March 28, 2024, 03:30:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BODY COUNT 11 (1 child) on Long Island beaches NY (6 ID'd)  (Read 94162 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 08:13:46 AM »

Sharp-eyed cop found 5th set of human remains on L.I. beach that may be serial killer dumping ground
BY Matthew Lysiak AND John Lauinger
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 5:42 PM
 fifth set of human remains found on a remote Long Island beach was discovered by a sharp-eyed cop who was scanning dunes from an oceanfront highway, police said Wednesday.

The windswept barrier island on Long Island's south shore is believed to be a serial killer's dumping ground, and the case took on a new level of mystery with the latest find.

snipped..http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/03/30/2011-03-30_sharpeyed_cop_found_5th_set_of_human_remains_on_li_beach_that_may_be_serial_kill.html

Remains at Gilgo Beach NOT Shannan Gilbert
Last modified: March 31, 2011 12:52 p.m.
BREAKING: The remains found at Gilgo Beach are not those of missing woman Shannan Gilbert, Suffolk County police announced just moments ago.

Homicide police informed Gilbert's family this morning, who told Metro yesterday they tried to remain positive, but feared the worst after a fifth body was discovered on Gilgo Beach.

snipped from

http://www.metro.us/newyork/local/article/819701--remains-at-gilgo-beach-not-shannan-gilbert

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 04:05:14 PM »

My assessment of this man who is murdering these girls is a Christian in an orthodox tradition. His positioning them facing the east is to receive Christ as their savior for the second coming of Christ. Being buried face down shows disrespect to the dead for their deeds in this life. Being buried in a shrowd made of natural materials such as burlap is also traditional as is the custom of burying the dead without shoes. He feels he is saving their souls as he is likely making them repent and accept Christ as their savior prior to killing them. I would suspect he sees himself as a fisherman of souls as Jesus was and is likely a religious fisherman of an orthodox tradition. He may have been ordained as well as he sees it as his job to save souls. He leaves them in a place to be found as he wants to send a message about how they lived their lives and draw attention to this. I would bet their arms are folded as well and perhaps a cross nearby.

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 07:01:05 PM »

very interesting

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 03:39:54 PM »

OMG

CNN has a breaking news banner up on their website right now....3 more bodies discovered today
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 03:49:10 PM »

Looks like NG will be covering this story tonight, this brings the body count up to 8....so far...
http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/04/investigators-searching-for-more-human-remains-on-secluded-beach/
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 03:55:26 PM »

Three more bodies found on Long Island beach
April 4th, 2011
03:32 PM ET
 ::snipping2::
 The human remains of three additional people were discovered Monday morning...where the corpses of four women were discovered last year, according to the Suffolk County Police Commissioner
 ::snipping2::

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/04/three-more-bodies-found-on-long-island-beach/
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 08:14:08 PM »

NG is reporting a possible 9th body and that LE will continue to search the area for several days expecting to find even more. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 04:43:44 AM »

Eight bodies found on New York beach raising fears of a Craigslist serial killer

33 minutes ago
INVESTIGATORS ON Long Island have discovered the remains of three more people – bringing to eight the number of bodies discovered in a small coastal area forty miles east of New York city since last December.

The latest grim discoveries have raised fears that there may be a serial killer on the loose in the area.

The New York Times reports that bodies of four female prostitutes were found off the highway on Gilgo Beach last December, as police speculated that they may have been dumped there by whoever had killed them.

Last week, a fifth set of remains were found a mile east of where the first four bodies were found – and then yesterday, three more sets of remains were discovered in the brush off the north side of Ocean Parkway, near the secluded Gilgo Beach.

No connection has yet been established between the most recent discoveries and the first four, who were all working as prostitutes and had advertised on Craiglist.

snipped
http://www.thejournal.ie/eight-bodies-found-on-new-york-beach-raising-fears-of-a-craiglist-serial-killer-115383-May2011/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 04:48:54 AM »

more here

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/three_more_bodies_found_on_li_beach_nkxe20Btof0RQJCICvMzAJ

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 07:47:33 AM »

Body count at eight as LI beach search continues

Updated at 06:09 AM today
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=...land&id=8053594

OAK BEACH (WABC) -- The grim search for more bodies is expanding on the beaches of Long Island.

Police have now found eight bodies along Oak Beach and Gilgo Beach, and officials say there could be more.

The search area is expanding Tuesday beyond the two beaches to the Nassau County line. And the mystery remains, is this the work of one serial killer?

If investigators find more clues in this Jack the Ripper case in Suffolk County, it's going to be very difficult because of the weather conditions. There is fog and rain in the forecast and also high winds. The search all started with Shannan Gilbert's disappearance last May and the first grim discovery of remains back in December.

Gilbert, 24, was a Jersey City prostitute who visited a Craigslist client in Oak Beach and then vanished. The client, Joseph Brewer, has not been named a suspect and is said to be cooperating with police. The initial search turned up four bodies, but no trace of Gilbert. The fifth body found last week was also not Gilbert. The three latest victims have not yet been identified.

Now, many are wondering if the area has turned into a graveyard.

"It's a tough area," Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer said. "It's very easy to miss something, but that's why we're doing it again."

The new discoveries Monday were due to a new tactic, as fire trucks from three towns used their extension ladders ti put searchers 20 feet over the brambles, high enough to see ground disturbances.

"We found human remains, three human remains so far in the area between Oak Beach and Gilgo Beach," Dormer said.

Searchers will be back at it Tuesday with dozens of police recruits, forensic experts and cadaver dogs. The teams are hard to pick out once they move deeper into the brush, which will soon become a thick cloak of green.

It's the same raw beauty that attracted a small community of homeowners.

"When I heard today three more [remains were found], it really, really scared me," resident Barbara McGinn said. "Because I just want somebody to find out who is doing this and end it all."

Dominick Varrone, Suffolk's chief of detectives, said the dogs were having a difficult time maneuvering through the brush.

"They don't like getting smacked in the face with the bramble," he said.

Police said as many as 20 officers had been infected with poison ivy during recent searches, and there also were concerns about ticks.

Westbound lanes of Ocean Parkway will be closed for the ongoing search. Eastbound lanes will remain open. Residents who live in the area will need show identification. Other people are asked to stay away.

All of the killings are thought to be the work of a serial killer who is targeting prostitutes.

snipped from link above

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 10:17:34 AM »

Cops eyeing suspect in grisly Long Island murders

By LARRY CELONA, SELIM ALGAR, KIERAN CROWLEY and BOB FREDERICKS
Last Updated: 9:07 AM, April 8, 2011
Posted: 1:18 AM, April 8, 2011

Police believe they know the identity of the Long Island Ripper, The Post has learned.

Cops on Long Island are "looking at somebody," said a law-enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation.

He refused to elaborate.

The stunning revelation comes as police are exploring a possible link between the serial killer -- suspected of dumping the bodies of eight victims along a remote Suffolk beachfront -- and the grisly murders of four hookers in Atlantic City in 2006.

::snipping2:: <SNIPPED>

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/cops_li_killer_is_in_our_sights_TPxYTqoOO6yAXXJbTQT1SN#ixzz1IwPCHc00
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 08:22:43 AM »

'We think the Craigslist Ripper may be a cop': Investigators' chilling new theory on 'smart' Long Island serial killer
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 12:03 AM on 10th April 2011

Calls to vice girls made on untraceable cell phones
He thwarted police with three-minute calls to sister of victim

They believe he may have murdered four prostitutes in Atlantic City in 2006

Search widened to Nassau County

The serial killer dubbed the Craigslist Ripper has a sophisticated understanding of police investigation techniques and 'may be a cop', it was claimed today.

The startling new theory emerged as it was revealed the last man to see suspected victim Shannan Gilbert believes the prostitute is still alive.
Officers in Long Island where four bodies of of vice girls have been dug up, are convinced the killer  could be in law enforcement because:

He used disposable and untraceable cell phones to contact the four victims - all in their twenties - who advertised their services on Craigslist.
When he made six taunting calls to the sister of victim Melissa Barthelemy they lasted under three minutes each thwarting officers racing to find his exact location.
The calls were made in New York City, including Times Square and Madison Garden, allowing him to blend in with the crowds unseen, ensuring if his cell was pinpointed surveillance cameras would not be able to pick him out.
Some investigators now believe the killer's behaviour points to a man who has a deep knowledge of how police investigate serious crimes.

snipped
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1375169/Craigslist-Ripper-New-theory-cop.html?ITO=1490

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2011, 06:45:23 AM »

Child's body found in Long Island serial killer's graveyard

By LARRY CELONA, SELIM ALGAR and BOB FREDERICKS
Last Updated: 5:40 AM, April 11, 2011

One of the four sets of remains recently found on a remote Long Island beach belongs to a baby or a child -- not a grown woman, a law-enforcement source told The Post.

"One doesn't match the others. It's a young person, possibly as young as an infant, or a child," said the source, who is familiar with the investigation.

"If that's the case, then that wouldn't fit the pattern," the source added, suggesting that the victim may not be related to the other murders, believed to be the work of a serial killer.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/child_slay_shock_F6ppvCWkouPkcrlTS608JL#ixzz1JD5Tulwj

::snipping2:: <SNIP>
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »

If Craigslist is being used, won't LE be able to trace the ip's?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 09:38:06 AM »

I have a question.  Are there no buzzards in LI?  Here in the south, buzzards would be apparent relatively quickly over remains.  I'm just wondering why no one noticed the birds gathered along the roadway unless they aren't common to the area.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 05:20:52 PM »

CNN Breaking news banner reporting a 9th body discovered on LI....
http://www.cnn.com/
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 05:23:45 PM »

I have a question.  Are there no buzzards in LI?  Here in the south, buzzards would be apparent relatively quickly over remains.  I'm just wondering why no one noticed the birds gathered along the roadway unless they aren't common to the area.

Hi KittyMom!

I know we had vultures when I lived in Maine, so I susoect they have them in NY as well, but I believe they are not typically a species that hangs out on the coast. However, seagulls are scavengers that may have been attracted to remains, but wouldn't draw much attention near a beach.
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2011, 05:29:52 PM »

Did anyone else hear that one of the 3 bodies found last week was that of a child? I read that recently and now I can't find the link. Also, a few weeks ago I read an article, I think it was from the Bridgeport CT area about several women's bodies discovered behind some strip mall. Can't help but wonder if all these murders are connected, especially since LE is suggesting the LI murders are related to those that took place in Atlantic City. Anyone think there could be more dump sites related to this serial killer?
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 05:35:59 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2011/04/11/ny.bones.found.ps.cnn?hpt=T2
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2011, 06:45:08 PM »

Human skull discovered along Long Island beach

By SELIM ALGAR and KIERAN CROWLEY
Last Updated: 5:31 PM, April 11, 2011
Posted: 10:23 AM, April 11, 2011

The Long Island body count has grown again.

Cops have found a ninth set of human remains -- including a skull -- on the Nassau County side of a remote barrier island where eight decomposed bodies have been discovered since December, a source told The Post this afternoon.

"They are human remains. It’s not a complete body, they are partial human remains," the source said, providing no other details.

Investigators also said they found a human skull as part of a second set of human remains.

::snipping2:: <SNIP>

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/li_cops_resume_search_for_bodies_PhQgRYvzEhviJgS9E98j6J#ixzz1JG0gFZLH

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.