April 24, 2024, 03:22:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream Act - Beating Down the Unemployed  (Read 1279 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 06, 2010, 02:50:11 PM »

‘DREAM Act beneficial to US economy’
Friday, 03 December 2010 18:05 Dymphna Calica-La Putt | AJPress Las Vegas
E-mail Print PDF

“Unless we pass the DREAM Act, we will be throwing away investments. It is critical to our economic future,” US Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke told media last Dec. 3.

How about returning these investments to their country of origin?  We're broke, we may still want to help...sending them home - making lemonade?  Jobs for American citizens?

“It complements the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) efforts to prioritize our enforcement resources for removing criminal aliens from the country,” US Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, meanwhile, said in a Dec. 2 press briefing.

Why isn't securing border the number one priority?

“These are students who are our future scientists, doctors, lawyers, engineers and important business leaders,” he said.

Why aren't these folks looking at the growing pool of unemployed Americans, the 99'rs that need a job?  A hand up the employment ladder, not a continuing hand out?  How many could be fast track students given some seed money and tuition breaks?

Locke noted that in the past 15 years, 25% of venture capital firms that went public were started by immigrants.

Did these folks already have money when they came?  Money opened the VISA door?

Or, did these folks go on welfare?  Work and use fraud and stolen identities?

“(The DREAM Act) will generate revenue and create economic and business opportunities. It is a driver for economic growth,” he added.

Where is the Dream Act for the Unemployed?  A path to create economic and business opportunity?

read more here - http://www.asianjournal.com/dateline-usa/15-dateline-usa/7991-dream-act-beneficial-to-us-economy.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 02:58:30 PM »

"Enacting the DREAM Act would be an important part of our efforts to meet the Administration's goal of having the highest proportion of college graduates in the world by 2020." - Arne Duncan

There are millions of unemployed people, supporting families that could meet that goal - no need for amnesty.

When yesterday's immigrants came, there was no welfare check, Obamacare, Medicaid, taxpayer funded grants from community organizations to buy houses, skipping out on home mortgages/getting a fraud mortgage...

Yesterday's immigrants didn't come to take money out of Main Street's pockets.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.