April 18, 2024, 10:30:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #58 4/17/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 273380 times)
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #460 on: July 24, 2011, 08:41:02 AM »

We are missing a few of our very regular posters and hope they are okay!  Thank you Klaas for the info on DD and very sorry that happened.  Where o' where are our Monkeys?
Wildingheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #461 on: July 24, 2011, 09:15:42 AM »

We are missing a few of our very regular posters and hope they are okay!  Thank you Klaas for the info on DD and very sorry that happened.  Where o' where are our Monkeys?
I believe some people are in such deep shock over the Casey verdict that they are trying to recoup. I've never seen a reaction to any event to compare to that one and it was to me, like a kick in the gut that knocked the breath out of me and it is taking me awhile to catch my breath.

There's no doubt in my mind they will be back.

My Blog: http://moonsmuse.blogspot.com/

"If we don't stand up for children, then we don't stand for much." ~Marian Wright Edelman.

"I'd rather sit alone on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion." ~Henry David Thoreau.
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #462 on: July 25, 2011, 01:46:37 AM »

I am still here. We r dying in this Ohio heatwave. Tues. on Lake Erie, it was 102 !
Thank goodness for a/c. I hate t c my next electric bill, but who could live without
a/c ?

It is 84 here now and it is 130 am. This is so unusual and no break in site !

I decided to be good 99 % of the time. If hell is anything like this,
I will pledge to be good. Maybe ! LOL 

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: July 27, 2011, 09:49:52 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys - I have a question for anyone...

Are there any monkeys that live in the San Diego CA area or are very familiar with the city...my son is moving there for about 2-3 months to do an internship and needs a place to live.  Other than Craigslist, we are looking for resources to help in his quest for living accomodations.

If there is a monkey who can help, maybe we can exchange emails?

cadillac
crazybabyborg
« Reply #464 on: July 27, 2011, 05:40:38 PM »

I am still here. We r dying in this Ohio heatwave. Tues. on Lake Erie, it was 102 !
Thank goodness for a/c. I hate t c my next electric bill, but who could live without
a/c ?

It is 84 here now and it is 130 am. This is so unusual and no break in site !

I decided to be good 99 % of the time. If hell is anything like this,
I will pledge to be good. Maybe ! LOL 

LOL!! It's been an oven.......... no more like a steambath, here too! HOT and HUMID!!!

It's almost 6:00pm now and it's 96*. I'm going to run put a few laps in............. the pool is the only place to be if you have to be out! 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #465 on: July 28, 2011, 01:59:45 AM »

Thank you to all who are prayiing for my SIL.  She had her brain tumor operated on today and things went well.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #466 on: July 28, 2011, 10:23:18 AM »

Thank you to all who are prayiing for my SIL.  She had her brain tumor operated on today and things went well.

an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey  I'm sending prayers of healing for your SIL Bearly.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #467 on: July 28, 2011, 04:59:13 PM »

I believe some people are in such deep shock over the Casey verdict that they are trying to recoup. I've never seen a reaction to any event to compare to that one and it was to me, like a kick in the gut that knocked the breath out of me and it is taking me awhile to catch my breath.

There's no doubt in my mind they will be back.

I think that is exactly what happened to some of our missing friends here..it certainly took the wind out of most of our sails for sure! hopefully they will return to us...xxx

on another matter,
I also had a hamster who ate her young! was the grossest thing ever! the 1 who did survive  was chased around the cage unmercifully until I separated them! evil hamster! my kids never got anymore after those passed away..they give me the creeps to even look at them..

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #468 on: July 28, 2011, 09:56:02 PM »

an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey  I'm sending prayers of healing for your SIL Bearly.   an angelic monkey

Thank you.  She is eating today, which has really helped her.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #469 on: July 29, 2011, 10:45:09 AM »

an angelic monkey

Glad to hear things went well for your SIL Bearly.
shannon1233
Scared Monkey

« Reply #470 on: July 29, 2011, 05:06:34 PM »

Big hugs and hello to old friends and new monkeys! I know, after the NH case, I swore to leave the crime forum forever. I'm sure none of you probably remember me, I was around for JBR, LP, Westerfield, NH, and when I didn't see Nat brought home, and the unending pain Beth was facing, it hit too close to home and left. That is until our angel Caylee's saga began. Although I followed the case daily, form the beginning, every night, I'd tell myself, no, I won't be pulled back in. I knew in my heart, I couldn't take such a destruction of justice again. But, as time passed, I began to be so convinced justice would be served, and skank would pay for the cold, heartless murder, I alllowed myself to follow her case daily. I read here several times a day, so positive justice would be served, but I wasn't able to log on, or reset my password, and besides, as in the other cases, you all were/are so much more articulate and knowledgable  than I, that I decided to just enjoy watching justice come to fruitition, and enjoy reading.
   Then came the verdict. I'm still so angry and full of hate, I'm ashamed. I had to reach out to klaas, and ask for help to get back on the board. I find myself spending hours upon hours researching, trying to find a way to help you all prove jury tampering, or finding a loop hole through the Supreme Court trials, something, anything to help bring Caylee justice. Her beautiful big brown eyes haunt me nightly. I allowed myself to trust the judicial system, once more, contrary to what I had sworn to myself. And for this.
  Now that I'm re-involved, I will try to contribute, and help find some kind of justice for our beautiful angel here on Earth. Because see, I can't wait for the beyond, I'm still doing that for my sis and her 2 kids, as some of you may remember. I so prayed this would be different. It's harder than ever to believe there'll be justice in this world or the next now. But we have to try. Thanks to admin, from the old Sheba1, for helping me come back. I've missed you all.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: July 29, 2011, 05:47:21 PM »

Shannon1233,  I too was ready to see justice for Caylee and was just  when the verdict came.     Despite this, I continue to read and post here and I'm glad you're getting back on board the Monkey Bus with us.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
shannon1233
Scared Monkey

« Reply #472 on: July 29, 2011, 06:12:54 PM »

Shannon1233,  I too was ready to see justice for Caylee and was just  when the verdict came.     Despite this, I continue to read and post here and I'm glad you're getting back on board the Monkey Bus with us.    
Thanks hun! I know, I was screaming at the tv, NO! NO! NO! It can't be! Broke into tears, and called into work. Brought back sooooo many old feelings, and been fighting them since. It's like my sis and her 2 kids all over again. I just can't understand how skank and her egg/sperm donors have gone on with their lives. Dammit, it's been 30 years since my sis, niece and nephew, and with each case, I still seek justice through other cases. I just don't get it. They make me SICK!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #473 on: July 29, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »

an angelic monkey

Thank you for keeping us posted Sis, so glad to hear that the surgery went well and that she's eating now.  I will continue to pray for her healing and for all of you as you go through this.  Love you!

an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #474 on: July 30, 2011, 04:49:50 PM »

Babies are 20 days old today.  All their eyes are now open

And a certain someone wishing with all his might one will get out

Adorable.....doggie wants a treat!   Monkey Devil!

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
shannon1233
Scared Monkey

« Reply #475 on: July 31, 2011, 12:03:40 AM »

Aww, adorable NRose they look just like the ones that keep the wheel in my head turning, which reminds me,

For fellow doggy lovers, I'm going to do this right now, need a warm, furry hug and hubby's busy so.... an angelic monkey

I Am Your Dog

I am your dog, and I have a little something I would like to whisper in your
ear.

I know that you humans lead busy lives. Some have to work. Some have
children to raise. It always seems like you are running here and there,
often much too fast, often never noticing the truly grand things in life.

Look down at me now, while you sit there at your computer. See, the way my
dark brown eyes look at yours. They are slightly cloudy now. That comes with
age. The gray hairs are beginning to ring my soft muzzle.

You smile at me; I see love in your eyes. What do you see in mine? Do you
see a spirit? A soul inside, who loves you as no other could in the world? A
spirit that would forgive all trespasses of prior wrongdoing for just a
simple moment of your time?

That is all I ask. To slow down, if even for a few minutes to be with me.

So many times, you have been saddened by the words you read on that screen,
of other of my kind, passing. Sometimes we die young and oh so quickly,
sometimes so suddenly it wrenches your heart out of your throat. Sometimes,
we age so slowly before your eyes that you may not even seem to know until
the very end, when we look at you with grizzled muzzles and cataract clouded
eyes. Still the love is always there, even when we must take that long sleep
to run free in a distant land.

I may not be here next week. Someday you will shed the water from your eyes,
that humans have when deep grief fills their souls, and you will be angry at
yourself that you did not have just "One more day" with me. Because I love
you so, your sorrow touches my spirit and grieves me. We have NOW, together.

So come, sit down here next to me on the floor, and look deep into my eyes.
What do you see? If you look hard and deep enough we will talk, you and I,
heart to heart. Come to me not as "alpha" or as "trainer" or even "Mom or
Dad," come to me as a living soul and stroke my fur and let us look deep
into another's eyes, and talk.

I may tell you something about the fun of chasing a tennis ball, or I may
tell you something profound about myself or even life in general. You
decided to have me in your life because you wanted a soul to share such
things with.

Someone very different from you, and here I am.

I am a dog, but I am alive. I feel emotion, I feel physical senses, and I
can revel in the differences of our spirits and souls. I do not think of you
as a "Dog on two feet"- I know what you are. You are human, in all of your
quirkiness, and I love you still.

Now, come sit with me on the floor. Enter my world, and let time slow down
if only for 15 minutes. Look deep into my eyes, and whisper to my ears.
Speak with your heart, with your joy and I will know your true self.

We may not have tomorrow, and life is oh so very short.

--Love, (on behalf of canines everywhere)
Author Unknown
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: July 31, 2011, 02:28:36 AM »

an angelic monkey

Glad to hear things went well for your SIL Bearly.

Thanks, San!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: July 31, 2011, 02:31:22 AM »

an angelic monkey

Thank you for keeping us posted Sis, so glad to hear that the surgery went well and that she's eating now.  I will continue to pray for her healing and for all of you as you go through this.  Love you!

an angelic monkey

Thank you, TM, we really appreciate it.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #478 on: July 31, 2011, 02:32:57 AM »

Pharlap, love the new slower version of you. 

I believe in miracles!
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #479 on: July 31, 2011, 07:53:51 AM »

Pharlap, love the new slower version of you. 

Klaas actually made it a while ago as a joke.
Didn't realize till Blonde said something about the fast version giving her a headache....so I replaced it...

btw, this has some cute pic's .  However not fond of the dad.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2016584/Dont-mess-dad-Cub-steps-line-intimate-series-photos-lion-family-life.html

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.