May 23, 2024, 04:04:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD # 23 12/13/10 - 1/17/11  (Read 320619 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #440 on: December 15, 2010, 04:31:49 PM »

Global warming at its best.  I have had to shovel 5 times today so far and it is not supposed to stop till late Thursday evening.  My neighbour who usually ploughs for me is sick with the flu so I took him some chicken soup I made today in the hopes he feels better tomorrow.  High winds, lots of snow and -14 without the wind chill.  Wind supposed to get really strong tonight, I already drove in a white out this morning so not sure what really strong winds mean. 

Wow....   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #441 on: December 15, 2010, 04:31:54 PM »

Global warming at its best.  I have had to shovel 5 times today so far and it is not supposed to stop till late Thursday evening.  My neighbour who usually ploughs for me is sick with the flu so I took him some chicken soup I made today in the hopes he feels better tomorrow.  High winds, lots of snow and -14 without the wind chill.  Wind supposed to get really strong tonight, I already drove in a white out this morning so not sure what really strong winds mean. 
         Northern you are in my prayers!!!! I hope your neighbor gets well tomorrow with your magic chicken soup. Please be careful driving in that stuff.  an angelic monkey

Driving is a breeze as you can not tell where the road stops and the ditch begins.  It is the other drivers I have to worry about.  I think I made some of my own roads this morning when I had to drive in and pick up a prescription for hubby.  It's the drifting across my driveway that is making me crazy as it is about 250 feet long from the house to the road and I have to shovel it out to get the car out.  It drifts back in by the time I hit the road. 
  Bless your heart, I hope you don't have to get back on the road any time soon. I would be so frightened to drive. I would hibernate for winter.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: December 15, 2010, 04:35:38 PM »

Time for Red Velvet Cake with white frosting and CHOCOLATE shavings      

but...what about us?If Muffy gets there first you won't get any cake.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: December 15, 2010, 04:36:59 PM »

Time for Red Velvet Cake with white frosting and CHOCOLATE shavings      

but...what about us?If Muffy gets there first you won't get any cake.   
Haven't eaten it yet, saving some for monkeys. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: December 15, 2010, 04:39:58 PM »

Northern you are in my prayers!!!! I hope your neighbor gets well tomorrow with your magic chicken soup. Please be careful driving in that stuff.  an angelic monkey

Driving is a breeze as you can not tell where the road stops and the ditch begins.  It is the other drivers I have to worry about.  I think I made some of my own roads this morning when I had to drive in and pick up a prescription for hubby.  It's the drifting across my driveway that is making me crazy as it is about 250 feet long from the house to the road and I have to shovel it out to get the car out.  It drifts back in by the time I hit the road. 
  Bless your heart, I hope you don't have to get back on the road any time soon. I would be so frightened to drive. I would hibernate for winter.

I picked up two large tubes of Icy Squares at the drug store and am making twice baked spaghetti for dinner so you are all welcome to join me but bring your own shovels!

I have to shovel again in an hour so daughter can get up to the house from the bus and again in 1/2 hour after that for youngest when he gets home from school.  The way it is coming down I am pretty sure the snow will have covered the umbrella tube in the picture I posted by then. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: December 15, 2010, 04:40:13 PM »

That other link Klaas posted is funny........  walking in my winter underwear. 

~ Peter Frampton
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #446 on: December 15, 2010, 04:42:19 PM »

I picked up two large tubes of Icy Squares at the drug store and am making twice baked spaghetti for dinner so you are all welcome to join me but bring your own shovels!

I have to shovel again in an hour so daughter can get up to the house from the bus and again in 1/2 hour after that for youngest when he gets home from school.  The way it is coming down I am pretty sure the snow will have covered the umbrella tube in the picture I posted by then. 

What are icy squares, pls and thank you????
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: December 15, 2010, 04:54:28 PM »

Nana,thanks for the update on hubby.Be safe.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: December 15, 2010, 04:59:43 PM »

Little squares of melt in your mouth soft chocolate that we only get around Christmas time.  If they get too warm they melt.  They are addictive.  If I have them on hand  I put one in the kids hot chocolate when they come home from school.  They are almost like chocolate truffle in a cube. 

http://www.regalcandy.com/pages/display.php?i=moritz&n=Moritz%20Icy%20Square
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: December 15, 2010, 05:05:32 PM »

My grandmother made red velvet cake for me back in the 70's for my birthdays.

(I am getting old!)

Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #450 on: December 15, 2010, 05:12:51 PM »

Oh, I want ice squares! and I want Red Velvet Cake.
It was my father's favorite (way back when) and today is his birthday.
RIP, my dear father.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: December 15, 2010, 05:17:46 PM »

RIP, my dear father.

RIP Tol's father.

Notice I brought enough cake for us all Wink

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: December 15, 2010, 05:21:18 PM »

Bye Monkeys, I am whooped. Didn't even have time to eat my cake. Will wrap it and put it in the fridge. See ya laters taters.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #453 on: December 15, 2010, 05:30:33 PM »

RIP, my dear father.
an angelic monkey  HUGS to you.  I love red velvet cake, I love any cake     Nana so glad to hear about your husband. Northern don't work too hard, and stay safe  an angelic monkey
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #454 on: December 15, 2010, 05:32:15 PM »

hi everyone..
Klaas...53 degrees would be a heat wave for us in Illinois!

4donks...your puppy is so cute! thanks for posting the picture...

JSM..are u and your new hubs going to spend Christmas and New Years together?
so glad that you have each other in your lives....
Rosie...how are u doing?? is Dad still living on his own since he left your house?

have a good night all...now that I am caught up again, it is time for me to hit the hay...
talk with you all tomorrow...xxxx
Not Christmas, but I will be in Chicago New Years Eve!!!! 

JSM   - you better tell your hubby to get you some Cuddl Duds    

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: December 15, 2010, 06:10:53 PM »

Went to shovel a path for the kids and my neighbour with the plow blade came over to let me know the soup made him feel better and he would come after dinner to do the whole drive for me.  I can not even get into my garage right now as there is a 5 - 6 foot drift blocking the entire big door.                      
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #456 on: December 15, 2010, 06:26:07 PM »

Went to shovel a path for the kids and my neighbour with the plow blade came over to let me know the soup made him feel better and he would come after dinner to do the whole drive for me.  I can not even get into my garage right now as there is a 5 - 6 foot drift blocking the entire big door.                      

EEK Northern Rose That is good news your neighbor is going to plow for you. Hope you have good evening.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: December 15, 2010, 06:35:01 PM »

Little squares of melt in your mouth soft chocolate that we only get around Christmas time.  If they get too warm they melt.  They are addictive.  If I have them on hand  I put one in the kids hot chocolate when they come home from school.  They are almost like chocolate truffle in a cube. 

http://www.regalcandy.com/pages/display.php?i=moritz&n=Moritz%20Icy%20Square

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: December 15, 2010, 06:36:34 PM »

My grandmother made red velvet cake for me back in the 70's for my birthdays.

(I am getting old!)

I am having my red velvet cake tomorrow for breakfast.

That was sweet your grandmother made you red velvet cake for your birthdays. Mine always made popcorn cake for Christmas. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: December 15, 2010, 06:37:51 PM »

RIP, my dear father.
  an angelic monkey Dear Tolerance may your father RIP and if I could send you my cake, I would.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.