April 25, 2024, 06:46:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #38 12/18/10 - 12/24/10  (Read 233879 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2010, 03:42:35 AM »

I have been looking at the photos taken at Skyline. I have never, in my experience with a number of schools in a number of states, seen school grounds so overgrown with grass.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2010, 03:44:58 AM »

I have been looking at the photos taken at Skyline. I have never, in my experience with a number of schools in a number of states, seen school grounds so overgrown with grass.

Oh, and the photo of a truck similar to what the Harmons had, as stated on the caption. Why would they need such a large truck?

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2010, 04:04:24 AM »

I know, and the grass is so dang tall! I also do not understand why they have such a low fence that does not even go all around the school. Then it leads out to all of those dang trees that seem to go on and on and on. The thing that I don't get is this. Sad as it is to say, there are differences in schools based on economics. It SHOULD NOT be that way, but it is. It is my understanding that the Skyline area of Portland is rather well to do. What is the school district doing with their tax dollars? I did not see any apartments in the skyline area. So, it looks to me like these are homeowners who must pay some pretty hefty taxes. Again, where is their tax dollars going? Not for any sort of school security OBVIOUSLY! If I were a parent in that district, I would be demanding some answers.
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2010, 09:07:08 AM »

My children are grown now, but i had a job where it was impossible to go to their events at school.

There are those demanding jobs that don't allow much freedom.  and with the economy the way it is now , there are tons of people waiting in line to take the job of the "slackers"-those that have more important things to do than work, such as go to kid's events at school.  Sure, the employer is supposed to let you go to them, but, it probably will not work out well for you if you do.

HK~ My job is very much the same way, as long as the market is open I need to be there to trade......but, I am lucky enough to have the school just 8 miles away and even though I couldn't be there for the entire mother's day event last yr, I made sure I was there for 10 minutes and my son's face was beaming since he has been to my office and knows how demanding it is, once her remarked "I'd be crazy working here", BUT when I saw his face I almost cried. He knew I couldn't be there for long, but I made the effort for him. Also that was in the middle of the day which is even harder for me, the early morning or late afternoon events are easier for me, so I do not by any means have a slacker job, in fact it is extremely demanding...the day I made the 10 minutes for an important event, the market dropped 1,000 points on the DOW and the bond Market went up 500 basis points all while I was working on a swap of 100 million bonds. I guess I am lucky, not many can do my job nor even come close to doing it at the level I do, while it does make me bat chit crazy, it allows me financial freedoms for my kids to be in the best school, and also the added security that outside of being arrested for a felony, I can put my foot down and demand that my son comes first (even if it's just for a short visit). Priorities and perspective are what is most important as a parent, if I were married and had some help, and wasn't the ONLY breadwinner it would be different, but it's just me and although I fail at many things , I try to balance as best I can my demanding job and my son in school.....

That example may not mean much wrt the DOW dropping and the bond market rising, but it was a historic day as that had never happened in the bond market EVER in it's history, and NEVER dropped 1000 points in about 11 minutes on the DOW.

I hear you on this. When the Market is open you must be available to place trades on the spot unless you have someone available to take the buy/sell instructions or get the trade placed. I so remember that day. It was a traumatic day for many in the market.

I did everything I could to attend the special days for my daughter when she was in school. I was a single parent from day one. I worked to support us and raise my child. I watched my child like a Hawk because I had lived with the evil in this world. When she asked me if she could have a horse it took me a week to find her one. That is how she spent her free time until out of High School. She intends to do the same with her child when she has one. Her and her husband each have a saddle horse and they each have a miniature horse. They will be very involved parents. She is pregnant right now and I am terrified for my Gkid having to grow up in this scary, evil world.

I don't know for certain who did this horrible thing to sweet little Kyron. I pray everyday they catch the perp or perps whoever they may be and take them from this world. This has happened far too close to home for me. It scares me everytime I drive to work on Hwy 30 and see the children who walk to school and must cross this Hwy to do so. The creeps who can't keep their eyes on the road because they are watching the children. There are more of these than one would think. I see them every day. Until they are caught we have no idea who they are.

This family should not have to spend this Holiday without their child. Kyron needs to come home.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2010, 09:54:14 AM »

Me too, I have never seen a school like that. When I first saw all the pictures of the school six months ago, my first thought was, how creepy and what a great place to film a horror movie. 
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #205 on: December 19, 2010, 11:00:26 AM »

Good Sunday morning to you all.  Gotta run to work but I so agree with your comment Lazydog1 about Christmas.  Oh, my goodness how I feel for DY!!! As a Mom who lives for her only child I can not imagine what it would be like for me to have had someone take him and do God only knows what to him.  I know I would have to go on just to try to find him but to actually have to go every day waiting for him to come home it must  be the most  unbearable situation to be in!  I know I sound dramatic but I would need a straight jacket by now.  The thoughts of what could have happened or is happening would play over and over in my mind.  I wish I could just wrap my arms around DY but that wouldn't help the hole in her heart.  Please God, let Kyron be found by Christmas and put an end to this nightmare!  Praying for our children here on the boards and ALL missing, lost, hurt, hungry, deceased, shunned, etc., God Bless them all.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2010, 11:02:34 AM »

the warning bell rang at 8:35 at Skyline.  Then the final bell at 8:45.  All children to be in their classrooms at 8:45 like they are every day of the year.

8:45 to 9:00.  Get kids settled, assign groups, etc.

Kyron would not be walking around 8:45 -9:00 AM. 

There is no indication of the time that Tyler Kessinger saw Kyron in the gym and the white truck.  The Horman truck has some distinctive decals on it.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: December 19, 2010, 11:17:23 AM »

Good Sunday morning to you all.  Gotta run to work but I so agree with your comment Lazydog1 about Christmas.  Oh, my goodness how I feel for DY!!! As a Mom who lives for her only child I can not imagine what it would be like for me to have had someone take him and do God only knows what to him.  I know I would have to go on just to try to find him but to actually have to go every day waiting for him to come home it must  be the most  unbearable situation to be in!  I know I sound dramatic but I would need a straight jacket by now.  The thoughts of what could have happened or is happening would play over and over in my mind.  I wish I could just wrap my arms around DY but that wouldn't help the hole in her heart.  Please God, let Kyron be found by Christmas and put an end to this nightmare!  Praying for our children here on the boards and ALL missing, lost, hurt, hungry, deceased, shunned, etc., God Bless them all.
an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: December 19, 2010, 11:32:27 AM »

the warning bell rang at 8:35 at Skyline.  Then the final bell at 8:45.  All children to be in their classrooms at 8:45 like they are every day of the year.

There is no indication of the time that Tyler Kessinger saw Kyron in the gym and the white truck.  The Horman truck has some distinctive decals on it.
Because this was a special day with the science fair and talent show, and also school almost out for the summer, if all the kids were abiding by the school bell? I have no idea what kind of control they have at the school, but I'll bet there were some kids still hanging around by some of the exhibits, but who knows?
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #209 on: December 19, 2010, 12:07:18 PM »

Wouldn't there be staff at the exhibits as the parents could still be attending until 10 AM?

Staff would be shooing kids to their classrooms if they didn't run on their own.  Elementary age children are very good about getting to class on time.

Skyline goes up to 8th grade.  I don't know how those kids are about getting to class on time, but as a smaller school, I bet the kids are pretty responsible about going to class.

This is not the first time Skyline had such an exhibit.  I am sure that the bugs had been worked out over time on how to run the day.  Having kids run around unsupervised is not something that a school wants. 

You certainly don't want kids running around in your home doing whatever.  Schools don't want that either.

It has been reported by posters that Dave Stenson saw children outside unsupervised.  That is not true.  He saw children go outside, but he NEVER stated that they were unsupervised.  That is a conclusion that some have jumped to.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: December 19, 2010, 12:25:07 PM »

Wouldn't there be staff at the exhibits as the parents could still be attending until 10 AM?

Staff would be shooing kids to their classrooms if they didn't run on their own.  Elementary age children are very good about getting to class on time.

Skyline goes up to 8th grade.  I don't know how those kids are about getting to class on time, but as a smaller school, I bet the kids are pretty responsible about going to class.

This is not the first time Skyline had such an exhibit.  I am sure that the bugs had been worked out over time on how to run the day.  Having kids run around unsupervised is not something that a school wants. 

You certainly don't want kids running around in your home doing whatever.  Schools don't want that either.

It has been reported by posters that Dave Stenson saw children outside unsupervised.  That is not true.  He saw children go outside, but he NEVER stated that they were unsupervised.  That is a conclusion that some have jumped to.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100582364.html

((snipped))

He said he remembers that even with the science fair taking place that morning things didn’t seem particularly chaotic.

“It seemed like just a pretty normal day,” he said. “It was kind of damp and wet. It had been wet for a while and the fields were hard to mow. (I) noticed that there was some children that came out the back door, and I thought, ‘please don’t come down and play soccer.’ But they came out and looked at some plants that were in the raised bed.”

Stensen’s own truck, with a trailer on the back, would have been parked in the area investigators are asking about, at least briefly, as he came and went that morning.

It would have been there on the way in, as he got out of the truck to unlock the padlock on the chain that allows him access to the field. It would have been on that road on his way out as he went behind the truck to put the chain back in place.

((snipped))
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: December 19, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »

I have no idea if kids were unsupervised or supervised, my point was simply with all that going on, perhaps the rules were relaxed some that day. I don't want kids running around anywhere, in stores, restaurants, movie theaters, and my house, but it still happens all the time, and good luck controlling some kids that are rambunctious.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: December 19, 2010, 12:48:13 PM »

((snipped))

He said he remembers that even with the science fair taking place that morning things didn’t seem particularly chaotic.

“It seemed like just a pretty normal day,” he said. “It was kind of damp and wet. It had been wet for a while and the fields were hard to mow. (I) noticed that there was some children that came out the back door, and I thought, ‘please don’t come down and play soccer.’ But they came out and looked at some plants that were in the raised bed.”

Stensen’s own truck, with a trailer on the back, would have been parked in the area investigators are asking about, at least briefly, as he came and went that morning.

It would have been there on the way in, as he got out of the truck to unlock the padlock on the chain that allows him access to the field. It would have been on that road on his way out as he went behind the truck to put the chain back in place.

((snipped))

I believe that those who have connections to the landscaping trade ... those who have emerged in the course of the Kyron Hormon case ... should be a focus of the investigation.

Connect the dots.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #213 on: December 19, 2010, 01:46:36 PM »

My children are grown now, but i had a job where it was impossible to go to their events at school.

There are those demanding jobs that don't allow much freedom.  and with the economy the way it is now , there are tons of people waiting in line to take the job of the "slackers"-those that have more important things to do than work, such as go to kid's events at school.  Sure, the employer is supposed to let you go to them, but, it probably will not work out well for you if you do.

HK~ My job is very much the same way, as long as the market is open I need to be there to trade......but, I am lucky enough to have the school just 8 miles away and even though I couldn't be there for the entire mother's day event last yr, I made sure I was there for 10 minutes and my son's face was beaming since he has been to my office and knows how demanding it is, once her remarked "I'd be crazy working here", BUT when I saw his face I almost cried. He knew I couldn't be there for long, but I made the effort for him. Also that was in the middle of the day which is even harder for me, the early morning or late afternoon events are easier for me, so I do not by any means have a slacker job, in fact it is extremely demanding...the day I made the 10 minutes for an important event, the market dropped 1,000 points on the DOW and the bond Market went up 500 basis points all while I was working on a swap of 100 million bonds. I guess I am lucky, not many can do my job nor even come close to doing it at the level I do, while it does make me bat chit crazy, it allows me financial freedoms for my kids to be in the best school, and also the added security that outside of being arrested for a felony, I can put my foot down and demand that my son comes first (even if it's just for a short visit). Priorities and perspective are what is most important as a parent, if I were married and had some help, and wasn't the ONLY breadwinner it would be different, but it's just me and although I fail at many things , I try to balance as best I can my demanding job and my son in school.....

That example may not mean much wrt the DOW dropping and the bond market rising, but it was a historic day as that had never happened in the bond market EVER in it's history, and NEVER dropped 1000 points in about 11 minutes on the DOW.

I hear you on this. When the Market is open you must be available to place trades on the spot unless you have someone available to take the buy/sell instructions or get the trade placed. I so remember that day. It was a traumatic day for many in the market.

I did everything I could to attend the special days for my daughter when she was in school. I was a single parent from day one. I worked to support us and raise my child. I watched my child like a Hawk because I had lived with the evil in this world. When she asked me if she could have a horse it took me a week to find her one. That is how she spent her free time until out of High School. She intends to do the same with her child when she has one. Her and her husband each have a saddle horse and they each have a miniature horse. They will be very involved parents. She is pregnant right now and I am terrified for my Gkid having to grow up in this scary, evil world.

I don't know for certain who did this horrible thing to sweet little Kyron. I pray everyday they catch the perp or perps whoever they may be and take them from this world. This has happened far too close to home for me. It scares me everytime I drive to work on Hwy 30 and see the children who walk to school and must cross this Hwy to do so. The creeps who can't keep their eyes on the road because they are watching the children. There are more of these than one would think. I see them every day. Until they are caught we have no idea who they are.

This family should not have to spend this Holiday without their child. Kyron needs to come home.

Thanks, it's truly hard to explain to anyone unless they have been there, but I still do my best to get to the special events at his school and I have been a single mom all but 3 yrs. Cogratulations on the grandbaby an angelic monkey That was a great idea about the horses, when we lived in an area where we had access my daughter would spend hours riding, grooming and feeding......it tends to keep he kids busy, learning how to work and love an animal and to me it was amazing to see how the troubled kids would turn around when given a responsibility.

I want Kyron home for Christmas, the perp/perps arrested and everything tied in a bow....sadly I don't think it's going to happen and that is heartbreaking to see the case drag into a new yr

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2010, 01:51:05 PM »

There was something written the children where to meet in the classrooms by 9 to be assigned to groups. Terri states Kyron was walking to his class by 8:45, there is a possible 15 min opportunity for someone to have taken Kyron. imo
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #215 on: December 19, 2010, 01:52:47 PM »

HK obviously not all of the kinks had been worked out as a little boy went missing during the time of the SF.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #216 on: December 19, 2010, 01:53:42 PM »

I have no idea if kids were unsupervised or supervised, my point was simply with all that going on, perhaps the rules were relaxed some that day. I don't want kids running around anywhere, in stores, restaurants, movie theaters, and my house, but it still happens all the time, and good luck controlling some kids that are rambunctious.

ITA with this-especially towards year end....and I had a rambunctious child, my daughter When she was in K-2nd she went to a Stepford School, the couldn't talk in the bathroom or at lunch and were supposed to walk in a straight line everywhere, of course mine wasn't a stepford child so this never happened and she pulled sticks everyday and I wasn't working at that point for a few yrs so I worked at the school alot and was a volunteer in the gym, sometimes it was chaotic and the bell reinging meant nothing to the kids...again I am talking about yr end when the kids know they are almost done and are my school was more lax about the rigid rules.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2010, 01:57:21 PM »

((snipped))

((snipped))

Which area of the school did the kids come out? He said the back door, would that be the south entrance that a child says they saw Kyron by? Sorry not good with directions.
Would someone with knowledge of how to do it, please post the one pic of the school that shows an aerial view? Can someone with knowledge of how to do it, please put an arrow where the south entrance and soccor field is? Please?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: December 19, 2010, 02:05:32 PM »

Exactly IM, these were a bunch of kids excited about the science fair and talent show, not a bunch of people in the army. There is no way that all the kids are going to behave, you had your daughter, and I was one also 
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #219 on: December 19, 2010, 02:13:08 PM »

Well, he never made it back to the classroom. No one saw him in the hall on the way to.
Yet in Terri's emails, she had someone tell her that Kyron was with a man chaperone and a couple of little girls. Her words.
They have spent months and countless hours trying to figure this out, the GJ has been meeting, nothing yet. The list they just recently sent out, that tells me they have some conflicts in their  information and LE isn't sure who was there and who wasn't there that day. Six months later it isn't going to get much clearer.
Ms. Porter told some kids Kyron was in the bathroom or at the water fountain. If she thought he was at the doctor, why didn't she say so ? I have always had a problem with her. Don't think she is in any way involved, but she didn't seem on the ball did she ? She didn't really know where he was and do anything proactive to find out. Just marked him absent.
That school seemed rather complacent. Not only for security and background checks for volunteers, for RSO's and SO's but for the safety of the kids. Near a big rural area, forest, big pond close to the school, lots of trouble if a kid wanders off. 
Terri could have done this, but I can't see this going to trial. Can't see any charges being laid. I can see her lawyer filing a suit against the MCSD, the ones who gave the sexts to Kaine.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.