April 26, 2024, 09:44:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #58 4/17/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 273639 times)
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2011, 11:51:17 PM »

Anna and Magnolia.....I am so glad that you are doing well.  Love that Hudson...!
The weather channel video of the tornadoes sent me right down to the basement when
our alarms went off.  Nothing more than wind here.  I wonder how those areas that were totally damaged will ever re-build.  Hugs to you.....Mere

I'm glad you're o.k. too Mere!  It's always so good to see you!   

Thanks....I think of you often...!     

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2011, 11:54:33 PM »

Glad to see our Monkeys safe!!! Great to hear from Anna, Mags and Hudson!! Having grown up in Oklahoma and having lived in Texas for many years -- I have personally seen 7 tornados -- one destroying 7 houses 2 blocks from our house. The devestation in Alabama was just mind numbing -- I've never seen so much destruction and life loss in one night!! 

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2011, 12:43:53 AM »

This is for Hudson...the HERO wonderdog!   

I'm so proud of him helping Magnolia! 

We haven't been able to find Hudson a chicken yet.  The shelves are all bare in the
stores.  Maybe tomorrow!

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2011, 12:48:58 AM »

Glad to see our Monkeys safe!!! Great to hear from Anna, Mags and Hudson!! Having grown up in Oklahoma and having lived in Texas for many years -- I have personally seen 7 tornados -- one destroying 7 houses 2 blocks from our house. The devestation in Alabama was just mind numbing -- I've never seen so much destruction and life loss in one night!! 

I think this story is so sad.....there was a small catering company in Tuscaloosa and
they had 25 people in preparing boxed lunches for an event at the University.
The building and all of the people were blown away.  They have found some of the
bodies five miles away from the site.   There are still 230 people missing in Tuscaloosa.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2011, 09:29:39 AM »

I think this story is so sad.....there was a small catering company in Tuscaloosa and
they had 25 people in preparing boxed lunches for an event at the University.
The building and all of the people were blown away.  They have found some of the
bodies five miles away from the site.   There are still 230 people missing in Tuscaloosa.

So sad   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2011, 09:30:52 AM »

I'm sorry I missed you when you stopped by Mere.  It's always good to see you.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2011, 04:17:37 PM »

Please pass along:

https://www.facebook.com/PicturesandDocumentsfoundafterAprilTornadoes

an angelic monkey

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2011, 05:01:45 PM »

Very awesome!  Thanks for posting Lovinlife!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2011, 08:24:38 PM »

I am so relieved to see Anna, Magnolia and Mere (and any others I missed) back with us and so very glad they are o.k.  My prayers go out to the people of Alabama.  I know the American people will come to their aid and help in any way we can.  At work today a girl posted that the fire department is collecting basics and are taking a truck down this weekend so I know our community and other communities will do the same.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2011, 04:02:43 AM »

Yes, I am OK.  And pretty much speechless for a big change, lol.  Power out for 4 days then another day to get internet back.  Also have phones again.

But I am so thankful just to be alive and have no damage as so many were not that lucky.

Does anyone know if the two children in Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga have found their parents yet?  

I will check back later as I am still shakey.  The only real danger I was in was from things falling from the sky like sheet metal and sections of guardrail.  My immediate area did not take any direct hits.  I don't even know how many are still listed as missing.  But at least now we can get news which makes everybody feel better just to know what is going on out there.

So glad to hear Magnolia and Hudson are OK.  Was bad in that area I believe.

I am glad you are okay, Anna.  I worried about you.  I know how you feel about speechless.
It has all been overwhelming.  The total devastation is just horrible.
Hudson saved the day yesterday when he chased down a power company truck from
South Carolina and stood in front of it barking until he got them to follow him home.
They had our power fixed in about an hour.  Those guys were impressed with my boy,
as was I.  I think he was sick of eating mayo sandwiches. First thing I did was make
a pot of coffee for me and some cornbread for Hudson.
We had no damage to the house, but it did cut a wide path in the woods right
behind me.  I found records from a Tuscaloosa doctor's office in my front yard.
Tuscaloosa is 80 miles from here.
Thanks to you all for thinking of me.  I know how I worried about 2NJ when we couldn't
hear from her.  That is why I had my brother email Klaas.

I'm so glad you're back and alright, Magnolia!!   You, and all the monkeys in the storm path have been in my prayers! It was so thoughtful of you to send word through your brother, and Klaas got the message to everyone right away! Hug Hudson for me!!  

Anna!   Even though you weren't close to a direct hit, I'm sure it was scary! I was terrified and there wasn't a direct hit close to me either. I hope you weren't alone during the storms! I'm so grateful you're OK and have power restored!  

Mere!!  Gosh, as good as it is to see you anytime, I'm especially glad that seeing you affirms you're alright! I don't know about you, but I don't ever want to go through weather like that again!  I'm so glad you checked in; you've been in my prayers!   

Blue Moon, I join you in remembering all the victims and their families. Fema was in Glade Springs yesterday evaluating needs. I can't even imagine their job in Alabama....... It looked impossible there and the devastation in Alabama is so much more widespread! I've been speaking to a friend in Chatanooga, and they too are having a difficult time. I hope we don't have storms like that ever, ever, again!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:12:20 AM by CBB » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2011, 04:14:01 AM »

WOW! That's a labor of love! Thanks for sharing the link, Lovinlife!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2011, 09:40:51 PM »

A good pre-mothers day video for those lucky enough to still have their mom's around  an angelic monkey

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2011, 12:19:07 AM »

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=FBCBJ1NU

Happy Mother's Day a little early!!!!

These are my opinions and subject to change.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2011, 05:10:51 AM »

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/list

Some historical record collection's are updated.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2011, 01:14:28 AM »

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/list

Some historical record collection's are updated.

Thanks seahorse

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2011, 09:14:34 AM »

What a wonderful tribute using your Mom's photo as your avatar for Mother's Day, Klaas!     Beautiful lady! 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2011, 10:07:40 AM »

What a wonderful tribute using your Mom's photo as your avatar for Mother's Day, Klaas!     Beautiful lady! 

I think so too Muffy.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2011, 09:33:17 PM »

Hi Klaas,

If you can get ahold of Angie911 Natl Geographic Channel on Direct TV tracing the plane and those who were talking them. It will repeat later.

Thanks, Love, IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2011, 09:36:51 PM »

Meant planes

Hi Mere, Good to see you!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2011, 09:44:42 PM »

They are on flight 93 and then talking about Ted and Barbara Olsen. This is so bad to watch but we must remember and honor.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.