April 24, 2024, 10:20:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #58 4/17/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 273575 times)
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #320 on: June 09, 2011, 11:11:08 PM »

CBB Thnx for sharing the lovely wedding pics.
Our son is getting married next fall and I am not looking forward to the
planning.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: June 09, 2011, 11:22:09 PM »

CBB....thanks for sharing your son's  beautiful wedding. 

Will be waving to you when on vacation next month.....love your part of the world.   Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #322 on: June 10, 2011, 03:26:04 AM »

CBB I hope you share more of the wedding pictures with us, as the ones you have posted are beautiful.  It must have been such a special day for all of you.   The men in your life are good looking too.   

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: June 10, 2011, 06:47:02 PM »

CBB, got to tell ya your pictures are "Perfect".  The cakes, the Son and new DIL, your sweety, the flowers, the bag pipes----I just love it all.  You can be very proud of your son and his new bride.

I just got back home from vacation.  I went to Shenandoah Valley (Woodstock, VA) and visited my ancestors homeland---Fort Valley, VA.  I bought a book called "Welcome to Fort Valley,,,,,The History and Culture of Virginia's "Valley Within A Valley"".  Me and hubby were driving around the Seven Fountains area where my ancestors are from and there is a woman and man walking the old road, we passed them, I told my hubby to back up--I want to talk to them and see what info there can give me on the area.  So I am talking to this guy about my family and asking where exactly the ancestors land was and I told him I got this book about the area and I loved it.  Well, his wife asked me if I had any idea who I was speaking to?  I told her NO and she said he is the one who wrote the book.  I absolutely went wild that I was sitting here talking to the man who wrote that great book.  He told me everything he could of the area, told us where to find the land (turns out the land was a former spa called Burner Springs because it had seven fountain springs on the land and they bought the land from my ancestors).  I found the land by the landmark he told me to look for.  I now have LOTS of photo's of the land, the springs, the lake, the creek etc. This may not be of interest to most of you but I was just so happy to be able to visit my great-great-great-great grandfathers land back in the 1750-1800's.  So now I am into the 1600's which will take me back to Ireland to find the remainder of the family.

Also, we were so close to Gettysburg that we drove the additional 130 miles and visited the Gettysburg National Battlefield and Cemetary.  It was awe inspiring.  The land, the monuments, the cemetery which is also where Abe Lincoln gave the Gettysburg address.  I took pictures of each states monument which were erected about 1900.  I couldn't find Kentucky so I asked about a park employee about it and he explained that Kentucky did not have any regiments in the battle BUT they did contribute a monument and it was erected at the spot of Lincoln's address and it is dedicated to native son.  It was fantastic.

Sorry to tell this but I was so excited about my trip I had to tell someone!!!  My son just doesn't understand all my excitement about this.   

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: June 10, 2011, 09:43:21 PM »

CBB, got to tell ya your pictures are "Perfect".  The cakes, the Son and new DIL, your sweety, the flowers, the bag pipes----I just love it all.  You can be very proud of your son and his new bride.

I just got back home from vacation.  I went to Shenandoah Valley (Woodstock, VA) and visited my ancestors homeland---Fort Valley, VA.  I bought a book called "Welcome to Fort Valley,,,,,The History and Culture of Virginia's "Valley Within A Valley"".  Me and hubby were driving around the Seven Fountains area where my ancestors are from and there is a woman and man walking the old road, we passed them, I told my hubby to back up--I want to talk to them and see what info there can give me on the area.  So I am talking to this guy about my family and asking where exactly the ancestors land was and I told him I got this book about the area and I loved it.  Well, his wife asked me if I had any idea who I was speaking to?  I told her NO and she said he is the one who wrote the book.  I absolutely went wild that I was sitting here talking to the man who wrote that great book.  He told me everything he could of the area, told us where to find the land (turns out the land was a former spa called Burner Springs because it had seven fountain springs on the land and they bought the land from my ancestors).  I found the land by the landmark he told me to look for.  I now have LOTS of photo's of the land, the springs, the lake, the creek etc. This may not be of interest to most of you but I was just so happy to be able to visit my great-great-great-great grandfathers land back in the 1750-1800's.  So now I am into the 1600's which will take me back to Ireland to find the remainder of the family.

Also, we were so close to Gettysburg that we drove the additional 130 miles and visited the Gettysburg National Battlefield and Cemetary.  It was awe inspiring.  The land, the monuments, the cemetery which is also where Abe Lincoln gave the Gettysburg address.  I took pictures of each states monument which were erected about 1900.  I couldn't find Kentucky so I asked about a park employee about it and he explained that Kentucky did not have any regiments in the battle BUT they did contribute a monument and it was erected at the spot of Lincoln's address and it is dedicated to native son.  It was fantastic.

Sorry to tell this but I was so excited about my trip I had to tell someone!!!  My son just doesn't understand all my excitement about this.   

I think it's fascinating.  Imagine talking to the author about his own book!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: June 10, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »

CBB your pictures are beautiful.  I love the cake.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: June 10, 2011, 10:22:11 PM »

Has anyone played the guitar on Google.  It's a tribute to Les Paul.  It's pretty cool and you can even record what you play.

http://www.google.com/logos/2011/lespaul.html
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: June 10, 2011, 11:34:45 PM »

Has anyone played the guitar on Google.  It's a tribute to Les Paul.  It's pretty cool and you can even record what you play.

I just tried playing it; it's fun!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2011, 12:16:47 AM »

Thanks San  that is so cool my grandson can hardly wait to play it.   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #329 on: June 11, 2011, 12:25:02 AM »

Blue Moon that is so exciting about meeting the man how wrote the book.  I can understand your excitement about all the discoveries about your ancestors.  That's how I felt when I found the old cemetery my great great great grandfather and family were. It makes them so much more than just names

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #330 on: June 11, 2011, 02:22:57 PM »

I LOVE THIS!!    Thanks San!!

My "song" :

http://goo.gl/doodle/V0vC3

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2011, 03:22:16 PM »

CBB....lovely wedding photos

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: June 12, 2011, 01:53:31 AM »

I LOVE THIS!!    Thanks San!!

My "song" :

http://goo.gl/doodle/V0vC3

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #333 on: June 12, 2011, 10:29:12 AM »

I love the wedding photos CBB, sooooo pretty, gorgeous dress...thanks for sharing!   

Blue Moon, how exciting!  So glad you were able to find the information and take pictures to document your family's history!  One of my sons has been to Gettysburg with his grandparents, both sons and DH absolutely love history so he really enjoyed going there.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: June 12, 2011, 01:31:03 PM »

Blue Moon -that is so cool!

I'm counting on lots of photos from your Ireland trip now 
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: June 12, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »

Klaas, only problem with going to Ireland is I DO NOT FLY.  I have an extreme fear of flying (heights, dizziness to the point of passing out).  Cannot even drive across big bridges (in our area the Ohio River).  I have to check maps out before we leave and see what bridges I cannot drive across.  You say take a ship over to Ireland---no can do.  Extreme fear of water also.  Heights and water get me every time.  You think I am kidding-get this, I quit a job once because they expected me to fly to their home office.  I informed them I would not fly before I accepted the job and it was no problem to them at that point and even said I would not have to fly.  Three months later all that had changed and they informed me I would have to every quarter for meetings.  Imagine their surprise when I gave my notice.  He could not believe it.   

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: June 12, 2011, 06:02:01 PM »

Klaas, only problem with going to Ireland is I DO NOT FLY.  I have an extreme fear of flying (heights, dizziness to the point of passing out).  Cannot even drive across big bridges (in our area the Ohio River).  I have to check maps out before we leave and see what bridges I cannot drive across.  You say take a ship over to Ireland---no can do.  Extreme fear of water also.  Heights and water get me every time.  You think I am kidding-get this, I quit a job once because they expected me to fly to their home office.  I informed them I would not fly before I accepted the job and it was no problem to them at that point and even said I would not have to fly.  Three months later all that had changed and they informed me I would have to every quarter for meetings.  Imagine their surprise when I gave my notice.  He could not believe it.   

My suggestion then.....Google Maps or  Monkey Devil!

http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/countries/ireland-guide/?source=A-to-Z

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #337 on: June 13, 2011, 06:01:19 PM »

Elegant

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
crazybabyborg
« Reply #338 on: June 14, 2011, 02:05:06 AM »

Thank you all for your kind comments!!   
I've collected a few more pictures........ I'm STILL waiting on the photographer's photos! I did start a thread with the new photos and will post more wedding pictures when the photographer finally comes through!

Wedding Pictures in the Monkey Lounge:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=10481.new#new
crazybabyborg
« Reply #339 on: June 14, 2011, 02:20:24 AM »

Oh, Blue Moon!! I understand it!!  What an incredible experience! You must have felt like you had won the lottery, and you are a great reminder to all of us to listen to our instincts (even when they say "BACK UP!")  You'll have to post some pictures for us of your ancestor's land! Blue Moon? I think you should take a vallium or two and GO TO IRELAND!!! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.