March 28, 2024, 05:40:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jabraylon Bables 16 mo, Dies 5 wks after scalding by Mom's Boyfriend  (Read 5358 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: December 14, 2010, 01:28:05 PM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/crime/stories/DN-deadlyabuse_14met.ART.State.Edition1.436160c.html
Dallas toddler dies 5 weeks after being scalded; mother's boyfriend remains in custody
December 14, 2010

The family of Jabraylon Bables should be out buying Christmas toys for the bright, talkative boy everyone called "Bam Bam."

Instead, they'll be paying for his funeral.

On Saturday, the 16-month-old toddler died from the massive injuries and the onset of infections he had suffered 36 days earlier after authorities say his mother's boyfriend dropped him into a pot of boiling water.

"From the injuries on the baby, I think he did it intentionally," one of the boy's aunts, Veronica Bables, said Monday. "I feel like he tortured him."

Carlnelus Delaney Simmons, a convicted murderer, remains in the Dallas County Jail accused of first-degree felony injury to a child. Simmons, 37, is also being held on two felony drug delivery charges. His bail totals $80,000.

Authorities say the burns that covered Jabraylon's legs, feet, hand and buttocks did not match Simmons' account. He told police that he accidentally dropped hot water on the toddler.

"It's a horrible case," said Dallas police Sgt. Brenda Nichols, supervisor of the child abuse unit. "It's heartbreaking for everybody involved."

Although brief, Jabraylon's life was tumultuous.

His father, Byron Bables, went to prison for felony forgery shortly after the child was born. He was released on parole in early September and says he spent as much time with Jabraylon as he could after his release.

"It hurts for me to believe in my heart that anybody would hurt my child," he said. "Right now, I just want to bury my son and find out what happened."

Criminal past

While Bables was in jail, authorities say Jabraylon's mother, Jasmine Thompson, started dating Simmons, a man with a violent past. In 1994, Simmons was sentenced to 15 years for killing a man during a fight outside a South Dallas bar. He was released in late 2007.

Two years later, Dallas police arrested Simmons on a charge of dealing PCP after he told them he'd been selling vials for $15 each, court records show. Records identified Simmons' apartment as a drug house. Those charges are pending.

By November, Simmons was living with Thompson in a different apartment in the same complex on Skillman Street near Royal Lane. Thompson said she knew Simmons had been convicted of murder years before but said she never pressed him for details.

"That was way before he knew me," she said Monday.

She also said she knew he dealt drugs but did not believe he would harm Jabraylon and his older brother. She said she frequently left the boys with Simmons while she worked.

"He treated [Jabraylon] like he was his," Thompson said. "I didn't have money for babysitters."

Night of the injury

In the early hours of Nov. 5, Simmons called 911 for the badly injured Jabraylon. Simmons told responding officers that he was "standing in the kitchen holding a pot of boiling water when [Jabraylon] came running up to him." Simmons told officers that he dropped the hot water on the floor and heard the boy begin to scream. He said he then noticed that the toddler's skin was falling off so he called for help.

Jabraylon's brother, who was also in the house at the time, was not injured and has been placed in foster care. In the kitchen cabinet, police found eight plastic baggies of cocaine. Police also found 95 vials of PCP in the refrigerator.

Police said Thompson was not home at the time of the incident and is not a suspect in the case. She said Simmons told her that a pot of scalding water accidentally fell on Jabraylon.

"The police told me that it looked like he was dipped in water ... and the doctors told me the same," she said. "I'm still searching for the truth."

Last days

The remaining days of Jabraylon's life were spent in a hospital room hooked up to a battery of tubes and a breathing machine. The skin had melted off his legs and feet. Burns covered his right hand up to his wrist.

Doctors removed about 60 percent of his badly damaged intestines during one surgery. They removed more during a second surgery. Infections wracked his small body. He suffered kidney failure and his body swelled to the point where he was unrecognizable.

At 8:53 p.m. Saturday, doctors at Children's Medical Center Dallas declared Jabraylon dead. The Dallas County medical examiner has ruled his death a homicide.

Looking for a sign

In a telephone interview from the funeral home Monday where she was making arrangements to bury her son, Thompson still sounded supportive of Simmons, calling him a "good person."

"It would hurt me so much if it was intentional because I gave my trust to this man," she said. "Like I said, God hasn't put anything in my heart to say, 'Jas, he did it on purpose.' "

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 01:31:15 PM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/l
ocalnews/crime/stories/DN-deadlyabusebox_14met.ART.State.Edition1.43615aa.html
HOW TO HELP
December 14, 2010

A wake for Jabraylon Bables is scheduled for 6 p.m. Thursday at Golden Gate Funeral Home, 4155 S. R.L. Thornton Freeway. The funeral is scheduled for 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. The family does not have insurance, and anyone who would like to help pay for Jabraylon's services is asked to contact the funeral home at 214-941-7332.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 01:34:34 PM »

http://www.kbtx.com/news/headlines/Scalded_Toddler_Dies_111853484.html?ref=484
Scalded Texas Toddler Dies-Mother's Boyfriend in Jail
December 14, 2010

DALLAS (December 14, 2010)—A Dallas toddler has died from injuries and infection 36 days after police say he was dropped into a pot of boiling water.

Carlnelus Delaney Simmons, 37, a convicted murderer who’s the boyfriend of the toddler’s mother, remained in the Dallas County Jail Tuesday charged with injury to a child.

Dallas police told The Dallas Morning News that 16-month-old Jabraylon Bables appeared to have been dipped in boiling water and that he was burned deliberately.

Jabraylon's mother, Jasmine Thompson, said, however, she does not believe Simmons would have deliberately hurt her child.

Simmons told police he accidentally dropped hot water on the boy.

The Dallas County medical examiner has ruled the death a homicide.

Simmons is held on bonds totaling $80,000 on the injury to a child charge and two felony drug delivery charges

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 01:45:09 PM »

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/12/the-sad-life-and-death-of-16-m.html
The sad life and death of 16-month-old Jabraylon Bables
Tanya Eiserer/Reporter
December 14, 2010

For 36 days, Jabraylon Bables clung to life.

He lost that fight Saturday as I detailed in a story story that detailed how the massive burn injuries and infections he suffered.

Authorities say his mother's boyfriend, Carlnelus Delaney Simmons dipped him into a pot of boiling water.

Below I am posting a picture of Jabraylon, who was nicknamed "Bam Bam," in happier times, and another photo showing him fighting for his life in an intensive care unit.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 02:28:10 PM »

God bless this sweet angel. an angelic monkey

Now about the mother...
She places her children with a convicted murderer who is out on bond on drug charges
He has 95 vials of PCP and 8 baggies of cocaine in her refrigerator.

She should be under arrest for child neglect, allowing drug sales out of her apartment and child endangerment. I hope she never has contact with her other child.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 07:42:24 PM »

God bless this sweet angel. an angelic monkey

Now about the mother...
She places her children with a convicted murderer who is out on bond on drug charges
He has 95 vials of PCP and 8 baggies of cocaine in her refrigerator.

She should be under arrest for child neglect, allowing drug sales out of her apartment and child endangerment. I hope she never has contact with her other child.

All because she couldn't find a babysitter?  Give me a break!  I think she should be charged with murder!!!

LynneinMd.
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 05:15:12 PM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/crime/stories/DN-deadlyabuse_14met.ART.State.Edition1.436160c.html
Dallas toddler dies 5 weeks after being scalded; mother's boyfriend remains in custody
December 14, 2010

The family of Jabraylon Bables should be out buying Christmas toys for the bright, talkative boy everyone called "Bam Bam."

Instead, they'll be paying for his funeral.

On Saturday, the 16-month-old toddler died from the massive injuries and the onset of infections he had suffered 36 days earlier after authorities say his mother's boyfriend dropped him into a pot of boiling water.

"From the injuries on the baby, I think he did it intentionally," one of the boy's aunts, Veronica Bables, said Monday. "I feel like he tortured him."

Carlnelus Delaney Simmons, a convicted murderer, remains in the Dallas County Jail accused of first-degree felony injury to a child. Simmons, 37, is also being held on two felony drug delivery charges. His bail totals $80,000.

Authorities say the burns that covered Jabraylon's legs, feet, hand and buttocks did not match Simmons' account. He told police that he accidentally dropped hot water on the toddler.

"It's a horrible case," said Dallas police Sgt. Brenda Nichols, supervisor of the child abuse unit. "It's heartbreaking for everybody involved."

Although brief, Jabraylon's life was tumultuous.

His father, Byron Bables, went to prison for felony forgery shortly after the child was born. He was released on parole in early September and says he spent as much time with Jabraylon as he could after his release.

"It hurts for me to believe in my heart that anybody would hurt my child," he said. "Right now, I just want to bury my son and find out what happened."

Criminal past

While Bables was in jail, authorities say Jabraylon's mother, Jasmine Thompson, started dating Simmons, a man with a violent past. In 1994, Simmons was sentenced to 15 years for killing a man during a fight outside a South Dallas bar. He was released in late 2007.

Two years later, Dallas police arrested Simmons on a charge of dealing PCP after he told them he'd been selling vials for $15 each, court records show. Records identified Simmons' apartment as a drug house. Those charges are pending.

By November, Simmons was living with Thompson in a different apartment in the same complex on Skillman Street near Royal Lane. Thompson said she knew Simmons had been convicted of murder years before but said she never pressed him for details.

"That was way before he knew me," she said Monday.

She also said she knew he dealt drugs but did not believe he would harm Jabraylon and his older brother. She said she frequently left the boys with Simmons while she worked.

"He treated [Jabraylon] like he was his," Thompson said. "I didn't have money for babysitters."

Night of the injury

In the early hours of Nov. 5, Simmons called 911 for the badly injured Jabraylon. Simmons told responding officers that he was "standing in the kitchen holding a pot of boiling water when [Jabraylon] came running up to him." Simmons told officers that he dropped the hot water on the floor and heard the boy begin to scream. He said he then noticed that the toddler's skin was falling off so he called for help.

Jabraylon's brother, who was also in the house at the time, was not injured and has been placed in foster care. In the kitchen cabinet, police found eight plastic baggies of cocaine. Police also found 95 vials of PCP in the refrigerator.

Police said Thompson was not home at the time of the incident and is not a suspect in the case. She said Simmons told her that a pot of scalding water accidentally fell on Jabraylon.

"The police told me that it looked like he was dipped in water ... and the doctors told me the same," she said. "I'm still searching for the truth."

Last days

The remaining days of Jabraylon's life were spent in a hospital room hooked up to a battery of tubes and a breathing machine. The skin had melted off his legs and feet. Burns covered his right hand up to his wrist.

Doctors removed about 60 percent of his badly damaged intestines during one surgery. They removed more during a second surgery. Infections wracked his small body. He suffered kidney failure and his body swelled to the point where he was unrecognizable.

At 8:53 p.m. Saturday, doctors at Children's Medical Center Dallas declared Jabraylon dead. The Dallas County medical examiner has ruled his death a homicide.

Looking for a sign

In a telephone interview from the funeral home Monday where she was making arrangements to bury her son, Thompson still sounded supportive of Simmons, calling him a "good person."

"It would hurt me so much if it was intentional because I gave my trust to this man," she said. "Like I said, God hasn't put anything in my heart to say, 'Jas, he did it on purpose.' "

She is still searching for the truth??????  The police and Doctors said that he was dipped in the scalding water and she is still "supportive."  Unbelievable.  What is with these women?
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 10:00:11 PM »

Lyne, I wonder what her definition of a "bad" person would be, if this POS is her definition of a "good person"?

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 07:41:51 AM »

This egg donor and the POS that injured this child should be placed in boiling water. The pain and suffering that this child suffered has no excuse. Burns like this are horrible. This is just another example of "parents" putting themselves first and forgetting the important and sacred duty to their children.

When I worked in the burn ICU we had a case like this. When the ER doc that had seen the child originally came up to see how she was doing, the POS that had put the child in the boiling water was denying he had done anything. The doc punched him out. When the POS complained to security none of us saw anything as assumed he fell.  Truth be told, we would have loved to be the one that did it.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.