March 28, 2024, 12:37:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aveion Malik Lewis-Reported Deceased-Body found/ ID'd (Stepfather charged)  (Read 33487 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2010, 06:00:37 PM »

Aveion Lewis' mom, stepfather indicted on murder charges
Slain tot's mother surrenders to police
Monday, March 01, 2010
The mother and stepfather of slain toddler Aveion Lewis were indicted today on charges of murder and child abuse, according to court records.

Brandon Lockett, 24, and Morgan Lockett, 23, also were charged in the grand jury's indictment with child neglect and cruelty in the death of Aveion, 2. The child's bound body was found wrapped in a bag in Smith Gap Landfill in western Roanoke County nearly two weeks after the couple reported the boy missing on Jan. 14.

The indictment is the first public charge that Morgan Lockett,  Aveion's mother, was involved in the child's death. She surrendered to Roanoke police this afternoon, after the grand jury handed up the indictment.

Police launched an intense search for the child after the abduction report and, after they said Brandon Lockett's shifting stories led them to believe Aveion was dead, declared the abduction story a hoax. Brandon Lockett was charged earlier with felony child neglect, improper disposal of a body and obstruction of justice. He is being held at the Roanoke City Jail.
http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/238331

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »

February 10, 2011 Thursday
Metro Edition 

Year later, cause of Aveion Lewis' death unclear

Aveion Lewis, the 2-year-old boy found dead last year in a landfill, clearly had been neglected and abused, Roanoke prosecutors say. The cause of his death, however, is not so clear. At a hearing Wednesday in Roanoke Circuit Court, prosecutors conceded they don't have medical proof of exactly what kind of injury killed the boy. But they don't need that to press murder charges against his stepfather, Brandon Lockett, and his mother, Morgan Lockett, Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Sandra Workman said.

"The cause of death ultimately is for the jury to decide," Workman said. "We don't intend to invade the province of the jury by saying that Aveion died of X." Part of the uncertainty is caused by the fact that half of the toddler's head was missing when his decomposing body was found Jan. 27, 2010, in the Roanoke County landfill, two weeks after he was reported missing from his Southeast Roanoke home. Forensic details about the case emerged Wednesday after Brandon Lockett's attorney, assistant public defender Rachel Jackson, asked Judge Clifford Weckstein to limit or prohibit the testimony of Dr. Robin Foster, an expert witness for the commonwealth. In a review of what her trial testimony would be, Foster talked about possible contributing factors, such as neglect and malnutrition, but could not cite an exact cause of death. "In this particular case, we don't have a factual determination that can be made, within reasonable medical certainty, as to what the physical cause of death was," Jackson said. 
snipped/MORE
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1356892872&start=8

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2011, 05:02:53 PM »

The Roanoke Times (Virginia)

May 3, 2011 Tuesday
Metro Edition 

Virginia; Pg. A8 

595 words

Warrant tells more about toddler's death

By Mike Gangloff mike.gangloff@roanoke.com 981-3336

Investigators looking into the death of toddler Aveion Lewis last year revealed Monday that someone besides family members was present when the little boy died. A search warrant filed in Roanoke Circuit Court added a new angle to the public presentation of a case that had revolved around the neglect and abuse 2-year-old Aveion allegedly received from his stepfather, Brandon Lockett, 25, and mother, Morgan Lockett, 24. The Locketts are charged with first-degree murder, child neglect and cruelty. Brandon Lockett is scheduled for trial in September, Morgan Lockett in October. According to the warrant, Dorniki Renee Turner, 33, called police on Jan. 18, 2010. snipped
 She was interviewed a third time in November, the warrant said. "Dorniki Turner has confirmed she was in the location of the crime on and or around the time of the incident," the warrant said. Turner is not charged in the case. Calls to phone numbers listed for Turner were not answered Monday. Roanoke police spokeswoman Aisha Johnson said the department would have no comment on Turner or the warrant because the investigation is continuing. snipped
Turner, known as "D," told police about "certain and specific places to search and what evidence to look for," the warrant said. She knew details of the case that were not public knowledge, the warrant said. At some point during the search for Aveion, investigators looked at how trash was collected around the Locketts' home in the Jamestown Place development in Southeast Roanoke. They began searching the Smith Gap Regional Landfill in Western Roanoke County. The new warrant said a witness, who police referred to in the warrant as V1 because of the person's age, said someone called "D" was involved in the events of Jan. 14, 2010. The warrant seeks to allow investigators to collect DNA samples from Turner. Conditions in the Lockett household, where there were four other children besides Aveion, all younger than 4, have emerged piecemeal in court hearings and search warrants. Investigators have said that in the days and weeks before Aveion died, he suffered a broken arm and burns to his legs that were left untreated. Prosecutors and police have pointed to the boy's very low weight as a sign of poor treatment. He weighed 9 pounds when he was 14 months old, and the Department of Social Services placed him with foster parents. In their care, Aveion's weight rose to a normal 30 pounds. He shed much of that after returning to the Locketts' home on March 31, 2009, prosecutors said. The actual cause of Aveion's death has not been determined because of the decomposition of his body before he was located, prosecutors have said. In a jail interview earlier this year, Brandon Lockett maintained his and his wife's innocence and said his stepson's low weight resulted from a health condition. Morgan Lockett's attorneys have said at hearings that she was so dominated by an abusive husband that she was not capable of independently forming the intent to kill required for a first-degree murder conviction. 
snipped
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1410250449&start=1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.