March 28, 2024, 04:49:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skelton Boys: ages 9, 7, and 5, missing 11/26/2010, Morenci, Michigan  (Read 175992 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #440 on: September 17, 2012, 12:26:09 PM »

i feel bad that i cant cover, every square foot of the places i look, but
since im just,3hrs away,and as time permits,maybe i can get more
of the areas covered over time,it really does feel like looking for a
needle in a haystack,when your scouting pos locations,and there
were,very few people on the backroads,and i saw no one in the PKs
the PKs had rough trail/path,i dont think the average person/s wanting
to view wildlife would wander to far off the path
i wanted to try and get 2 trips in this fall,but i dont  think i can,i want to
go 2nd wknd of oct.not sure i can get that time though, for sure 2days
of turkey day wknd i can get the time,im hoping the weather is ok for
tramping the wood,and some of this may have to wait until spring
the boys need to come home and the fam needs resolution

looked around Holiday City, OH,and found the 2 areas below,on the maps
you can switch,from sat to map

i did a walk trough from PK lot south to woodland cross creek,moved north
cross creek,back to PK lot,used binocs
beaver creek,now known as parkersburg
http://goo.gl/maps/EkVxO
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/9/Images/hunting/Wildlife%20Area%20Maps/pub017.gif

i didnt get to check  all of george bible PK, i twisted my ankle,GB PK is about  3-4mile
west of PKB PK,where i looked
http://goo.gl/maps/F2s1M

wanted to look at,goll woods nature preserve near  West Unity, OH, the ankle
was still bothering me,so i put it on the look and see, in the fall list
http://goo.gl/maps/5BStc

found this on the way home part of the wabash cannonball trail,ive put it on the
look and see, in the fall list, i notice a couple of more places from Gmap on the
 trail, to do a look and see
http://goo.gl/maps/qrCb7
http://wabashcannonballtrail.org/maps

review map for cities
http://goo.gl/maps/LFzhp

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #441 on: November 26, 2012, 12:12:35 AM »

Family of missing Michigan boys holds out hope

10:44PM EST November 25. 2012 - MORENCI, Mich. -- When Tanya Zuvers thinks of her three young sons, she often pictures them playing and having fun.

Zuvers would bring Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton to Wakefield Park in Morenci, Mich., so they could climb on the playground equipment.

On Sunday, more than 100 people gathered at that same park to share stories about the three boys who vanished two years ago, raise awareness about their case and watch the unveiling of a plaque on a rock that included the boys' names, a picture of them and the words "faith, hope, love."

The rock will stay at the park for now, but could be moved later.

"Once the boys return home, if it's a positive outcome, the rock will come to our house," Zuvers said. "If it's not a positive outcome, then this will become part of their headstone."

::snipping2::

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2012/11/25/missing-michigan-boys/1726149/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: November 26, 2012, 12:14:44 AM »

Michigan community unveils memorial to missing Skelton boys
Posted: 11.25.2012 at 8:37 PM

MORENCI, MI -- Family and friends gathered Sunday, to unveil a memorial plaque in honor of three Michigan children who disappeared two years ago, on Thanksgiving weekend.

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=829498
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: November 26, 2012, 12:23:04 AM »

Two years since the Skelton boys disappeared

6:29 PM, Nov 24, 2012

If Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton are still alive, they may now look like this. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children created this age-progressed image of the boys, who disappeared November 2010

MORENCI, Mich. (DETROIT FREE PRESS)-- Tanya Zuvers says she's ready to confront the man suspected in the disappearance of her three sons two years ago -- the boys' father.

She said she wants to visit John Skelton in the Upper Peninsula prison where he is serving a 10- to 15-year sentence after pleading no contest last year to unlawful imprisonment in connection with the boys' disappearance.

Zuvers said it would be the first time she has spoken with her ex-husband since their sons went missing from their Morenci home over the Thanksgiving holiday in 2010.

"Where I'm at in my own personal growth, I'm ready to confront some things with him, and I have things I want to say to him," she said.

On Sunday, supporters will gather at Wakefield Park in Morenci to raise awareness and remember Andrew, Alexander and Tanner, who were ages 9, 7 and 5, respectively, when they went missing.

Skelton has insisted he doesn't know where his sons are and said they are with members of an underground sanctuary group. Police believe he murdered the boys.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/232642/2/Mother-of-missing-boys-ready-to-face-suspect
MOMDET
Scared Monkey

« Reply #444 on: November 27, 2012, 12:39:22 PM »

I thought of the mother this weekend and also of the SOB who reigned this terror on her.  God let there be justice for these boys!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: December 26, 2012, 04:49:14 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/21/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE

Nancy Grace Mysteries -- The Skelton Brothers

Aired December 21, 2012 - 20:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Prayers tonight for Andrew, Alex and Tanner, the three Skelton brothers police say remain in grave danger the longer they go missing. No one has seen them since Thanksgiving, and everyone here is praying they are out there somewhere and safe.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We need calls. We need tips. Anything that`s out there, no matter how incredible you may think it is, call.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I think having the community there to support has made all the difference in the world to the family, knowing that these people care and they`re out there looking and doing everything they can.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t know if you`re aware of the number of phone calls and things that are coming from around the world.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

NANCY GRACE, HOST: When I hear the name John Skelton, it still to this day sends a chill down my back. John Skelton had three beautiful little boys. They were aged, I believe, 9, 7 and 5. They`ve never been seen alive again since they were last with their father.

Their father, John Skelton, has come up with so many different stories about what happened to his children. But one of the most intriguing and unbelievable stories that he came up with is that he had taken the three little boys -- again, ages 9, 7 and 5 -- from the mother. He did not have a right to visitation, but the mom relented and let him see his children over the holiday. She never saw them again.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is the boys` father, John Skelton. His sons were last in his care Thanksgiving day. Out of work, separated and, a neighbor says, depressed, he tried to hang himself Friday and told police he wanted his boys out of his home when he did it, so he gave them to a woman he has an e-mail relationship with, even though their mother was just a block away, police and now even the FBI unable to find that woman or confirm if she exists. Bottom line, they don`t know what`s happened to the boys.

JOHN SKELTON, SUSPECT IN CHILDREN`S DISAPPEARANCE: Just because people are saying there`s (INAUDIBLE) murder investigation does not mean that they -- that the boys are dead.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Only on 7, a jailhouse interview with John Skelton after he learns that Morenci`s police chief is investigating his sons` disappearance as murder.

Why do you think they`ve switched this to a murder investigation? What do you think leads them to believe that your kids are dead?

SKELTON: Because there`s nobody to corroborate seeing (INAUDIBLE). There`s no pictures of these people. We covered our tracks (INAUDIBLE)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Skelton, who last saw the boys alive here on Thanksgiving at his home in Morenci, tells Action News he gave his sons to a group called Underground Sanctuary. He says it was to protect them from his wife, Tanya.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: One of the stories Skelton came up with is that he gave his children, handed his three boys over to an underground sanctuary. Because he did not want the children to be raised by their mother, he thought it better to hand them off to strangers that would protect the boys, and that upon their graduation from high school -- as he said, their hibernation -- they would re-emerge.

Now, as kooky as that sounds, some people may be prone to believe it until they learn that he also gave several other stories about what happened to his children.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SKELTON: She wouldn`t talk to me about it or anything and alienated me and started -- started to alienate the kids from me and stuff. And I have to go with -- you know, I don`t think my kids would lie to me.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Police have cleared Tanya of any wrongdoing in this case, and even as John makes these accusations against his estranged wife, John says he wants to talk to her.

Have you tried talking to her?

SKELTON: No. She hasn`t talked to me since the 26th of November. I wish she would. I wish she would.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What would you tell her if she talked to you?

SKELTON: Just stop treating me this way because I didn`t do anything wrong. I was trying to find a way to get people to talk to me, to get her to talk to me, to get to the bottom of what the boys had said.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: As for this ominous Facebook post the night before the disappearance of his sons, John says he was simply upset.

You posted something on your Facebook the night that the kids went missing. You said, "May God and Tanya forgive me." That was the night before the kids disappeared. What did you mean by that?

SKELTON: I was just -- I was -- I was spiraling -- I was spiraling out of control. Tanya -- I was depressed. Tanya played with my emotions to get the reaction that (INAUDIBLE)

(END VIDEO CLIP)
GRACE: He said that he handed them off to a female friend, that he gave them to somebody in a van, that he wrapped each one of the boys up in a blanket with a stuffed animal before he sent them off in the van. He`s told so many different stories about what happened to his children that none of them can now be believed.

All of the evidence must be viewed in context of what was found in the search of his home. Then 39-year-old John Skelton`s home was a treasure trove of evidence. In the home was found a noose, a bullet, a list of cleaning supplies, a computer search of neck-breaking and poisoning.

Not only that, we learned that he takes his little boys` toothbrushes -- little 5-year-old Tanner, 7-year-old Alexander, 9-year-old Andrew`s toothbrushes and their winter coats -- two things that any mother would know their sons needed, their toothbrush and their winter coats -- and gives them to an aunt and tells her that the boys won`t need them and he does not want his ex-wife, Tanya, to have the coats or the toothbrushes or the memories of the three boys.

Also found posted on John Skelton`s Facebook page is an apology, a prayer of sorts to God and to his ex-wife, Tanya, begging for their forgiveness.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Prayers tonight for Andrew, Alex and Tanner, the three Skelton brothers police say remain in grave danger the longer they go missing. No one has seen them since Thanksgiving, and everyone here is praying they are out there somewhere and safe.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Today marked another day of dozens of volunteers searching this tiny town for any signs of the little boys, working with few if any leads, neighbors here spending the day traipsing through wooded areas, even streams.

Haley Simpkins (ph) searched late last night. It`s personal for her. She knows the boys and their family well.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It`s devastating to them to know that they don`t know where the boys are.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She`s back out today and isn`t discouraged when nothing is found.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: No, it`s not, because then there`s hope.

(END VIDEO CLIP)
GRACE: This case is like a house of horrors because every time you turn the corner down one corridor, you get another bad surprise. Skelton was actually arrested in the hospital, admitted after a failed suicide attempt. He broke his foot apparently trying to hang himself.

Now, when cops questioned him about the noose they found in the home, his theory was that he was not trying to kill himself or his children, that the rope was actually an apparatus -- part of an apparatus he was building to go mountain climbing.

Never did really explain the broken foot, but he was absolutely admitted into the hospital for a failed suicide attempt, and that`s where he was arrested.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: Now, that begs the question, if you willingly hand your three little boys over to a secret society to protect them, why would you kill yourself before they came out of hibernation upon high school graduation? Wouldn`t you be waiting for them with open arms? Wouldn`t you want to say, See? Here they are. They`re alive and well, just like I promised.

No, he tried to kill himself and broke his foot in the process. And I would be very curious to find out whether John Skelton had gone hiking or mountain climbing a day in his life.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: In the course of the criminal investigation, something as serious as looking for three boys, we have to take all the appropriate steps and follow all the rules to ensure the positive and speedy outcome. If we don`t, we jeopardize that, and I`m not willing to do that.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Back here live, as the police chief continues to answer questions here. This is key now, the father saying he was handing these children over to a woman that he had an on-line Internet relationship with, a woman named Joann Taylor, possibly from Jackson County or Hillsdale County here in Michigan.

The police chief, though, just telling us they don`t know if that woman even exists. They don`t know if that`s some sort of false alarm that the father is passing along here.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There was contact with someone alleging to be Joann, but we, again, like I said before, cannot confirm that that person exists. We have been in regular and constant contact with Tanya regularly. She has been in our office virtually the entire day, working side by side with us in an effort to resolve this.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Now, as I mentioned earlier, John Skelton gave many, many stories about the whereabouts of his three little boys, leading cops to quickly turn a missing person investigation into a multiple homicide investigation.

In addition to claiming he had handed his three little boys over to strangers of an underground society to protect children, he also said that he had had nightmares that he saw his three boys in a dumpster. And that`s a big red flag.

He also made drawings like maps and told others that he had left the boys in a park. He also told the story that he had left them in an abandoned schoolhouse. He also, as I mentioned earlier, told others that he wrapped them up in blankets with a stuffed animal before he handed them over to a stranger in a van.

He also said that when he wrapped the little boys up individually in blankets with stuffed animals, that was just a dry run for when he would really give the boys to the secret underground child protection society. So there are a lot of stories from which to pick.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Police have cleared Tanya of any wrongdoing in this case. And even as John makes these accusations against his estranged wife, John says he wants to talk to her.

Have you tried talking to her?

SKELTON: No. She hasn`t talked to me since the 26th of November. I wish she would. I wish she would.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What would you tell her if you talked to her?

SKELTON: The way she treats me -- just stop treating me this way because I didn`t do anything wrong. I was trying to find a way to get people to talk to me, to get her to talk to me, to get to the bottom of what the boys had said.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: As for this ominous Facebook post the night before the disappearance of his sons, John says he was simply upset.

You posted something on your Facebook the night that the kids went missing. You said, "May God and Tanya forgive me." That was the night before the kids disappeared. What did you mean by that?

SKELTON: I was just -- I was spiraling -- I was spiraling out of control. Tanya -- I was depressed. Tanya played with my emotions to get the reaction that we got.
(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: Now, about this so-called secret underground child protection sanctuary organization, even his stories on that were conflicting. At first, he claimed that he handed his boys over to them to protect them from an abusive mother.

Now, let me remind you that their mother had never been found to be neglectful or abusive to the three boys. In fact, she was granted sole custody of them. He was given no custody and no visitation.

One of the last times she let him visit with the children, he had run off, and she had a really tough time getting her children back, which was why she was very reluctant to let them see their father. But again, she relented over the holidays and let them visit, and they were never seen alive again.

Now, back to this secret society. First he claims he handed them over to the society to protect them from an abusive mom, which was not true. But then later, he changed even that story to state that the society got the children and then refused to give them back, that he could not get them back. So now it was the society`s fault.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: This is the Shipshuana (ph) flea market here in Bowling Green, Ohio, right next door to the Woodland Mall. Sources confirm to Local 4 that the boys` former music teacher from Morenci is now telling investigators that she believes she spotted the boys here on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Tonight, we`ve learned she`s telling investigators that she believes she spotted Andrew, Alexander and Tanner here at the flea market with a woman matching the description also given by another Ohio woman, a worker at a doughnut shop in Sandusky. That former music teacher reportedly had no idea the boys were missing.

Keep in mind this was Friday night, the Friday night after Thanksgiving, and the Amber Alert didn`t go out until the next day, Saturday. This music teacher from Morenci, who is now retired, reportedly saw news reports this past Monday, learned the boys were missing, and went to Morenci police first thing Tuesday morning to talk to investigators and tell them what she saw.

Meantime, we`ve also learned FBI investigators were back out at the doughnut house in Sandusky yet again today, conducting brand-new interviews. And at this point, we know they will not confirm if they are, indeed, calling out a sketch artist to try and help in this investigation.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The vehicle that Mr. and Mrs. Skelton owned, a 2000 Dodge Caravan, blue in color, could potentially have been away from the residence during that period of time in question.
We believe potentially, the boys, Alexander, Tanner and Andrew, were in the vehicle that morning or the evening before. And the reports we have would indicate that that vehicle was not at the home during some of the time in question here.

So since we can last pinpoint the boys in the back yard on Thursday afternoon and that we know that the vehicle wasn`t at the home at a period of time there, we certainly would want any leads that we could gather.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Then 39-year-old John Skelton insists he did not hurt his boys, that, in fact, he`s the victim, that the boys were taken away from him just as much as they were taken away from the mother, that he is actually the one suffering.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: They`ve been searching everywhere, through campgrounds, woods, and everything in between.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We went to the gravel pit, searched around there. We went to the campground. We searched through all the campsites around it, through the fields, as much as the FBI told us.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And so far, nothing. And no one wants to say it out loud, but this community is beginning to fear the worst has happened to Andrew, Alex and Tanner.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Half these people don`t know the family. We just have a really caring community. I mean, we`re all -- we`re all like brothers out here.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: In this case, cell phone records reveal very interesting details. The day after Thanksgiving, early, early that morning, at 4:19 AM, his cell phone is at home, where he`s believed to be. But by 4:23 AM, four minutes later, that cell phone is on the move. And it is tracked across the state lines to Holiday City. That`s Williams County, Ohio, just across the state border. It stays in that range until back home -- they hear nothing more until back home at 6:46 AM.

Now, as we know, it`s shortly after that that he apparently attempts suicide and is taken to the hospital, where he is arrested.

The search for the three little boys was extensive. Police did everything within their power to find them or their remains. They searched ditches, barns, abandoned buildings, roadways, creeks, bodies of water, wooded areas. They searched by foot, by land, by air, in the water. Dive teams were brought in. K-9s were brought in. Volunteers searched. Police searched. In both states they searched.

And to this day, neither the boys nor their remains have been found. And it`s important to know that three months after the end of this massive search for the three boys, police renamed the investigation from missing person to homicide.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Investigators from multiple agencies spent all evening here at the home in Morenci where the boys were last seen on Thanksgiving evening. They took evidence from the home. There`s also concern tonight because of a posting on Facebook from the boys` father.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: John Skelton`s last Facebook post reads, "I love my wife very much. May God and Tanya forgive me," a cryptic message that police are now trying to decipher.

Meanwhile, FBI, Michigan State Police and Morenci police brought out the chopper and searched John Skelton`s home late into Saturday night. Skelton`s house was the last place his three sons were seen alive. Five- year-old Tanner, seven-year-old Alexander and nine-year-old Andrew have not been seen or heard from since Thursday night.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Anytime you have children this old that are not with a caring loved one, I think you have to assume they`re in jeopardy.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Everybody is still, like I said, hoping and praying and trying to remain positive. So we`re hoping that the community can stay with us and be positive and be there and be our support.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Police say the three little boys disappeared after a bizarre chain of events reported by their father. Morenci police say John Skelton tried to kill himself in his home on Friday, but before doing so, Skelton says, he handed off the kids to a woman he met years ago on the side of the road.

Skelton is telling investigators the woman had car trouble, so he pulled over to help her and has maintained contact with her over e-mail. Skelton says Joann picked up the kids Friday morning at the house before he attempted suicide. Police are not sure this story adds up.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Up to this point, we have not been able to locate a Joann Taylor or confirm that she even exists.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Skelton`s neighbors said he recently lost his job and separated from his wife, but they didn`t know his troubles had reached a boiling point.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Finally we get a judge that knows what she`s doing and is not afraid to do it. This case came before Judge Margaret Noe. Prosecutors did not think they had enough evidence to go forward with homicide charges, so they went forward with what they had. And they definitely did the right thing. They went forward with three counts of unlawful imprisonment of the three boys. And he pled. He pled guilty to those three counts. And here`s where the judge took a U-turn.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You`re looking at John Skelton`s mug shot. He is facing charges tonight of parental kidnapping and was taken into custody just moments after being released from a mental health facility in Ohio. Earlier today, before these charges were announced, the chief said to expect the worst. The police do not think this story will have a happy ending.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`ve continued to talk to virtually all parties involved in this investigation, including Mr. Skelton. The statements that he`s made to investigators would indicate that it`s not going to be a positive outcome.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: At the Skelton home in Morenci today, "Defender" cameras captured detectives with the Michigan State Police wearing gloves, carrying bags, removing what could be potential evidence. The children`s toys still cover the back yard. A stroller sits in the carport. And neighbors like Charles Cox (ph) miss seeing the kids next door outside playing.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You`ve seen the pictures everywhere. That`s the way they looked.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`re told Skelton was talking with investigators while in the hospital this morning, but told so many different stories and led those searching in so many different directions that cops simply don`t buy anything he says.

Skelton`s phones and computers have been seized, and we`re told another search at the home could begin Wednesday morning. Searchers on the ground here in Michigan have been focusing on a rural area about five miles from the family`s home. It`s an emotionally exhausting process.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I have two grandsons. I raised three kids of my own. We just -- we felt we had to do something. We couldn`t just sit back and not help somehow.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: Judge Margaret Noe was looking at the guidelines, the sentencing guidelines, which called for between 43 and 86 months. She said, and I quote, that that sentencing scheme was "grossly inadequate," and she insisted that he serve the full 15 years behind bars or until the three boys are no longer missing from their home.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: In his three-minute extradition hearing in Lucas County, John Skelton said he knew what he was charged with and agreed to go back to Michigan willingly.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: He needs to stay in prison until he tells where the boys are.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And now Skelton`s pastor hopes pressure back home will encourage him to tell police where his sons Alexander, Andrew and Tanner are.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: John is warm. He`s fed. He`s clothed. He can watch television. We don`t know those things about the boys.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Skelton`s boys went missing around Thanksgiving. He told police he gave them to a woman he met on line. Police told the media this case will likely not have a positive outcome.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: If, in fact, there is some evidence that the crime was committed here in Ohio, then we could bring him back.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We just keep believing that God is in control and that this will be resolved.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Pastor Donna Galloway (ph) speaks with the boys` mother every day.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It just gets more difficult every day.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Even though the family still can`t think of a negative outcome.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Until we have something in front of us that indicates that there is no hope left, then hope is what we have.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: As for authorities, they`re thinking about their next step, if that`s to come.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Ohio does have the death penalty. Michigan does not.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

RITA COSBY, INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER: Skelton was driving a van, and what authorities said was very interesting -- that phone records in this case were extremely significant because they say that cell phone records show that at 4:19 AM, he was at his house. And then according to records, at 4:23, four minutes later, he`s on the move. Then he`s about 30 miles away about half an hour later.

He comes back to the house. It was around 6:46 AM. So during that time, from 4:23 to 6:46 AM, he is somewhere else. He`s out driving. He has gone quite a good distance. And authorities firmly believe it was in that timeframe -- again, the wee hours of the morning -- why is suddenly someone taking off from their house at 4:23 in the morning? It`s a very odd time to leave. But they believe it was at that point that he disposed of the three boys.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: ... with (ph) the family, and I want to find these babies and bring them home to their mama.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I`m from Virginia, the southwestern part of Virginia, and...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Volunteers came from near and far, hoping to find 7-year-old Alexander, 5-year-old Tanner and 9-year-old Andrew Skelton, who went missing Thursday afternoon.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It`s been awful. I`m a mother, so it`s been a terrible experience to go through, and I just want to bring them home safe.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Imagine your worst nightmare come true. How would you respond?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Searchers continue to look for the boys. They appeared to be saying a prayer as they boarded a bus after the developments, but made one very clear statement. They`re not giving up.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: These boys need to get home.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Hillary Golden (ph) knows Andrew and Alex Tanner. The two oldest boys and their father stayed at her home in September. She says John Skelton came to Jacksonville with the two boys to attend a class reunion at Fletcher High School. But Golden says it was during that visit when she noticed things falling apart with the family. She says the boys` mother, Tanya Skelton, just filed for divorce in Michigan while the boys were here.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It turned into a case where she had reported that the father had kidnapped them, that John had kidnapped them. And apparently, the situation escalated from there and I guess led up to this point.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The Channel 4 investigators uncovered court documents today about that case. In September, there was an emergency hearing in Jacksonville to have the boys returned to Michigan to be with their mother.

Today, Michigan police charged John Skelton with parental kidnapping stemming from the latest disappearance, but his friends and family here in Jacksonville say they stand behind him. They believe someone else is hiding the boys to avoid a nasty custody battle.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: What I hope is going on is that somebody somewhere is keeping those kids in a safe place and that they think that they`re doing the right thing by keeping them from a situation that they thought was going to be harmful to them emotionally.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Skelton`s sister also lives in Jacksonville. She won`t talk about her brother but did talk about her missing nephews.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: They`re fun-loving, real energetic, little God- worshiping little boys. They love their church. They love their family. They need to come home.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And I got to ask you about the family. How are you guys holding up?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We`re sticking together. We`re just holding together and keeping each other strong.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: John, what did you do to your kids?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Well, to this day, Morenci, Michigan, police chief Larry Joe Weeks says that he believes that the bodies of three -- of these three little boys will be found within 80 miles of Morenci, that that is where they were hidden, that he will never give up and he will continue searching for the three little boys.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`re going to start at this road and we`re going to make a line to the north.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Volunteers, some who know and many who have no connection to the Skelton family, as well as dozens of firefighters from departments across Michigan and Ohio had a call time of 8:00 AM today and hit small towns that parallel the Ohio Turnpike, Holiday City, Conkel (ph), Montpelier and others, doing line searches through the rural area on foot, checking everything from Hillcrest Country Club to the Optic (ph) Park.

Most will tell you off-camera they believe Andrew, Alex and Tanner are dead, but their commitment to walk through the rain and the brush remains. The idea of leaving these children alone is something they just can`t tolerate.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We`ve known the family for a long, long time, so we`re just out here helping. Anything we can do to help, that`s what we want to do. We brought food and we volunteered to help look. And so we just can`t sit home and not do anything.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Now as to their father, he`s still standing by his story that the three boys are with a secret underground society for child protection.

COSBY: In the end, Skelton was sentenced to 10 to 15 years behind bars. He pled guilty to three counts of false imprisonment, and the judge threw the book at him.

The judge went well beyond the sentencing guidelines because the judge felt, in this case, Skelton deceived investigators, still refused to tell authorities where the three boys were. He was not cooperating. He was not giving information. Even though he entered into this plea deal and did plead guilty to these three counts, they still felt his actions were so egregious, so terrible, and still not giving information on the boys.

She said, I will go well beyond -- this man has just committed a horrible crime, not sharing information, and I`m going to throw the book at him.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Thirty feet of water in this gravel pit is where dive teams began their search this morning for the three missing Skelton boys. So far, this phase of the search is concentrated on a half dozen small bodies of water near the St. Joseph River in Ohio. Divers from Toledo, Cambridge and Jerusalem remained in their boats, dragging sophisticated equipment through the water.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The sonar that we`re utilizing takes underwater images, basically silhouettes of what the bottom conditions are. And if there`s any objects that are of interest, we`ll deploy divers to rule them out.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: K-9 units searched near the Ohio Turnpike, and once again today, volunteers and officers returned to the Lazy River campground. Today`s news conference was the most emotional of the six days. Both the police chief and the mayor talked about the boys and family members who missed them so much.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I was at their house on one occasion and Andrew came out and he saw me and he says, Hey, Chief, how are you doing? I said, I`m good. How are you? And just a minute. And he ran back into the house and he came back out, and he had one of these toy police vests and caps. He said to me, he says, I`m going to be a police officer like you some day.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

GRACE: He`s sticking with his story that the three little boys, Andrew, Alexander and Tanner, are with a secret underground society for child protection.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The only question left is, are you man enough to tell the truth once and for all? You`ve shown no courage. You`ve shown no guts. You`ve shown no class.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: John Skelton spoke twice. He still gave no explanation, no idea where his three sons are, Andrew, Alexander and Tanner.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: (INAUDIBLE) system didn`t fail me (INAUDIBLE) people who were close to me had done something (INAUDIBLE) That`s it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Skelton had previously said he turned the boys over to a secret underground organization. He was going through a divorce and alleged the boys were abused by their mother.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I worry about them. Are they safe? (INAUDIBLE) most importantly, being loved? My fear is that the answer to these questions are no because no one will ever be able to love those three precious boys like I do.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Judge Margaret Noe exceeded the guidelines, giving him 10 to 15 years in prison not for the murder, but for his plea of no contest to unlawful imprisonment.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Because of you, Andrew, Alexander and Tanner are gone. We don`t know where they are, how they are.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The Morenci police chief is today asking deer hunters and people who live near Holiday City in northern Ohio, near the Michigan border, to still look for remains this fall. That`s where Skelton`s cell phone put him the morning after Thanksgiving, when the boys disappeared.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I believe that John Skelton disposed of the boys in some fashion during the timeframes I just indicated a short time ago. But you have to keep in mind, in that timeframe, he could have driven anywhere from up to 80 miles away.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The police chief saying out here 10 to 15 years is a long time to resolve this case one way or the other, and he will stay on it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: As part of a plea bargain, prosecutors dropped the charges of kidnapping. Those could have led to life in prison. This deal leaves the door open for murder charges if the boys are found dead.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I do love my boys. All I was just wanted to say hi and meet you. That`s it. Give me a chance just to say hello. Do you want to just tell your boys to come home? Just say, Come home, honey.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Just come home, boys. Please.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You can do it. I know this has been hard for you. And everyone`s praying for you. You`re a beautiful person.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Thank you.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What -- I guess right now, how are you staying strong? Everyone wants to know that.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: God and my family.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Skelton maintains he gave his sons to an organization with the help of a woman named Joann Taylor. The FBI has said that woman does not exist.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He also told the court he thought the group would bring the boys back when their mother no longer had custody.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: My heart wants to believe what he says, and I think it`s unfortunate he uses that as a mechanism to play with people`s emotions.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: In the end, the judge called Skelton`s actions outrageous and deplorable, and said that her sentence would exceed the guidelines. The sentence, 10 to 15 years with nearly one year credit.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: During that time, Morenci police chief Larry Weeks vows to keep looking for the boys.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You know, we`re not going to give up.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Chief Weeks also said new information from Skelton`s cell phone shows he was northeast of Holiday City the morning after the boys disappeared. However, the timeframe shows he could have driven 80 miles in any direction. Today, John Skelton is headed to prison.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: But his story`s changed a little bit. Before, he said that the boys would hibernate in hiding until they graduated high school. But now he says that the boys will remain hidden until he, John Skelton, is released from jail.

END

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: January 05, 2013, 09:49:18 PM »

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=836599
Missing Skelton brothers case to get attention on national TV
December 12, 2012

MORENCI -- The search for the missing Skelton brothers in Morenci, Michigan is getting national attention.

The Morenci Police Department is partnering with John Walsh, the former host of "America's Most Wanted."

His new show, "John Walsh Investigates", will look into the disappearance of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton two years ago.   And try to shed some light on where they may be.
The Lifetime Network show will air sometime in January or February of 2013.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: January 05, 2013, 09:51:43 PM »

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/home/missing-skelton-brothers-featured-by-john-walsh-thanks-to-morenci-police-department-partnership
Missing Skelton brothers featured by John Walsh thanks to Morenci Police Department partnership
December 13, 2012

Morenci, Michigan (WXYZ) - The Morenci Police Department is taking action to keep the search for missing brothers  Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton from going cold.

The Department this week announced plans to partner with Walsh Productions.  The company will film an episode of John Walsh's new show "John Walsh Investigates".

“In the episode in which portions will be filmed here in Morenci, they will profile the case of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton's disappearance and suspected murder. If filming and production goes as planned, the episode would air on the Lifetime Network at the end of January or the first of February,” read a post on the Morenci Police Department’s facebook page.
More...

Link to Morenci Police Departments Face Book page:  https://www.facebook.com/MorenciPD

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #448 on: June 03, 2013, 08:44:50 AM »

USA Today
Gina Damron, Detroit Free Press6:25 p.m. EST November 24, 2012
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2012/11/24/missing-mich-boys/1724461/

Mother of missing boys hopes to confront ex-husband

The boys went missing two years ago and haven't been found; their father pleaded no contest last year to charges of unlawful imprisonment after kidnapping charges were dropped.

DETROIT -- Tanya Zuvers says she's ready to confront the man suspected in the disappearance of her three sons two years ago — the boys' father.

She said she wants to visit John Skelton in the Upper Peninsula prison where he is serving a 10- to 15-year sentence after pleading no contest last year to unlawful imprisonment in connection with the boys' disappearance.

Zuvers said it would be the first time she has spoken with her ex-husband since their sons went missing from their Morenci home over the Thanksgiving holiday in 2010.

"Where I'm at in my own personal growth, I'm ready to confront some things with him, and I have things I want to say to him," she said.

Skelton has insisted he doesn't know where his sons are and said they are with members of an underground sanctuary group. Police believe he murdered the boys.

Zuvers has thought about what she'd say to her ex if he accepts her visit. She even has jotted down some notes — but she wants Skelton to be the first to hear it. She said the conversation would mostly focus on their sons.

Maybe she'll get some answers, Zuvers said.

"You know," she said, "there was a time when we were in love, and I don't know what went wrong there."

What records show

During a court hearing in July 2011, after prosecutors struck a plea deal with Skelton, Lenawee County Circuit Judge Margaret M.S. Noe read aloud details from police reports.

Skelton pleaded no contest to charges of unlawful imprisonment, and charges of kidnapping — punishable by up to life in prison — were dismissed.

Noe said Skelton told investigators that he wrapped his sons in blankets, gave them stuffed animals, put them in his van and drove away.

Noe said records show Skelton searched the Internet for information on how to break a neck a week before his sons went missing and reportedly took his sons' winter coats and toothbrushes to his aunt's house and said he didn't need them anymore.

Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said investigators believe Skelton disposed of his sons' bodies within 80 miles of Morenci, based on information from cellphone records.

In a statement released Tuesday, police said Skelton's story has been "wrought with inconsistencies."

"His choice to hide behind this outlandish story is selfish and cowardly," Weeks said in the statement. "If he cared about his sons at all, he would disclose the truth and bring resolution to this case."

"You've got to keep living, you can't not be a part of life and you've got to go on," she said. "And that was a hard thing to come to that it was OK to keep living life."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #449 on: June 18, 2013, 11:57:30 PM »

http://www.lenconnect.com/article/20130618/NEWS/130619561/1001/NEWS

Skelton brothers TV episode to air Wednesday

At a glance: "John Walsh Investigates"
WHAT: “John Walsh Investigates” episode featuring the missing Skelton boys from Morenci
WHEN: 9 p.m. Wednesday, June 19
CHANNEL: Lifetime (channels 34 and 188 on Comcast, 252 on DirecTV, 108 on Dish Network).

By Daily Telegram staff
Updated Jun. 18, 2013 @ 9:46 am

MORENCI  —  A television show featuring a segment on missing Skelton brothers Andrew, Alexander and Tanner is set to air Wednesday on Lifetime.

Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks posted on the department's Facebook page Monday that "John Walsh Investigates" is set to air at 9 p.m. on the cable network. The Skelton brothers segment is set to air as the final case of the evening's show.

Advocate John Walsh, best known for spearheading criminal case-closing efforts through "America's Most Wanted," visited Morenci in December to interview the boys' mother, Tanya Zuvers, and Weeks. Walsh said he hopes to bring light to the case and solve the mystery of their whereabouts.

The brothers, who disappeared in November 2010 at ages 5, 7 and 9, were in the custody of their father, John Skelton, at the time.

John Skelton is serving a prison sentence connected to their disappearance.

Weeks also posted to Facebook that the show's producers told him there will be two closed cases profiled first and the Skelton case will be the final and only open case presented during the show. He urged parental discretion in deciding whether younger children should watch the show based on the details of one of the closed cases.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: June 19, 2013, 08:03:35 AM »

Thank you for posting the article texasmom.  Let's hope the John Walsh segment brings that one little piece of information that can help investigators find the boys.   I feel a stab in my heart and an ache in my gut when I think of the three young Skelton brothers. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #451 on: July 08, 2013, 08:28:48 AM »

Thank you for posting the article texasmom.  Let's hope the John Walsh segment brings that one little piece of information that can help investigators find the boys.   I feel a stab in my heart and an ache in my gut when I think of the three young Skelton brothers. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: December 10, 2013, 11:11:30 PM »

http://www.thetimesherald.com/article/20131120/NEWS05/311200007/Case-three-missing-Skelton-boys-handed-over-Michigan-State-Police

Case of three missing Skelton boys handed over to Michigan State Police
Nov. 20, 2013

Michigan State Police took over the investigation of three missing Morenci boys — Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton — who disappeared nearly three years ago.

On Monday, Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks drove to Lansing and handed over the case files, said Detective 1st Lt. Sean Furlong of the State Police First District Special Investigation Section. Morenci police, along with the FBI, will continue to assist.

Furlong said the State Police, which has been involved since the investigation started, has more resources than a smaller department and that Weeks formally requested the change.

“It makes more sense for us to take the lead and spearhead this moving forward, just to make certain that the case doesn’t end up on a shelf somewhere or go cold,” he said.

The Skelton boys were in the care of their father, John Skelton, when they disappeared over the Thanksgiving holiday in 2010.

John Skelton, whose sons were 9, 7 and 5 when they went missing, is serving a 10- to 15-year sentence after pleading no contest last year to unlawful imprisonment in connection with the boys’ disappearance.

Tanya Zuvers, the boys’ mother, said this is a difficult time of year for her. Wednesday is Andrew’s 12th birthday, Alexander’s 10th birthday was earlier this month and Tanner’s eighth birthday was last month.

“I never know from day to day how things are going to affect me,” she said, adding she wants to know what happened to her children and whether they are ever coming home.

“I’m ready for the answer,” Zuvers said. “I just am tired of having to wait.”

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #453 on: December 12, 2014, 05:18:04 PM »

another year and no answers, this article someone ran across, and told me about
makes me wonder,did john give a half truth, or maybe what he thought was true,
 i never realized how easy it is to give your child away, no fuss no muss, if your
willing to go to and make it happen, im sure with a little effort, it can be done for
american born also.john was close enough to 2 states for easy no fuss give your child away

parts 2,3,4,5, links on this pg too
http://www.reuters.com/investigates/adoption/#article/part1

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #454 on: March 08, 2015, 03:39:56 PM »

this story and others ive read,really makes me wonder, if John did something
 like this unless LE has some type of evidence ofa crime in the car or home,they
might want to look at this type of situation with John

'Re-homed' by legislator, girl, 6, sexually assaulted
By Claudia Lauer , Doug Thompson , Spencer Willems
This article was published March 5, 2015 at 3:58 a.m.

No law prohibits a parent from leaving a child in the care of others.

A bill to prevent "re-homing" was filed Wednesday. Rep. Greg Leding, D-Fayetteville, filed House Bill 1648, which would prohibit transfers of adopted children to other families.
http://www.**/news/2015/mar/05/re-homed-by-legislator-girl-6-sexually-/

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #455 on: March 08, 2015, 03:42:44 PM »

i see the above is a blocked link, story and that link here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2983509/Why-Arkansas-State-Rep-Justin-Harris-GAVE-AWAY-adopted-daughter-six-sister-friend-raped-her.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: December 14, 2017, 10:17:06 PM »

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/michigan-state-police-investigate-possible-new-development-in-case-of-missing-skelton-brothers
Michigan State Police investigate possible new development in case of missing Skelton brothers
Michigan boys missing since 2010

December 14, 2017

Michigan State Police is requesting information from the Missoula, Montana Police Department after a box of human remains were discovered in a shed.

Michigan State Police is looking into a possible connection to three brothers who went missing from Morenci, Michigan more than seven years ago - Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton.

Missoula, Montana police found a box containing bones and teeth believed to be from three children back in September.

KECI in Montana reports the tenant of the rental property had been evicted the previous week. A cleaning crew found a box in a shed on the property that contained what was suspected to be human remains.

The Montana Crime Lab confirmed the remains were human. A University of Montana anthropology professor estimated the ages of the children to be 6-to-10 years old, 5-to-8 years old and 2-to-4 years old when they died.

Local 4's Sandra Ali is en route to Morenci, Michigan right now, gathering information for a live report on Local 4 News at 6 p.m.

The story of the missing Skelton brothers
For the better part of a decade, there have been more questions than answers in the disappearance of the three Skelton brothers.

The Skelton brothers have been missing from Morenci, Michigan, since 2010. Their father sits behind bars, and their mother holds out hope that her sons will be found alive.

It's been seven years since anyone has seen Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton. The three boys vanished from their home in Morenci.

On Nov. 26, 2010, the day after Thanksgiving, the boys' mother, Tanya Skelton, told Morenci police Officer Ryan Hillard that her husband, John Skelton, was supposed to bring the children back to her. But he never did.

An Amber Alert was issued, and the FBI came to town as massive searches spanning down through Ohio began.

The case is still open, meaning investigators are actively working to find the boys.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #457 on: December 15, 2017, 06:44:18 AM »

This is sad---but good news! I never believed they were alive. Justice must be served!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: December 15, 2017, 12:59:57 PM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-probe-whether-remains-of-three-children-found-in-box-are-long-missing-brothers/
Police probe whether remains of three children found in box are long-missing brothers
December 15, 2017

LANSING, Mich. — Michigan State Police are investigating whether the remains of three children found in a box behind a Montana home could be linked to the 2010 disappearance of three Michigan brothers. The bones and teeth of three children were found in September in a shed in Missoula, Montana.

An anthropologist estimated the children's ages to be 2-4 years old, 5-8 years old and 6-10 years old.

Tanner, Alexander and Andrew Skelton were 5, 7 and 9 when they were last seen at their father's Morenci, Michigan, home in November 2010. CBS Detroit reports that their father, John Skelton pleaded no contest to three counts of unlawful imprisonment in September 2011. He claimed he gave the boys to unknown individuals in an effort to keep the children out of harm's way. Claims that the mother was abusing the boys were not true, according to Tanya Skelton, who says she is heartbroken her boys were never found.

Michigan State Police Detective Lt. Jeremy Brewer tells WTVG-TV in Toledo, Ohio, the agency has requested more information from Montana police but the only current connection between the cases is the victims' approximate ages.

The Missoulian reports that Missoula police launched an investigation after a cleaning crew found the box containing the skeletal remains when the former tenant was evicted from the property. Police confirmed that information to CBS affiliate KPAX. 

Police documents say the Montana State Crime Lab verified the remains as human, and an anthropology professor at the University of Montana determined they were "likely modern and not archaeological."

Police obtained a search warrant for a potential homicide in late November, but no additional evidence was gathered. 

KECI-TV in Missoula reports the remains are undergoing DNA testing in Texas.

Police say nothing has been previously reported that would link the brothers to Montana.

John Skelton is currently serving 10-15 years at the Bellamy Creek Correctional Facility in Ionia, Mich.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: December 15, 2017, 03:41:37 PM »

This is sad---but good news! I never believed they were alive. Justice must be served!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.