March 28, 2024, 04:11:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stacey Hazelton, 21, Missing since May 21, 2004 in MS  (Read 7960 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: March 01, 2007, 01:40:28 PM »

Stacey Hazelton, 21, has been missing since May 21, 2004

http://missingexploited.com/2007/02/24/stacey-hazelton-21-missing-since-2004-in-mississippi-texas-equusearch-to-aid-in-search/

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 04:10:26 PM »

Texas EquuSearch in Boliver County, MS Looking for Missing Stacey Hazelton

http://missingexploited.com/2007/02/28/texas-equusearch-in-boliver-county-ms-looking-for-missing-stacey-hazelton/

UPDATE I: Thursday 12:05PM, Tim Miller discusses results of search

According to Tim Miller, they worked until around 3:30–4:00 this morning searching for Stacey Hazelton. Tim Miller stated, “it appeared that Stacey could have been here at one point. The cadaver dogs had hits, but we did not find her. However, it was important to clear this area for possible locations of Stacey.” Although this search effort was without a conclusion Tim Miller suggested to law enforcement that maybe she may be in the area. The authorities have no idea whether Stacey was buried in the ground or just covered up. Tim Miller suggested a controlled burn of the area to rid it of the over vegetation so that the area can be searched again. This time a greater circumference surface area search. He believes the controlled burn in planned for this weekend.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 11:59:15 PM »

http://www.bolivarcom.com:80/

I was sent a couple photos of the search via email from someone in the area:

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 01:32:03 PM »

Hazelton search called off
Crew can't find body of Kinzers woman

By BRETT LOVELACE, Intelligencer Journal Staff
Intelligencer Journal

Published: Mar 06, 2007 8:51 AM EST

Hazelton, PA - Volunteer search-crew members returned home from Mississippi this weekend after failing to find the remains of a young Kinzers woman who was murdered in 2004.

The crew spent two days digging in a patch of woods in Duncan, Miss., where Stacey Hazelton is believed to have been buried. No future search is scheduled, according to a search-team member.

The team included Dave Holloway of Meridian, Miss., whose daughter, Natalie Holloway, has been missing in Aruba since 2005.

Holloway said Monday it appears animals carried away Hazelton's remains or floodwaters washed them into the Hushpuckena River in northwest Mississippi.

"The ground is hard with tree roots, so the body couldn't have been buried more than a foot," Holloway said. "Bears, coyotes and other varmints roam that area, so it's possible the remains were moved."

Holloway volunteers with Texas EquuSearch, a nonprofit organization that has conducted 664 searches for missing people in the past six years.

The organization also helped search for Holloway's daughter in Aruba. It plans to return to the island this spring.

Holloway and about 10 other Texas EquuSearch members from Illinois and Atlanta brought sonar and ground-penetration devices to help locate Hazelton's remains.
>>>>>>>
          The Complete Article
http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/201395

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 07:39:53 PM »

This is the most recent news I can find on Stacey.
Breaking News

January 2008: Texas EquuSearch is still awaiting permission to perform a search in the area where Stacey is believed to be buried. Access has been denied for several months because the current owner is selling the land. That sale is now pending and should be completed within the next three months. The new owners have so far indicated that they would have no problem with a search effort, and Stacey's family is much heartened by this news. It has been a long and difficult wait for them. Texas EquuSearch is ready to mobilize the moment permission has been officially granted to do a controlled burn and detailed search of the area. Let's hope that happens soon. Please keep praying and showing your support to the family for the discovery and return of Stacey's body.

http://www.staceyhazelton.org/index.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 07:51:34 PM »

I realize this is about the longest shot of all long shots, but I found this news report where human remains were found in Sharpsburg PA. (I know, I know...long way away from MS)...anyway, I was wondering if there is a way we can get it looked in to. ? Probably not, but I had to post it. Red......is this worth looking into further??? To my knowledge they are still unidentified.

Bone pieces in Sharpsburg fire pit are of adult human
By The Tribune-Review
Saturday, December 8, 2007

A forensic anthropologist has determined that about 60 bone fragments found in a fire pit on the banks of the Allegheny River in Sharpsburg are that of a right leg and foot of an adult human, Allegheny County Medical Examiner Dr. Karl E. Williams said Friday.
Dr. Jeffrey H. Schwartz of the University of Pittsburgh was not able, however, to determine the age, race or gender of the remains which were found last weekend. The medical examiner and Allegheny County Police are trying to find clues to help identify the remains.

One young man took pictures on his cellular phone of what appears to be leg bones and a shoe he found last Saturday. By the time he called police Sunday and took them to the riverbank, the leg bones and shoe were gone. County and local police searched the area and found the bone fragments in the fire pit.

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/cityregion/s_541835.html?source=rss&feed=2

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 01:42:10 PM »

mmmmmmm......nevermind...I just found this>

Investigators searched Alligator Lake several times for Hazelton's body, and located some burned bone fragments. They were unable to make a DNA match, however. Duck hunters found some bloodstained bedding in the lake, as well a red jacket and a brassiere that may have been Hazelton's. Hazelton's family are continuing the search for her remains.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hazelton_stacey.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 03:09:17 PM »

December 2008: Fannings's Appeal Denied.

James Arthur Fannings Jr., convicted of Stacey's murder in December of 2006, and sentenced to life imprisonment without eligibility for parole, recently brought an appeal of his conviction to the Bolivar County Circuit Court; Hon. Robert William Elliot presiding. A jury deliberated on the six issues he raised in his appeal and, on December 16, 2008, they found that no reversible errors had been committed and affirmed both the conviction and the sentencing of Mr. Fannings.

Mr. Fannings will remain in the custody of the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) to carry out the extent of his life sentence.

http://www.staceyhazelton.org/

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.