April 16, 2024, 09:38:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: White Privilege Never Lived On Main Street  (Read 1587 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 13, 2010, 05:54:59 AM »

How often in the news these days do we read of white folks (students, workers, politicians) being accused of 'white privilege'?  I recall that recently, white students were forced to sign papers acknowledging being the recipients of 'white privilege'. 

I didn't read about a process that carefully screened the students based on family income, social status, welfare status, or any number of other factors.  The only factor that seemed to come into play was skin color, or maybe self identification based on 'voluntary' race questions that seem to be every where and on every form as mandated by the government. 

Is that racist? Is it acceptable to single anyone out based on race?  Force them to sign something and hold their degree hostage if they don't? 

I think the sister of 'white privilege' is 'minority entitlement'.  If they're holding the degree's of some students hostage for the 'white privilege' statement, did they have a similar requirement for nonwhites? 

Did nonwhites have to sign a statement regarding 'minority entitlement'?  Implicating that they only have what they have due to 'minority entitlement'?  What kind of outrage would there be if that was also a requirement? 

What exactly did any of these students do to earn that honor?  Have parents that worked two jobs?  Moved to better neighborhoods to ensure their children went to better schools?

How exactly does one get ahead today?  No jobs = no opportunity for a better life?  For anyone?  Those willing to work hard have no advantage anymore?  Regardless of race?

Where exactly are those that benefit from 'white privilege'?  I don't see them on Main Street.

Folks on Main Street have always suffered from unemployment, job loss, poverty, foreclosure...being white has never been a guarantee of prosperity.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 06:05:19 AM »

This month has been a replay of WW II history on TV.  Some shows focus on the military, other on the holocaust and the destruction of the Jewish, ethnic minorities, and others.

Jews were called dirty, money hungry, and there are all kinds of horrible things. There ae lots of pictures of Jews forced to wear signs with horrible messages, degraded in public, businesses/homes destroyed and looted. 

Were these horrible people?  Bad people?  Criminals?  Or, were they victims of a horrible regime? 

This month, I was reminded about those horrible signs Jews were forced to wear, and the 'white privilege' accusations being forced on Americans that are white.  Every time I read about any people being labeled with 'white privilege' or being forced to sign confessions about 'white privilege' while their degrees are being held hostage, I am reminded of those Jews.

How many of those Jews were just average people, working day and day, to feed, cloth, and house a family?  Average?  Below average?  For some reason, all ills of the day were foisted on the backs of those innocent people from the Jewish Main Street of their day.

Where does privilege live in America?  Is it limited to white folks?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 06:23:44 AM »

I heard someone say the other day something like "I never would have thought to go to the Federal Reserve for a loan."  I can't imagine anyone in my little world getting a loan, or money from the Federal Reserve bank.

Historically, how varied is the customer base of that bank?  How much does each of their customers have in total? 

What percentage of their customers go belly up and how much do they owe?

How does the Federal Reserve recover in bankruptcy court?  For some reason, I don't ever remember hearing the Fed ever recovers anything.  Ever files.  Ever let's anyone know folks in bankruptcy court owe money.

How much is the Fed holding in unrecoverable debt?  Why?

Is the historical face of the Fed white?

Does the Fed have a history of bailing out union/government pension funds?  Or, is that a recent development due to Obama?  The face of privilege is now multiracial?

How many little people, workers on Main Street, workers with all skin colors would ever think of going to the Fed for a loan?  Ever get a loan, file bankruptcy?  Never pay it back?

Where is Eric Holder?

Speculation only - If the Fed was giving money to entities, historically they started defaulting, and the Fed never recovered, who pays for that bad money?  Over time, does the bad money just snow ball?  Become unsustainable? 

Was imaginary money from the Fed the Obama miracle for America?  Just keep the presses going?  Obamacash, supplied by the Fed for Obama's 'friends'?

If you're not one of his 'friends' you must be an enemy, and therefore undeserving of everything except taxes/regulation/fees/higher prices.

The ultimate tax on working/saving Americans?  You on Main Street didn't deserve it anyway, Obama's special interests do. 

I think the private Federal Reserve bank plays by different rules and for some reason doesn't get audited or have to subject themselves to any kind of 'stress' test for solvency.

Where does 'privilege' really live?  Main Street?  Wall Street?  Congress?  White House?

just my humble opinions

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 06:30:12 AM »

I think most people would look at how the Jews were treated, and consider it abuse, genocide, horrible treatment...

I think labeling folks with 'white privilege' and making them sign confessions, and holding their degrees hostage is abusive.  Is it done for a good reason?  To increase their self esteem?

Where does privilege really live in America?  What color is the face of privilege in the age of Obama?  What color is the face of privilege?

I don't think 'privilege' comes with a race assignment.  It think privilege in America lives on Wall Street and in private banks that control our money and never see the light of day.  No oversight, just generational poverty for Main Street, a creeping poverty and destruction of savings and wealth for the little people, unlimited access to free/cheap money for the elite on Wall Street.

Who gets the biggest entitlement in America? 

Just my humble opinions.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 07:37:16 AM »

How many of the new students at elite eastern universities come from common Main Street families?  That happen to also be white?

If you subtracted the new students that are the legacies, the children of alum, the family and friends of alum, how many are left?

Are they admitted by race in the same number as the race of student that applied?  Does the school admit students in numbers that do not reflect the racial composition of those that applied?

How many are non-minorities, from common Main Street backgrounds? 

Do all commoners receive the same kind of financial aid package?  Does race seem to play key in financial aid packaged awarded by the elite schools?

I would imagine that somewhere, somehow, government/taxpayer money is used by these elite institutions.  Doesn't Eric Holder wonder about how racial statistics play out at these institutions?  Maybe it's part of their contract?  Maybe for some reason, it's excluded?

Why are racial statistics and manipulating them seemingly the $$$ focus of the DOJ...but only in some circumstance?

just my humble opinions

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.