April 26, 2024, 03:07:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #38 12/18/10 - 12/24/10  (Read 233934 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #840 on: December 23, 2010, 12:53:09 AM »

Stensen comments he saw some kids by the flower beds, wonder if it was just kids, or a teacher or another adult there with the kids? If there was an adult with the kids, could be a parent whose kid wanted to show the flowers to him/her?

I'm not sure No Rose but I do know he testified before the Grand Jury so I suspect THEY and LE know.
Thank-you, and I also figure when there is some kind of big event going on at a school, some of the kids are going to not behave as they should, and figure they will get away with it, just regular kid stuff. They could have just been fooling around.

Especially at a school with tall grass everywhere, and not much fencing 

I'm not so sure the grass was tall that day.  It was very tall months later but we don't know what it was like on June 4th. 

I based that on the photos I saw and the person who posted them said the grass was trampled from searchers in the area in the notes with the pics...but if a date was attached to the photos, I am not aware of it.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #841 on: December 23, 2010, 12:57:06 AM »

Why would Tony talk to Kyron that day on TV?  Maybe because Tony was the only one who could talk without breaking down.  Tony is a pro who deals with horror a lot, so he probably knows how to keep it together.

The hug that Tony and Kaine gave each other was telling to me.

Kaine was thanking Tony for doing something that he could not do.

Sorry, IMO odd and uncomfortable to watch .....

I had no idea Tony dealt with such horror ?? I knew he was a K-9 officer once, is he a homicide detective? I guess I am saying a beat cop here gets to deal with a fist fight between a few drunks a few times a yr, stolen bike versus in Memphis, murder, gangs, rape etc so it varies. I just can't recall a missing parent who had a child missing on TV not breaking down, in fact if they didn't I would think it was odd and weird ( Adam Baker). I think it humanizes the story and hits the viewers at their core, vs being detached...now Desiree was very emotional and has been and I think that is one reason ppl identify with her pain so much, it is so raw and out there you can almost feel it-it's chilling IMO and pulls on heartstrings

Exactly Island Monkey!
Desiree is the ONLY parent in all of this that I can relate to. What you see is what you get with Desiree. I don't get that feeling with Kaine or Terri. I have not seen enough of Tony to really have an opinion. He just seemed like he cared a lot for Kyron.

Agreed, and when we see photos of Beth Twitty breaking down and crying and walking the streets putting flyers up, and Dave Holloway in the dump literally you immediately feel for them and it's palpable. Then you have the Anthony's (no emotion but ANGER) and you're like WTF?? I remember Mark Lundsford, I never thought for a minute he was ever a part of it as some stated they did, when I watched him I could feel the sadness thru the tv....again, it was palpable and I just don't get it, never had never will and know I am not the only one. Just read the words of bio and SD and it's strange. Tony seemed like he could barely make it thru, he made me feel emotion and then he and Desiree crying made me feel that way agin. I do think he truly loved and cared for him and addressed it in his message, I went back and read the transcript and watched it again, felt exactly the same way, grrrrr. I am so frustrated with this and I hope Staton is corect and at the end of January they have a suspect they can NAME, but I also want everyone involved prosecuted to the fullest extent possible 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #842 on: December 23, 2010, 01:09:35 AM »

I think Tony does deal with horror.  He busted some gang people.  I think Oregon had lots of meth issues.  The children situations that come along with meth issues are horrifying.  The circumstances.  The child abuse, the wife abuse.  I think Tony has seen a lot and dealt with a lot.  That area of Oregon is poor. Lots of job loss.  Stressors.

I was very touched by the hug that Tony and Kaine gave each other. I could feel the pain right through the TV set. 

I know that there are many who see Kaine differently than I do. I just get a cold cold feeling from Kaine. I don't think he was involved with Kyron's disappearance necessarily, I just get the sense that something is off about him. It is so interesting to see how people have completely different opinions. No wonder lawyers have a heck of a time trying to read jurors.
Ditto.....I never thought he was involved period, but since the coolness with the press I wonder if they ( he and Terri) possibly had some friends that were less than desirable (possibly a monster with a motive )and with the INTEL memo going around it really makes me wonder why not use the media to the fullest extent possible ASAP. I see he has learned to do that now (especially after Desiree revealed her issues about the houshold dynamics), but in these cases I always thought family should get on TV, internet and newspapers as fast as possible.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #843 on: December 23, 2010, 01:39:23 AM »

I need to quit researching.....I thought it was completely unheard of to be abducted from within a school....GRRRRR

Updated: Tuesday, 24 Aug 2010, 6:07 PM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 24 Aug 2010, 2:29 PM CDT

MYFOXDFW.COM

DALLAS - A 5-year-old boy has been found after being kidnapped from an elementary school, and a suspect is in custody.
The incident happened at 12:30 p.m. at the Maple Lawn Elementary School at 3120 Inwood Rd., near Love Field Airport.

Police said a possible stranger abducted the boy from inside the school and drove off in a full-size dark purple van.The unidentified suspect is described as being between 30 and 35 years old, about 6 feet 5 inches tall, 350 pounds, and wearing a red shirt and cut-off blue jean shorts.

Sky 4 video showed Dallas police officers arresting a man matching the suspect's description in front of a house in a residential neighborhood in the 5600 block of Mesa Circle, south of the airport. A purple van was parked in the driveway.

The child is apparently in good condition but was transported to Children's Medical Center by ground ambulance. The boy held an EMTs hand as the pair walked into the facility.

Police said the child's parents later picked him up from the hospital.

An investigation is ongoing.

No further information is available.

Stay with myfoxdfw.com and FOX 4 News for details.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/082410-Child-Apparently-Kidnapped-from-School

This one turned out even stranger, he was taken by a man there to pick up a friend's child and accidentally took the wrong one, and the teacher never bothered to check

DALLAS — A little boy left his Dallas elementary school with a stranger Tuesday afternoon — and his teacher allowed it.

Dallas police are calling the incident a big misunderstanding that led to some very scary moments for the Maple Lawn Elementary School staff, parents and police.

The five-year-old kindergarten student was found safe about two hours later, a mile-and-a-half from the school.

Police outlined what they called “severe miscommunication” on the part of the man who picked up the wrong child, and on the part of the teacher who did not follow procedures by failing to check the man’s identification.

The concern showed on the faces of DISD parents as they raced to the school to find their children after learning of the kidnapping report.

But there was no kidnapping.

“He was there on legitimate business to pick up another child and made a mistake and went off with the wrong child,” said C.L. Williams, a Dallas police spokesman.

The boy who left with the man is five years old. His teacher let him leave with the man, launching an intensive manhunt for a purple van.

“The youngster in question was too young to realize what was going on, and went willingly with this individual,” Williams said.

And then, there was the teacher’s decision-making. He didn’t check the man’s identification.

Each DISD school has its own dismissal policy, but it’s Day 2 of the school year, and the authorization forms hadn’t yet been turned in.

“On any other given day, we would have information about the parent’s name, the guardian name, or any other person who’s authorized to pick up a child,” said DISD spokeswoman Sandra Guerrero. “But since this is only the second day of school, we don’t have that information yet.”

Police say the district’s safety should not be judged by this one incident, but parents are not that sure.

“I’m going to switch schools,” said Basha Sanders, whose child attends Maple Lawn Elementary. “It shocked the hell out of me. Excuse me for cussing. It shocked the mess out of me. My heart just started really, really pounding.”
The man who mistakenly took the boy out of school was taken into custody for minor and unrelated charges.

I'd take my child out too

[
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #844 on: December 23, 2010, 01:44:24 AM »

That is exactly what I do not get Island Monkey. Why aren't any of the other parents screaming about the school in Kyron's case? They could not ALL feel comfortable with their children continuing to attend, could they? I know I would be flipping out. The only thing that I can think of is that LE has given them some pretty big assurances that they know who the culprit is and they have nothing to worry about?
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #845 on: December 23, 2010, 01:54:43 AM »

Flower boxes at Skyline School:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Kyron%20Horman%20%20-OR-/Locations-%20Pics%20from%20Locals-%20Search%20Areas/#!cpZZ8QQtppZZ20

At this site, on page 8, there are "several different" pictures of flower boxes at Skyline School.  There a some more on page 9, too.  I don't think all of these are only 2 flower boxes...like we were discussin earlier when we were talking about children outside the school that morning looking at flower boxes. I believe there's "several" boxes.

From what I could tell, the boxes by the back door were near the soccer fields and make the most sense to me as far as the GK seeing kids and hoping they didn't come down to play soccer...JMO.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #846 on: December 23, 2010, 01:56:06 AM »

That is exactly what I do not get Island Monkey. Why aren't any of the other parents screaming about the school in Kyron's case? They could not ALL feel comfortable with their children continuing to attend, could they? I know I would be flipping out. The only thing that I can think of is that LE has given them some pretty big assurances that they know who the culprit is and they have nothing to worry about?

I don't know....except I just read a post from someone who subbed there and said it is so small, and has so many parents volunteering daily that it wouldn't be abnormal for a kid to leave early with a "hey, I am taking Timmy early" and that is it.

Don't know if they are real or not, but it's from back on June 7th before we knew as much?? If LE even knows there is a perp 2 or 3, no doubt Terri is she is the link is still as guilty as if she has done it herself but I wouldn't like knowing there a perp 2 or perp 3 was still out there, would you??

http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/showthread.php?t=250919
 06-07-2010, 01:38 PM    #13 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've subbed at that school (although not often, because it's way the heck out miles away from the entire rest of the district). It's a small, community-oriented school, the kind of place that has parents in and out all the time--daily!--volunteering, attending events, whatever. It's happened many times that, in a school with that kind of feel, a parent will leave 15 minutes before the last bell and just say, "I'm taking Timmy with me now, OK?" So I can totally see how something like this could happen there.

(I think the point about schools not calling about absent children is kind of moot here; this kid was not really absent if he was at school earlier in the day.)

From what I read, I get the impression that this was a family/custodial thing. There was mention in at least one article (a local one...I haven't seen anything about it in the national news, though apparently it's there) of his birth mother being around. I got the sense that there is more to the family dynamics here than we know. I hope that is the case, anyway.

[
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #847 on: December 23, 2010, 01:59:57 AM »

i stand with LE.  they have no confirmed POI and neither do i. 

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #848 on: December 23, 2010, 02:03:20 AM »

No wonder we are confused about LE and the backtracking of who saw Kyron when and where last:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_attracts_1.html

Authorities had previously reported that Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, was the last to see the boy about 8:45 a.m. as he walked to his classroom. The two had attended a science fair, where the bespectacled boy with the gap-toothed grin posed for the photo now showing up on the missing fliers.

But investigators now say Kyron was last seen at 9 a.m. inside the school, but declined to say by whom or where.

[
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #849 on: December 23, 2010, 07:39:05 AM »

Maybe she went to one Fred Myers, but her accomplice went to the second one and not her. The accomplice gave her the receipt but Terri blew it when it did not show up on HER bank statement?

I've always thought this is a possibility.
She might have asked a "friend" to run to this particular FM'S to pick up such and such.  The "friend" would pass on the purchase w/receipt.   The "friend" might not even be a knowing accomplice.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #850 on: December 23, 2010, 07:46:32 AM »

Why would Tony talk to Kyron that day on TV?  Maybe because Tony was the only one who could talk without breaking down.  Tony is a pro who deals with horror a lot, so he probably knows how to keep it together.

The hug that Tony and Kaine gave each other was telling to me.

Kaine was thanking Tony for doing something that he could not do.

ITA.  He broke the ice sotaspeak, knowing he could manage it without breaking down and allowing preparation before the distraught parents would speak.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #851 on: December 23, 2010, 07:56:17 AM »

It has always bothered me that a Mom would not simply take a sick child home for the day.  Why drive around and then continue on to a gym.  Was the baby settled by then?  Is any of this true?  I don't buy it.  jmo
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #852 on: December 23, 2010, 08:07:53 AM »

Another issue that troubles me is that - as far as we know - Terri was not seen leaving the school.   While Kyron's exit from the school is a mystery, so is Terri's.
If Terri was about to disappear Kyron she would make every effort NOT to be seen, particularly if she had lured Kyron to her truck.
Following this, if Terri knew she had been seen, she could postpone her intent, (if indeed she had one)  for that day at least.

Where are you Kyron?  I so wanted you to be home for Christmas!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: December 23, 2010, 08:38:30 AM »

Just curious- why is Terri the only one who could have possibly had an accomplice? Also, why would several kids who went outside to assumingly look at flower beds, go outside to look at dead plants, wouldn't it make more sense to head to the fronbt of the building where the plants were thriving in the planters? Again, I cannot view the photos, but I remember viewing them previously and posted them on SM.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #854 on: December 23, 2010, 08:48:48 AM »

Personally, I would think if this was a thought out, planned kidnapping/disappearance AND Terri was guilty, her where abouts would be nailed down 100%, no doubts what so ever- witnesses, receipts- her timeline without a minute unaccounted for. If this was a spur of the moment incident, again, with Terri as the perp, the hastiness of it alone would have revealed clues as perps become sloppy. All of these agencies working on this case, all these brillant minds and no-one has come up with a workable theory which has brought Kyron home or closure to this case. The school is the first crime scene. Due to the high traffic of people, daily maintenance, the school obviously hasn't yeilded any physical clues. I wonder if any other kids were missing their coats/jackets that day. Someone could have thrown another kids coat/jacket and a hat on Kyron and walked out of this school with him in disquise. Just brainstorming.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #855 on: December 23, 2010, 08:51:58 AM »

Also, IF Kyron was so jazzed about seeing this project, he may have gone willingly- the perp's successful enticing the young victim.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #856 on: December 23, 2010, 10:01:28 AM »

From Sebastian's post 
I know I should not get sucked into Tom Jones and his crazy postings, but I am getting sucked in, ugh! He has alluded to something that Terri caught Kyron doing that freaked her out.                           Now what would a 7 year old do that would freak someone out that bad? Now I know you probably don't want to say on here, but IF that is true, I can only come up with two things, which I sure am keeping to myself. But still if she was so freaked out, couldn't she have talked to someone about it, Kaine, Desiree, a doctor?
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #857 on: December 23, 2010, 10:02:31 AM »

One thing we all are in agreement is tougher punishment on these perps.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #858 on: December 23, 2010, 10:12:12 AM »

One thing we all are in agreement is tougher punishment on these perps.
Hopefully one day
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: December 23, 2010, 10:31:52 AM »

Just curious- why is Terri the only one who could have possibly had an accomplice? Also, why would several kids who went outside to assumingly look at flower beds, go outside to look at dead plants, wouldn't it make more sense to head to the fronbt of the building where the plants were thriving in the planters? Again, I cannot view the photos, but I remember viewing them previously and posted them on SM.

Because the planters in the back (side) were the STUDENT project planters.  Why would they even care to look at the usual landscaping around the school? 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.