April 19, 2024, 07:14:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illinois man dies in crash; wife(Tanya Shannon) leaves car, vanishes(BODYFOUND)  (Read 42162 times)
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2010, 08:58:28 AM »

http://mywebtimes.com/archives/ottawa/display.php?id=420208

Dale Shannon, the Ransom man killed in a single-vehicle crash outside Grand Ridge Dec. 5, had a blood alcohol concentration of .266, more than three times the state's legal limit, according to a toxicology report released Thursday.

The BAC level contradicts earlier reports from family and friends that Dale was not drinking that night. Shannon's wife, Tanya, was believed to be in the vehicle with Dale Shannon at the time of the crash, but she has yet to be found.

The autopsy report, provided by the La Salle County Coroner's Office, also confirmed Dale Shannon's cause of death as "cervical spinal injuries due to a motor vehicle striking a fixed object." He was found dead behind the wheel of a 2001 Dodge Neon. The rear of the vehicle crumpled against an electrical pole, breaking his neck. Investigators have said Shannon, 41, was not wearing a seat belt.

The couple was reportedly coming from a company Christmas party at the Streator Knights of Columbus Hall and headed toward a family gathering in Seneca before the crash.

Authorities have said evidence found at the site indicates Tanya Shannon was in the car at the time of the crash and walked away under her own power. After days of searching last week with ground and air crews, no trace of the missing mother of four girls has been uncovered. No plans to resume the search have been announced.

Edit to change full post in blue to black.  MBTolerance-  Please use black to make posts.  Using blue or another color for a full post is difficult for some that read here.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8844.0
12. Please don't use colors in your posts. (snip)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:24:16 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2010, 09:09:33 AM »

That's borderline dead....   been there.....

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2010, 01:48:47 PM »

How sad for these children on so many levels.  Now all the ins and outs of the parents' marriage will be spread across the news.
May Shannon be found soon!

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »

I agree with you Sister. Don't know why all this had to come out now. I think they are going to find Tanya in a snow bank and what is any of this going to matter than.

2 4 1
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2010, 09:11:09 AM »

Muffy or other mod..........I apologize for the color error.  What is the best way to show that what I am posting is a copy/paste?
Thanks you for the help and guidence.
Tolerance
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2010, 09:50:50 AM »

Muffy or other mod..........I apologize for the color error.  What is the best way to show that what I am posting is a copy/paste?
Thanks you for the help and guidence.
Tolerance

Tol - There's no need to highlight to indicate "copy and paste", just be sure to include a link for any articles/items/references brought to Scared Monkeys. You can possibly also say something like "in this article..."  Highlighting/bolding can be used to accentuate a particular word or sentence in a post, but we ask that the entire post not be done in color because we've had some posters with vision issues say it's difficult or uncomfortable for them to read.  If you highlight a word or phrase, please use colors other than red or maroon, which are reserved for admin/mods. Also, if you copy and paste and snip an article, please be certain you show it's snipped and the link should still be included.

My suggestion is if you do copy and paste and include the link, but want to have some of your own words above or below the article you're posting, you can go down a couple of spaces and start your words.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 09:52:35 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2010, 09:38:13 AM »

I get it.
Thank you so much, Muffy!!
Pat
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2010, 12:11:18 PM »

snipped from: http://mywebtimes.com/archives/ottawa/display.php?id=420208

Dale Shannon, the Ransom man killed in a single-vehicle crash outside Grand Ridge Dec. 5, had a blood alcohol concentration of .266, more than three times the state's legal limit, according to a toxicology report released Thursday.

The BAC level contradicts earlier reports from family and friends that Dale was not drinking that night. Shannon's wife, Tanya, was believed to be in the vehicle with Dale Shannon at the time of the crash, but she has yet to be found.

Something isn't sitting right with me on this one. Unless they got this guys blood test mixed up with someone else at the hospital/lab, then someone (MORE THAN ONE) is lying...why?? He's dead....why would they need to say he wasn't drinking? Other things disturb me, but I can't explain it.

SNIPPED FROM link above:
The couple was reportedly coming from a company Christmas party at the Streator Knights of Columbus Hall and headed toward a family gathering in Seneca before the crash.

Map from Knights of Columbus Hall (1st party) to Seneca...where they were going to drop by a house party
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=806%20Oakley%20Avenue%2C%20Streator%2C%20IL%20to%20Seneca%2C%20IL

The map explains why they were up in that area, but doesn't explain so many other things.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 12:20:06 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2010, 01:56:06 AM »

Nut, something hasn't been sitting right with me almost from the beginning.   Then they released the car pictures.  How can a car spin out of control because of snow and end up in that condition.  Then the info about the divorce filing and the he doesn't drink but he was triple the limit.  And now there's virtually no information, no private searches, no family on tv.  LE must know a whole lot more about this than they're disclosing.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2010, 09:13:44 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local/illinois&id=7848521
Video
Records show missing mom had filed for divorce
December 17 2010

December 16, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Court records show that a missing LaSalle County woman had filed for divorce from her late husband, but officials say her husband was never served the divorce papers.

Tanya Shannon, 40, disappeared December 5. Investigators think she and her husband were driving home from a holiday party when their car crashed. Dale Shannon died.
A downstate newspaper reported the Dale Shannon's blood-alcohol level was more than three times the legal limit.

Police found footprints in the snow leading away from the car, but they have not located Tanya Shannon.

According to court documents, she had accused her husband of mental cruelty. The Shannons have four daughters. A paternal aunt and uncle have filed a petition for guardianship.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2010, 09:47:08 AM »

I think she had a hand in his death in some way.  The divorce did it for me.  I thought it hinky she walked a few steps and was gone but then more info came in...I dunno.  I'm with the poster who said she's either in the snow or got a ride from someone willing to help.  I think it would be just too weird to say it was an accident, she walked off and then got a ride from a random killer.  Too much would have to align for that to happen, IMO!  I think she will pop up and then say she had memory loss, say they were gonna work on the marriage or she wasn't going to go through with the divorce and then file for his ins benefits if he had any. 
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2010, 02:09:46 PM »

Nut, something hasn't been sitting right with me almost from the beginning.   Then they released the car pictures.  How can a car spin out of control because of snow and end up in that condition.  Then the info about the divorce filing and the he doesn't drink but he was triple the limit.  And now there's virtually no information, no private searches, no family on tv.  LE must know a whole lot more about this than they're disclosing.

My ex worked for a wrecker and my dad was a fireman. Both saw cars end up like this. I do not think that the position of the car was the set up. I am starting to think that she got him drunk and caused the accident to happen. I am not sure if she planned for him to die, but I do think she planned for him to be drunk and have something happen.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2010, 05:12:51 PM »

My ex worked for a wrecker and my dad was a fireman. Both saw cars end up like this. I do not think that the position of the car was the set up. I am starting to think that she got him drunk and caused the accident to happen. I am not sure if she planned for him to die, but I do think she planned for him to be drunk and have something happen.
I will take the words of the experts on this Smile.  I didn't think it was a set up, per se, but looked more like it was intentionally driven into that pole.  It all seems to be so off.
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2010, 05:19:20 PM »

I think she had a hand in his death in some way.  The divorce did it for me.  I thought it hinky she walked a few steps and was gone but then more info came in...I dunno.  I'm with the poster who said she's either in the snow or got a ride from someone willing to help.  I think it would be just too weird to say it was an accident, she walked off and then got a ride from a random killer.  Too much would have to align for that to happen, IMO!  I think she will pop up and then say she had memory loss, say they were gonna work on the marriage or she wasn't going to go through with the divorce and then file for his ins benefits if he had any. 
Going with your thoughts, what if she was planning to do something, was actually in the process of setting it up and the accident truly was an accident.  I am so all over the place on this one, my pea brain needs more information .  Or maybe my subconscious needs it to be more than a simple, tragic accident so there's no chance of her being out there in the elements.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2010, 01:50:20 PM »

http://www.newstrib.com/articles/news/nci/default.asp?article=24997&aname=Relatives+gain+guardianship+of+missing+mom%27s+children
Relatives gain guardianship of missing mom's children
December 23, 2010

The sister and brother of a Ransom man killed in a Dec. 5 accident — from which a passenger, the man’s wife, remains missing — have been awarded temporary custody of four children.
Donna M. Baker and Duane A. Shannon were granted co-guardianship of the daughters of Dale and Tanya Shannon in a Tuesday hearing in La Salle County Circuit Court, according to court records.
The order was entered with no opposition or objection from Tanya’s sister, Corrine Johnson, who also was present at the hearing.
Judge Eugene P. Daugherity awarded Baker and Duane Shannon custody of the girls, ages 4-15, and also gave them “the right to control the disposition” of Dale Shannon’s remains.
Dale and Tanya Shannon last were seen together at a Dec. 4 Christmas party in Streator, which they left between 11:30 p.m. Saturday and 12:30 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 5.
At 1:45 a.m., a La Salle County sheriff’s deputy discovered Tanya’s car in a snowy ditch, smashed rear-first into a utility pole six miles north of Ransom.
Dale Shannon, 41, was dead behind the wheel with a spinal injury. Toxicology results released later showed a blood-alcohol content more than three times the legal limit.
Tanya Shannon, 40, was nowhere to be found. Officers found one of her slippers outside the car and footprints in the snow. Extensive searches of the area have been fruitless and she remains missing.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and the four Shannon children during this difficult time, over the holidays.   an angelic monkey

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2010, 06:29:24 AM »

Created: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 5:00 a.m.
Case of missing woman remains 'mystery'

OTTAWA, Ill. — La Salle County Sheriff Tom Templeton has never had another case like that of the Ransom woman who is still missing, presumably somewhere in Brookfield Township.

“It’s my first case that’s this much of a mystery,” the veteran lawman said Tuesday of Tanya Shannon, 41, who disappeared almost a month ago after her husband — with whom she was apparently riding with — was killed when his car went off the road and slammed into a utility pole in Brookfield Township.

A patrolling La Salle County Sheriff’s deputy found the husband, Dale E. Shannon, 40, of Ransom, dead in his vehicle on the Mazon-Grand Ridge Road at about 1:45 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 5. Authorities attributed his death to a broken neck in the crash.

His wife was apparently riding with him, as her high heeled shoes were found in the car. She may have donned into slipper-type shoes instead, as footprints led from the driver’s door through the roadside ditch and up to the highway, where one slipper-shoe was found.

The incident occurred almost across from La Salle Generating Station in zero temperatures. The couple, parents to four daughters, had left a Christmas party in Streator, and were reportedly headed to the home of a relative in Seneca.

Templeton said teams of searchers and trained dogs scoured the area on foot, in vehicles and by aircraft for several days until zero temperatures put a halt to the hunt.

He said Tuesday the investigation into her disappearance is continuing, but that any physical search is being put off until the weather breaks.

“We’re just waiting to see what the weather actually does,” he said of the drifts of snow and ice in the fields and filling the drainage ditches. “We’re taking it day by day, and if we can, we’ll get back out on the search.”

Templeton doesn’t know what to think of the case by now. He visited the site of the accident during search efforts again on Sunday, Dec. 26, and noted the ditches were full of snow once more.

“I hear a lot of ideas of what might have happened," he said. "But, there’s not that many people calling in (his department) anymore. There’s not many media calls now. It was pretty much a frenzy to begin with.”

Templeton hopes she will be found "some time or another."

“We won’t close the case,” he said. “We can’t do that. We’ll continue with it as an open case and follow the leads as they come in.”

There is no time limit to leaving a case open, Templeton said, recalling the 1970s incident in which the foot tracks of a La Salle attorney’s teenage son led to the water’s edge in the nearby river, but the youth or his body is yet to be found.

“That case is still open,” the sheriff noted. “Cases can stay open indefinitely. There’s no rules against it.”

Those who wish to contribute toward the welfare of the four daughters, who are being cared for by relatives, may do so at Jerry's Tap in Ransom.
http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/articles/2010/12/28/85772886/index.xml

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2010, 03:27:16 PM »

http://www.kwqc.com/Global/story.asp?S=1753309
Warm weather may help in search for missing woman
December 29, 2010

RANSOM, Ill. (AP) - Authorities in LaSalle County are hoping unseasonably warm weather will allow them to continue their search for a 40-year-old woman who's been missing since a car crash that killed her husband.

Tanya Shannon's husband, Dale Shannon, died after their car hit a light pole while the couple was heading home from a holiday party on Dec. 5. Deputies found footprints in the snow leading away from the car, and searchers braved the cold for days in hopes of finding the Ransom woman.

Now, the forecast calls for temperatures to warm up into the 50s by Friday.

Sheriff Tom Templeton tells WSPL Radio that he wants to see what actually happens with the weather before deciding to resume the search. Templeton also says there are no developments in the case.

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2010, 02:41:20 AM »

OTTAWA, Ill. — La Salle County Sheriff Tom Templeton has never had another case like that of the Ransom woman who is still missing, presumably somewhere in Brookfield Township.

“It’s my first case that’s this much of a mystery,” the veteran lawman said Tuesday of Tanya Shannon, 41, who disappeared almost a month ago after her husband — with whom she was apparently riding with — was killed when his car went off the road and slammed into a utility pole in Brookfield Township.

A patrolling La Salle County Sheriff’s deputy found the husband, Dale E. Shannon, 40, of Ransom, dead in his vehicle on the Mazon-Grand Ridge Road at about 1:45 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 5. Authorities attributed his death to a broken neck in the crash.

His wife was apparently riding with him, as her high heeled shoes were found in the car. She may have donned into slipper-type shoes instead, as footprints led from the driver’s door through the roadside ditch and up to the highway, where one slipper-shoe was found.

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.  Isn't this new, I don't recall them confirming being able to track her footprints before.  I recall them saying there was too much snow to do a complete (my phrasing, don't recall exactly their phrasing) and proper search and they'd have to wait for a thaw.  It would lend more credence to the theory that she either took off on her own or was taken off.  It also does nothing to temper the feeling that something is way off on this one.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2010, 09:32:57 AM »

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.  Isn't this new, I don't recall them confirming being able to track her footprints before.  I recall them saying there was too much snow to do a complete (my phrasing, don't recall exactly their phrasing) and proper search and they'd have to wait for a thaw.  It would lend more credence to the theory that she either took off on her own or was taken off.  It also does nothing to temper the feeling that something is way off on this one.
If she was a passenger I don't understand the foot prints leading away from the driver's door.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2010, 10:09:08 AM »

4 Donks,
This troubles me as well.  It was the first thing I said.  What did she do?  Crawl over her dead or dying husband? 
This is all so weird.
Those poor poor children..........
Tol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.