April 27, 2024, 09:36:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalie Deblase 5, Jonathan Deblase 3-Mobile AL July 2010 (Bodies found)  (Read 45444 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #140 on: December 21, 2010, 01:03:07 PM »

Woman extradited to Ala. in child deaths case

Updated: Dec 21, 2010 11:40 AM EST
CITRONELLE, Ala. (AP) - The woman accused of torturing two young children who were later killed and dumped in rural Mississippi and Alabama was expected to return to Alabama by extradition on Sunday to face charges.

Heather Leavell-Keaton was to return to Mobile a day after search teams uncovered human remains 30 miles away that police believe belong to one of the children.

Search teams found the skeletal remains near a county road in Citronelle, about 30 miles north of Mobile, said Mobile Police Maj. Kara Rose. They had only been searching the site for a half-hour.

Rose said investigators believe the remains belong to Natalie DeBlase, who would have turned 5 in late November. Skeletal remains found Wednesday in the woods of rural Mississippi are believed to belong to her 3-year-old brother, Chase.

John DeBlase, 27, is charged with two counts of felony murder and two counts of corpse abuse.

DeBlase's parents have said the last time they saw the children was in February, when they found DeBlase living at a mobile home park in Citronelle with his common-law wife, Leavell-Keaton.

Police have said Leavell-Keaton also is responsible in the killings. She has been charged with child abuse but not murder.

DeBlase's court-appointed attorney, Jim Sears, has said DeBlase maintains that he is innocent and that Leavell-Keaton killed the children. She has blamed DeBlase for the children's deaths.

Attorneys for DeBlase have said he will plead not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect. Sears said Friday that comments made by friends that called into question DeBlase's mental health are "certainly not without reason."

Mobile County Assistant District Attorney Jo Beth Murphree said Friday that authorities would soon upgrade Leavell-Keaton's charges from child abuse to more serious aggravated child abuse counts. Leavell-Keaton also was to be charged with two counts of corpse abuse.

DeBlase had told police he dumped his daughter Natalie in the woods north of Mobile in March. He said he discarded the boy's body, dressed only in a diaper and stuffed into a plastic garbage bag, in Mississippi in June on or around Father's Day. Police say the children were killed separately, then immediately disposed of.

An investigation into their disappearance didn't start until late last month after Leavell-Keaton sought a protective order against DeBlase in Kentucky, Levy said. She said in the Nov. 18 filing that DeBlase may have killed his children, and that she feared for her life because he was abusive. The couple had a child together this summer. That child is in state custody in Kentucky.

"I am afraid that he is going to do something to harm our daughter because of what he has done to the other children," she wrote.

Meanwhile, arrest warrants in the case accuse Leavell-Keaton of abusing the boy and girl.

The documents accuse Leavell-Keaton of binding the girl's hands and feet with duct tape, putting a sock in her mouth and stuffing her in a suitcase in a closet for about 14 hours.

The warrants also accuse Leavell-Keaton of duct-taping the boy's hands to the side of his legs, strapping a broom handle to his back and shoving a sock in his mouth, then forcing him to stand in a corner all night while the adults went to bed.

The documents say the abuse happened sometime after March 1.

http://www.ksfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=13659111

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2010, 04:02:52 PM »

My accelerator sticks too!   

I'm not in Milton FL, but darn close. Nice to meet y'all Islandmonkey.

How convenient if you'd have been coming from one direction and I the other, he wouldn't have stood a chance with our car problems Darn close to Milton, then darn close to me no doubt! Nice to meet you too Samarie.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2010, 10:20:14 AM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/grandfather-speaks-on-deblase-children
Grandfather speaks on Deblase children
Updated: Thursday, 23 Dec 2010, 6:50 PM CST
Published : Thursday, 23 Dec 2010, 3:28 PM CST

MOBILE, Alabama (WALA) - Holidays are a time for joy, but for one local family, the season brings up sorrow. The bodies believed to be that of Natalie and Jonathan Chase Deblase were found in a wooded area earlier this month. John Deblase and Heather Keaton, the children's father and stepmother will be back in court on January 4 for a preliminary hearing in front of Judge Charles McKnight.

FOX10 News spoke with the children's grandfather who is still emotional. He said Christmas is the kids' favorite time of year.

"God has his children now and I know that heaven is a better place with them. We're trying to deal with Christmas the best we can," Richard Deblase said.

Richard is in a state of constant pain. The grandfather can't help but recall the times his grandchildren lived with him. He says this time of year always put a smile on their faces. Richard misses them deeply.

"It's a deep down hurt inside me," the grandfather explained.

Richard is trying to move past the devastation that's happened. His son, John Deblase is in Metro Jail charged with felony murder and corpse abuse in connection to the children's disappearance. And Heather Keaton, the children's stepmother is facing two charges of aggravated child abuse, and two charges of abuse of a corpse.
"I'm not going to make a judgment call, I feel they could have handled it differently all the way around and I always will feel that way," Richard added.

In lieu of a Christmas without his grandchildren, Richard said he picked two names from the Angel Tree in honor of his angels.

"Natalie and Chase were our angels. I never had wealth of money but I had wealth in terms of joy from these angels, Natalie's smile and the laughter of Chase," he said.

As Richard tries to cope with the reality of his son behind bars and loss of his grandchildren, to help him get through each day, he said he just tries to remember the happier times, and is planning a memorial in their honor.

"Once in heaven the children received a blessing from above feeling of love and happiness, never again to be hurt, abused or unloved," added Richard.

The family is holding a memorial for the children. It will be Saturday January 8, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. The memorial will be held at the Mobile Memorial Gardens Funeral Home Chapel on Three Notch Road.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2011, 10:28:16 AM »

Nice to see someone speak on behalf of the children.  I only wish something was done before they were abused.  I'm not family bashing as I'm sure this so-called creep of a father prolly kept the babies away from other family so they wouldn't know what was going on. I wonder if abuse started after he met this Keaton woman?  It seems all went downhill after she entered the picture.  Was he so in love and so addicted to pills he allowed he to do whatever just to keep her?  Sick, sick individuals!  I wish the dp was an option!!!!!  I would like to duct tape them and stand them up with a broom right in the middle of town so all could view them!  Then Samarie and IM could drive by to see and hopefully their accelerators won't stick! lol Or, maybe they will!!!!!!!!!!!
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2011, 07:32:42 AM »

http://obits.al.com/obituaries/mobile/obituary.aspx?n=natalie-alexis-deblase&pid=147138177

Obituary

Natalie Alexis DeBlase   |   Visit Guest Book

DeBLASE Natalie Alexis DeBlase, born on November 24, 2005 and Jonathan Chase DeBlase, born on December 29, 2006, now loving & caring Angels that went to be with the Lord. Natalie was known as "The Princess" and Jonathan was known as "The Dare Devil." Natalie was a special little girl who loved Christmas and called Christmas lights "Gum Drops", Jonathan was a curious young "Ladies" man. They are survived by a loving mother, Corrine Elizabeth DeBlase (Jonah) Heathcock; maternal grandmother, Elizabeth Boyette; paternal grandparents, Richard John & Dorothy Ann DeBlase. Numerous aunts, uncles, cousins and special friends. Memorial services will be held on Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 12 Noon from the chapel of Mobile Memorial Gardens Funeral Home. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Saturday 10:00 AM until service time at the funeral home. Memorials may be made in the DeBlase Children's names to Crime Prevention Child Advocacy Center. 1351 Springhill Avenue. Mobile, AL (251) 432-1101. Funeral arrangements by Mobile Memorial Gardens Funeral Home, 6040 Three Notch Rd. Mobile, AL 36619. Condolences may be offered at www.mmgfuneral home.com.

2 4 1
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2011, 07:16:36 AM »

http://www.wxvt.com/Global/story.asp?S=13800672
Arraignment Friday in Ala children's deaths

Associated Press - January 7, 2011 6:04 AM ET

MOBILE, Ala. (AP) - A man and his common-law wife are scheduled for arraignment in Alabama on charges related to the deaths of his two young children.

John DeBlase, 27, is charged with murdering 3-year-old Chase and 4-year-old Natalie. Heather Leavell-Keaton, 22, is charged with aggravated child abuse and abuse of a corpse. Arraignment is set for a Mobile courtroom Friday.

Remains of the children were unearthed in wooded areas of south Mississippi and Alabama where DeBlase directed investigators in December.

The investigation began in November after Leavell-Keaton sought a protective order against DeBlase.

DeBlase has accused Leavell-Keaton of killing the children, while she told authorities he killed them. Mobile police have said they share responsibility for the children's deaths.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2011, 10:21:40 AM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/hearing-friday-in-deblase-murder-case
Hearing Friday in Deblase murder case
Updated: Friday, 07 Jan 2011, 7:32 AM CST
Published : Friday, 07 Jan 2011, 7:32 AM CST

MOBILE, Alabama (WALA) - The couple arrested and charged in connection to the disappeareance of Natalie and Johnathan Chase Deblase are expected Friday morning.

John Deblase and Heather Keaton are scheduled for a preliminary hearing. John, the children’s father, is charged with felony murder and abuse of a corpse. Keaton, the children’s stepmother, is facing two charges of aggravated child abuse and two charges of abuse of a corpse.

Police say the children were killed and then dumped in wooded areas. Natalie’s body was found in Citronelle and Chase’s body was found in Vancleave.

The family is holding a memorial for the children Saturday at Mobile Memorial Gardens Funeral Home on Three Notch Road. The service starts at 10 a.m.

FOX10 News will be in the courtroom Friday morning. Look for updates here on fox10tv.com and tonight on FOX10 News at 5 p.m.

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2011, 10:35:39 AM »

Thank you for the update, Trimm.  I often say I hope for justice, but I'm beginning to wonder just what justice would be in this situation.  I'm not sure there's enough punishment    I was looking back over this thread, looking at the pictures of Natalie and Jonathan.  They were beautiful children, full of life.  And then came evil.    

Rest in peace, Natalie and Jonathan.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2011, 01:49:26 PM »

Stepmother: DeBlase Children Were Poisoned

Last Updated: Fri, January 07, 2011 - 11:41 am CST
The woman charged with torturing Natalie and Chase DeBlase told police the children were poisoned by their father, while the father blames the children's stepmom

MOBILE, Alabama - The woman charged with torturing Natalie and Chase DeBlase told police the children were poisoned by their father, according to the lead investigator, who testified during a preliminary hearing Friday morning.

Heather Leavell-Keaton, 22, went to investigators in Louisville, Kentucky in November, more than eight months after Natalie, 5, was killed.

Keaton, who said she smelled a "toxic odor" on both Natalie and 3 year old Chase's breath just before their deaths, told police that Natalie died on March 4 and Chase died on June 20, Father's Day. Keaton also told police Natalie was sick for about a week and threw up "black stuff" before she died.

The children's father, John DeBlase, 27, is charged with two counts of murder and abuse of a corpse, though he has denied killing his children. DeBlase blamed Keaton saying she tortured the children and ultimately murdered them.

DeBlase told police he found Natalie dead at their apartment in West Mobile after Keaton duct taped her hands and feet, put a sock in her mouth and stuffed her in a suitcase for more than 9 hours. DeBlase admitted he knew Natalie was in the suitcase but went to school and told Keaton "she better be out when I get back."

DeBlase then told police his son, Chase, died after Keaton ductaped his hands to the side of his legs, strapped a broom handle to his back, shoved a sock in his mouth and forced him to stand in a corner all night while the adults slept.

Both DeBlase and Keaton, who is charged with two counts of aggravated child abuse and abuse of a corpse, admitted to dumping the children's bodies. Natalie's body was found near a Beverly Jeffries Highway in Citronelle, while Chase's body, wearing only a diaper, was found in a wooded area in Vancleave, Mississippi. Police found a sock and duct tape near Chase's body.

The investigator also testified about statements from friends of John DeBlase, who described the abuse they witnessed against the children.

Creighton Hobbs, who says the children called him "uncle", told police Keaton yelled at the children, calling them "demon spawns from hell" and often said she hated the children and "wished they were dead." Another friend, who told police the children were often bruised and hungry, recalled an occassion when Keaton and DeBlase ate Wendy's hamburgers and only gave the children lettuce. No one who witnessed the abuse ever reported it to police or to the Department of Human Resources before the children's death.

Mobile County Circuit Court Judge Charles McKnight found probable cause to send the cases to a Grand Jury. In announcing his ruling, McKnight said "I don't know if I have ever heard in 38 years a case with such facts."

Mobile attorney Jim Sears was appointed last month to represent John DeBlase. Keaton's family hire an attorney from Birmingham.
http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/stepmother-natalie-and-chase-deblase-were-poisoned/1203862/Jan-07-2011_11-41-am/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2011, 04:26:10 PM »

He did She did game playing.....

Ala. man says woman tortured, killed his two kids
 The Associated Press

January 7, 2011 3:00:00 PM
MOBILE, Ala. - Two young children were called "demon spawns from hell" by a woman who beat them during hours of torture while bound with duct-tape and let them die, according to testimony at a hearing Friday.

But in other testimony the children's father, 27-year-old John DeBlase, was accused of killing his children with rat poison and dumping their bodies in woods of south Mississippi and Alabama.

The conflicting testimony was given at a preliminary hearing for DeBlase and his common-law wife, 22-year-old Heather Leavell-Keaton. The judge ruled there was probable cause to send the case to a grand jury.

DeBlase is charged with murder in the deaths of 3-year-old Chase and 4-year-old Natalie DeBlase. Leavell-Keaton, who is not the biological mother, is charged with aggravated child abuse and abuse of a corpse.

Testimony related by Angela Prine of the Mobile Police Department included the claims by DeBlase that Natalie died last March 4 after Leavell-Keaton duct-taped her hands, feet and mouth and put her in a suitcase. DeBlase said he went to school and returned about 10 p.m., finding Natalie still in the suitcase and dead.

According to the testimony, the girl's body was buried after DeBlase stopped at a store to buy a shovel and drove to a rural site, with Leavell-Keaton and his son in the car.

He said Chase died last June 20 after Leavell-Keaton got angry during potty training and the child urinated on himself. She duct-taped his hands and legs, bound a broomstick behind his back, and later stuffed a sock in his mouth, according to the father's testimony. DeBlase went to bed, saying he was still stressed out about Natalie's death and wanted Chase freed by the time he got up, but the boy was dead in the morning.

According to the testimony, he put the body in a garbage bag and drove to Mississippi to bury it.

The police department's Prine related other testimony in which Leavell-Keaton said that DeBlase killed the children and described how each had vomited a black substance before dying.

Prine also related testimony from various witnesses interviewed by detectives who described abuse by Leavell-Keaton of the children. Prine said Dana Mullins told detectives the family lived nearby for three weeks in December 2008 and that Leavell-Keaton beat Natalie, forced her to sit for lengthy periods in a chair and called her "evil brat" and "whore."

Creighton Hobbs, an acquaintance of DeBlase's, said he saw Leavell-Keaton shake the children, call them "demon spawns from hell" and put them in a corner.

The bodies were found in December when Leavell-Keaton, seeking a protective order after moving to Kentucky, disclosed they were dead. Authorities said DeBlase took them to the sites.

According to testimony, the biological mother, Corrine Heathcock, had not seen the children in more than a year when they died.
http://www.cdispatch.com/news/article.asp?aid=9518

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2011, 04:05:53 PM »

Just tie them up like the children . . . once a day feed them a leaf of lettuce . . . and whoever survives after one year is innocent and can go free.  That' my recommendation.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2011, 07:17:50 AM »

http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/stepmother-natalie-and-chase-deblase-were-poisoned/1203862/Jan-07-2011_6-34-pm/
DeBlase Stepmother To Be Charged With Capital Murder
by Jessica Taloney
Published: Fri, January 07, 2011 - 10:23 am CST Last Updated: Fri, January 07, 2011 - 6:34 pm CST

BREAKING: District Attorney John Tyson has authorized capital murder charges against Heather Keaton, the woman accused of torturing Natalie and Chase DeBlase
MOBILE, Alabama - 5:00 p.m.
Mobile County District Attorney John Tyson has authorized capital murder charges against Heather Leavell-Keaton, the woman accused of torturing Natalie and Chase DeBlase.

Until late this afternoon, Keaton was only charged with child abuse and abuse of a corpse. The children's father, John DeBlase, was charged with murder last month.
<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2011, 08:10:49 AM »

the details of what these children went through is absolutely horrendous!  so hard to read..
the people who witnessed the abuse of these kids and did nothing are inexcusable to me!

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2011, 09:20:44 AM »

http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/stepmother-natalie-and-chase-deblase-were-poisoned/1203862/Jan-07-2011_6-34-pm/
DeBlase Stepmother To Be Charged With Capital Murder
by Jessica Taloney
Published: Fri, January 07, 2011 - 10:23 am CST Last Updated: Fri, January 07, 2011 - 6:34 pm CST

BREAKING: District Attorney John Tyson has authorized capital murder charges against Heather Keaton, the woman accused of torturing Natalie and Chase DeBlase
MOBILE, Alabama - 5:00 p.m.
Mobile County District Attorney John Tyson has authorized capital murder charges against Heather Leavell-Keaton, the woman accused of torturing Natalie and Chase DeBlase.

Until late this afternoon, Keaton was only charged with child abuse and abuse of a corpse. The children's father, John DeBlase, was charged with murder last month.
<snipped>

Yea 

2 4 1
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2011, 09:49:53 AM »

http://blog.al.com/live/2011/01/stepmom_of_deblase_children_pl.html
Stepmom of DeBlase children pleads not guilty to capital murder
Published: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 9:54 AM     Updated: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 12:05 PM

MOBILE, Alabama -- Heather Leavell-Keaton pleaded not guilty to capital murder today in connection with the deaths of her two young stepchildren.

Natalie DeBlase, 4, and Chase DeBlase 3, were reported missing, and possibly dead, in November, and police learned that the children's biological mother in Mobile hadn't seen them in over a year.

Investigators discovered Chase’s remains in a wooded area near Vancleave in coastal Mississippi on Dec. 8, and Natalie’s body was found near Citronelle in north Mobile County three days later.

The children's father, John DeBlase, is charged with two  counts of murder and two counts of abuse of a corpse.

Leavell-Keaton, DeBlase's common-law wife, is also charged with aggravated child abuse and abuse of a corpse. She is being held in Mobile County Metro Jail with no bail.

Leavell-Keaton, who is legally blind, was led into the courtroom by a sheriff's deputy.

DeBlase and Leavell-Keaton have blamed each other for the deaths of the children, according to earlier police testimony. Leavell-Keaton told police that she believed their father poisoned them, but DeBlase says Leavell-Keaton abused them to death.

According to police, several people have come forward and described witnessing abuse of the children at the hands of Leavell-Keaton, including beatings and starvation.

Mobile County Circuit Judge Rick Stout set a preliminary hearing for Feb. 14.

Stout also appointed attorneys Richard Horne and Jim Vollmer to represent her in the capital murder cases.
Capital murder is punishable by life in prison without parole or the death penalty.

~ Peter Frampton
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2011, 12:31:08 PM »

http://blog.al.com/live/2011/01/stepmom_of_deblase_children_pl.html
Stepmom of DeBlase children pleads not guilty to capital murder
Published: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 9:54 AM     Updated: Tuesday, January 18, 2011, 12:05 PM

MOBILE, Alabama -- Heather Leavell-Keaton pleaded not guilty to capital murder today in connection with the deaths of her two young stepchildren.

Natalie DeBlase, 4, and Chase DeBlase 3, were reported missing, and possibly dead, in November, and police learned that the children's biological mother in Mobile hadn't seen them in over a year.

Investigators discovered Chase’s remains in a wooded area near Vancleave in coastal Mississippi on Dec. 8, and Natalie’s body was found near Citronelle in north Mobile County three days later.

The children's father, John DeBlase, is charged with two  counts of murder and two counts of abuse of a corpse.

Leavell-Keaton, DeBlase's common-law wife, is also charged with aggravated child abuse and abuse of a corpse. She is being held in Mobile County Metro Jail with no bail.

Leavell-Keaton, who is legally blind, was led into the courtroom by a sheriff's deputy.

DeBlase and Leavell-Keaton have blamed each other for the deaths of the children, according to earlier police testimony. Leavell-Keaton told police that she believed their father poisoned them, but DeBlase says Leavell-Keaton abused them to death.

According to police, several people have come forward and described witnessing abuse of the children at the hands of Leavell-Keaton, including beatings and starvation.

Mobile County Circuit Judge Rick Stout set a preliminary hearing for Feb. 14.

Stout also appointed attorneys Richard Horne and Jim Vollmer to represent her in the capital murder cases.
Capital murder is punishable by life in prison without parole or the death penalty.

I wonder if these "several people" thought to go to authorities while these children were still alive and file a complaint?

I hate to think they kept that information to themselves and just went about their business! How anyone can turn their back on abuse and pretend it never happened is beyond me!

I'm thankful tho that step mommy is also being charged with their murders. They are both equally responsible for their abuse, and equally responsible for their death. IMO

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2011, 01:13:22 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/heather-keaton-in-court-for-preliminary-hearing

Inmate: Keaton admitted to me she killed children
Updated: Monday, 14 Feb 2011, 12:04 PM CST
Published : Monday, 14 Feb 2011, 9:07 AM CST

Renee Dials

MOBILE, Alabama (WALA) - UPDATE: 11:54 a.m. The lead prosecutor in the murder of Natalie and Jonathan Deblase testified Monday the children’s stepmother, Heather Keaton, confessed to killing the children to an inmate at Metro Jail.

It was the first time the defense said it had heard of the confession, which was allegedly made to Angela Russell. She was assigned to help Keaton, who was isolated from other inmates for her own protection.

Russell contacted Mobile Police after her release from jail in mid-December. She told investigators Keaton said she and John Deblase, the children’s father, used anti-freeze to poison the children. Russell said the couple had first used the antifreeze on a family dog to see how long it would take to kill “a living thing.”

Assistant District Attorney Nikki Patterson said Russell’s statement was the reason Keaton was charged with capital murder.

Keaton’s lawyer attempted to call John Deblase to testify. Deblase was brought into the courtroom. In response to his lawyer's advice, Deblase declined to testify by taking the Fifth Amendment.

::snipping2::

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2011, 01:16:42 PM »

http://blog.al.com/live/2011/02/mobile_police_deblase_children.html

DeBlase children slowly poisoned to death with anti-freeze, investigator testifies
Published: Monday, February 14, 2011, 10:03 AM     Updated: Monday, February 14, 2011, 11:20 AM

MOBILE, Alabama -- The stepmother to Natalie and Chase DeBlase slowly poisoned the young children with antifreeze by pouring it into their food in an effort to kill them and have less responsibilities, a Mobile police detective testified this morning.

Heather Leavell-Keaton, 22, is charged with two counts of capital murder in the deaths of Natalie, 4, and Chase, 3, who were the children of her common-law husband, John DeBlase. 

The siblings were reported missing in November, and they hadn't been seen in months. Investigators discovered Chase’s remains in a wooded area near Vancleave in coastal Mississippi on Dec. 8, and Natalie’s body was found near Citronelle in north Mobile County 3 days later.

In a preliminary hearing this morning, Mobile police Detective Angela Prine testified that Keaton, while in Mobile County Metro Jail, confessed to the killings to another jail inmate.

According to the detective, Roseanna Russell was assigned in jail to help Keaton, who is legally blind, and Keaton started talking about the case.

Keaton said that she and John DeBlase first poisoned their dog with anti-freeze "to see how long it would take to kill a living thing," Prine said.

When asked why they wanted to kill the children, Keaton said "it would be better if they had less responsibilities" and that "her and John wanted to have their own family," the detective said.

2 4 1
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2011, 02:29:52 PM »

http://blog.al.com/live/2011/02/mobile_police_deblase_children.html

DeBlase children slowly poisoned to death with anti-freeze, investigator testifies
Published: Monday, February 14, 2011, 10:03 AM     Updated: Monday, February 14, 2011, 11:20 AM

MOBILE, Alabama -- The stepmother to Natalie and Chase DeBlase slowly poisoned the young children with antifreeze by pouring it into their food in an effort to kill them and have less responsibilities, a Mobile police detective testified this morning.

Heather Leavell-Keaton, 22, is charged with two counts of capital murder in the deaths of Natalie, 4, and Chase, 3, who were the children of her common-law husband, John DeBlase. 

The siblings were reported missing in November, and they hadn't been seen in months. Investigators discovered Chase’s remains in a wooded area near Vancleave in coastal Mississippi on Dec. 8, and Natalie’s body was found near Citronelle in north Mobile County 3 days later.

In a preliminary hearing this morning, Mobile police Detective Angela Prine testified that Keaton, while in Mobile County Metro Jail, confessed to the killings to another jail inmate.

According to the detective, Roseanna Russell was assigned in jail to help Keaton, who is legally blind, and Keaton started talking about the case.

Keaton said that she and John DeBlase first poisoned their dog with anti-freeze "to see how long it would take to kill a living thing," Prine said.

When asked why they wanted to kill the children, Keaton said "it would be better if they had less responsibilities" and that "her and John wanted to have their own family," the detective said.

This is just disgusting. Antifreeze poisoning is a horrible death. I hope they both get the death penalty.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2011, 01:47:00 PM »

Thanks SuzieQ,It is sickening to think how Natalie and Chase must have suffered. 

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.