March 29, 2024, 07:22:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's Uber Wealthy Elite vs. The Rest of US  (Read 1393 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 02, 2010, 04:19:18 PM »

Fed Unveils Financial Crisis Lending Data

The U.S. central bank Wednesday disclosed details of some $3.3 trillion in loans made to financial firms, companies and foreign central banks during the crisis. In posting the data on its website, the Fed was complying with the Dodd-Frank financial regulation law passed in July which, among other things, aims to boost transparency at the U.S. central bank.

The data showed that Goldman Sachs used an emergency overnight loan program from the Fed 84 times. Announced in March 2008, the Primary Dealer Credit Facility was used 212 times by Morgan Stanley (MS) between March 2008 and March 2009, indicating how close Wall Street's second largest investment bank came to the brink of collapse during the crisis.

"Perhaps most surprising is the huge sum that went to bail out foreign private banks and corporations," said Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.), who sponsored the amendment to the Dodd-Frank law forcing the disclosures.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2010/12/01/federal-discloses-financial-crisis-lending-data/#ixzz16zSIdaiU

Where exactly did that money go?  Has it been returned?  All that debt eliminated?  Used as a Washington slush fund?

Would we need to raise anyone's taxes if these trillions hadn't been created out of thin air?

Somehow, I don't think Obama's 'rich' people benefitted from any of this money!  It's a false illusion, a straw man argument.

Any chance those trillions were poured into the US to create jobs?  Rebuild America?

Where exactly did those TRILLIONS go?  Who got all those dollars? 

Somehow, I don't think it went to the 99'rs, the folks on Main St. living their cars, and all the unemployed.

What do these folks get?  Monopoly money?  Hyperinflation? 

Do tax increases really matter to the folks that got this money?  I suspect the money was invested in China, India, slush funds, gold...any chance it created a job on Main Str.?

Some have suggested that all these recipients are the wealthy elite that helped put Obama in office.  The same folks that seem to have called the common folks dumb, stupid, idiots...the same folks that don't see Obama/Pelosi/Reids driving the economy off the cliff as brilliant.

The same folks that refuse to secure our borders, prevent the migration of millions of illegal aliens that seem to add to the welfare burden, and take jobs from citizens and those here legally?

Are the tax cut extensions just a straw man argument?  An illusion?  A magic show to keep the masses entertained why Obama's global wealthy elite take off with TRILLIONS?

Are there really any wealthy in America today?  Wealthy when measured by US Monopoly money?

Follow the money.  How many of those getting the Fed money avoided jail and stiff fines by Europeans and other?  Death sentence in China?

Obama's Wealthy Global Elite vs. the rest of us?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 07:24:20 PM »

Why would any of those companies ever need TRILLIONS?  Where is that money now?  What did they do with it?

Invest in manufacturing in foreign countries?  Other foreign investments?  Investments that compete with the common folks on Main Street?

Why would any of the elite promote new fees, regulations, Obamacare, and other new taxes on Americas?  American business?

In the same breath keep telling Americans they have to compete in the global marketplace?  How many of those same promoters of globalism have investments in the global market?  Investments that give jobs and money to foreign workers?

How can Americans paying for TARP, unions, Obamacare, Stimulus, QE1, QE2 ever compete with foreigners?

Where is the 30% tax on imports some have suggested recently?  Why not tax imports?  If you expect American workers and businesses to pay for the American welfare state, why should foreign goods contribute their fair share?

How much will the tax on foreign goods be when US goods get the VAT?

How much of those TRILLIONS contribute to the job losses in America?

It seems like all those folks who benefit from the 2008 trillions have so much money they will forever avoid the TSUNAMI of DEBT, UNEMPLOYMENT, HOMELESSNESS, HUNGER, and DESPAIR that grips Main Street.

What did they see coming in 2008 that they TOOK TRILLIONS?  Why would anyone ever give them TRILLIONS and try to keep it a secret?

I would imagine the banks didn't fail overnight, those bad mortgages had to impact someone's financial statements.  Wasn't anyone looking at the financial reports?  Asking questions?  Sending up a red flag?

Some seem to be beyond the financial TSUNAMI that is destroying America, Main Str., and the common man, woman, and family.

Americans are just too stupid for their own good, too stupid see the superior intelligence in Congress, the White House, Treasury, Fed, TV, and on Wall Street. 

What other secrets lurk behind the veil of secrecy at the Fed?  Who really profited from the Great Depression?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.