April 27, 2024, 04:01:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #586 3/2 - 3/6/2007  (Read 107489 times)
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #360 on: March 04, 2007, 11:15:34 PM »

Hi  Lala's Mom:

I ran off but only momentarily.

I read through the Shango posts... actually a few times.  At first, I thought it was a who dunnit post.  But, now, I think that it may be a diary of the things that have already come to pass and the things to come.

I am hoping that if I have the time, I can copy it to a notebook on my computer, with his posts on one side and an explanation of what I think that he is saying on the other.

He was a beautiful writer, most definately, in touch with the outer realm of our existance.

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #361 on: March 04, 2007, 11:16:59 PM »

Hi everyone!

Got home from Atlanta, Ga a few hours ago. Unpacked, relaxed and ready for bed.  Was a really nice lunchin' and truly enjoyed meeting everyone. I can't wait for the next lunchin'.
 thumleft

Thought I'd post this. From Amigo....
Seems 3 chollars may have died or found dead in the area of this picture?

ORANJESTAD — “Twee chollers kregen ruzie met elkaar en toen stichtte een van hen brand.” Die conclusie trokken twee politieagenten die gisteren rond twaalf uur poolshoogte kwamen nemen bij een leegstaand pand aan de Avenido Milo Croes, waaruit een dikke zwarte rookpluim kwam. In het bewuste pand zat ooit Drive Motors. Op de foto is te zien hoe een brandweerman helemaal achterin het vervallen pand bezig is om de brand te blussen. Op de voorgrond legt zijn collega de brandweerslang goed, zodat het water er gemakkelijk doorkan.

3 Maart, 2007, 17:55 (GMT -04:00)

http://www.amigoe.com/

dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #362 on: March 04, 2007, 11:18:31 PM »

Night all...talk with you tomorrow.

God bless~

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: March 04, 2007, 11:18:53 PM »

Quote from: "dkpen"
Hi everyone!

Got home from Atlanta, Ga a few hours ago. Unpacked, relaxed and ready for bed.  Was a really nice lunchin' and truly enjoyed meeting everyone. I can't wait for the next lunchin'.
 thumleft

ORANJESTAD — “Twee chollers kregen ruzie met elkaar en toen stichtte een van hen brand.” Die conclusie trokken twee politieagenten die gisteren rond twaalf uur poolshoogte kwamen nemen bij een leegstaand pand aan de Avenido Milo Croes, waaruit een dikke zwarte rookpluim kwam. In het bewuste pand zat ooit Drive Motors. Op de foto is te zien hoe een brandweerman helemaal achterin het vervallen pand bezig is om de brand te blussen. Op de voorgrond legt zijn collega de brandweerslang goed, zodat het water er gemakkelijk doorkan.

Yeah, looks like there was a fire:

Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #364 on: March 04, 2007, 11:22:14 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Odd because you would think there might be more in January with Carnival and all.  Didn't Carnival last from January - February 22nd or something like that?  The fatal accidents all came after Carnival were over.

Sorry for the delay in responding...new browser, less troublesome for the moment....

Carnival officially starts in January but not much happens until all the February parades, jump-ups, etc.   I think it ended around Feb 20 (just like Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras in the states is the finale).  

I'm not aware of any statistics regarding fatal accidents in relation to Carnival.

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: March 04, 2007, 11:23:46 PM »

Quote from: "Sleuth"
Quote from: "klaasend"

Odd because you would think there might be more in January with Carnival and all.  Didn't Carnival last from January - February 22nd or something like that?  The fatal accidents all came after Carnival were over.

Sorry for the delay in responding...new browser, less troublesome for the moment....

Carnival officially starts in January but not much happens until all the February parades, jump-ups, etc.   I think it ended around Feb 20 (just like Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras in the states is the finale).  

I'm not aware of any statistics regarding fatal accidents in relation to Carnival.

I was just thinking there might be more partying than usual durring Carnival times, leading to accidents due to drunk drivers.
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #366 on: March 04, 2007, 11:24:10 PM »

I wonder if their hot water heater exploded?

Looks like an explosion, too.

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #367 on: March 04, 2007, 11:26:07 PM »

Quote from: "Patti"
I wonder if their hot water heater exploded?

Looks like an explosion, too.

Rough translation of article from Babel Fish:

ORANJESTAD - "two chollers got brawl with each other and then committed arson of them." That conclusion drew two police constables who yesterday came take poolshoogte around twelve hours at a being empty pand to the Avenido Milo Croes, from which a dikke black rookpluim came. In the aware pand zat ever drive engines. On the photograph is see how a fireman is entirely in the back of the expired pand extinguish the fire. On the forefront its colleague lays the fire snake good, so that water there easy doorkan.
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #368 on: March 04, 2007, 11:28:42 PM »

I doubt if you'll hear much about "accidents" during Mardi Gras down there. Bad press.

I lived in New Orleans for a couple of years and saw some of the Mardi Gras parades. Some "un-pretty" things happen there (and I wasn't even downtown)- worst I saw was when a drunk woman tried to snatch another girl's baby from out of her arms and run off. The police caught the woman and they were pinning her down to the ground and smashing her face into the pavement with her screaming and struggling. Worst police apprehension I have ever seen.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: March 04, 2007, 11:29:47 PM »

Hi everyone!

thumleft

Sort of a translation.  Die = that in Dutch.

"two chollers got into a brawl with each other and then committed arson." That conclusion drew two police constables who yesterday came take poolshoogte around twelve hours at a being empty pand to the Avenido Milo Croes, from which a dikke black plume of smoke came. In the aware pand zat ever drive engines. On the photograph is see how a fireman is entirely in the back of the expired pand extinguish the fire. On the forefront its colleague lays the fire hose good, so that water there easy doorkan.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #370 on: March 04, 2007, 11:31:18 PM »

From Babel Fish:

Two chollers got brawl with each other and then committed arson of them. That conclusion drew two police constables who yesterday came take poolshoogte around twelve hours at a being empty pand to the Avenido Milo Croes, from which a dikke black rookpluim came. In the aware pand zat ever drive engines. On the photograph is see how a fireman is entirely in the back of the expired pand extinguish the fire. On the forefront its colleague lays the fire snake good, so that water there easy doorkan.

<end?

"... arson of them." ??

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #371 on: March 04, 2007, 11:31:28 PM »

Patti
If you are really interested in the Shango/Simian stuff I have a lot of different translations and theories you might like to see.  You can email me at cindoal@yahoo.com if you want.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: March 04, 2007, 11:32:18 PM »

Great minds thinking alike, Klaas?  Dictionary.com has a Dutch translation dictionary.  Seems about like Bablefish, however.

Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: March 04, 2007, 11:34:29 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
[<end?

"... arson of them." ??

Prolly not or they would have the charred remains on display for the whole world to gawk at.   Rolling Eyes

PERSONA NON GRATA

dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #374 on: March 04, 2007, 11:34:55 PM »

Oops..one more post before I am gone. lol

Klaas...I have to log back in every time I want to post. Odd. It auto logs me out. Will check my profile settings tomorrow. To tired to bother with it tonight.

Thought I'd bring this article over here. Visit the link to the article. It has a nice short video on the warnings also. I don't know how to post something like that here so maybe Klaas can do it. Or just go visit the site with the article and look on the right of it.

Night all you super monkeys.

God bless~

Spring Break Warning: Take Extra Care In Caribbean
Government Warns Students About Vacation Danger Zones
Karen Welles, Target 11 Investigator

POSTED: 4:41 pm EST February 28, 2007
UPDATED: 6:39 pm EST February 28, 2007

PITTSBURGH -- Partying in paradise could quickly turn to problems much more serious than hangovers and sun burns.

Terrorism and crime are two major concerns for anyone traveling the next couple of months.

It's that time of year when college kids and adults head south for fun in the sun.

But this year, the state department is warning vacationers to be extra careful in the Caribbean.

The Cricket World Cup is being held in the Caribbean from March through April and the U.S. government is warning about a heightened threat of terrorist attacks.

"As security increases around event venues, terrorists may shift their focus to open public spaces, hotels, buses, churches and restaurants,"said State Department officials.

Pitt soccer players Carli Brill and Courtney Wrightson and their friends went to Key West, Fla., last year for spring break.

This year the pair wants to leave the country and is booked for Nassau in the Bahamas.

According to the state department, "Crime and violence have increasingly moved into tourist and residential areas there".

Brill said," I think we'll be fine. We'll just stick together."

Joann Cosentino, a travel agent at University Travel, said, "I always try to tell them, you know just play it smart. Don't wander off."

The U.S. government has warned "gang violence and shootings occur regularly in certain areas of Kingston and Montego bay."

Tourists are also targets of thieves and robbers. And the government warned, "The use of date-rape drugs has become more common at clubs and private parties."

Wrightson said, "My dad always tells me never leave your drink. If you leave it and go to the bathroom, don't drink it when you get back."

In Cancun, the U.S. government warned of "increased reports of crime, especially rape involving alcohol and the nightclub environment."

In Acapulco, "Drug-related violence has been increasing," according to U.S. officials.

With the disappearance of Natalie Holloway in Aruba, risk consultant Kevin Wilkes said spring break safety should be a real concern.

"She lowered her awareness level she lowered her inhibition," Wilkes said. "There was drinking involved she accepted a ride from stranger's people who she had just met and now unfortunately she's still missing."

For more information about crime in other countries and tips on how to protect yourself when you travel go U.S. State Department
Copyright 2007 by Wpxi.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.wpxi.com/target11/11137576/detail.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: March 04, 2007, 11:36:43 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Great minds thinking alike, Klaas?  Dictionary.com has a Dutch translation dictionary.  Seems about like Bablefish, however.

Very Happy

Yes, most of them do.  What I've found works the best with the Dutch is running through any of the translators then looking up word by word.  Just don't want to take the time on these little articles.  That is what I did with the statements though.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: March 04, 2007, 11:38:00 PM »

Dkpen - make sure you check that box when you log in to stay logged in.  Also, if you are signing on through AOL there may still be some problems.  Good idea to clear all your cookies before logging back in tomorrow.
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #377 on: March 04, 2007, 11:39:29 PM »

Lala's Mom:

Okay.  I'll e-mail you.

I'm wiped out!  I've been fighting a cold or flu all week-end.  I'll e-mail you tonight so you have my address.  Feel free to write to me anytime.  I am interested in his writings...

Good Night, all...

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: March 04, 2007, 11:39:51 PM »

Quote from: "Patti"
Lala's Mom:

Okay.  I'll e-mail you.

I'm wiped out!  I've been fighting a cold or flu all week-end.  I'll e-mail you tonight so you have my address.  Feel free to write to me anytime.  I am interested in his writings...

Good Night, all...

Nite Patti
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #379 on: March 04, 2007, 11:40:44 PM »

Anna, klaas - Yes, we were all on that like white on rice!

Must not have been any deaths - no corpse picture. (My bad.) But that is an odd phrase.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.