April 27, 2024, 02:19:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #586 3/2 - 3/6/2007  (Read 107472 times)
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: March 05, 2007, 04:03:30 PM »

well poo....nope...did not fix it...thought I had. chit!

Tib sounds like a lot of fun with your Aussie thread. Will be fun learning new slang words to play with. Hubby will be scratching his head wondering what the heck I had said. Fun to mess with family and friends too. lol And not to mention learning new words to speak with our Aussie friends.  Wink

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #481 on: March 05, 2007, 04:04:18 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
It is. I have Incredimail ( free ) at home . GD ( 8 ) loves it.
Tell little email stories. Can make some really cute invites. The best was a dinner invite with a turkey running across the page. I use the kitty as my sig line on that mail system. I also have the regular Outlook Express for more serious things.

DH loves Incredimail - keeps changing notifiers.  Just a big kid.
At present it is all set up for St Patricks Day and Pot of Gold for the notifier.  Wish it would happen that easily  Laughing  Laughing
Has some nice kitty designs for emails too  Wink  Wink

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #482 on: March 05, 2007, 04:04:43 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Quote from: "dkpen"
yay!  Think I fixed it. Dunno what happened but after shutting down my pc the darn thing wanted me to "Activate a copy of Windows". Don't have a clue what happened. Guess I kicked it to hard earlier. LOL

Gonna have hubby look at it. Maybe Window's has an upgrade and wants me to activate the upgrade to my pc. No idea. <shrugs>

klaas will know best - but maybe Windows wants you to upgrade because of DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME starting 3/11 this year.

They upgrade that early in advance?  Thanks for the heads up info msmarple.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #483 on: March 05, 2007, 04:11:24 PM »

Good afternoon friends.....did have trouble staying on the forum using AOL yesterday.....testing this afternoon to see what happens.   Smile

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #484 on: March 05, 2007, 04:19:02 PM »

ok, got Windows activated. So that's done.  Phew!  Never have had that happen before. Thought I did something wrong.

Now, here's hoping I can remain logged in. Geez, what a day.  lol

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #485 on: March 05, 2007, 04:22:25 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Tell little email stories. Can make some really cute invites. The best was a dinner invite with a turkey running across the page. I use the kitty as my sig line on that mail system. I also have the regular Outlook Express for more serious things.

At present it is all set up for St Patricks Day and Pot of Gold for the notifier.  Wish it would happen that easily  Laughing  Laughing

I did not know you could change notfiers. I have a butler guy.
It's fun, upbeat. Free. Did some shower invites for work mate with storks, crying babies. Printed them at work on their state of the art color printer and then trimmed off the to and froms. It is so easy. Your DH must be a fun guy if he likes to play with that mail thing. It appeals to my inner child. Too much seriousness in my work life, anything to release a few good humor chemicals is a good thing.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #486 on: March 05, 2007, 04:23:29 PM »

Tib sounds like a lot of fun with your Aussie thread. Will be fun learning new slang words to play with. Hubby will be scratching his head wondering what the heck I had said. Fun to mess with family and friends too. lol And not to mention learning new words to speak with our Aussie friends.  Wink

Thanks dkpen - I am amazed at the number of views so far on the Aussie thread.  I am really enjoying finding articles and pictures to post and it is nice to know there is so much interest in our lovely country.
It also helps me feel I am contributing to SM in a way as it is not possible here to join in the campaign for answers and justice for dear Natalee.  Flyers and bumper stickers would not mean much to anyone here.  I have chatted to many people and travel agents and have yet to meet anyone who has even heard of Aruba, let alone plan to go there.  People here go to Asia, NZ, and south Pacific Islands for holidays.  Some even go to Britain, Canada and the US!

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #487 on: March 05, 2007, 04:23:45 PM »

ok, got Windows activated. So that's done.  Phew!  Never have had that happen before. Thought I did something wrong.

Now, here's hoping I can remain logged in. Geez, what a day.  lol

That was my yesterday...!   Very Happy

Glad you are okay....!

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: March 05, 2007, 04:29:23 PM »

I did not know you could change notfiers. I have a butler guy.
It's fun, upbeat. Free. Did some shower invites for work mate with storks, crying babies. Printed them at work on their state of the art color printer and then trimmed off the to and froms. It is so easy. Your DH must be a fun guy if he likes to play with that mail thing. It appeals to my inner child. Too much seriousness in my work life, anything to release a few good humor chemicals is a good thing.

Yes he is a fun guy.  Quieter now than he used to be before his ops, so spends a lot of spare time playing on Incredimail and eBay!
If you click on Notifiers on top task bar you get a drop down menu with lots of selections for when you get tired of the butler.  There is a nice kitty notifier  Wink

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #489 on: March 05, 2007, 04:30:36 PM »

From Tib :
"Even heard of Aruba, let alone plan to go there."
Even when you have heard of the place, doesn't make you want to go there.
With JetBlue flying ( well sort of flying ) or sitting on the tarmac,
maybe there will be less JetBlue customers. That was a customer relations disaster.
There was a Nelson from Aruba who worked at JetBlue. He at least on RWV was a supporter of Justice for Natalee and then he became a turncoat after the call for a boycott. It was because JetBlue had these plans and it affected his business.
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #490 on: March 05, 2007, 04:30:46 PM »

I give up.  I have to keep logging in with every reply to a post. Gonna let Tom figure it out. Will try back later on. See if anything works any better then.

God bless~

scared-tom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #491 on: March 05, 2007, 04:31:11 PM »

Thanks dkpen - I am amazed at the number of views so far on the Aussie thread.  I am really enjoying finding articles and pictures to post and it is nice to know there is so much interest in our lovely country.
It also helps me feel I am contributing to SM in a way as it is not possible here to join in the campaign for answers and justice for dear Natalee.  Flyers and bumper stickers would not mean much to anyone here.  I have chatted to many people and travel agents and have yet to meet anyone who has even heard of Aruba, let alone plan to go there.  People here go to Asia, NZ, and south Pacific Islands for holidays.  Some even go to Britain, Canada and the US!

Tibro

I spent a year in Oz back in 83-84 as an exchange student at a school on the Gold Coast. A great time in my life and lots of fun and friends.

The first day or two were nerve wracking though, even though Australians and I both spoke English, I had the hardest time figuring out what was being said.  Laughing

I soon learned though...
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #492 on: March 05, 2007, 04:32:14 PM »

I don't have to keep logging in.??? Just noticed that.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #493 on: March 05, 2007, 04:46:33 PM »

From Tib :
"Even heard of Aruba, let alone plan to go there."
Even when you have heard of the place, doesn't make you want to go there.
With JetBlue flying ( well sort of flying ) or sitting on the tarmac,
maybe there will be less JetBlue customers. That was a customer relations disaster.
There was a Nelson from Aruba who worked at JetBlue. He at least on RWV was a supporter of Justice for Natalee and then he became a turncoat after the call for a boycott. It was because JetBlue had these plans and it affected his business.

I used to read at RWV and remember Nelson and when he changed direction.  Money talks. (All it ever says to me is "Goodbye")
Aruba and JetBlue sound like a good match.  And now the Marriott wants to sweep all the local enterprises off the beach in front of their swanky new hotel.  Where will all the derelicts and druggies go now?

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #494 on: March 05, 2007, 04:50:33 PM »

Quote from: "scared-tom"

Tibro

I spent a year in Oz back in 83-84 as an exchange student at a school on the Gold Coast. A great time in my life and lots of fun and friends.

The first day or two were nerve wracking though, even though Australians and I both spoke English, I had the hardest time figuring out what was being said.  Laughing

I soon learned though...

Laughing  Laughing

You won't need to refer to the slang dictionary - bet you could fill in a few words that I will have to leave out   Laughing  Laughing

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #495 on: March 05, 2007, 04:59:43 PM »

Hope I do not speak too soon.......
I am having a good day on here today.  I have posted, refreshed, logged in and out and it all works!!!
Trouble is it is a busy day for me and I will have to go but hope to check back in again later in my day.
Be good monkeys.

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #496 on: March 05, 2007, 05:15:58 PM »

Hi

Just doing a drive by to see if my problems are fixed.....

Maine, born and raised!
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #497 on: March 05, 2007, 05:37:13 PM »

ARUBA BLOWS CHUNCKS  

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #498 on: March 05, 2007, 05:37:55 PM »

Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #499 on: March 05, 2007, 05:51:26 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
ARUBA BLOWS CHUNCKS  

Surprised  Surprised
Well Hello and Goobbye Mr. Robots. I got to go but always nice to see ya. here is you very own icon from the ' other ' section.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.