April 23, 2024, 11:14:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's Big CEO Meeting - Death Spiral For The Economy Continues?  (Read 1547 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 15, 2010, 06:54:05 PM »

Just a few days ago, I listened to Obama go on and on about how most jobs are created at small businesses...have to help out the little guy, the 'job creators'.

For some reason, small business on Main Street seems absent...from his much promoted meeting today with CEO's from leading industries...

A List of Those Attending CEO Meeting with President Obama
Posted by: Carter Wood under Economy, Taxation on December 15, 2010 @ 8:58 am

Manufacturers are included in the list, we’re pleased to see. From ABC, “The Presidential Planner“:

Greg Brown, Co-CEO, Motorola, Inc.
    John Chambers, Chairman & CEO, Cisco Systems Inc.
    Kenneth Chenault, CEO, American Express
    Dave Cote, Chairman, President & CEO, Honeywell International Inc       �
    Scott Davis, Chairman & CEO, UPS       �
    John Doerr, Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
    Mark Gallogly, Managing Partner & Co-Founder, Centerbridge Partners �
    Lew Hay, Chairman & CEO, NextEra Energy  �
    Jeffrey Immelt, Chairman & CEO, General Electric     �
    Ellen Kullman, CEO, DuPont
    John Lechleiter, President and CEO, Eli Lilly  �
    Andrew Liveris, President, CEO and Chairman, Dow Chemical     �
    James McNerney, Chairman, President & CEO, Boeing
    Indra Nooyi, Chairman & CEO, PepsiCo         �
    Paul Otellini, CEO, Intel
    Penny Pritzker, Chairman & CEO, Pritzker Realty Group    �
    Brian Roberts, Chairman & CEO, Comcast        �
    Jim Rogers, Chairman, President & CEO, Duke Energy        �
    Eric Schmidt,  Chairman & CEO, Google
    Robert Wolf, President & COO, UBS   

more here - http://shopfloor.org/2010/12/a-list-of-those-attending-ceo-meeting-with-president-obama/16848

How many jobs has this group outsourced?  How much manufacturing does this group do in the US?  If your manufacturing is offshore, what exactly qualifies you to attend Obama's meeting?

I also listened to one of the attendees talk on TV about repatriating money, bringing jobs...how many jobs are any of this group likely to bring to the US?  1,000?  Millions to employed the unemployed and underemployed?

He also talked about 'tax credits' for R&D...how much exactly will be done in the US?

He also went on about 'bringing' in the best and brightest?  Doesn't he know we seem to spend more than anyone?  Shouldn't our kids be the best and brightest?  Are all the unemployed stupid?  Morons?  Dull?  Why do American's fall short in this man's eyes?

Where was Main Street?  Doesn't Obama want to talk to the job creating class?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 07:00:38 PM »

INSIDE THE CEO SUMMIT – Morning Money hears there will be five or so main discussions, each led by one or more of the 20 executives expected to attend: trade and exports (Boeing’s James McNerney); incentives to invest in the U.S. (GE’s Jeff Immelt); skills and work force training (Penny Pritzker of Pritzker Realty); the deficit commission findings (Honeywell’s Dave Cote); innovation (Eric Schmidt of Google and John Doerr of Kleiner Perkins). Apple’s Steve Jobs was on initial lists for the meeting but not the final one. … Meeting is closed press. … President Obama, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and NEC Chair Larry Summers among others are expected to spend much of the day at the event, which lasts from 9 to 2 and includes lunch.

more here - http://www.politico.com/morningmoney/

I also recall the president saying we have to increase exports - I also recall somewhere that job outsourcing are included in the export numbers.  Exactly what exports increased?

In what world can REAL American businesses and workers, the ones that manufacture here, compete when they are burdened with high taxes, Obamacare, RISING unemployment insurance for the welfare unemployment program, etc.?

Why doesn't Obama see every item in stores like Walmart as an opportunity for Americans on Main Street to compete? 

If Walmart built China, why can't Walmart rebuild America?

Why aren't goods produced offshore paying their fair share for Obamacare?  Obama's spending?

It seems like Obama is all for tax credits, tax decreases for the elite and richest global companies, but sees folks on Main Street, the job creators as the 'rich' and deserving to be soaked.

Will any of these companies at his CEO meeting have to pay the estate tax?

For some reason, it looks like the proverbial 'stack' continues to be against Americans and for Obama's global elite friend.  Obama's friends get the gold mine and the Fed, Main Street gets the shaft...

just my humble opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 07:31:37 PM »

Why shouldn't big global companies have some competition? 

For some reason, there seems to be a great divide in this country.  Walmart goods and manufacturing seem to be the exclusive domain of Obama's globalist friends.   No competition ever. 

Excessive taxes (Obamacare, death/estate, unemployment insurance, EPA, Social Security, fees, regulation...) seem to ensure, time and time again, that Main Street will never be able to compete in the US or on the global market. 

Why does it seem like all of Obama's ideas for America are dead ends?  They building nothing but massive debt and depreciation?

Main Street can't save a dime because Uncle Ben, Congress, and the White House are busy depreciating/destroying the dollar?

Why aren't these folks working FOR Americans?  Why do they ONLY seem to work for BIG CEO's of global companies?

What happened to competition?  It's OK as long as you find a dead end industry/job that doesn't compete with Obama's friends?  It's not that he's against you, he's just FOR his friends.

just my humble opinions.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.