April 19, 2024, 03:58:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "what we need is more WikiLeaks about the Federal Reserve."  (Read 1389 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 05, 2010, 07:14:45 PM »

While the U.S. Constitution clearly states that Congress shall make no law abridging freedom of the press, perhaps those same rights aren't applicable to foreign citizens, just as the right of due process has not been afforded to foreigners detained in other countries by U.S. authorities.

Rand, who is incoming chairman of a House subcommittee on monetary policy, is critical of the US Federal Reserve. During Thursday's interview he said that "what we need is more WikiLeaks about the Federal Reserve."

"Can you imagine what it'd be like if we had every conversation in the last 10 years with our Federal Reserve people, the Federal Reserve chairman, with all the central bankers of the world and every agreement or quid-pro-quo they have? It would be massive. People would be so outraged."

The rest of the story and video here - http://crabbygolightly.com/mt/2010/12/republican_ron_paul_backs_wiki.html

How much money is out there?  Who has it and why?

What kind of deal are they getting? 

Why should the American people be taking a beating on interest rates, declining savings, joblessness, homelessness, loss of prosperity?

What makes these special interests worth the lives of Americans?

Would the Federal Reserve's elite money people rather pay say 3% more in taxes and continue to get TRILLIONS from the Fed?

Or, would they rather give the TRILLIONS back and not pay a few percentages more?

Where did all that money go?

Bush tax cuts just a diversion from Wikileaks and the Federal Reserve story?

Obama's Washington didn't seem to mind the earlier leaks that endangered our military.  They just seem to snap to attention when the leaks expanded to private banks...

just my humble opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 07:17:52 PM »

Wall Street banks' Wiki fears

Julian Assange, founder of the secrecy-busting organisation, said around 50pc of the 'treasure trove' of documents held by WikiLeaks relate to the private sector and would uncover 'how banks behave at the executive level'.

The comments, in an interview with Forbes, raise the prospect of embarrassing revelations that could spark a flurry of lawsuits against US financial institutions.

Political secrets released this week by WikiLeaks caused a furore in diplomatic circles and similar disclosures about Wall Street's finest could spark fresh uproar among the American taxpayers who bailed out the US financial system.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=519119&in_page_id=2#ixzz17Hnonm5b

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 07:24:28 PM »

“We have one related to a bank coming up, that's a megaleak. It's not as big a scale as the Iraq material, but it's either tens or hundreds of thousands of documents depending on how you define it,” said Assange.

Although he declined to name the bank in question, he pointed to the Enron emails as a similar example. “When Enron collapsed, through court processes, thousands and thousands of emails came out that were internal, and it provided a window into how the whole company was managed. It was all the little decisions that supported the flagrant violations. This will be like that.”

For Assange, who is a strong advocate for transparency, the publication of the documents will “give a true and representative insight into how banks behave at the executive level in a way that will stimulate investigations and reforms … WikiLeaks means it’s easier to run a good business and harder to run a bad business, and all CEOs should be encouraged by this.”

more here - http://www.efinancialnews.com/story/2010-11-30/wikileaks-expose-major-us-bank

Didn't Barack and his team campaign as the poster boy/children for transparency?

How could all those banks fail at the same time?  Didn't anyone notice they were going bad for years?  Read the financials?  Publish financial documents with someone in government?

Any accountability?  Then, poof, bail them out with TRILLIONS of taxpayer dollars? 

Maybe there are answers for Main Street in that treasure trove at Wikileaks. 

Where is that robust audit of the Federal Reserve?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.