April 18, 2024, 05:16:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BODY COUNT 11 (1 child) on Long Island beaches NY (6 ID'd)  (Read 94857 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2011, 08:34:43 AM »

None known of. Prostitutes were his victims of choice. He did use plastic bags for disposal on a couple of occasions.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2011, 08:38:28 AM »

Good site for Rifkin info
http://the-night-stalker.tumblr.com/post/4420344844/joel-rifkin-new-yorks-worst-serial-murder-case

This book is in my personal collection of Serial Killer reading material...
From The Mouth Of The Monster: The Joel Rifkin Story
By Robert Mladinich

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/long-island-serial-killer-cops-fear-find-bodies/story?id=13373493
Video
Police Hunting Long Island Serial Killer Fear They'll Find More Bodies
FBI Plane With High Tech Cameras and Sonar Joins Manhunt
April 14, 2011

::snipping2::
The gut feeling that there are more bodies hidden along the shores of Long Island has police going to extraordinary lengths to scour the area for remains. The lone road through the area was expected to be closed down for several hours today as an FBI plane with sophisticated cameras and sonar is scheduled to join the search.

Police divers returned to Hemlock Cove for a second day, a body of water near where some of the bodies have been found. Police sources told ABC News that they are searching the cove in the belief that storms that lash the barrier island may have washed evidence, or bodies, into the water.

Searchers on foot are still combing the thick scrub and a WABC chopper today spotted officials taking a large black bag and several canvas bags from the brush and putting them in the back of a truck. Whatever was in the bags had been found in the brush.

Investigative sources also tell ABC News that they are increasingly convinced that they are finding the victims of a serial killer and a second killer.
t was revealed on Tuesday that the serial killer may have dismembered several of his victims, law enforcement authorities have told ABC News. ABC News has also learned that at least one of the victims died by "homicidal asphyxiation," which could mean strangulation or being smothered.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2011, 06:28:24 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20054065-10391695.html
Long Island serial killer: FBI to search for bodies with high-tech aerial imaging
April 14, 2011

"Not natural items" found in latest police searches

The source said during police fly-overs this week, a lot of bags were spotted among debris in the dense vegetation, which investigators want to examine to see if they contain remains.

Investigators are also analyzing the burlap bag packaging that held some of the remains for clues and combing over cell phone records and the internet for any leads. The four identified women were known prostitutes who advertised on the internet.

Investigators using old fashion leg-work and technology are also trying to trace the movements of the four women who have been identified, talking to their family members, friends, anyone involved in the lives of the victims for information they may lead them to their killer.

More than 600 hundreds calls have been received by Nassau and Suffolk detectives even several callers from overseas, offering tips and suggesting strategies for finding the serial killer. Mostly all of the leads are being run to ground, sources said. They are also examining old cases of serial killers to see if a link can be established.

So far there are no active suspects.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2011, 06:31:14 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/14/us-serialkiller-longisland-idUSTRE73D7MY20110414
Amid serial killer search, man recalls woman's cries
April 14, 2011

Authorities believe Shannan Gilbert of New Jersey, who went missing in May 2010, was a victim of a suspected serial killer targeting prostitutes who advertised on Craigslist. They believe she was visiting a male customer in the seaside neighborhood of Oak Beach on Long Island.

Oak Beach resident Gus Colleti, 75, said he saw the terrified girl shortly before she went missing.

"I opened up the door and she just came inside yelling 'Help me, help me, help me,'" Coletti told Reuters.

"She came running to my house screaming for help," he said. "I called the police and she ran out the door."

Shortly after Colleti called police, he said he walked outside to find a man searching for Gilbert.
"He said he was having a party that Gilbert was at and she got upset," he said. "The man said he was trying to get her to come back."

That's when Colleti said he saw Gilbert sprint away from a nearby boat she was hiding under and the man looking for her run after her.

"That's the last I saw of them," he said.

Authorities declined to comment on whether or not the man Colleti saw is a suspect in the case.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2011, 07:17:34 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/official-fbi-eyed-computer-909601.html
Official: FBI eyed computer in serial killer probe
April 14, 2011

A law enforcement official familiar with the Long Island beach probe tells The Associated Press that the FBI searched the laptop belonging to Akeem Cruz of Brooklyn.

The official says Cruz is not a suspect in the prostitutes' disappearance. The official wasn't authorized to speak publicly about the investigation and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity.

Authorities say Cruz was last seen with Megan Waterman at a Long Island hotel last June. Court documents identify him as a pimp who posted advertisements online.

Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2011, 10:15:25 AM »

Wow...this is creepy

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/04/19/the-long-island-murders-yet-another-online-coincidence-or-a-sick-game/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2011, 06:24:40 PM »

http://www.wnyc.org/blogs/wnyc-news-blog/2011/apr/22/long-island-search-uncovers-two-sets-teeth/
WNYC News Blog
Police Uncover Teeth in Search for Evidence on Long Island
Friday, April 22, 2011 - 04:28 PM
By WNYC Newsroom

Police scouring a stretch of Jones Beach in Long Island for human remains and evidence of a possible serial killer discovered two teeth Friday.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2011, 05:38:12 PM »

Police Closing Parkway Monday for Bodies Investigation
http://babylonvillage.patch.com/articles/police-closing-parkway-monday-for-bodies-investigation

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2011, 03:10:37 PM »

DA: At Least 2 Killers Responsible for Bodies Found Along New York Beach

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/09/da-2-killers-responsible-bodies-new-york-beach/

HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. -- A prosecutor says human remains that have been found along a New York beach highway -- including the head of a prostitute missing since 2003 -- are the work of at least two killers.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2011, 03:10:51 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/09/da-2-killers-responsible-bodies-new-york-beach/
DA: At Least 2 Killers Responsible for Bodies Found Along New York Beach
May 9, 2011

HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. -- A prosecutor says human remains that have been found along a New York beach highway -- including the head of a prostitute missing since 2003 -- are the work of at least two killers.
More..

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2011, 03:13:06 PM »

At least 2 killers responsible for Long Island bodies: Suffolk DA

POST WIRE SERVICES
Last Updated: 2:48 PM, May 9, 2011

Human remains that have been found along a New York beach highway — including the head of a prostitute missing since 2003 — are the work of at least two killers, prosecutors said today.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/at_least_killers_responsible_for_mEIMGYuqaAF8phrrlw8ndL#ixzz1Lsruzcvt
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2011, 07:20:13 PM »

Thanks Muffy.  I was reading that today.  This may be very hard to solve.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2011, 03:59:41 PM »

Gilgo Beach murders: Police ID a fifth victim
In a breaking update to the Long Island serial killer case, police announced today that more than one killed is apparently using Long Island barrier beaches as a dumping ground for dead bodies.

Just today, police also identified some of the remains they found in March on the beaches near Gilgo Beach and Jones Beach.

Police identified remains found in March as body parts of Jessica Taylor, a missing prostitute.

In 2003, Taylor's body was found in Manorville, Long Island -- but her head, hands and forearm were missing. It is those missing body parts that police found on March 29 on Ocean Parkway.

DNA linked the two sets of remains together.

snipped photos
http://www.metro.us/newyork/local/article/855279--police-id-a-fifth-victim-in-long-island-killings

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2011, 11:31:12 AM »

RE: the male remains found

Report: DNA to Determine Whether Gilgo Beach Body is of Missing SBU Student
Twenty-year-old Jimmy Tsui vanished near New Hyde Park home in August 1998.
http://threevillage.patch.com/articles/report-dna-to-determine-whether-gilgo-beach-body-is-of-missing-sbu-student

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »

Yimyeung Tsui, 20, Missing 8-26-98 New Hyde Park, NY
http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18155&highlight=TSUI

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2011, 05:27:33 PM »

Authorities release map of remains found in Long Island serial killer case

story at link
http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/authorities-release-map-of-remains-found-long-island-serial-killer-case

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2011, 11:42:23 AM »

Two NYPD cops with history of hooker trouble being eyed in LI killings

By BRAD HAMILTON
Last Updated: 8:02 AM, May 15, 2011
Posted: 1:43 AM, May 15, 2011

Two NYPD cops are being eyed in the Long Island serial slayings after investigators learned they got into trouble for hiring prostitutes while working for the department, according to sources familiar with the probe.

One cop was forced out of the job in the 1990s when his supervisors learned he spent time pursuing hookers and paying street walkers and down-and-out women for sex while he was supposed to be on patrol.

An internal investigation led to his resigning under pressure, one source said.

The other officer still works for the NYPD but was stripped of his gun and badge years ago because he allegedly assaulted a prostitute and got arrested during a sting operation.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/cops_eyed_in_slays_fOv6EUeWKQ9Qdo6bOn5zcJ#ixzz1MR5eIiyL
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2011, 11:50:15 AM »

I would bet anything that these cops knew each other.  This is sickening that it's Law Enforcement that might be involved in these murders.

The cops are getting just as bad as the criminals themselves today.

I have been following the most recent case regarding the two cops that raped the girl who they helped in her house and went back 4 times.  Joe Tacopina is their attorney and he makes me sick to my stomach the things he said about that young girl.  The cops story was so outrageous it's an insult to our intelligence.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2011, 05:10:03 PM »

I would bet anything that these cops knew each other.  This is sickening that it's Law Enforcement that might be involved in these murders.

The cops are getting just as bad as the criminals themselves today.

I have been following the most recent case regarding the two cops that raped the girl who they helped in her house and went back 4 times.  Joe Tacopina is their attorney and he makes me sick to my stomach the things he said about that young girl.  The cops story was so outrageous it's an insult to our intelligence.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.