April 27, 2024, 05:19:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #586 3/2 - 3/6/2007  (Read 107501 times)
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #560 on: March 05, 2007, 09:42:42 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Natalee Holloway: Update 4:30 PM EST
While Fox News is reporting that the focus of the search seems to have turned back to the lighthouse area...

That's interesting...with Joran now having removed the lighthouse from his story.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #561 on: March 05, 2007, 09:46:34 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"

While Fox News is reporting that the focus of the search seems to have turned back to the lighthouse area...

That's interesting...with Joran now having removed the lighthouse from his story.

I understood that there were "teams" of people sent to various areas to lure the media away from the actual crime scene or scenes.  Sort of like the blog posting to lead people astray, but in person.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #562 on: March 05, 2007, 09:48:09 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"

I understood that there were "teams" of people sent to various areas to lure the media away from the actual crime scene or scenes.  Sort of like the blog posting to lead people astray, but in person.

lol
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #563 on: March 05, 2007, 09:48:20 PM »

Waving to Sleuth

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #564 on: March 05, 2007, 09:54:52 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"

And the Kalpoes still adhere to the lighthouse story. Could the crime have happened very early here? An interesting alternative to the residence. The lighthouse is near several interesting features- Arashi Beach, the rocks, the dunes (for temporary burial) and Koen's house w/boat. So the crime could have happened here or she could have been moved to this area to accomodate a disposal at sea. Arashi Beach is an ideal spot for a pick-up in a small boat. It is shallow for a couple or few hundred yards out then it drops off drastically to deep water.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #565 on: March 05, 2007, 10:01:53 PM »

JORAN confessed

BET THE FARM

he did it.... thats why he confessed

the pressure got to him

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #566 on: March 05, 2007, 10:06:07 PM »

Klaas:

I could have sworn I read a news article that said that the F.B.I. had stated on the evening of June 9, Thursday, that there had been a confession.  I did find a transcript of an interview conducted with Natalee's uncle that said that the F.B.I. had told Beth that the suspect had confessed and that Natalee was dead.

SCARBOROUGH COUNTRY July 12

With me now is Natalee's uncle Paul Reynolds.  

Paul, thank you so much for being with us.  

I don't want to talk about this Dutch, Aruban newspaper report.  What I do want to talk about is what you and the family were told by authorities.  Did they ever tell you, did any government authorities ever tell you that there was a confession in this case regarding Natalee?  

PAUL REYNOLDS, UNCLE OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY:  I know that my sister had a meeting with the FBI June 10, Friday.  And from that meeting, she became convinced that Natalee was no longer alive.  She called her mother and told her that.  And our family was—was—began the grieving process.  

You know, we were told the report would come out the next day.  Later that night, we saw the reports that confessions had been made, that something bad had happened.  Shortly thereafter, it was retracted.  The next morning, there was a report that said Natalee was confirmed dead.  And these reports came from the deputy commissioner.  They came from the spokesperson from the Ministry of Justice.

And then, all of a sudden, these statements and these confessions just disappeared.  

SCARBOROUGH:  And wait a second.  I mean, these confessions were so rock solid that you actually had the FBI coming to you, coming to your family, Natalee's family, saying, we are sorry to tell you this, but there has been a confession.  One of these boys has confessed, and Natalee is no longer alive.  

How do you pull something like that back off the table?  Have you had or has your sister had or has anybody in the family had any explanation from Aruban officials whatever happened to this confession, where they buried it?  

REYNOLDS:  I am not aware of any follow-up information.  You know, this seemed to disappear from sight, these confessions did.  

At the time, we thought that because the investigation is kept secret, we thought it was ongoing, and maybe they just didn't want to release it officially at that time.  But, as we see that the appeals, the hearings are showing there's no evidence, but yet we have these confessions, it doesn't make any sense.  It's as if they are being hidden or taken away.  

SCARBOROUGH:  You know, you said—talked about June the 10th.  That's when you all were told that the confession had been made, and you said that the family actually started a grieving process.  What did the family do?  

REYNOLDS:  You know, grieving is—it's a difficult process.  We were all notified.  We exchanged phone calls, making sure everyone in the family was notified.  I even had to tell my children, very upsetting to them, very upsetting to all of us.  

SCARBOROUGH:  Wait, Paul.  Are you telling me, back on June the 10th, you told your children, based on the confession of one of these—these punks that took Natalee away from the bar, that Natalee was dead?  This was over a month ago.  You had to break it to your family, the entire family, Natalee's entire family, because of the confessions, knew that she was dead, and yet here we are over a month later, and they are still claiming they don't have enough evidence to nail these guys?  

REYNOLDS:  That's absolutely correct.  

You know, the FBI had informed my sister based on the initial interrogations that that was their belief.  That information was given to our family.  And it's just—it's a very difficult thing to go through.  Grieving should only be a process you have to go through one time.  

SCARBOROUGH:  And, you know, Paul, despite that, a lot of legal experts that I have been talking to over the past 24, 48 hours are saying they believe it is possible that van der Sloot may walk.  

When—when this top-secret process—and, of course, now maybe we understand why the process is so top-secret, because there's obviously so much favoritism down in Aruba, that they want to be able to bury confessions, if they need to do that.  They want to be able to play favorites.  You have got a police chief report, from all reports, from what we understand, very, very close.

Government officials have told me, as well as you, that this police chief is best friends with the van der Sloots.  I mean, and yet, we are hearing on Thursday—there's the police chief right there.  We are hearing on Thursday by a lot of people that van der Sloot may walk because of the top-secret hearing that was held today.  

Is there anything you all can do about it if they decide to let him go?  

REYNOLDS:  Well, we feel there are numerous problems with the investigation that question his credibility, you know, the—not taking the suspects into custody, the disappearing confessions, refusal to use the assistance of the FBI, not working with EquuSearch, keeping them from the van der Sloot property.  

There are so many questions.  We feel that the authorities need to bring in an outside investigation to make sure and bring back credibility to this investigation, this process, and let us know what happened.  

SCARBOROUGH:  All right.  Thank you so much, Paul.  We are going to stay with you, obviously, over the next few days, see what happens.  And I will tell you what.  You are exactly right.  We need answers.  There's a miscarriage of justice that's going on in Aruba right now.  The investigation has been a sham from day one.  We could list 1,000 things that they did wrong.

But the main thing is, it smacks of favoritism.  I told you that the first week.  I am still sticking with it.  Favoritism in Aruba is basically protecting Natalee—whoever abducted Natalee and, unfortunately, what we are hearing from the family, possibly murdered Natalee.  

We are going to be talking more about the Holloway case right after a short break.

I'm also going to be bringing you my recent interview with the mother of the prime suspect, Joran van der Sloot.  

And then, with the new “Harry Potter” book coming out in just days, a movement out there to ban it.  What don't they want your kids to read?  We will talk to you about that later.  

Plus, the White House press corps is out for blood and it's all about Karl Rove.  Could he end up getting kicked out of the West Wing?  And does he deserve it?  We will talk about that when SCARBOROUGH COUNTRY returns.  

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #567 on: March 05, 2007, 10:08:41 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
JORAN confessed

BET THE FARM

he did it.... thats why he confessed

the pressure got to him

I'll still go with Deepak.  I know everything points to fathead.  
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #568 on: March 05, 2007, 10:13:42 PM »

Patti - thanks!  I'm fairly certain the "confession" was very late 6/10 and not 6/9.
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #569 on: March 05, 2007, 10:24:48 PM »

The thing is:

The F.B.I. would not have lied... not about that!

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: March 05, 2007, 10:25:13 PM »

Quote from: "Patti"
The thing is:

The F.B.I. would not have lied... not about that!

I agree
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #571 on: March 05, 2007, 10:29:31 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

I was reading the first statement we have from Joran. A couple of things stood out to me in it. The main one was I believe he was getting a real kick out of describing to his intterorgaters(Sp) his sexual exploits with Natalee. Probably made him feel like a  big shot.

Also testing out my Saint Patricks Avatar from CBB. Thanks againCBB.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #572 on: March 05, 2007, 10:33:30 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
Hi Monkeys,

I was reading the first statement we have from Joran. A couple of things stood out to me in it. The main one was I believe he was getting a real kick out of describing to his intterorgaters(Sp) his sexual exploits with Natalee. Probably made him feel like a  big shot.

Also testing out my Saint Patricks Avatar from CBB. Thanks againCBB.

Hi Sam,
You look sweet swinging in the shamrocks.

Joran got a kick out of it and Anita got a kick out of describing Natalee's underwear and other personal details to Beth and Greta  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #573 on: March 05, 2007, 10:37:57 PM »

Thanks Tibro,

Joran described her underwear as well as the fact that she was shaved or waxed. Yes he  told his Mama about that and she told him to be sure and tell the investigators.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #574 on: March 05, 2007, 10:46:50 PM »

We have another talking cat on the board named Karo
Looking forward to Karo and Cat's conversations. Laughing  Laughing

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #575 on: March 05, 2007, 10:47:48 PM »

Looks like Everyone left so I will too.

Sleep tight Monkeys.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #576 on: March 05, 2007, 10:51:45 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
Thanks Tibro,

Joran described her underwear as well as the fact that she was shaved or waxed. Yes he  told his Mama about that and she told him to be sure and tell the investigators.

Hardly a subject you would expect a young man to tell his mother!  And when she repeated the details in a meeting with Beth and Greta was when I started to think she was not very ladylike.  There was no point in going into the details unless it was to make Natalee look cheap but to my way of thinking it only served to make Anita and her perverted son look bad.

Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #577 on: March 05, 2007, 10:52:50 PM »

Karo,meow,watch out for robots and BT's.watch out for monkeys that shave us and paint.Look for nice monkeys that scracth us and feed us,roowl.I will be over later to sing for you,rowl,meow.Joran did it I can smell it and he had lots of help.Thank you CBB and klass purrrrr,cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #578 on: March 05, 2007, 10:53:26 PM »

What? Everyone left just as I was getting here?  How rude!  No one wants to dance with me...

BTW I have to log in each time too.  Rolling Eyes
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #579 on: March 05, 2007, 10:55:17 PM »

Who's Karo?  Another newbie?  We need a liaison for these new guys.  So much to learn...so little time.  Rolling Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.