2010 at 9:12 AM
Labels: Alexander, Andrew Skelton, Tanner

MORENCI, MI (WTOL) - Police and area residents gathered Monday morning to resume a search for three missing boys in Morenci, MI.
The search was scheduled to begin at 8 a.m. However, volunteers were told to hold off on beginning the search due to new developments under investigation.

WTOL's Dan Bumpus has been in Morenci all morning. He says no details have yet been given on what the developments may be.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2010, 10:52:14 AM »

http://www.wtol.com/global/category.asp?c=170190

There is suppose to be a news conference at 11:00 AM Should be able to see it at the above site

2 4 1
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2010, 10:59:22 AM »

Thank you, SQ.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2010, 11:03:43 AM »

http://www.wtol.com/global/story.asp?s=13580161
Search for 3 Morenci boys is moving to Pioneer, OH
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 7:36 AM CST Updated: Nov 29, 2010 9:54 AM CST

Search continues for 3 missing Morenci boys
Morning search for 3 boys is delayed in Morenci, MI

UPDATE: All volunteers are being asked to drive to Pioneer, OH to resume the search there. We'll have more details after an 11 a.m. news conference.
MORENCI, MI (WTOL) - Police and area residents gathered Monday morning to resume a search for three missing boys in Morenci, MI.

The search was scheduled to begin at 8 a.m. However, volunteers were told to hold off on beginning the search due to new developments under investigation.

WTOL's Dan Bumpus has been in Morenci all morning. He says no details have yet been given on what the developments may be.

For now, the search remains on hold.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2010, 11:09:56 AM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20101129/NEWS06/101129012/1318/Volunteer-search-halted-for-3-missing-brothers
Volunteer search halted for 3 missing Morenci brothers
News conference scheduled for 11 a.
Posted: 10:22 a.m. Nov. 29, 2010 | Updated: 10:47 a.m. today

MORENCI -- The public search for three missing brothers in Morenci is on hold, according to citizen volunteers.

Bill Foster, who has been helping to lead the search efforts by community members, said law enforcement officials informed citizens at about 8:15 a.m.

"We're just on hold," he said. "That's all they're telling us."

Local law enforcement officials are still searching and headed out around 10:30 a.m.

A news conference is scheduled for 11 a.m. at the Morenci Fire Department.

Some volunteers and friends of the boys' family said officials were saying the FBI, which is assisting in the investigation, was following up on tips and searching in Kunkle, Ohio.
(snip)
Haley Simpkins, 23, who said she is a friend of Tanya Skelton's older daughters from a previous marriage, said she was told law enforcement officials spent the night speaking to John Skelton, who is being treated at a mental health facility.

More than 200 citizens, including out of towners from Ohio and Indiana, signed up to join search parties today.

Volunteers and fire department workers from across the region were still waiting for direction just after 10 a.m.

According to a white board at the Morenci Fire Department, the search areas of focus include a gravel pit.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2010, 11:16:42 AM »

About the only thing that came out of the news conference is that there is NO Joann Taylor and that they are moving the search to Ohio.

2 4 1
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2010, 11:19:02 AM »

Could some kind monkey keep us up to date on the PC. Unfortunately I have slow dial up and can't watch it. Thanks in advance.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2010, 11:47:33 AM »

About the only thing that came out of the news conference is that there is NO Joann Taylor and that they are moving the search to Ohio.

Thank you, SuzieQ.  It's just heartbreaking   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2010, 11:50:48 AM »

Thank you, SuzieQ.  It's just heartbreaking   
Yes thank-you for all the updates, Ohio? Wonder if there are some relatives maybe living there?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2010, 11:56:17 AM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20101129/NEWS06/101129012/Chief-Boys-dad-lied-about-relationship-with-woman
Chief: Boys' dad lied about relationship with woman
November 29, 2010

MORENCI -- Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks confirmed today that the father of three missing boys lied about a relationship with a Jackson woman whom he told authorities he turned his boys over to so they wouldn’t commit suicide.
Weeks said at a news conference police found no established relationship between the father and the woman he described as Joann Taylor.

“We can confirm that there’s no established relationship between he and the person he described as Joann Taylor,” Weeks said.

The chief today asked the public’s help to see if any of them saw Weeks’ car from 2:30 p.m. Thursday to 1:30 p.m. Friday, but specifically from 4 a.m. to 7 am. Friday. He said authorities have information that the vehicle was not at home during some of that time and believe the boys were in the car that morning or the evening before.

The blue 2000 Dodge Caravan was towed from Skelton’s home and has a license place of 9JQ H93.

Weeks said authorities continue to have conversations with John Skelton about his missing children and have executed searches at the home and collected “things from the home to assist us with the investigation.”

In response to a question, he would not specifically confirm whether Skelton’s computer had been confiscated. Skelton told police he had stayed in touch with a Joann Taylor from the Jackson area who he met several years ago during a vehicle breakdown with her husband, and that’s who he turned his missing children over to.

Weeks said officials are searching in Ohio in the areas of Kunkle, Unity, West Unity and Holiday City.

He would not answer a question as to whether either side of the family has a connection to that area. Neither would Kathye Herrera, a spokeswoman for the family.

Asked whether authorities are optimistic the children will be found safe, Weeks said:

“We remain hopeful ... that we are going to find them and bring them home.”
Officials continue to search

Meanwhile, the public search for three missing brothers in Morenci is on hold, according to citizen volunteers.

Bill Foster, who has been helping to lead the search efforts by community members, said law enforcement officials informed citizens at about 8:15 a.m.

"We're just on hold," he said. "That's all they're telling us."

Local law enforcement officials are still searching and headed out around 10:30 a.m.

Some volunteers and friends of the boys' family said officials were saying the FBI, which is assisting in the investigation, was following up on tips and searching in Kunkle, Ohio.

Andrew Ryan Skelton, 9, Alexander William Skelton, 7, and Tanner Lucas Skelton, 5, went to their dad’s house in Morenci on Wednesday, were last seen in the backyard Thursday and, by Friday, were missing.

Their father, John Skelton, claims he gave the boys to a woman named Joann Taylor before he attempted to hang himself, but was unsuccessful. Skelton said he met Taylor years ago when she and her husband were having vehicle trouble.

Skelton, family friends have said, was a long-haul trucker.

Skelton's wife, Tanya Skelton, had recently filed for divorce, according to friends.

Haley Simpkins, 23, who said she is a friend of Tanya Skelton's older daughters from a previous marriage, said she was told law enforcement officials spent the night speaking to John Skelton, who is being treated at a mental health facility.

More than 200 citizens, including out of towners from Ohio and Indiana, signed up to join search parties today.

Volunteers and fire department workers from across the region were still waiting for direction just after 10 a.m.

According to a white board at the Morenci Fire Department, the search areas of focus include a gravel pit.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2010, 12:00:39 PM »

Thanks

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2010, 12:04:51 PM »

I was thinking the same thing. Why would he care what the ex-wife thinks, he should ask for the kids' forgiveness, as it should be what's the most important to him and would REALLY be emotionally hurt if he had committed the suicide.

I am so anxious to hear how the "suicide" went. How is it that he didn't die? Who found him, and what was his demeanor?

IF there was communication with the Joann Taylor (maybe related somehow to Zanny the Nanny?) then there should be proof in his hard drive, phone records, and any witness he could care call.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2010, 12:07:49 PM »

I was thinking the same thing. Why would he care what the ex-wife thinks, he should ask for the kids' forgiveness, as it should be what's the most important to him and would REALLY be emotionally hurt if he had committed the suicide.

I am so anxious to hear how the "suicide" went. How is it that he didn't die? Who found him, and what was his demeanor?

IF there was communication with the Joann Taylor (maybe related somehow to Zanny the Nanny?) then there should be proof in his hard drive, phone records, and any witness he could care call.

He tried to hang himself and when the attempt failed called a friend to take him to a hospital.

wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2010, 12:13:13 PM »

This is disturbing - I found it on a myspace wall that belongs to a John Skelton in Morenci Michigan. http://www.myspace.com/bonesdoesit

The Dumpster

Hello mama, I see your fuzzy face

I hear your heart beat

And feel your warm embrace

I feel you tremble

Don't be scared

(chorus)

What did I do mom

What did I say

To make you put me down and run away

Are you late for school, well that can wait

I'm your little boy so mom please stay

I'm cold and alone in this metal room

With plastic bags and a worn out broom

Nobody hears my call for you

Come back mommy 'cause I need you

(chorus)

It's my dying breath and I see a glow

It's an Angel from Heaven

And he's taking me home.

John Skelton
I hope LE has taken a serious look in to this and discussed with Mr. Skelton.  Quite descriptive...may be important clues. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.