March 29, 2024, 04:36:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Federal Reserve - QE 'A drop in the bucket...'  (Read 1234 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 14, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »

I was listening to the TV the other day, and they had a supporter of the Fed's Quantatative Easing XXX on as a guest.

This woman said something like "The QE is just a drop in the bucket of all the money that's already out there."  Not an exact quote.

How much is really out there?  $400 trillion?  $300 trillion?

Who did they give that money out to?

I my mind, 1 in a million is a drop in the bucket.  One trillion, a drop in the bucket of US Dollars?

What did the Fed give money to after 2008?  All the state and unions pension funds?  State and local governments?

While the dollars in working American's 401ks, IRAs, and other savings are being devalued, some folks seem to be getting a never ending, inflation adjusted bailout, paid for by all the working dimes on Main Street.

We have dimes, inflating the good life of thousand dollar bills, giving pennies a fifty dollar lifestyle, and getting to keep nothing for themselves.

What would happen if the thousand dollar bills couldn't go to Uncle Ben for money?  How would they make a living?

Why is the Obama administration seeming to run the opposite way from investigating the Fed?  Where is the DOJ?

just my humble opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 02:03:52 PM »

China's 'death grip' on the dollar

Will China's addiction to dollars lead the global economy into a bruising showdown with inflation?

The head of Canada's central bank fears it may. Mark Carney, the governor of the Bank of Canada, said in a speech Monday that emerging countries accumulating massive currency reserves have a "death grip" on the dollar.

Not made in China

That grip, he said, prevents the global economy from adjusting to massive imbalances signified by, among other things, rising inflation in the developing world and persistently weak demand for goods and services in Western economies.

more here - http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2010/12/14/chinas-death-grip-on-the-dollar/

Where does all that money the Fed digitizes or prints go?  Who's making profits?  Getting big bonuses?

What about Main Street?  All the little people watching as their lives become poorer?

Who's keeping an eye on the Fed?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.