April 24, 2024, 01:03:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illinois man dies in crash; wife(Tanya Shannon) leaves car, vanishes(BODYFOUND)  (Read 42188 times)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 11:03:40 PM »

States that she had a cell phone with her.  Possibly no reception in that area? 
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2010, 09:54:19 AM »

Here is a graphic map of the crash and connected locations.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-1207-car-crash-graphic,0,6022432.graphic

« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:56:52 AM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2010, 09:58:13 AM »

I'm confused by that map and when I went to google maps I was confused too.  WHY would they be up in that area if they left the party to come home.  Looks to me like they would have to pass by their home to get up there?  Does anyone else think that's odd?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2010, 10:03:06 AM »

Why would they even be in that area?  That is quite a ways past their home.  Did they drop someone else off that we aren't aware of?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2010, 10:09:57 AM »

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 10:19:27 AM »

This was in one of the pressers released yesterday.  "They left the party  heading to a family's house.....

So it is possible they weren't headed straight home?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tanya-shannon-missing-weekend/story?id=12333697&page=1
Tanya Shannon, Mom of Four Kids, Disappears After Holiday Party
Authorities Have Found Shannon's Deceased Husband and Their Crashed Car
December 7, 2010

"She and her husband were at a company Christmas party Saturday night. They left the party heading to a family's house and on the way had a traffic-related accident in which Mr. Shannon was killed," Templeton told ABC News. "From the evidence that we've seen, Shannon was able to get out of the vehicle and go up to the roadway."

Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2010, 10:42:25 AM »

Additionally, we had 7 inches of snow that Saturday.  Though it had quit snowing by that time that area is known to drift terribly.
The road they were on would be a long way home, but plowed vs. the more direct routes that are not plowed.
I have done some research on the cell phone reception and talked to a friend in Morris IL.
Sprint and AT&T have horrible service in that whole region.
Verizon is better, but still very spotty.
I have no links..........just empirical reporting.
Tol
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2010, 10:43:08 AM »

This was in one of the pressers released yesterday.  "They left the party  heading to a family's house.....

December 7, 2010

"She and her husband were at a company Christmas party Saturday night. They left the party heading to a family's house and on the way had a traffic-related accident in which Mr. Shannon was killed," Templeton told ABC News. "From the evidence that we've seen, Shannon was able to get out of the vehicle and go up to the roadway."

maybe to pick the kids up? had family watch them while they were at the party?
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2010, 10:44:01 AM »

My question is who was driving?
Tanya's foot prints led from the driver's side.  But I understood Dale was in the driver's seat.  Did she crawl over him to exit?
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 10:48:47 AM »

This article says Dale was found 'behind the wheel'.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/08/officials-suspend-search-northern-illinois-mom/
RANSOM, Ill. –  Authorities in northern Illinois have suspended their search for a 40-year-old mother of four who disappeared after a weekend car crash that killed her husband.

Tanya Shannon was last seen leaving a friend's holiday party. The deputy who discovered the car wreck in LaSalle County early Sunday found Shannon's 41-year-old husband, Dale, dead behind the wheel and footprints leading away from the car.

But for a slipper found near the vehicle, no sign of Shannon has been seen since, despite the efforts of dozens who have been scouring the area.

Authorities suspended the ground search for Shannon Tuesday evening. Sheriff Tom Templeton says the investigation will continue as a missing person case until the weather warms up.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 10:53:18 AM »

December 7, 2010

Thanks that makes sense.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 02:23:21 PM »

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/tanya-shannon-dale-crash-lasalle-county-mom-missing-vanished-search-suspended-20101208

Search for Mom Missing After Car Crash Suspended

Updated: Wednesday, 08 Dec 2010, 12:06 PM CST
Published : Wednesday, 08 Dec 2010, 8:31 AM CST

FOX Chicago News

Chicago - The search for a missing mother of four who is believed to have survived a car crash in LaSalle County has been suspended.

Police said that they will resume the search for Tanya Shannon when the weather improves and the ice that is blanketing the rural area melts.

The 40-year-old was last seen leaving a party with her husband early Sunday morning.

Their crashed car was later found with her husband, Dale, dead behind the wheel.

Footprints led investigators away from the crash scene and a slipper was found, but so far there's been no sign of her.

Shannon's cell phone was in the car, but her husband's phone is missing. Investigators say they have picked up a signal from it and hope it may lead them to her.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 02:47:45 PM »

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/tanya-shannon-dale-crash-lasalle-county-mom-missing-vanished-search-suspended-20101208

FOX Chicago News

Chicago - The search for a missing mother of four who is believed to have survived a car crash in LaSalle County has been suspended.

Police said that they will resume the search for Tanya Shannon when the weather improves and the ice that is blanketing the rural area melts.

The 40-year-old was last seen leaving a party with her husband early Sunday morning.

Their crashed car was later found with her husband, Dale, dead behind the wheel.

Footprints led investigators away from the crash scene and a slipper was found, but so far there's been no sign of her.

Shannon's cell phone was in the car, but her husband's phone is missing. Investigators say they have picked up a signal from it and hope it may lead them to her.

I have theorized since the getgo that Tanya began walking along the rural road but when no vehicles happened by ... she diverted in an attempt to reach a farmhouse for assisted but exhaustion took over.  I believe her body may be covered with snow.

I have not read in any on-line article that dogs are being used in the search.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2010, 03:47:13 PM »

FOX Chicago News

I have theorized since the getgo that Tanya began walking along the rural road but when no vehicles happened by ... she diverted in an attempt to reach a farmhouse for assisted but exhaustion took over.  I believe her body may be covered with snow.

Janet

BBM

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/07/illinois.accident.mystery/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn
Illinois man dies in crash; wife leaves car, vanishes
December 7, 2010
(snip)
"Search and rescue operations have so far involved dogs and aircraft from the Illinois State Police, along with more than 50 searchers, according to WGN and the sheriff's office. The search was set to resume at 9 a.m. Tuesday, the sheriff's office said." (snip)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-lasalle-crash-1207-20101206,0,2763848.story
Woman disappears from car crash that kills husband
LaSalle County search fails to discover her whereabouts
December 6, 2010
(snip)
"About 50 people, two dogs and a fixed-wing plane spent Monday combing rural Brookfield Township for Tanya Shannon, a mother of four from Ransom, a town of about 400 people nearly 50 miles southwest of Joliet" (snip)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1336298/Missing-womans-footprints-snow-car-crash-killed-husband.html?ITO=1490
Mystery as woman who survived car crash that killed her husband disappears... leaving footprints and a single shoe in the snow
December 7, 2010

Hunt: Rescue workers' efforts are being hampered by the weather but they are continuing the search for the mother-of-four

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 03:49:06 PM »

FOX Chicago News

Janet

BBM

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/07/illinois.accident.mystery/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn
December 7, 2010
(snip)
"Search and rescue operations have so far involved dogs and aircraft from the Illinois State Police, along with more than 50 searchers, according to WGN and the sheriff's office. The search was set to resume at 9 a.m. Tuesday, the sheriff's office said." (snip)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-lasalle-crash-1207-20101206,0,2763848.story
December 6, 2010
(snip)
"About 50 people, two dogs and a fixed-wing plane spent Monday combing rural Brookfield Township for Tanya Shannon, a mother of four from Ransom, a town of about 400 people nearly 50 miles southwest of Joliet" (snip)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1336298/Missing-womans-footprints-snow-car-crash-killed-husband.html?ITO=1490
Mystery as woman who survived car crash that killed her husband disappears... leaving footprints and a single shoe in the snow
December 7, 2010

Hunt: Rescue workers' efforts are being hampered by the weather but they are continuing the search for the mother-of-four

so dogs can smell thru snow right, like under it?  Monkey Devil! totally blonde question but i wanna double check here..
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 03:49:52 PM »

I hope Tanya Shannon can be found soon. 

OT  Hi FannyMae!  Welcome back!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2010, 03:51:47 PM »

Thanks MuffyBee.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2010, 03:53:54 PM »

FOX Chicago News

Janet

BBM

December 7, 2010
(snip)

December 6, 2010
(snip)

December 7, 2010

so dogs can smell thru snow right, like under it?  Monkey Devil! totally blonde question but i wanna double check here..

I don't really under stand the Monkey Devil! in your post ScareyCarrie.  I don't think it's all that funny, but it's a valid question.  And the answer is yes.  Just google "can search and rescue dogs find people under snow?" and you will find links and information. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2010, 04:03:34 PM »

Thanks MuffyBee.

Janet

YW, Janet. 

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2010, 04:14:23 PM »

i was laughing at my self for asking such a silly question muffy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.