March 28, 2024, 04:12:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #10 1/5/11 - 9/17/11  (Read 263578 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #940 on: September 15, 2011, 12:47:39 PM »

Emily came over from Australia to attend. Bless her heart.

Court is in recess until 2 PM.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #941 on: September 15, 2011, 01:00:21 PM »

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #942 on: September 15, 2011, 01:31:13 PM »

hi Brandi beautiful pic,
i still think adam,should at least have a child endangering,or neglect
charge,and aiding and abetting,a crime murder

video
Elisa Baker pleads guilty to murder

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/crime/2011/09/15/sot-elisa-baker-trial.wcnc.html

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/crime/2011/09/15/sot-elisa-baker-trial.wcnc

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #943 on: September 15, 2011, 02:43:54 PM »

BakerUpdates NewsChannel 36

Judge accepts plea deal. Elisa Baker to be in jail 177-222 months.

http://twitter.com/#!/BakerUpdates

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #944 on: September 15, 2011, 02:44:21 PM »

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20110915/US.Disabled.Girl.Killed/

NC stepmom pleads guilty in disabled girl's murder

::snipping2::

A North Carolina woman pleaded guilty Thursday to murdering her disabled 10-year-old stepdaughter, nearly a year after freckle-faced Zahra Baker's disappearance and death shocked communities here and in her native Australia.

Elisa Baker, 43, entered the courtroom wearing a hot-pink jail jumpsuit and handcuffs. She sat between two defense attorneys and teared up before pleading guilty to second-degree murder, with aggravating factors that included desecrating the body of Zahra Baker, who wore a prosthetic leg and hearing aids after a struggle with bone cancer.

Elisa Baker also pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice in the case, and to charges unrelated to Zahra's death, including obtaining property by false pretenses and financial identity fraud.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: September 15, 2011, 02:44:46 PM »

hi Brandi beautiful pic,
i still think adam,should at least have a child endangering,or neglect
charge,and aiding and abetting,a crime murder

video
Elisa Baker pleads guilty to murder

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/crime/2011/09/15/sot-elisa-baker-trial.wcnc.html

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/crime/2011/09/15/sot-elisa-baker-trial.wcnc

Hey cw ... I agree.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: September 15, 2011, 02:47:19 PM »

an angelic monkey  Rest in Peace, Zahra  an angelic monkey

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #947 on: September 15, 2011, 02:48:09 PM »

Am I mistaken..I think we still do not know how the monster murdered this child?

I thought most plea deals included not only admitting guilt but admitting how you did the crime and where the rest of her remains would be...And I think that is a really short sentence for a monster that murdered a helpless child and then dismembered her and ran around the countryside like a ghoul disposing of body parts....I mean does this judge believe any amount of time will rehabilitate this monster?  She should be locked away for life.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #948 on: September 15, 2011, 02:49:39 PM »

Am I mistaken..I think we still do not know how the monster murdered this child?

I thought most plea deals included not only admitting guilt but admitting how you did the crime and where the rest of her remains would be...And I think that is a really short sentence for a monster that murdered a helpless child and then dismembered her and ran around the countryside like a ghoul disposing of body parts....I mean does this judge believe any amount of time will rehabilitate this monster?  She should be locked away for life.

ITA

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: September 15, 2011, 02:59:40 PM »

Team Zahra thank you speech.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: September 15, 2011, 03:01:55 PM »

I agree; a short sentence. But probably dictated by law.

She also faces other charges not related to Zahra, so hopefully she will get heavy sentences on those.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: September 15, 2011, 03:03:25 PM »

I agree; a short sentence. But probably dictated by law.

She also faces other charges not related to Zahra, so hopefully she will get heavy sentences on those.

The DA is discussing the plea agreement now: http://www.wcnc.com/live-stream/Live-video-Elisa-Baker-plea-hearing-129874748.html

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: September 15, 2011, 03:14:31 PM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: September 15, 2011, 03:49:56 PM »

Thank you, Brandi, for the pictures from court and the information that you provided--and the beautiful picture of Zahra!        

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: September 15, 2011, 04:03:31 PM »

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44534384/ns/today-today_news/t/stepmom-gets-years-disabled-girls-murder/

Stepmom gets up to 18 years in disabled girl's murder
Australia native Zahra Baker, cancer survivor, disappeared from her N.C. home a year ago

NEWTON, N.C. — A woman was sentenced to up to 18 years after pleading guilty Thursday to murdering her disabled 10-year-old stepdaughter, nearly a year after freckle-faced Zahra Baker's disappearance and death shocked communities here and in her native Australia.

Elisa Baker, 43, entered the courtroom wearing a pink jail jumpsuit and handcuffs. She sat between two defense attorneys and teared up before pleading guilty to second-degree murder, with aggravating factors that included desecrating the body of Zahra Baker, who wore a prosthetic leg and hearing aids after a struggle with bone cancer.

Elisa Baker also pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice in the case, and to charges unrelated to Zahra's death, including obtaining property by false pretenses and financial identity fraud.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #955 on: September 15, 2011, 04:31:54 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Adam Baker says justice not served in Zahra's murder

Updated: Thursday, September 15 2011. 4:02 PM EDT.
The father of a girl who was murdered nearly a year ago says justice was not served against her stepmother who pleaded guilty to the crime in court Thursday morning.More >>
http://www.wistv.com/story/15472441/grieving-father-talks-about-stepmother-who-murdered-zahra

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #956 on: September 15, 2011, 04:34:14 PM »

Many new details of Zahra's death revealed in Elisa Baker's plea

http://www.wistv.com/story/15470251/grisly-details-revealed-in-elisa-bakers-plea-deal

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: September 15, 2011, 05:11:45 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-stepmom-elisa-baker-pleads-guilty-murder/story?id=14527211

Zahra Baker's Parents Plead With Elisa Baker for Girl's Skull
By JESSICA HOPPER (@jesshop23)
Sept. 15, 2011

The biological parents of Zahra Baker begged Elisa Baker, the stepmother who pleaded guilty to killing and dismembering the disabled North Carolina girl, to tell them the location of the rest of Zahra's remains.

"I feel there will be no real justice for Zahra," said Emily Deitrich, the girl's biological mother who traveled from Australia to see Elisa Baker's sentencing. "Her life was taken by an evil selfishness … Part of Zahra is still out there... What I truly want to see is Zahra be given the dignity and respect she deserves."

"If at any time you actually cared for Zahra, please tell us where we can find any more of Zahra's remains so she can be laid to rest," said Zahra's father and Elisa Baker's husband, Adam Baker.

Elisa Baker, 43, was sentenced today to between 14 and 18 years in prison after pleading guilty to second degree murder. She was charged with 10-year-old Zahra's murder in February. She also pleaded guilty to charges of obstruction of justice, bigamy, obtaining property under false pretenses and identity theft.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: September 15, 2011, 05:24:52 PM »

I don't care if this monster can be rehabilitated.  The scales of justice must balance and ... in the Zahra Clare Baker case the scales did not balance.  Zahra was betrayed by the system.  IMO.

Why did Adam Baker get a pass?  His lying words in the 911 call implies he was attempting to protect his wife ... attempting to obstruct justice.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: September 15, 2011, 06:27:35 PM »

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/5635933/Zahras-stepmum-sentenced-for-murder
Zahra's stepmum sentenced for murder
Last updated 09:58 16/09/201

DEATH CHARGE: The stepmother of Australian girl Zahra Baker has admitted to murdering her.
The stepmother of Australian girl Zahra Baker has been sentenced to up to 18 years in prison for the murder of the 10-year-old.

After hours of sometimes emotional witness testimony following her plea, Baker was sentenced to between roughly 15 and 18 years.

Elisa Baker, 43, entered a courtroom in North Carolina wearing a hot-pink jail jumpsuit and handcuffs.

Sitting  between two defence lawyers, she broke into tears before pleading guilty to second-degree murder, with aggravating factors that included desecrating Zahra's body.

Baker also pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, and to charges unrelated to Zahra, including obtaining property by false pretences and financial identity fraud.

Adam Baker, Zahra's father and Elisa's husband, was present in the courtroom in Newton.

Zahra's death was caused by ''undetermined homicidal violence'', medical examiners said in documents.

An autopsy was done even though authorities hadn't recovered many bones, most notably the girl's skull, months after she was reported missing. Several bones showed cutting tool marks consistent with dismemberment.

The case revealed  Baker as a woman with a troubled past, constantly shifting addresses and staying one step ahead of bill collectors and social service agencies investigating reports of child abuse.

She had been married seven times, including several overlapping marriages.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.