March 28, 2024, 02:38:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #10 1/5/11 - 9/17/11  (Read 263527 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #960 on: September 15, 2011, 07:22:16 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/ZahraBakerUpdates

Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #961 on: September 15, 2011, 09:11:18 PM »

No wonder here in NC its been cloudy and raining today

I just can not get over the fact that she will only get up to 18 yrs for killing Zahra and Adam will walk free

Something is stinking here in NC as bad as it is in Florida.

This world is going to hell in a hand basket.
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #962 on: September 15, 2011, 09:14:48 PM »

MOO

Justice is NOT being given to murdered children.  Without actual research to back up my statement, I am inclined to believe that people given life or long sentences for the murder of children is rare. I believe we as a society see children as less important than the adults that abuse, molest and/or murder them.

For me, this is just another travesty of justice....

Terri
Ohio 
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #963 on: September 15, 2011, 09:16:24 PM »

I just can not get over the fact that she will only get up to 18 yrs for killing Zahra and Adam will walk free

But if she was texting Adam in October as if Zhara was still alive, he most not have been involved.  Am I missing something?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #964 on: September 15, 2011, 09:23:29 PM »

what ever happened to life in prison for murdering someone? especially an innocent child who can not fight back? makes me sick how all these criminals are coddled..there is no deterring murder nowadays! kill someone and you either go scott free or you get a few years..get out earlier on good behavior..unreal..

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #965 on: September 15, 2011, 09:24:47 PM »

But if she was texting Adam in October as if Zhara was still alive, he most not have been involved.  Am I missing something?

does Casey Anthony and all of her pretending and lies about Caylee come to mind? sickos, both of these women...

Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #966 on: September 15, 2011, 09:38:03 PM »

Adam lived in the house the house was about 900 square feet he claims he did not see Zahra for 2 weeks prior to reporting her missing his excuse was he worked late and Zahra was in her room and in bed when he came home.

When my son was a baby I worked and got home around 3 am the very first thing I did when I walked in my door was go to his baby bed and make sure he was covered up. The few times he was not in his crib I went into my den where my mom was sleeping in a rocking chair with my son in her arms. But you better believe I didnt take it for granted that he was there cause there was a lump in his bed
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #967 on: September 15, 2011, 09:40:49 PM »

all true Jazzy...Most parents would look in to the child's bedroom while the child was sleeping. especially if that parent had not seen the child while the child was awake...
Adam is involved too if you ask me..he knows more and perhaps he thinks that he has gotten away with 'murder' since step mom was found guilty...hopefully some charges will come his way too...

Jazzy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #968 on: September 15, 2011, 09:49:26 PM »

You know I have to pray to god to forgive me for my feelings towards these scum bags. I can not call them humans nor can I call them animals cause I own dogs that are more compassionate then these scums are.

I just know when judgement day comes I would not want to be in none of their shoes, Im wondering if the DA got scared that she might walk like Casey did if it went to trial with jury? Especially since both girls when found were nothing but bones.

As for Emily my heart breaks for her but I really dont see her as a steady mother after she stuck up for Adam saying she just could not believe he would ever do anything like this, and she didnt believe he did.

Drugs and Alchol will change any person into people you do not know
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #969 on: September 15, 2011, 11:22:14 PM »

http://wcmessenger.com/update/

In comparison:  Where and what is justice?  This is from my little county here in TEXAS, I just don't see how they could give that dog less than 20 years and here a car chase with no injuries  ----- 99 years??????

Thursday, September 15, 2011

MAN SENTENCED TO 99 YEARS – A Wise County jury handed John T. Josey, 47, of Rogers a 99-year prison sentence Wednesday afternoon for charges stemming from a police chase on July 4, 2010. Josey was charged with evading arrest and use of a deadly weapon after he led state troopers on a four or five mile chase on Farm Road 730 south of Boyd after he refused to pull over for speeding. The prosecution showed video evidence of Josey using his pickup, which was toting a 30-foot boat at the time, and attempting to swerve into and ram a state trooper’s patrol vehicle.

::snipping2::
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #970 on: September 16, 2011, 04:25:43 AM »

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/world/10270825/us-stepmum-pleads-guilty-to-zahras-death/

Zahra step mum sentenced to 15 years

AAP September 16, 2011, 2:44 pm

Nearly a year after 10-year-old Australian Zahra Baker's remains were found among piles of dead animals in North Carolina's rural Caldwell County, her American stepmother pleaded guilty to her murder.

Elisa Baker, 43, was sentenced to 15 to 18 years in prison by Judge Timothy Kincaid on Thursday after he heard several hours of testimony from investigators, followed by emotional statements from the Zahra's parents.

The hearing opened on Thursday morning at the Catawba County Courthouse with Baker and her lawyer, Scott Reilly, entering a guilty plea, as part of a deal with prosecutors

Baker pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, aggravated by her admissions that she abused Zahra and tried to throw investigators off her path. Elisa Baker also pleaded guilty to six minor charges.

The most emotional moments came in the afternoon, when Australian Emily Dietrich, Zahra Baker's biological mother, and Adam Baker, the girl's Australian father, made statements to the court.

Dietrich, who travelled from Australia, where she gave birth to Zahra and where the young girl spent the first eight years of her life, said her daughter's death had "traumatised my family to the point of ripping it apart".

"We are trying to understand how such horrible things can happen to beautiful people," she said.

"I wonder if Zahra is at peace. Is she cold, or is she somewhere the sun always shines? Is she wet, or does she feel the warmth of swimming through a wonderful dream?"

Elisa Baker's story was that she had found Zahra dead in her bed. She and Adam concluded they couldn't report it to authorities because Adam Baker is undocumented. Adam Baker told his wife he "would take care of it" and seemed to cut up the girl's body in a bathroom, his wife told police. He told his wife he needed her help in finding places to dispose of the body, she said.

The child's head, right arm, right leg and upper left leg were never recovered.

"It's a fair statement to say that we would not have been at those sites without the information that Elisa Baker shared," Hickory Police Lieutenant Bobby Grace testified.

But investigators say mobile phone records cast doubts on parts of Elisa Baker's story.
The case attracted worldwide attention, as authorities searched several times in October and early November - initially, trying to find the young girl, and then looking for her remains.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #971 on: September 16, 2011, 02:17:38 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #972 on: September 16, 2011, 03:06:37 PM »

http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Statement-from-Emily-during-Elisa-Baker-hearing-129903558.html

Statement from Emily Dietrich during Elisa Baker hearing
Posted on September 15, 2011 at 3:40 PM

"What exactly am I meant to speak about?  The constant pain guilt and regret I have lived with for letting depression take me over to the point of feeling it best for Zahra to live with her father as I was in no fit state to keep her safe?"

"I choose to read something I wrote on October 30, 2010:  I still wonder if Zahra is finally at peace and if she knows that she was is and will always be loved by those of us who were for many reasons not in her immediate life."

"Looking out at the pouring rain over the hills, feeling and hearing the rumble of thunder I wonder is she cold or is she wet or is she somewhere that she will only feel the warmth of the sun? Is she damp or is she never (pause).  Is she damp or will she only feel the wet as she swims through the warm waters of her dreams? Is she tired or will she never feel the need to rest after a long day? Is she feeling hunger pain or will she forever feel satisfied?  Is she scared and alone or will she never feel for security comfort and companionship? All these things I have only ever wanted to protect her from, but was not able. My only hope now is that she is in a place where she will no longer feel the pain for mortality. When she can rest and no longer have the need to be so courageous. I hope she is in a place where she can feel my love and the immense love she has drawn out from people all across our planet."

While today we sit here in this courtroom to see justice be carried out, I feel there will be no real justice for Zahra.  Her life was taken by an evil selfishness that none of us will ever understand or comprehend."

"While part of Zahra is still out there, this will never be over for us. What I truly want to see is for Zahra to be given the dignity and respect she deserves by finally being able to lay her to rest, let her be in peace in a manner that she truly does deserve."
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #973 on: September 16, 2011, 03:31:21 PM »

http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-baker/Statement-from-Emily-during-Elisa-Baker-hearing-129903558.html

Statement from Emily Dietrich during Elisa Baker hearing
Posted on September 15, 2011 at 3:40 PM

"What exactly am I meant to speak about?  The constant pain guilt and regret I have lived with for letting depression take me over to the point of feeling it best for Zahra to live with her father as I was in no fit state to keep her safe?"

"I choose to read something I wrote on October 30, 2010:  I still wonder if Zahra is finally at peace and if she knows that she was is and will always be loved by those of us who were for many reasons not in her immediate life."

"Looking out at the pouring rain over the hills, feeling and hearing the rumble of thunder I wonder is she cold or is she wet or is she somewhere that she will only feel the warmth of the sun? Is she damp or is she never (pause).  Is she damp or will she only feel the wet as she swims through the warm waters of her dreams? Is she tired or will she never feel the need to rest after a long day? Is she feeling hunger pain or will she forever feel satisfied?  Is she scared and alone or will she never feel for security comfort and companionship? All these things I have only ever wanted to protect her from, but was not able. My only hope now is that she is in a place where she will no longer feel the pain for mortality. When she can rest and no longer have the need to be so courageous. I hope she is in a place where she can feel my love and the immense love she has drawn out from people all across our planet."

While today we sit here in this courtroom to see justice be carried out, I feel there will be no real justice for Zahra.  Her life was taken by an evil selfishness that none of us will ever understand or comprehend."

"While part of Zahra is still out there, this will never be over for us. What I truly want to see is for Zahra to be given the dignity and respect she deserves by finally being able to lay her to rest, let her be in peace in a manner that she truly does deserve."

Heartbreaking.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: September 16, 2011, 03:43:21 PM »

Included are explanations of the investigation by investigators and prosecutor.

http://www2.mooresvilletribune.com/news/2011/sep/15/37/elisa-baker-pleads-guilty-serve-14-18-years-ar-1394327/

Adam to Elisa Baker: You filled her life with lies
Elisa Baker to serve 14-18 years; police say Adam not involved in death of Zahra
By: Sarah Newell williamson
Published: September 15, 2011
Updated: September 15, 2011 - 9:14 PM

NEWTON --

Emotions were palpable in court Thursday as Elisa Baker pleaded guilty to killing her stepdaughter, Zahra. Baker’s husband, Adam, said he would never forgive Elisa for taking away his daughter.

“Elisa, I trusted you with the most precious person in my life,” Adam said in the courtroom. “Zahra looked up to you. You not only lied to me but to Zahra. You filled her life with lies.”

Elisa, 43, would not look at Adam while he spoke to her, looking straight ahead in the courtroom instead. Her eyes did tear up.

“You robbed her of a future. Zahra will never get to go to high school. You robbed us of an amazing girl who I have no doubt would have changed the world,” Adam said.

He said Elisa ruined his life.

“You made my life hell with false accusations that I was involved in her death,” Adam said. “There are no words to explain the hate I have for you. You will have to face your judgment in the afterlife. But please, tell us where we can find any more of Zahra's remains so she can be laid to rest complete.”

A breakdown of Elisa Baker’s felonies
-second-degree murder with aggravating factors: death of Zahra, who was very young and infirm, she desecrated the body and had a history of physical and verbal abuse
-obstruction of justice: writing a ransom note in Zahra’s disappearance
-bigamy: because when Baker married Adam, previous marriage was not annulled
-identity theft and obtaining property by false pretense: trying to get phone service in her daughter’s name
-identity theft and obtaining property by false pretense: trying to get power in her daughter’s name
-obtaining property by false pretense: selling a TV to a pawn shop that belonged to Rent-A-Center
-obtaining property by false pretense: selling a pressure washer to a pawn shop that belonged to Adam’s boss
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #975 on: September 17, 2011, 12:02:27 AM »

With video (begins at 1:44)

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Zahra-Bakers-Mother-Visits-Memorial-to-Her-Daughter-129982643.html

Zahra Baker's mother visits memorial to her daughter
by RAD BERKY / NewsChannel 36
Bio | Email| Follow: @RadBerkywcnc
WCNC.com
Posted on September 16, 2011 at 5:49 PM
Updated today at 6:02 PM

HUDSON, N.C. -- Emily Dietrich, the biological mother of Zahra Baker, hugged Jake Icenhour Friday at the memorial he built on his property - where some of Zahra's remains were found.

Dietrich had flown to North Carolina from Australia for Elisa Baker's court hearing Thursday, where Zahra's stepmother pleaded guilty to murdering and dismembering the 10-year-old girl.

In October of last year, Elisa Baker led investigators to Christie Road in Hudson and showed them where Zahra's prosthetic leg had been dumped. Police also found one of Zahra's arms in the underbrush.

Just feet away from that spot is where Icenhour said he felt compelled to build the memorial where people have left flowers and messages for Zahra.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #976 on: September 17, 2011, 10:44:11 AM »

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #977 on: September 17, 2011, 10:45:05 AM »

ZAHRA CLARE BAKER

Rest in Peace

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #978 on: September 17, 2011, 10:56:30 AM »

This is the worst case of injustice I have ever read next to the Anthony case. This no human should never see the light of day again. We can only pray she receives the proper justice in prison. She could at least tell the family where the rest of her is located so they can put her to rest.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #979 on: September 17, 2011, 01:16:05 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.