March 28, 2024, 06:23:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Human Foot/Boot found 12/5/10 On Tacoma Tideflats WA  (Read 10898 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: December 15, 2010, 04:39:35 PM »

May not be a crime....will move to solved if found not to be.

IMO this is not related to all the feet in sneakers that have been found in the past.

Human Foot Discovered On Tacoma Tideflats

Updated: 3:31 pm PST December 14, 2010

TACOMA, Wash. -- Police are looking for information on any missing persons that may be associated with a human foot discovered in Tacoma.

On Dec. 5, a boot containing the remains of a human foot was found along the shoreline of the Tideflats.

Police said the boot is a boy’s size 6 Ozark Trail brand hiking boot, sold in Walmart stores from 2004 to 2005. Due to the size of the boot, the foot likely belonged to a juvenile or small adult, police said.

Investigators believe the boot could have floated into the area from either the Puyallup River or the Puget Sound.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 253-591-5959.
http://www.kirotv.com/news/26134846/detail.html

http://www.the33tv.com/news/kcpq-unidentified-foot-found-inside-121410,0,877404.story

This is not an exact location where the foot was found, just a general area. Reduce the map to see more

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?p=796095#post796095
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 04:48:14 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 04:41:05 PM »

www.kirotv.com

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 04:55:19 PM »

Feet found in sneakers the past.....

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5070&highlight=severed

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 06:25:29 PM »

What's with all the feet?  I lived near the water where many bodies or remains were found, and I can't think of one that it was just a foot. Just strange to me.

I did post in in Shantia and Azriel's Threaad, but I was really thinking about another active case. I would really like to know the tide and water flow that brings so much into that general area. I am wondering if it ever comes in a northerly direction. It is probably something the Coast Guard would know. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 08:24:46 PM »

Seems to me if they are finding feet they would find a hand or other body part every now and then. Unless there is some type of different way a foot attaches to a body then another bone. Perhaps a killer is leaving a foot as a calling card after the body decomposes? Just seems like a strange occurrence to me
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 06:28:12 PM »

Seems to me if they are finding feet they would find a hand or other body part every now and then. Unless there is some type of different way a foot attaches to a body then another bone. Perhaps a killer is leaving a foot as a calling card after the body decomposes? Just seems like a strange occurrence to me

I agree, it is really a strange occurrence.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 09:39:04 AM »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/weird/Another-Severed-Foot-Washes-Ashore-in-Vancouver-128762833.html

Severed Foot is 12th Found on Vancouver-Area Beaches Since 2007

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 10:47:54 AM »

yup..........

Running shoe with human foot in it found in Vancouver's False Creek

snipped
Postmedia NewsAugust 30, 2011 8:25 PM

Another foot has washed ashore in Vancouver, police said Tuesday. Tuesday's discovery marks the eighth foot to be found on the B.C. coast since August 2007. Three more have washed up in nearby Washington.

snipped

Tuesday's discovery marks the eighth foot to be found on the B.C. coast since August 2007. Three more have washed up in nearby Washington.

snipped
"The shoe was found floating in the water next to the Plaza of Nations marina in False Creek," she said in a news release.

snipped
"There is no indication at this early stage in the investigation how the remains came to be there," McGuinness said.

The first foot, discovered in August 2007 on Jedediah Island, northeast of Nanaimo, B.C., was associated with a deceased man whose name police withheld at the request of his family.

A man's right foot found on Gabriola Island in August 2007 remains unidentified.

Two feet found on Valdez and Westham islands in July 2008 belonged to the same man.

And two female feet found in Richmond, B.C., in December 2008 belonged to the same woman.

In October 2009, a right foot was discovered on a beach in Richmond.

snipped
http://www.canada.com/Running+shoe+with+human+foot+found+Vancouver+False+Creek/5330654/story.html#ixzz1WZpLkZyT

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 11:43:39 AM »

What's going on? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »

So far from what I have read over the time span... they say 'no foul play'  Rolling Eyes

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 03:16:33 PM »

Rolling Eyes
Human remains show no sign of foul play

By Mike Hager, Vancouver SunSeptember 1, 2011
 ::snipping2::
DNA needs to be tested and missing persons records consulted before the identity of the body they belonged to is known. An autopsy found the remains most likely broke away from the rest of the body naturally, and coroner Stephen Fonseca said the attached left shoe - a white Size 9 from Sidney Crosby's B.U.M. Equipment line - probably floated the bones to the surface of the ocean.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Human+remains+show+sign+foul+play/5338677/story.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 09:05:14 AM »

Mystery of the west coast wash up 

Glenda Kwek
September 2, 2011 - 4:19PM.

Washed up ... some of the shoes that have been found on the west coast

Eleven feet in sports shoes have been washed up on the west coast of North America in four years ... is there a link?

Theories as to the cause of the mystery have ranged from dismemberments by serial killers or gangsters to casualties from plane or boating accidents.

Some have suggested the feet were from victims of the 2004 Asian tsunami, missing fishermen or people who drowned or committed suicide.

"We're certainly at a loss as to the cause of this," British Columbia coroner Stephen Fonseca told The Canadian Press about the latest foot, which washed up in Vancouver on Tuesday.

"There was no obvious trauma to the remains.

"We cannot completely exclude a murder; we don't know why they died, but we have no evidence they were murdered," he told Agence France-Presse.

The only obvious connection between the feet - five of which have been identified by police as belonging to missing people - was that they were found in running shoes.

Oceanographers also told the Toronto Star the bodies were likely to have all come from people living on the west coast of North America.

snipped MORE

http://www.smh.com.au/world/mystery-of-the-west-coast-wash-up-20110902-1jpno.html?from=smh_sb

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 09:20:40 AM »

I just don't understand this.  How can this many feet be showing up on the shoreline and LE not see foul play.  Ok, maybe the feet weren't sawed off.  But, in my limited knowledge of life on plant Earth, feet don't live in the ocean. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 12:32:38 PM »

HUGE article
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/09/02/search-in-a-%E2%80%98floating-feet%E2%80%99-case-leads-to-troubled-young-man-from-surrey-b-c/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 12:07:01 PM »

Why are severed human feet washing up on the beaches of the Pacific northwest?
The Salish Sea has been depositing some gruesome things on the shores of Washington and British Columbia. Single feet (and a few pairs) keep washing up on these cold, rainy beaches. Find out how many incidents there have been over the past five years, why it's always feet, and why they wash up on this particular coastline.
snipped
http://io9.com/5846221/why-are-severed-human-feet-washing-up-on-the-beaches-of-the-pacific-northwest

::snipping2::
Although the mystery centers on feet, there are plenty of body parts that wash ashore all over the world. Feet, though, are one of the more innocent parts - not indicating foul play. When a body spends a long time in the water, it comes apart at certain weak points. Ankles and wrists are the weakest of those points. While hands are usually not attached to anything, feet are in shoes. Shoes can either have buoyant rubber souls or can trap pockets of air that lift the foot upwards, letting it float ashore.

That leads to the question of why the feet just started turning up now. An early theory posed by some people, before two victims were identified, was that these were the remains of people who had been killed in the tsunami of 2004. None of the shoes, then, had been identified as models that had been made after 2004. The fact that three out of nine have been identified as local people and not tsunami victims put a damper on that theory.

Other people suggest that it could be the increasing bulk of athletic shoes. As sneakers are getting bigger and puffier, they become more buoyant and more remains float long enough to make it to the beach. Still, there were plenty of big sneakers in the late 1990s, and not as many feet were found then.

::snipping2:: more at link

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 05:44:05 PM »

Severed feet ID’d as local woman’s
Published: October 20, 2011 2:01 a.m.
The British Columbia Coroner’s Service have been able to identify the woman whose feet were found in the Fraser River in 2008.

DNA analysis confirmed that two of the eight mystery severed feet found along the B.C. coast between 2007 and 2011 belong to a New Westminster woman who committed suicide by jumping off the Pattulo Bridge in 2004.

Her name is not being made public at the request of the family.

MORE SNIPPED

http://www.metronews.ca/vancouver/local/article/1001965--severed-feet-id-d-as-local-woman-s

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 03:05:56 PM »

Another foot found on Port Moody lake beach
  News Services November 8, 2011   The B.C. Coroners Service is investigating the discovery of another foot over the weekend. The disembodied foot inside a men's size 12 black Cougar brand hiking boot was found on the shore of Sasamat Lake in Port Moody. Coroners Service officials said the human remains belong to a male adult and there is no indication of foul play.

snipped
http://www.canada.com/Another+foot+found+Port+Moody+lake+beach/5673200/story.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 10:41:04 AM »

Ninth foot washes up on Canada shore — with a twist
Unlike previous eight cases, this one was found in freshwater

msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 11/9/2011 3:28:10 PM ET 2011-11-09T20:28:10

BURNABY, British Columbia — Authorities are seeking the public's help in trying to determine the identity of a ninth foot that washed up in southwestern British Columbia.

The remains of a foot were found encased in a sock in a hiking boot that washed up in Sasamat Lake in Port Moody over the weekend. An autopsy on Monday confirmed the remains are human.

The foot is the ninth found in southwestern B.C. in the past four years. But unlike the previous eight cases, this one was found in freshwater, not saltwater, said coroner Steve Fonseca, manager of the Identification and Disaster Response Unit for the BC Coroners Service.

It is also the first to be found in a hiking boot, rather than in a running shoe.

The BC Coroners Service has positively identified six of the feet found previously as belonging to four individuals. There has been no evidence of foul play in any of those cases. The remaining two feet appear to belong to two men whose identities have not been determined.

All nine feet appear to have detached naturally, as a result of having spent a period of time in the water, officials said.

In the latest case, Fonseca said evidence suggests the foot was in the water for as long as a decade or longer. The boot is a black Cougar-brand hiking boot, men’s size 12. It has a blue interior felt lining, and the metal eyelets were significantly rusted.

snip

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45224503/ns/world_news-americas/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 05:05:24 PM »

Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv  @ HFTM
Ninth foot washes up on Canada shore — with a twist
Unlike previous eight cases, this one was found in freshwater

msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 11/9/2011 3:28:10 PM ET 2011-11-09T20:28:10

BURNABY, British Columbia — Authorities are seeking the public's help in trying to determine the identity of a ninth foot that washed up in southwestern British Columbia.

The remains of a foot were found encased in a sock in a hiking boot that washed up in Sasamat Lake in Port Moody over the weekend. An autopsy on Monday confirmed the remains are human.

The foot is the ninth found in southwestern B.C. in the past four years. But unlike the previous eight cases, this one was found in freshwater, not saltwater, said coroner Steve Fonseca, manager of the Identification and Disaster Response Unit for the BC Coroners Service.

It is also the first to be found in a hiking boot, rather than in a running shoe.

The BC Coroners Service has positively identified six of the feet found previously as belonging to four individuals. There has been no evidence of foul play in any of those cases. The remaining two feet appear to belong to two men whose identities have not been determined.

All nine feet appear to have detached naturally, as a result of having spent a period of time in the water, officials said.

In the latest case, Fonseca said evidence suggests the foot was in the water for as long as a decade or longer. The boot is a black Cougar-brand hiking boot, men’s size 12. It has a blue interior felt lining, and the metal eyelets were significantly rusted.

UPDATE-Identified #9
UPDATE Body Has Been Identified

2/17/12

The B.C. Coroners service has solved a 25-year-old mystery.

An investigation has identified a person whose foot washed ashore in Sasamat Lake in Port Moody last November.

DNA analysis has confirmed the foot bones belonged to Stefan Zahorujko. The 65-year-old Vancouver man went fishing alone on Sasamat Lake in January of 1987.

http://www.globaltvbc.com/washed+up+foot+linked+to+a+25-year-old+missing+persons+case/6442583513/story.html

More at link with video

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 05:24:00 AM »

and yet another one found........

http://www.nbcnews.com/#/news/us-news/discovery-human-foot-seattle-waterfront-adds-appendage-tally-n99796

Discovery of Human Foot on Seattle Waterfront Adds to Appendage Tally

By Mike Brunker

The discovery of a human foot in a running shoe on the Seattle waterfront this week is at least the 15th such appendage found along the Pacific Northwest coastline since 2007.

The King County Medical Examiner’s Office on Wednesday released a photo of the shoe – a New Balance athletic sneaker, men’s size 10-1/2, white with blue trim – in hopes the public could help identify its wearer. It said the foot also was clad in a black, cotton Hanes brand sock. 

That gruesome find was followed by a spate of similar discoveries, mostly in British Columbia but also in Washington, leading some to speculate that a serial dismemberer was on the loose.

But Barb McLintock, a spokeswoman for the British Columbia Coroners Service, said an investigation determined that all of the 11 feet found there were the results of “non-suspicious deaths” – meaning they were either attributable to accidents or suicides.

“We found there is nothing suspicious in any of them,” she said. “It appears that the feet become disarticulated from the body naturally with time, as the bodies decompose and are eaten by sea life or other marine organisms.”
MORE @ link 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.