June 01, 2024, 10:43:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittany Smith, 12 yr. old Virginia girl, kidnapped (FOUND SAFE!)  (Read 188160 times)
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #420 on: December 10, 2010, 05:38:09 PM »

Walmart video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tVtNUl8aG6U?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;amp;color2=0x6b8ab6" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/tVtNUl8aG6U?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;amp;color2=0x6b8ab6</a>

The whole thing just looks like an ordinary mundane shopping trip to Walmart.... She doesn't appear to be upset or anything.  It looks like any of a dozen trips I have made to Walmart myself. 

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #421 on: December 10, 2010, 05:39:23 PM »

then at 4;14,they head out the door, and the door service lady notices that none of the stuff is tagged paid
and checks the receipt, and does not recognize them

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #422 on: December 10, 2010, 05:40:26 PM »

IMO if she wasn't with him willingly, he would have made her walk ahead of him....not tagging along behind.

I agree... but remember she may not have known what happened to her mom.  There is more to this story than we know yet, I think.  JMO

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #423 on: December 10, 2010, 05:43:27 PM »

I also saw when he was at the register he had to swipe the card twice. I am not sure he swiped it a second time with the same card.  It may have been the first card didn't work. There was a pause before he swiped the second time. I have looked at that part over and over again.

Janet, you are right, of course. He could have coerced her. But he was very sure of himself in that case, because he wasn't constantly looking back at her, and was almost oblivious of her while he was shopping. Again, just my observations.

The blinking eye is rather unnerving.  I had a hard time reading the post because I kept seeing that eye blink out of the corner of my eye!

She seemed helpful and just mundane.... as if it were any other day.

I have a debit card I use and for the most part. I have had to swipe it twice. sometimes, Its because I swiped it wrong to begin with. other times, it just took two swipes for the machine to "Catch" It. As for Brittany's Actions, Maybe She hasn't realized what has happened or is happening where Jeffrey is concerned. I pray shes found safe and soon.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #424 on: December 10, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »

then at 4;14,they head out the door, and the door service lady notices that none of the stuff is tagged paid

This video was on Friday and Tina was not found murdered and Brittany was not noticed missing when they were in Walmart.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #425 on: December 10, 2010, 05:46:28 PM »

Oh heck... Echoes... I posted inside your quote box.  Sorry...

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #426 on: December 10, 2010, 05:49:23 PM »

then at 5;27 they are going out the door,and im guessing the beeper went off,bc the reg clerk didnt null a theft tag
the the door service lady comes and takes care of it, and off they go
i saw many people look at them in the face and it appears none recognized who they were, this shopping trip must
have been right b4 the amber alert or right after, you would think someone would have recognized them

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: December 10, 2010, 05:51:06 PM »

TY klaas
is this video after the amber alert, im thinking the security/cop person, must have
not heard the amber alert, he/she looks right at them,and doesnt seem to know
who they are

Well if you remember, the first photo of him really doesn't look like him now.  Also, Brittany is a bit of a chameleon and depending upon makeup can look quite different.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #428 on: December 10, 2010, 05:52:51 PM »

This video was on Friday and Tina was not found murdered and Brittany was not noticed missing when they were in Walmart.

TY i was freaking out about how many people looked,had contact with them and didnt recognize who they were

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #429 on: December 10, 2010, 05:53:01 PM »

then at 5;27 they are going out the door,and im guessing the beeper went off,bc the reg clerk didnt null a theft tag
i saw many people look at them in the face and it appears none recognized who they were, this shopping trip must
have been right b4 the amber alert or right after, you would think someone would have recognized them

But this all happened before her mom was found or any alarms were raised.  This was the Friday her mom was killed and her mom wasn't found until Monday.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: December 10, 2010, 06:01:17 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-national-help-finding-missing-121010,0,5299349.story

National Help Finding Missing Roanoke County Girl
Center for Missing and Exploited Children Assists

Jean Jadhon

WDBJ-TV Anchor/Reporter

5:54 PM EST, December 10, 2010
Advertisement

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is helping with the case of missing Roanoke County child Brittany Mae Smith. The organization stepped in immediately, because cases such as this one are not something local police departments deal with very often.

The Center has a program called Team Adams where law enforcement members with experience in child abduction and sexual exploitation travel at a moments notice to wherever they're needed. "These are very unique investigations so we went out and found what we consider the best of the best in finding and location children. "said Robert Lowery, the Executive Director of the missing children division with the Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

A retired F.B.I. agent with 28 years of experience arrived in Salem Monday and has been working on Smith's case round the clock.  "Twenty eight years of kidnapping experience was able to provide some technical assistance to law enforcement and some advice on the best practices in finding Britanny," Lowery said.

The Center is also assisting with digital highway signs in Virginia, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Ohio, West Virginia and Tennessee. The center is also working to get signs posted at truck stops showing Brittany Smith and her suspected abductor's photographs.

Brittany Smith is just 12 years old. She's been missing for more than a week now.  It was Friday, December 3rd when Smith was seen with her mother's live-in boyfriend, 32-year old Jeffrey Scott Easley at a Salem Walmart store. Smith's mother, Tina Smith was found in the family home Monday morning December 6.  She had been murdered, police said.

Getting the word out to the public is crucial, according to Lowery.  "As time goes on the more concerned we become about this child's welfare and safety, but we're not going to give up hope and we're going to keep looking until she's found, " Lowery said.  "Just because it's been a long period time doesn't mean that she's not going to be found safe and I believe we're going to continue until we know."

I really wish they would put better photos on the billboards.  
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #431 on: December 10, 2010, 06:03:26 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-national-help-finding-missing-121010,0,5299349.story

National Help Finding Missing Roanoke County Girl
Center for Missing and Exploited Children Assists

Jean Jadhon

WDBJ-TV Anchor/Reporter

5:54 PM EST, December 10, 2010
Advertisement

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is helping with the case of missing Roanoke County child Brittany Mae Smith. The organization stepped in immediately, because cases such as this one are not something local police departments deal with very often.

The Center has a program called Team Adams where law enforcement members with experience in child abduction and sexual exploitation travel at a moments notice to wherever they're needed. "These are very unique investigations so we went out and found what we consider the best of the best in finding and location children. "said Robert Lowery, the Executive Director of the missing children division with the Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

A retired F.B.I. agent with 28 years of experience arrived in Salem Monday and has been working on Smith's case round the clock.  "Twenty eight years of kidnapping experience was able to provide some technical assistance to law enforcement and some advice on the best practices in finding Britanny," Lowery said.

The Center is also assisting with digital highway signs in Virginia, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Ohio, West Virginia and Tennessee. The center is also working to get signs posted at truck stops showing Brittany Smith and her suspected abductor's photographs.

Brittany Smith is just 12 years old. She's been missing for more than a week now.  It was Friday, December 3rd when Smith was seen with her mother's live-in boyfriend, 32-year old Jeffrey Scott Easley at a Salem Walmart store. Smith's mother, Tina Smith was found in the family home Monday morning December 6.  She had been murdered, police said.

Getting the word out to the public is crucial, according to Lowery.  "As time goes on the more concerned we become about this child's welfare and safety, but we're not going to give up hope and we're going to keep looking until she's found, " Lowery said.  "Just because it's been a long period time doesn't mean that she's not going to be found safe and I believe we're going to continue until we know."

I really wish they would put better photos on the billboards.  

I agree... this photo of him doesn't seem to look the way he looks most of the time right now.  And this one of her is grainy and blurry.  But at least they are doing something.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #432 on: December 10, 2010, 06:04:07 PM »

i think the can things maybe sterno fuel
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterno-Gel-Fuel/14913075
http://www.google.com/images?q=sterno%20fuel&hl=en&rlz=1T4GFRC_enUS322US322&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: December 10, 2010, 06:06:20 PM »

But this all happened before her mom was found or any alarms were raised.  This was the Friday her mom was killed and her mom wasn't found until Monday.

TY wow they have a 3 day start on LE

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #434 on: December 10, 2010, 06:07:52 PM »

TY wow they have a 3 day start on LE

yes... it is quite frustrating for law enforcement, I am sure.
I hope these billboards help turn up something.

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #435 on: December 10, 2010, 06:07:55 PM »

Klaas, I agree with you on the sleeping bag. I was looking it up as you were posting it. Here's what I think they purchased:
water
a bunch of warmers (hand, feet, body, etc)
tent
black blanket or thermal liner
mummy sleeping bag

Those little things that the clerk was scanning shine and look just like the packages of warmers that I posted earlier. We buy these things constantly during football season.

Here's a photo of a box of them:

Here's a photo of another Coleman Mummy Sleeping Bag, but this one's for 20 degrees:

Now, the question I have in the back of my mind is this: If Brittany didn't realize her mother wasn't going camping with them, then why did they only purchase enough for 2 people? 2 people can share that bag, not 3. The other thing that bothers me is that Brittany could have ran. There was space, empty areas of that store where she could run. The area they were shopping in was not crowded. I understand exactly what Janet has said. Look at the Smart case. I completely agree. I just don't see it with this one, though. Brittany, coerced or not, seems to be walking around without a care in the world. Maybe that's forward to say but it certainly appears that way. I think the thing hanging out of his back pocket is one of those red neck key chains. Omgosh, like a lanyard or something hooked to his keys? They sell them everywhere. I call 'em pocket protectors, lol. He has a phone, so is it pay as you go or an actual plan?

Could it be a possibility that both of them are innocent, they were robbed or hijacked on the way home, somebody used those keys to get into the house & murder Tina but not rob her? Then at night Brittany's out shopping with Easley?

I think I'm just gonna talk to my good ol' buddy Occam. See what he thinks. His mind is veeery sharp these days...
echosofangels
Scared Monkey

« Reply #436 on: December 10, 2010, 06:08:21 PM »

I also saw when he was at the register he had to swipe the card twice. I am not sure he swiped it a second time with the same card.  It may have been the first card didn't work. There was a pause before he swiped the second time. I have looked at that part over and over again.

Janet, you are right, of course. He could have coerced her. But he was very sure of himself in that case, because he wasn't constantly looking back at her, and was almost oblivious of her while he was shopping. Again, just my observations.

Excuse me...no more blinking eye

The blinking eye is rather unnerving.  I had a hard time reading the post because I kept seeing that eye blink out of the corner of my eye!

I have a debit card I use and for the most part. I have had to swipe it twice. sometimes, Its because I swiped it wrong to begin with. other times, it just took two swipes for the machine to "Catch" It. As for Brittany's Actions, Maybe She hasn't realized what has happened or is happening where Jeffrey is concerned. I pray shes found safe and soon.

-Darlene
echosofangels
Scared Monkey

« Reply #437 on: December 10, 2010, 06:09:17 PM »

sorry about that

-Darlene
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #438 on: December 10, 2010, 06:21:54 PM »

sorry about that

You don't have to remove it.... but it was kind of eerie...

I too wondered if someone else killed them all.... but I don't think that is what Law Enforcement think happened.... and there is a lot of hinkiness about the relationships going on in that home.

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #439 on: December 10, 2010, 06:23:38 PM »

I agree Klaas, i think they should have done like 4 or so pics of both of them, instead of one huge one they could have done a few smaller ones..

ppl acan look sodifferent from day to day with out even trying!

i have a ton of ppl who almost will refuse my ID, all the time it happens, i was 7 yrs younger, blonde and 50 lbs lighter... and the not being blonde was just recent, a walmart box of dye to cover my roots, so i think it woulda been more benificial to do more photos, he looks ALOT different in that last pic (i think you posted it) with him in the hat... looks like he weighs less and alot of other stuff...

gosh i cant believe how much of a lead they have on LE so scary.

i am a pretty i dont know how to put it, i wouldnt really say tough, it takes alot to get to me, or make me cry in these types of things... but after watching the walmart video today, i had to go to wally world, and i was heading to the toy department (grown up lil man, finace, needed a remote control helicopter for xmas) i passed the camping/hunting section and i actually got sick to my stomach, it was weird i have never really felt that before in those circumstances....

so sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.