April 23, 2024, 11:34:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teens Bailey Meola & Sydney Schumacher from Seattle, WA Still Missing in Nepal Believed dead  (Read 2809 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: April 29, 2015, 02:24:17 PM »

19 Year Old Bailey Meola & Sydney Schumacher from Seattle, WA Still Missing in Nepal Trekking the Langtang Valley Trail

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2015/04/29/19-year-old-bailey-meola-sydney-schumacher-from-seattle-wa-still-missing-in-nepal-trekking-the-langtang-valley-trail/

Two teens from Seattle, Washington, 19 year old Bailey Meola and Sydney Schumacher, have been missing since April 25, 2015 in Nepal. According to the family, an anthropologist reported seeing the two on April 24, just one day before a 7.8 earthquake hit Nepal and aftershocks destroyed nearby villages.  The two girls had been trekking the Langtang Valley trail; however, on Tuesday, the family received news that the girls are not in the village, Kyanjin Gumba, where it had been reported that there were no known survivors.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 02:26:45 PM »

2 Seattle teens among missing in Nepal after devastating earthquake

http://q13fox.com/2015/04/28/seattle-teens-among-the-missing-in-nepal-after-devastating-earthquake/

The death toll from the earthquake in Nepal has risen to more than 4,600 — and many more people are unaccounted for, including two teens from Seattle.

The Meola and Schumacher families are staying optimistic that they will find their 19-year-old daughters, Bailey Meola and Sydney Schumacher.

The two girls had been trekking the Langtang trail. On Tuesday, they got news that the girls are not in the village, Kyanjin Gumba, where there are known survivors.

The teens had just graduated from Garfield High School and were taking an around-the-world trip, with a stop in Nepal.

The family said an anthropologist reported seeing the two on April 24, just one day before a 7.8 earthquake hit Nepal and aftershocks destroyed villages nearby.

“I think you caught me at a low moment, but it`s very hard to wait and be so helpless,” said Diane Schumacher, Sydney’s mother.

One of the villages wiped out is Langtang, right near the girls’ last known campsite, according to the family.

Schumacher just received word that her daughter isn`t in Kyanjin Gumba, where there are known survivors and the family had hoped the girls took cover.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 01:33:49 PM »

http://www.seattleglobalist.com/2015/05/15/bailey-meola-sydney-schumacher-nepal-quake/37238

May 15, 2015

Bailey Meola and Sydney Schumacher, two Seattle backpackers who were in Nepal when the devastating 7.8 earthquake hit in April, are now believed to have died, their families announced on Thursday.

The women, both 19, were hiking along the Langtang Valley Trek when the earthquake hit the region on April 25, killing at least 8,000 people. Meola and Schumacher, recent Garfield High School graduates, have not been heard from since. Two weeks later, the area was hit with another 7.3 earthquake.

The families launched an online campaign to raise money for a search, and family members traveled to Nepal to look for them

“When Sydney’s brothers, Will and Paul, searched the entirety of the trek, and saw the immense and unfathomable destruction and devastation, it was clear that there was no chance our girls had survived,” the families wrote in a joint statement posted on Indiegogo. “Although our strong desire has been to hear final confirmation from the US Embassy, and to receive our girls’ remains, we haven’t, and may never.”

The families thanked their supporters, who contributed more than $50,000. The families said that the money contributed would be used “to aid the people & economy of the Langtang Valley region in the names of our beautiful daughters.”
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 01:49:35 PM »

thank you for this follow-up Nut

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.