April 25, 2024, 12:34:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coast Guard Search off Florida coast for Missing Father and 3 Teenage Children  (Read 1142 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: June 23, 2016, 07:24:39 AM »

Coast Guard Search off the coast of Englewood, Florida for Missing Father and his Three Teenage Children

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2016/06/22/coast-guard-searched-off-the-coast-of-englewood-florida-for-missing-father-and-his-three-teenage-children/

MISSING AT SEA …

A father and his three teenage children, ages 13, 15 and 17 have been missing since Sunday, June 19, 2016 when their 29 foot sailboat disappeared off the Englewood coast. The family was on a trip from Sarasota to Fort Myers. During the trip the father called his brother and said they were in 6 foot seas. Abord the boat was the father, his 13 and 15-year-old teenage sons, and 17-year-old teenage daughter. They were last heard from Sunday morning and the  boat never made it to its destination.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 07:29:08 AM »

Coast Guard finds body during search for missing family off Florida coast

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/22/us/missing-florida-father-teens-coast-guard-search/

The U.S. Coast Guard says it found a body wearing a personal floatation device in an area where searchers are looking for a father and his three teenage children who disappeared while sailing off the coast of southwestern Florida, Coast Guard Capt. Gregory Case told reporters Wednesday.

However, it was not immediately clear that the deceased person was a member of the missing family, Case said.

The body that was recovered by helicopter was being transported to local authorities for a positive identification.
Meanwhile the search for the missing family which was sailing from Sarasota to Fort Myers continues, he said. The sailboat has not been located but searchers recovered two kayaks that the boat was towing, Case said.

Earlier teams discovered other debris associated with the sailboat, including six life jackets. The sailboat had seven life jackets, which had given authorities and the father's wife and brothers hope of a rescue.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 07:18:09 AM »

http://ktla.com/2016/06/25/bodies-found-off-florida-coast-in-search-for-missing-family-idd-as-father-teen-daughter/
Bodies Found Off Florida Coast in Search for Missing Family ID’d as Father, Teen Daughter

Posted 10:46 AM, June 25, 2016, by CNN Wire, Updated at 11:49am, June 25, 2016

Two bodies recovered in the search for a missing Florida family have been identified and rescue crews have ended search operations, Coast Guard Capt. Gregory Case said Saturday.

The bodies were those of Ace Kimberly, 45, and his daughter Becky, 17 — who went missing last weekend along with sons Roger, 13, and Donny, 15, while sailing off the coast of Florida between Sarasota and Fort Myers.

“The two teenage boys are still missing,” Case told reporters.

The five-day rescue operation came to an end Saturday afternoon after more than 100 searches covering nearly 34,000 square miles.

“It is with a heavy heart and sincere condolences to the family and friends that I do this,” Case said. “This is probably the most difficult decision I ever have to make in this position.”

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.