March 28, 2024, 06:10:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #10 1/5/11 - 9/17/11  (Read 263586 times)
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #900 on: July 14, 2011, 04:30:09 PM »

So EvilE wants her trial moved?  Go ahead see if you cant' bring it to FL and get off scott free!  I'm so ashamed of the jury in my home state of FL!!!  Sorry EvilE but I don't think with your admitted participation you'll be getting out of jail before you die!  Doesn't really matter what part of NC you move it to.  Then again, I've kinda lost faith in some things!

Let's hope that if her trial gets moved to another county, the jury will have more brain cells than the Pinellas County jurors.
I've pretty much lost faith in the system.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #901 on: July 17, 2011, 09:16:35 PM »

I haven't read in Zahra's case in a LONG time.

Time to start catching up. 

(I only like participating in one case at a time, busy-busy here!)

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #902 on: July 18, 2011, 09:09:17 AM »

Adam Baker makes me sick!  He is as guilty as his psycho wife.  That call to 911 sickened me.  At what point in America will we start holding parents responsible for their job, parenting?   Children are still viewed as property not a responsibility.  Things need to change in our country, I have no reasonable doubt about that!
I agree -- he is just as guilty! What a sham!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: July 19, 2011, 01:48:46 AM »

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2011/jul/14/7/zara-baker-trial-preparations-begin-ar-1207577/

Trial preparations begin in death of Zahra Baker
Prosecution, defense plot steps leading up to Elisa Baker’s murder trial
By Richard Gould
Published: July 14, 2011
Updated: July 14, 2011 - 6:11 PM

NEWTON --
  Elisa Baker sat silently during Thursday’s administrative hearing in Catawba County’s Superior Court.

The woman accused of murdering and dismembering her 10-year-old stepdaughter, Zahra Baker and hiding the remains, sat with her chained hands folded on her lap while the judge, defense and prosecution discussed her charges and made sure everything is in order as her case moves toward trial.

Baker is facing nine felony charges, including second-degree murder and obstruction of justice. She’s facing more than 20 misdemeanor charges as well for crimes like passing bad checks and communicating threats. On top of that she’s facing seven federal drug charges for allegedly trafficking in prescription pain killers.

Several procedural matters were discussed at the hearing.

District Attorney Jay Gaither told Superior Court Judge Timothy Kincaid that he intends to try Baker on murder charges after her additional felony cases are concluded.

After the hearing, Gaither said that Baker committed her other crimes before she killed Zahra and she’ll be tried for them first. He did not address the fact that, according to state sentencing guidelines, Baker will do more prison time for a murder conviction if she already has prior felony convictions.

On Tuesday, Baker’s attorney, Scott Reilly, filed for a change of venue citing extensive media coverage leading up to Baker’s trial. During Thursday’s hearing, Kincaid announced that he would hear Reilly’s arguments about why the trial should be moved out of the Hickory area on Aug. 1.

::snipping2::
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: July 20, 2011, 10:19:56 AM »

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/07/20/2468165/zahra-baker-fund-at-halfway-point.html
July 20, 2011
Zahra Baker fund at halfway point

HICKORY -- A fund raising effort to build a park in memory of Zahra Baker has passed the halfway point, WBTV is reporting.

About $100,000 has been raised so far, including $10,000 which came from the Greater Hickory Golf Classic in June, according to WBTV. The park is in memory of the 10-year-old girl who disappeared last September. Her remains were found in November, and her stepmother has been charged with second-degree murder in the case.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/07/20/2468165/zahra-baker-fund-at-halfway-point.html#ixzz1Seg4QeAa

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #905 on: July 30, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »

Adam should be facing some charges as well.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #906 on: July 30, 2011, 04:55:22 PM »

That man lived in that house "after" the fact, ate, slept, showered, chit- and he didn't know ANYTHING?

Has he been granted immunity for testifying against EB?

Something isn't right. 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: July 30, 2011, 10:14:54 PM »

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2011/jul/30/3/park-provides-ideas-ar-1252847/

Tenn. park provides ideas for Zahra's all-children's playground
Hickory delegation makes one-day trip to Kingsport
By: Larry Clark
Published: July 30, 2011
Updated: July 30, 2011 - 3:15 PM

HICKORY --
Rudy Wright was bubbling over with excitement after visiting a children’s park in Kingsport, Tenn., Thursday.

The Hickory mayor was with a delegation of supporters for Zahra’s Playground, an all-children’s attraction planned for Kiwanis Park. Bill Wiggs, a representative of the Kiwanis clubs of Catawba County, sponsors of the playground, and Joyce Beard of the Hickory Parks and Recreation Commission, were among those who made the one-day visit.

“It is spectacular,” Wright said of Darrell’s Dream Boundless Playground, a playground at Warriors’ Path State Park near Kingsport. It’s an all-children’s playground, too, with an emphasis on serving youngsters at all levels of physical capability.

The Hickory delegation went there to get ideas for the Playground for Zahra and see how some equipment works.

Kiwanis Clubs involved in the project are Newton, Western Catawba, Hickory and Catawba County Golden K. The playground will be at 805 6th St., SE.

For more on Zahra’s Playground, go to www.playgroundforzahra.org.

Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #908 on: July 31, 2011, 10:48:06 AM »

I wanted to share this article

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/07/29/2489482/inmates-donate-to-zahra-baker.html#disqus_thread

They are still needing to raise 100,000 by September to reach their goal date, Wished I could hit the lottery.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #909 on: August 01, 2011, 06:15:06 AM »

Does anyone know if Elisa Baker is in general population or is she in solitary?

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #910 on: August 01, 2011, 03:50:29 PM »

http://www2.journalnow.com/news/2011/aug/01/15/elisa-baker-be-tried-outside-catawba-county-ar-1259869/

Elisa Baker will not be tried by a Catawba County jury
Judge Kincaid grants change-of-venue motion in murder case

Superior Court Judge Timothy Kincaid granted a motion filed by Baker attorney Scott Reilly, who claimed that “pretrial publicity in this case has been such that the entire county is ‘infected’ with prejudice.”

A new trial site is scheduled to be decided at a Sept. 12 hearing, although Kincaid suggested Dobson and Haywood counties as possibilities.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #911 on: August 02, 2011, 07:30:48 AM »

http://www2.journalnow.com/news/2011/aug/01/15/elisa-baker-be-tried-outside-catawba-county-ar-1259869/

Elisa Baker will not be tried by a Catawba County jury
Judge Kincaid grants change-of-venue motion in murder case

Superior Court Judge Timothy Kincaid granted a motion filed by Baker attorney Scott Reilly, who claimed that “pretrial publicity in this case has been such that the entire county is ‘infected’ with prejudice.”

A new trial site is scheduled to be decided at a Sept. 12 hearing, although Kincaid suggested Dobson and Haywood counties as possibilities.

I dont know where they could do this trial everyone in N.Carolina is so angry over this case so hope they have good luck in either of these places but I think they would have to go to the end of the world to get a fair trial but Zahra didnt get a fair trial before they killed and butchered her up.
No one can understand why AB isnt in jail at this time on these charges here.

When my son was a baby my mom baby sat for me, I was working a full and part time job plus going to school so I usually left the house like 6 in the morning and didnt get home til after 1 in the morning. But not a night went by that I didnt go to his nursery and make sure he was ok and covered up and dry. To this day I will still check to see if hes covered up or hes ok. I just dont buy AB not knowing his daughter wasnt in her bed.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #912 on: August 05, 2011, 12:18:39 AM »

http://www.wbtv.com/story/15213549/mcdonalds-joins-fundraiser-for-zahras-playground

McDonald's joins fundraiser for Zahra's playground
Posted: Aug 04, 2011 7:02 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 04, 2011 7:05 PM CDT
By Steve Ohnesorge, Western Bureau Reporter

Two checks totaling $25,000 was handed to Kiwanis officials by John Link, the owner of the McDonald's restaurant on highway 321 in Hickory.

The donation comes from the Ronald McDonald charities. "It's a perfect fit for the money to go to," said Link.

In addition to the donation, all eight McDonald's restaurants in Hickory will also donate 10 cents from every Happy Meal purchase during the month of August.

More than $125,000 has been raised so far. Hickory Mayor Rudy Wright said more fundraising events are planned over the next few weeks.

Kiwanis officials hope to have all the money raised by the end of September. "Sometime in the first part of October we will break ground and hopefully have the playground finished in November," said Steve Aaron of Kiwanis.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #913 on: August 10, 2011, 02:00:35 PM »

http://statesville.wbtv.com/news/crime/65749-zahra-baker-murder-trial-moves-iredell-county
Zahra Baker murder trial moves to Iredell County
Submitted by Alison Hill, Community Web Producer
Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, 12:12pm

STATESVILLE - Nearly two weeks after a judge granted a change of venue in the trial of a woman charged in the death of her 10-year-old disabled stepdaughter, the Western District Court of North Carolina has confirmed the trial will move to Statesville.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: August 10, 2011, 10:27:49 PM »

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/10/2518062/judge-postpones-drug-trafficking.html

Judge delays Elisa Baker's drug trial
By Franco Ordoñez
fordonez@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Wednesday, Aug. 10, 2011

A federal judge has agreed to postpone the drug trafficking case against Elisa Baker, who has also been charged with second-degree murder of her 10-year-old stepdaughter, Zahra. A new hearing date has been scheduled for Nov. 7 on the federal charges that include possession and distribution of prescription drugs.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/10/2518062/judge-postpones-drug-trafficking.html#ixzz1UgQ3ZrkW
Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #915 on: August 11, 2011, 08:57:47 AM »

Some how we need to get DSS to open their eyes and start caring what happens to our children, when will our children start having rights ... I am getting so sick of lazy social workers who are scared to open a can of worms.

Comment and analysis on all things Charlotte
| More
DSS: When a Child Dies, We Try Not to Penalize Anyone for Their Mistakes. It’s More of a “Lessons Learned” Situation.
Posted August 8th, 2011 at 11:56 AM by Tara Servatius

So begins the usual DSS shuffle after the death of a child they had had multiple child abuse reports on.

It’s the usual … “did not fail Addison Grace Lanham…”, “attempting to locate her and she was attempting not to be found…” hocus-pocus except that Gaston County Commissioner Tom Keigher is actually asking state legislators in Raleigh who are buzzing about the Lanham case — good for them — to shut up.

http://charlotte.johnlocke.org/blog/?p=12878
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #916 on: August 17, 2011, 03:53:55 PM »

That man lived in that house "after" the fact, ate, slept, showered, chit- and he didn't know ANYTHING?

Something isn't right. 

That's what get's me.  I am totally baffled at his lack of knowledge or curiosity of where his daughter was and how the heck did LB go about dismembering a body, even if he was work, without leaving SOME kind of evidence.  Not to be morbid, but that would leave ALOT of blood.  I just don't get it!?!?

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #917 on: August 17, 2011, 04:53:20 PM »

Something isn't right. 

That's what get's me.  I am totally baffled at his lack of knowledge or curiosity of where his daughter was and how the heck did LB go about dismembering a body, even if he was work, without leaving SOME kind of evidence.  Not to be morbid, but that would leave ALOT of blood.  I just don't get it!?!?
It absolutely makes no sense that he didn't know what was going on.  Where is the accountability -- after all, he was the father and not some stranger.  Those weeks when she was missing, where the he77 did he think she was . . . he is just as responsible for poor Zahra's death and the beotch.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #918 on: August 28, 2011, 12:36:46 PM »

A good article about the case that Assistant District Attorney Michael Van Buren prosecuted.  He is a key member of the prosecution team in the Zahra murder case.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2011/aug/26/rapist-gets-sentenced-35-years-prison-ar-1334768/

Rapist gets sentenced to 35 years in prison
By: Richard Gould
Published: August 26, 2011

In the lead up to the trial, Van Buren told the victim what to expect when she testified. He also tried to prepare her for the possibility that Whisenant would be found not guilty and be set free.

She took the stand and did well.

“She was poised – calm the whole time – she had a lot of dignity, which was extremely impressive for a young girl,” Van Buren said.

Sixteen witnesses testified during the trial. Of those, six were expert witnesses.

“It was exhaustive – it was like a murder case,” Van Buren said. “It was a collaborative effort – we had assistance from the (Catawba County) Sheriff’s Department, the Children’s Advocacy Center and the Department of Social Services.”

The reason for the extensive collaboration and the number of witnesses called was because it was necessary to do more than prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt. It was also necessary to educate the jury on the little-known facts about evidence while countering long-held but false beliefs about sex assault cases, Van Buren said.

The District Attorney’s Office was very happy that Whisenant is facing decades behind bars.

“Michael Van Buren and Sgt. David Eckard of the Catawba County Sheriff’s Office did a great job prosecuting the case and gathering evidence in collaboration with the Children’s Advocacy Center and Catawba County’s Department of Social Services,” said Assistant District Attorney Clifton Smith on behalf of the DA’s office. “The DA’s office is committed to using all available resources to protect children from sex offenders.”

Smith also praised the jurors for their patience and willingness to listen to all evidence presented.

Van Buren has several sex offense and murder cases coming up on the court calendar.

He is also a key member of the prosecution team in the Zahra Baker murder case.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #919 on: September 05, 2011, 01:58:00 AM »

http://www.sheliashow.com/

click on the link to the left with Zahra's name on it..
This will inform you a little more about Zahra's foundation and what it does...
Thanks!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.