March 29, 2024, 08:04:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #10 1/5/11 - 9/17/11  (Read 263652 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #680 on: February 22, 2011, 04:21:20 PM »

OMG - may have already been posted

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/21/stepmother-indicted-death-disabled-north-carolina-girl/?test=latestnews

Stepmom Indicted in Death of N.C. Girl as Autopsy Reveals Her Head Is Still Missing

Published February 21, 2011

I know, Klaas and it makes me shudder.    I can't get the Halloween picture of the house out of my mind. There was a skull prominently displayed on the porch.

WHAT!!!

I never saw that picture is it posted on SM

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #681 on: February 22, 2011, 04:31:20 PM »

Does anyone know when she got the hearing aide? Is this the last pic of her?
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: February 22, 2011, 04:56:38 PM »

Does anyone know when she got the hearing aide? Is this the last pic of her?

May, 2010

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/12/1757005/relative-zahra-baker-had-horrible.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #683 on: February 22, 2011, 04:58:22 PM »

OK it was a Halloween decoration right.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: February 22, 2011, 05:09:27 PM »

OMG - may have already been posted

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/21/stepmother-indicted-death-disabled-north-carolina-girl/?test=latestnews

Stepmom Indicted in Death of N.C. Girl as Autopsy Reveals Her Head Is Still Missing

Published February 21, 2011

I know, Klaas and it makes me shudder.    I can't get the Halloween picture of the house out of my mind. There was a skull prominently displayed on the porch.

WHAT!!!

I never saw that picture is it posted on SM

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: February 22, 2011, 05:10:10 PM »

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #686 on: February 22, 2011, 08:57:07 PM »

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/26958934/detail.html

Zahra Baker Case To Be Reviewed By State
Once the Zahra Baker case is closed, it will be put under scrutiny by local and state review teams.
State law says that any time Social Services is involved with a family and that child dies within one year, there's an intensive review to see if the death could have been prevented. The investigation will begin locally with all the key players, including Zahra's schools, DSS offices, emergency responders and the district attorney. Their findings will then be passed on to a state review team

::snipping2::

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #687 on: February 22, 2011, 09:02:04 PM »

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Elisa-Bakers-Aunt-Says-Adam-Baker-Should-Face-Chargest-Too-116684979.html

Elisa Baker's aunt says Adam Baker should face charges

by RAD BERKY / NewsChannel 36
Bio | Email| Follow: @RadBerkywcnc
WCNC.com
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 5:17 PM

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. -- Elisa Baker’s aunt says that if Elisa is going to be charged in the death of Zahra Baker then Zahra's father, Adam Baker should be charged too.

Concetta Winkler spoke one day after Elisa was indicted by a grand jury on a second-degree murder charge in connection with the death of 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

Adam was not charged and investigators say the only credible evidence led them to believe that Elisa acted alone.

Winkler, who has visited Elisa at the Catawba County Jail has said that Elisa told her Zahra died of natural causes and that Adam dismembered the body.

2 4 1
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #688 on: February 22, 2011, 09:16:56 PM »

Finally, relief for heartbroken mum

* Clementine Cuneo and Paul Toohey
    * February 23, 2011 12:00AM

EMILY Dietrich was woken early yesterday with a call from police to say her daughter Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, had been charged with the young girl's murder.

"I felt like I'd won lotto. I had this smile on my face that nothing was going to wipe away," Ms Dietrich said.

It was the news the Wagga Wagga woman had been waiting for since she learned of the brutal death of her cancer-stricken daughter in November last year.

"I was just relieved to hear that someone's finally going to have to pay for what happened to her (Zahra)," she said.

But that elation quickly turned to horror when Ms Dietrich started reading her daughter's torturous autopsy report, which she found online.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/finally-relief-for-heartbroken-mum/story-fn6bfmgc-1226010341169

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #689 on: February 22, 2011, 09:26:07 PM »

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Elisa-Bakers-Aunt-Says-Adam-Baker-Should-Face-Chargest-Too-116684979.html

WCNC.com

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. -- Elisa Baker’s aunt says that if Elisa is going to be charged in the death of Zahra Baker then Zahra's father, Adam Baker should be charged too.

Concetta Winkler spoke one day after Elisa was indicted by a grand jury on a second-degree murder charge in connection with the death of 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

Adam was not charged and investigators say the only credible evidence led them to believe that Elisa acted alone.

Winkler, who has visited Elisa at the Catawba County Jail has said that Elisa told her Zahra died of natural causes and that Adam dismembered the body.

Tough tiddlywinks, Concetta. For the moment, the cheese stands alone.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #690 on: February 22, 2011, 09:59:50 PM »

Finally, relief for heartbroken mum

* Clementine Cuneo and Paul Toohey

EMILY Dietrich was woken early yesterday with a call from police to say her daughter Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, had been charged with the young girl's murder.

"I felt like I'd won lotto. I had this smile on my face that nothing was going to wipe away," Ms Dietrich said.

It was the news the Wagga Wagga woman had been waiting for since she learned of the brutal death of her cancer-stricken daughter in November last year.

"I was just relieved to hear that someone's finally going to have to pay for what happened to her (Zahra)," she said.

But that elation quickly turned to horror when Ms Dietrich started reading her daughter's torturous autopsy report, which she found online.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/finally-relief-for-heartbroken-mum/story-fn6bfmgc-1226010341169
OMG  Tibro...I am heartbroken that Emily had to read the autopsy report online. Someone should have informed her of the results privately to answer questions. Just unbelievable.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #691 on: February 22, 2011, 09:59:59 PM »

Many adults failed 10-year-old Zahra Baker

But stepmom's arrest holds someone accountable in death.
Posted: Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2011

Monday's murder charges against Zahra Baker's stepmother mean someone is finally being held accountable in her death. Good. If Elisa Baker is guilty of the horror that law enforcers say was inflicted on the cherubic 10-year-old - her body was dismembered and body parts scattered and buried - she deserves the harshest punishment allowed. The indictment against Baker says she had "a history and pattern of physical, verbal and psychological abuse of the victim."

But when a 10-year-old dies after repeated complaints of mistreatment and abuse, a broader adult failure is apparent. Children rightly rely on adults to keep them safe from such treatment - or to provide timely and adequate help when we can't. In Zahra's case, adults failed. Now, with an autopsy labeling her death of "undetermined homicidal violence," adults must figure out why. How could Zahra Baker end up dead, especially when adults knew or suspected she was abused?

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/02/22/2083578/many-adults-failed-10-year-old.html#ixzz1EkN7uodt

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #692 on: February 22, 2011, 10:06:57 PM »

OMG  Tibro...I am heartbroken that Emily had to read the autopsy report online. Someone should have informed her of the results privately to answer questions. Just unbelievable.

It did not say in the TV news clip that I watched, but I do hope the Channel 7 journalist that was speaking to her was also there when she read the reports for the first time.  In the news clip she was pointing out to him the diagrams on the screen then abruptly closed and almost threw the laptop to one side and covered her face with her hands.

Gut wrenching to watch.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #693 on: February 22, 2011, 10:10:24 PM »

Zahra Baker's family wants her laid to rest in Wagga

BY PATRICK WOOD
23 Feb, 2011 01:00 AM

The family of Zahra Baker is prepared to fight to have the murdered girl's remains returned to Wagga and buried where she was born.

Zahra's great-uncle, Darryl Ross, yesterday said it would be "over his dead body" that his great-niece be put to rest in the US or near the family of her father, Adam Baker.

Mr Baker took custody of Zahra after her birth mother, Emily Dietrich, was diagnosed with post-partem depression.

A decade of custody battles has followed but Mr Ross said his family was committed to a Wagga burial.

"The family will definitely step in. She'll be buried in Wagga where she belongs, with her family that loved her," he said.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/zahra-bakers-family-wants-her-laid-to-rest-in-wagga/2084556.aspx

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #694 on: February 22, 2011, 10:13:08 PM »

Body Language Clues From Zahra Baker's Father

Sierra Moore    Created:  2/22/2011 6:26:06 PM  Updated: 2/22/2011 7:18:37 PM

Greensboro, NC -- In a case that seems to get more bizarre by the day, we're finding out what Zahra Baker's father is and isn't telling us about his daughter's death.

Monday, his Elisa Baker was charged with second degree murder in Zahra's death. Our news partner WBTV in Charlotte got an exclusive interview with Zahra's father, Adam Baker, after he heard the news. In it, Baker said he jumped for joy when he heard Elisa was indicted. He also claimed Elisa verbally and emotionally abused him during their marriage.

We know the words he said, but we wanted to know what his body language was telling us about him. We showed the video to body language expert Patti Wood. She saw what some people couldn't.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=162510&catid=57

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #695 on: February 22, 2011, 10:24:33 PM »

The case of Zahra Baker beyond belief

* Paul Toohey

IT SEEMS beyond belief. Adam Baker’s 10-year-old daughter, Zahra, was a cancer sufferer in need of constant care. How could she just go missing from her father’s notice for 15 days?

Police believe Adam’s wife, Elisa Baker, murdered Zahra on September 25 last year and scattered her remains in bins and woodlands outside of the town of Hickory, North Carolina.

Yet it was not until October 9 that Adam Baker noticed that Zahra was no longer in his life. He decided to call the police.

Elisa Baker, 44, has been charged with second degree murder and faces up to 30 years in prison. The manner in which Zahra died has not been revealed.

Adam Baker, 33, told a local television station yesterday that he had been working long hours at his mulching job and was leaving for work and coming home when Zahra was in bed.

Mr Baker’s mother, Karen, 53, of Newcastle, has been in North Carolina with her son since her granddaughter’s partial remains were discovered in October. Yesterday, she backed up Adam’s story.

“Adam was working long hours,” she told News Ltd from the apartment where she is staying with Adam, just out of Hickory.

“He would go into Zahra’s room and she (Elisa) had made up the bed to make it look like she was in bed asleep.”

She agreed it sounded hard to believe.  “Honestly, I don’t have all the answers,” she said. “He doesn’t either. I know it’s very hard to understand. A lot of it is still not to be talked about, because we have a trial coming up and there’s nothing we will do to damage that.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/the-case-of-zahra-baker-beyond-belief/story-fn6b3v4f-1226010270205

starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #696 on: February 23, 2011, 02:42:11 AM »

WCNC.com

Tough tiddlywinks, Concetta. For the moment, the cheese stands alone.

I have to say that one of the few things that makes me truly happy about EB being charged solely - is the HORROR she must feel in that she's going to be doing it alone.  Ohhhhh yes, that does make me smile.  Eat it, EB!
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #697 on: February 24, 2011, 12:35:33 PM »

A tweet from Rad Berkey WCNC

Lisa Dubs who was Elisa Baker's lawyer says she did her job because Baker will not face a death sentence if convicted

I ask Dubs if she knows how Zahra really died. Her answer at 4 @wcnctv.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #698 on: February 24, 2011, 12:47:07 PM »

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14087686

Elisa Baker arraigned, Adam Baker leaves town

By Steve Ohnesorge - bio l email

Newton, NC (WBTV) - Elisa Baker was arraigned Tuesday on an indictment for second degree murder in the death of her stepdaughter Zahra.

Baker was scheduled to be in court for the matter on Friday but officials in the Clerk of Courts Office moved up the matter for procedural reasons.

Meanwhile, Adam Baker, who has not been charged in the Zahra case, left town overnight. Sources told WBTV news Adam and his mother have gone out of state temporarily because they were being harassed.

A number of people have expressed feelings that they thought Adam should have been charged along with Elisa in the death of 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

District Attorney James C. Gaither announced Monday that there was "no credible evidence" to charge anyone other than Elisa Baker. Police were informed of Adam Baker's travel plans.

2 4 1
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #699 on: February 24, 2011, 12:49:18 PM »

O
M
G.
You have GOT to be kidding me.
They better have tabs on his arse.
This in insanity at it's finest.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.