April 26, 2024, 12:17:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skelton Boys: ages 9, 7, and 5, missing 11/26/2010, Morenci, Michigan  (Read 177338 times)
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2010, 12:15:37 PM »

Searchers were never dispatched this morning while police and FBI evaluated some new information. The search now moves into Williams County. Staging is from Pioneer with searches over to Kunkle underway.

http://statelineobserver.com/its-life/the-search-continues/

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2010, 12:42:49 PM »

For the websluths (moderators remove if needed), there is a listing in Morenci for a Tanya L. Skelton and a John R. Skelton living at 112 E. Congress St., Morenci.

Most possibly, she is the one residing in the home.

I wonder why his name hasn't been published, and if it has anything to do with he being in a mental ward. He should be a POI, and maybe the only one, now that his Zanny the Nanny is said to be of the imaginary kind.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2010, 12:44:39 PM »

This is disturbing - I found it on a myspace wall that belongs to a John Skelton in Morenci Michigan. http://www.myspace.com/bonesdoesit

The Dumpster

Hello mama, I see your fuzzy face

I hear your heart beat

And feel your warm embrace

I feel you tremble

Don't be scared

(chorus)

What did I do mom

What did I say

To make you put me down and run away

Are you late for school, well that can wait

I'm your little boy so mom please stay

I'm cold and alone in this metal room

With plastic bags and a worn out broom

Nobody hears my call for you

Come back mommy 'cause I need you

(chorus)

It's my dying breath and I see a glow

It's an Angel from Heaven

And he's taking me home.

John Skelton
I hope LE has taken a serious look in to this and discussed with Mr. Skelton.  Quite descriptive...may be important clues. 

I find it even more disturbing knowing now that Tanya Skelton is currently attending school.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2010, 12:48:35 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7814475

"Still hopeful" in search for Morenci boys
Monday, November 29, 2010

MORENCI, MI (WTVG) -- A news conference was held this morning at the Morenci, MI, fire department.

Larry Weeks, Morenci police chief, says that they are now searching for tips regarding sightings of a 2000 blue Dodge Caravan that was missing from the boys' home sometime during 2:30 p.m. Thursday to 1:30 p.m. Friday. They have the van in their possession, but are SEEKING HELP from anyone who may have seen the vehicle in WILLIAMS COUNTY, specifically West Unity, Kunkle, Pioneer or Holiday City Ohio. Authorities are following all leads.

The search for the boys has been moved to Williams Co., Ohio, but volunteer searchers should still report initially to the Morenci fire department to take part. A command post has been established at the fire department in Pioneer, OH. Aircraft are coming in today to assist in the search. The spokesperson says they remain hopeful about the boys' safety.

Related Photos

Van in missing Morenci boys case

At noon, 13abc's Alexis Means reports from the scene that a search is taking place at Lazy River Campground near Pioneer. While there are 50-60 seasonal campers parked there, all are empty. The 64-acre campground includes ponds and woods.

The reported relationship between Mr. Skelton and a woman purportedly named Joann Taylor has been dismissed as a possible lead. Earlier reports of a silver van connected to the missing boys may have been part of the lie put forth by Skelton.

Skelton remains in custody in an undisclosed mental health facility. His injuries from his suicide attempt were limited to a minor ankle fracture.

Anyone with information can call 517-458-7104.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2010, 12:52:17 PM »

For the websluths (moderators remove if needed), there is a listing in Morenci for a Tanya L. Skelton and a John R. Skelton living at 112 E. Congress St., Morenci.

I wonder why his name hasn't been published, and if it has anything to do with he being in a mental ward. He should be a POI, and maybe the only one, now that his Zanny the Nanny is said to be of the imaginary kind.

Link?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2010, 12:52:28 PM »

Lazy River Resort Campground

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2010, 12:56:34 PM »

Link?

I'm not even sure what they are trying to say?  I'm sure John R. Skelton (the boys father) is the prime suspect.   John's name has been published so I don't know what this person at WS is referring to.  Makes zero sense to me.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2010, 01:00:43 PM »

Link?

Can't yah take me word for it?

JK Smile
http://www.whitepages.com/search/Replay?lower=1&more_info=1&search_id=21291403010662581594&search_type=findperson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2010, 01:17:53 PM »

Link?

Can't yah take me word for it?

JK Smile
http://www.whitepages.com/search/Replay?lower=1&more_info=1&search_id=21291403010662581594&search_type=findperson

I think Muffy meant the link to Websleuths. 

I'm not sure what this means?  John's name has been published and I'm certain John is the prime suspect.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2010, 01:19:13 PM »

John R. Skelton

Tanya Skelton

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2010, 01:24:01 PM »

http://www.toledoblade.com/article/20101129/NEWS16/11280359

Article published November 29, 2010
Search for missing Morenci brothers called off at Ohio campground

By JENNIFER FEEHAN
and TOM TROY
BLADE STAFF WRITERS

PIONEER, Ohio — A search at a 64-acre campground in Pioneer for three missing brothers from Morenci was called off Monday afternoon after crews hunted through the area for about 90 minutes.

The firefighters and police officers had been searching the Lazy River Resort campground off of U.S. 20. After disbanding, the crews were headed back to a community center in Pioneer.

"We don't feel there's anything of value here," Cpl. Jeff Patterson said of the campground search.

Doug Rowland, the campground owner, said he received a call Sunday night from authorities saying they had information that the brothers' father, John Skelton, 39, may have used his cell phone in the immediate area.

Mr. Rowland said there are no records showing the Skelton family ever camped in the location. The campground has been closed since Oct. 10 but it can still be accessed by the public.

About 100 people on Monday afternoon broke into groups to search the campground.

Earlier Monday morning, an announcement of a new search — with only safety personnel — was made to a packed room at the Morenci Bible Fellowship Church, where volunteers had gathered at 8 a.m. to start another day of searching.

Those volunteers were asked to stay in the building by safety personnel who said they may be needed later on Monday to search the area.

Also Monday, Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said they do not believe there was a relationship between Mr. Skelton and Joann Taylor. She is the woman that Mr. Skelton said he gave his three sons to for delivery last week to their mother, Tanya Skelton.

Authorities also said they are looking for information from anyone who may have seen a Blue 2000 Dodge Caravan with a license plate of 9J0H93 in the Ohio areas of Holiday City, West Unity, and Kunkle from about 4 a.m. Friday through 7 a.m. Friday.

Community members held lighted candles and prayed silently during a vigil at a local church Sunday while authorities continued to seek public help in locating three boys missing since Friday.

More than 200 people filled Morenci United Methodist Church, where the Zuverses, the family of Tanya Skelton, the mother of Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner Skelton, regularly worship.

"It was good for everyone to come together and pray, pray for the best," said Carrie Joughin, a high school classmate of Ms. Skelton. She said grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins of the boys were in the church.

"I think people are trying to figure it out. I think there are a lot of gut instincts that don't look good," Ms. Joughin said.

During a news conference an hour before the vigil's 5:30 p.m. start, Chief Weeks said the public search for the missing boys would be suspended at nightfall and resume Monday morning.

"It would not be safe to have so many people out in the dark wooded areas," the chief said, urging those interested in volunteering today to contact the Morenci Fire Department.

Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5, all students at Morenci Elementary School, were reported missing Friday by their mother, Tanya, one day after they were last seen in the back yard at the home of their father, John Skelton.

Mr. Skelton subsequently told police he handed his sons over to a woman named Joann Taylor on Friday morning and asked her to take the boys to their mother's house. Mr. Skelton then attempted to hang himself but was not successful.

The Skeltons are in the midst of divorce proceedings. Ms. Skelton had custody of their sons, but Mr. Skelton retained visiting rights and had them visit at the former family home on East Congress Street for Thanksgiving.

Chief Weeks said Mr. Skelton remains hospitalized in a "mental health facility" following his suicide attempt.

Asked whether Mr. Skelton has been assisting police, Andrew Arena, special agent in charge of the FBI's Detroit office, declined to talk about specifics.

"We're not narrowing in on any one person," Mr. Arena said.

"That's the biggest mistake we can make is put all our eggs in one basket and focus on one person and miss something going by us."

Because police have been unable to find Joann Taylor or even verify that she exists, law enforcement and civilian volunteers began searching in earnest for the children on Saturday, following the late Friday issuance of an Amber Alert.

Hundreds of volunteers along with firefighters from 12 area departments in Ohio and Michigan, Lenawee County Sheriff's deputies and mounted patrol officers, the Michigan State Police, and the FBI were out in full force again Sunday, combing wooded areas outside Morenci as well as Harrsion Lake State Park near Fayette, Ohio, and Lake Hudson State Park east of Hudson, Mich.

Chief Weeks stressed that investigators had no direct evidence or information that the children were in any of those locales.

"These searches are being conducted in places where the boys had frequented or areas that they may have been seen in [in] the past," the chief said.

Morenci firefighter Steve Meller, who was coordinating volunteers from the command center at the fire station, said well over 200 people showed up Sunday morning to help search. Many were sent out to do straight-line searches through wooded areas along Lime Creek Highway, where Mr. Skelton reportedly used to hunt, Mr. Meller said.

Searchers were told to stay within 10 feet of each other and move in the same direction. They were to look for anything that seemed suspicious but not to touch any objects they found.

Law enforcement officers were dispatched when possible clues were reported - ground that appeared to be freshly turned, a padlock lying along the roadside.

Christal Varga was among those who turned out early to search and she said she intended to spend the entire day looking for the Skelton boys, who go to school with her children. She was with two friends, also mothers of the boys' classmates.

"If it was our kids, we wouldn't want to be sitting at home," she said. "We'd want everybody in the whole town out here."

Barb Stover, a neighbor of Mr. Skelton, showed up at the fire station with her two children to help with the search.

"We're ready to do anything. Those boys meant a lot to us," she said, adding that she's hoping they're found alive.

Michael Osborne, superintendent of the Morenci Area Schools, said clergy members and social workers would be on hand today in the district's buildings to provide support for staff and students as needed.

A message recapping the Skelton boys' disappearance and outlining the district's response plan was e-mailed to district parents Sunday evening, Mr. Osborne said, and announcements are to be made in the schools Monday morning.

Chief Weeks said that because of the large number of city employees involved in the search and investigation, municipal offices would be closed today. Reopening will be evaluated daily, he said.

The FBI's Mr. Arena said investigators are keeping their focus intentionally wide. In addition to its child-abduction response team, the FBI has brought in behavioral science experts, he said, "to give us an overview of who would've done this, the mind set, that kind of thing, and any suspects we develop they're going to give us an assessment."

Mr. Arena encouraged anyone who knows anything or sees anything that could offer a clue to the children's whereabouts to call the hot line set up by Morenci police, 517-458-7104.

"We need calls. We need tips," Mr. Arena said. "Anything that's out there - no matter how incredible you may think it is - call."

Chief Weeks said investigators particularly need to know where the boys were from 2:30 p.m. Thursday to 1:30 p.m. Friday.

He said investigators remain unsure whether Mr. Skelton truly gave his sons to Joann Taylor.

"We continue to search to verify whether or not this woman exists," the chief said. "At this point no information has been collected to lead us to this person so, again, contact the hot line if you're familiar with who Joann Taylor is or any information regarding her, her husband, or their potential whereabouts."

Chief Weeks also said police have "examined a number of electronic devices," but wouldn't divulge whether they have specifically inspected Mr. Skelton's computer for e-mails between him and Joann Taylor.

Family spokesman and friend Kathye Herrera said Tanya Skelton was staying close to home in hopes of being there if and when the children come home.

"She's sad, probably number one, because she wants her babies," Ms. Herrera said. "She's scared and just praying they're OK and somebody's taking care of them, and she's exhausted. The stress has just done her in."

Ms. Herrera said Ms. Skelton had been wary about her estranged husband's intentions since he took the children to Florida, where his parents live, two months ago without telling her.

Ms. Skelton ws upset, Ms. Herrera said, but because they were still married at the time, it was legal for him to take them to Florida.

She filed for divorce afterward.

Ms. Herrera said Ms. Skelton did not think he would hurt the boys.

"I don't think that was ever an issue," she said.

"Maybe that he would take them to Florida again, but not physically harm them. The boys loved their Dad. They loved their Mom."

During the vigil, lay leader Bob Dister implored God for protection.

"Relieve the sufferings of the Skelton and the Zuvers families. Grant them peace of mind and a renewed faith in your protection and care. Protect us all from the violence of others and keep us safe from the weapons of hate," Mr. Dister said.

Members of the Zuvers family sat close together in the front row, their faces tearful, and accepted hugs and whispered encouragements from worshippers who also dabbed away tears as they filed by to take and light candles. Christmas music played faintly in the background while the congregation was invited to pray in silence.

Mr. Dister said afterward that Tanya Skelton was in the church, but no one from the family spoke. He said she has "held up pretty well, as well as could be expected when you don't know where your kids are at."

Earlier in the day across this rural community 40 miles west of Toledo, people hoped for the best but feared the worst.

Delite Gillen discussed the case with friends at the Morenci Dari-ette over lunch. She didn't know the boys, she said, but was concerned for their safety "because it's a small town and we're just caring about everyone. That's what a small town is."

After exiting the church participants in the prayer service said they wanted to help the family of the missing boys.

"Mainly it was to support the families, show them that we care as a community," said Sharon Bruce, 67, of Morenci. She said she is friends of Beverly and Donald Zuvers, Ms. Skelton's parents, and at one time she taught piano to Tanya.

"I think people are hoping for the best and preparing for the worst," Ms. Bruce said. "We're thinking this can't be happening in Morenci. That's what we're thinking."

Staff writer David Patch contributed to this report.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2010, 01:25:20 PM »

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=13580161

Search for 3 Morenci boys moves to Pioneer, OH
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 5:36 AM PST Updated: Nov 29, 2010 9:29 AM PST

MORENCI, MI (WTOL) - Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks asked for the public's help to locate the Skelton family minivan in the search for three missing boys. He also said the search effort is moving to Pioneer, OH.

Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner Skelton, 5, were last seen Friday afternoon in their father's yard. Father John Skelton told police he turned the boys over to a woman from Jackson, MI that he met online named Joann Taylor. Weeks says they have determined no relationship exists between Skelton and any woman by that name in Jackson.

Chief Weeks described a 2000 silver/blue Dodge Caravan that may have been in the Ohio cities of Kunkel, Unity, West Unity or Holiday City late Thursday or early Friday. The Michigan license plate is 9JOH93. Anyone who may have seen that van in those areas and in the specified time frame is asked to call Morenci Police at (517) 458-7104.

The window of time they are specifically asking for is anyone who may have seen the van at 2:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 25 to  to 1:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 26. Even more specifically, they are looking for anyone who may have seen the van between 4 a.m. and 7 a.m. Friday in those cities.

Additionally, Weeks says the search is being moved to Pioneer, OH. He has not given details regarding why they're focusing on that area. Only that they've been talking to multiple sources including the boys' father.

Volunteers who showed up at the Morenci Fire Department to participate in the search was asked to stand down Monday morning. They are being asked to participate in the volunteer effort in Pioneer. Details will be posted shortly.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2010, 01:25:53 PM »

Thanks to all for the updates and insights.

I was hoping for more from the press conference.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2010, 01:27:02 PM »

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=547299

Police: Father of missing boys lied about woman
by Amulya Raghuveer
Posted: 7 mins ago

MORENCI, MICH. --

Authorities searching for three brothers, missing Friday when their father tried to commit suicide, say they believe the father was lying about who had his sons.

Crews have shifted their search for the three boys to areas around Pioneer in Williams County, Ohio. The three boys were last seen on Thanksgiving Day in the backyard of their Morenci, Michigan home before their father tried to kill himself.

An Amber Alert was issued Friday for Tanner Skelton, 5; Alexander Skelton, 7; and Andrew Skelton, 9.  They were reported missing that day by their mother, Tanya Skelton.

John Skelton, 39, of Morenci, told investigators that he didn't want the boys in his house when he committed suicide, so he asked a woman named Joann Taylor to take them to their mother, who is separated from Skelton.  Authorities now say they have ruled out any reported relationship between a Joann Taylor and Skelton.

Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks told reporters on Monday that the are no longer considering Skelton's reported relationship with the alleged woman to be true.  When asked if Skelton was lying about the relationship, Weeks repsonded, "Correct."

Weeks said authorities remain hopeful that the boys are still alive.  The focus of their search has now shifted to areas of Williams County, just south of the Ohio-Michigan border in Ohio.  A command center has been set up in Pioneer, with a search extending to Holiday City and Kunkle.

A fixed wing aircraft has been brought in to help with the search.

Authorities are also asking the public if they saw a blue 2000 Dodge Caravan with Michigan plates "9JO H93" anywhere near the Ohio-Michigan border or Ohio Turnpike late Thursday or Friday.  Investigators have reason to believe the boys were inside the vehicle at some point after their disappearance, and that the minivan had been on the Ohio Turnpike at the time in question.

Weeks says Skelton is being treated at a hospital in Ohio for "mental health issues" after trying to hang to hang himself Friday. He suffered a minor fracture in his ankle during his attempted suicide, according to Weeks. When asked if Skelton was a suspect in his sons' disappearance, Weeks said: "We haven't ruled anything out yet." Investigators continue to have conversations with Skelton regarding his sons.

If you have any information you are asked to call the Morenci Police Department at 517-458-7104.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2010, 01:43:46 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:36:58 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2010, 01:48:35 PM »

AMBER ALERT in effect for Missing Three Skelton Boys in Michigan: 9 Year Old Andrew, 7 Year Old Alexander & 5 Year Old Tanner

Posted November 29, 2010 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/11/29/amber-alert-in-effect-for-missing-three-skelton-boys-in-michigan-9-year-old-andrew-7-year-old-alexander-5-year-old-tanner/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2010, 01:49:57 PM »

Something just jumped out at me - does anyone else find it strange that he asks for his wife's forgiveness but not his boys?

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2010, 02:22:08 PM »

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=547299

Police: Father of missing boys lied about woman
by Amulya Raghuveer
Posted: 7 mins ago

MORENCI, MICH. --

Authorities searching for three brothers, missing Friday when their father tried to commit suicide, say they believe the father was lying about who had his sons.

Crews have shifted their search for the three boys to areas around Pioneer in Williams County, Ohio. The three boys were last seen on Thanksgiving Day in the backyard of their Morenci, Michigan home before their father tried to kill himself.

An Amber Alert was issued Friday for Tanner Skelton, 5; Alexander Skelton, 7; and Andrew Skelton, 9.  They were reported missing that day by their mother, Tanya Skelton.

John Skelton, 39, of Morenci, told investigators that he didn't want the boys in his house when he committed suicide, so he asked a woman named Joann Taylor to take them to their mother, who is separated from Skelton.  Authorities now say they have ruled out any reported relationship between a Joann Taylor and Skelton.

Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks told reporters on Monday that the are no longer considering Skelton's reported relationship with the alleged woman to be true.  When asked if Skelton was lying about the relationship, Weeks repsonded, "Correct."

Weeks said authorities remain hopeful that the boys are still alive.  The focus of their search has now shifted to areas of Williams County, just south of the Ohio-Michigan border in Ohio.  A command center has been set up in Pioneer, with a search extending to Holiday City and Kunkle.

A fixed wing aircraft has been brought in to help with the search.

Authorities are also asking the public if they saw a blue 2000 Dodge Caravan with Michigan plates "9JO H93" anywhere near the Ohio-Michigan border or Ohio Turnpike late Thursday or Friday.  Investigators have reason to believe the boys were inside the vehicle at some point after their disappearance, and that the minivan had been on the Ohio Turnpike at the time in question.

Weeks says Skelton is being treated at a hospital in Ohio for "mental health issues" after trying to hang to hang himself Friday. He suffered a minor fracture in his ankle during his attempted suicide, according to Weeks. When asked if Skelton was a suspect in his sons' disappearance, Weeks said: "We haven't ruled anything out yet." Investigators continue to have conversations with Skelton regarding his sons.

If you have any information you are asked to call the Morenci Police Department at 517-458-7104.

I am relieved they are looking in another place.  I just remember so vividly when we were searching for Sarah Foxwell last Christmas and the call came to stop searching.  It was the most horrid feeling in my gut . . .

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2010, 02:42:15 PM »

From the Sex Offender Registry - same person:

Prior to adopting a son and a daughter ... friends of our daughter and SIL ... willingly complied to qualifying requirements which ranged from a certain square footage within their home right up to a criminal background check.

Why was this woman allowed unsupervised contact with children?

These precious little boys never stood a chance.

Janet

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2010, 02:45:44 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:37:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.