March 28, 2024, 01:47:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #58 4/17/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 272874 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #540 on: August 09, 2011, 08:29:21 PM »

LEP....praying for that beautiful grandbaby....!

Blue Moon and CBB....we wait in line for the Mennonite Farm Stand to open with their corn.
This year it is a yellow and white and is just delicious.  The kids shuck it if you wish...and I
usually wish....lol.

Blue Moon I passed your way this week coming home from vacation.  Had delicious lunch at
the Red Lobster....also checked out a number of other places for the next time.....yum.

Sister...I see your name here today.  Hope you are feeling much better.  You have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Now to go read and catch up.....Mere

Hey Mere, Good to see you.  Red Lobster, I haven't eaten there in so long.  My son worked there as a bartender when he was going to school.  We went in one night and of course the line was long so we went to the counter and ordered 2 drinks.  My SON would not serve it to us.  I had to go to the counter and remind him we were old enough to drink and if he did not serve us I was going to turn him in to management.      He served us.  New IHops going in by the interstate.  I love IHops.  You need to get my email address and next time you are here let me know.  We just don't go out anymore because of the crowds.  The university will be back in about two weeks and I am not looking forward to all the traffic.

We have been to the Mennonites several times but we had so much rain early on that nothing seems to be doing good this year.  We have tomato vines with no tomatoes on them.  I think it is because we set them out too late and it was muddy wet when we did.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #541 on: August 10, 2011, 12:09:58 AM »

Thank u all for such kind words and prayers. They r appreciated.

I try to look at it as Juliana is 1 day closer to gaining weight and going home.
This is our 6th Grandchild, and the tiniest for sure !

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #542 on: August 10, 2011, 12:41:34 AM »

It's amazing how far behind I can get over here and fast...seems like I was just here but I guess not!

CBB, I'm so glad Kubear did well through her surgery, I hope she's still improving and that the biopsy won't cause more worries.  She's a gorgeous girl.  I love love love fresh creamed corn, and I haven't put any up in years.  My best connection for it died several years ago and I don't get home to Mississippi as often in the summer as I used to.  All the talk about it has me craving it now, so I'm going to have to try to get some.  Maybe my mom or my sisters have a little extra, lol.  Maybe I won't have to do the shucking and cutting if I make a desperate plea...  The 911 call was so precious, I hope her daddy was o.k....and that she was able to get some clothes on...bless her heart!

LEP, Juliana is so precious, I hope she's home soon.  I love her name!  Being smaller, you'll get to enjoy her being a baby longer, they grow up so fast...

Grandma2Maddie, I've only read your posts in the Caylee thread...but so admired your dedication to your granddaughter.  She's blessed to have you, and I know she wants to look out and see you at every event she participates in.  My heart hurt for you reading your post, because I know I would have felt the same way in your shoes.  I don't have grandchildren yet, but I did babysit my grandfurbaby a lot this past summer; she loves it here because she has to go out on a leash at home.  She had a blast here, and I found myself really sad and missing her for days after they took her home.  Can you imagine how I'm going to be about that first grandbaby?  They're going to have to move closer to home!  lol

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: August 10, 2011, 10:43:49 AM »

LEP....praying for that beautiful grandbaby....!

Blue Moon and CBB....we wait in line for the Mennonite Farm Stand to open with their corn.
This year it is a yellow and white and is just delicious.  The kids shuck it if you wish...and I
usually wish....lol.

Blue Moon I passed your way this week coming home from vacation.  Had delicious lunch at
the Red Lobster....also checked out a number of other places for the next time.....yum.

Sister...I see your name here today.  Hope you are feeling much better.  You have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Now to go read and catch up.....Mere

Hey Mere, Good to see you.  Red Lobster, I haven't eaten there in so long.  My son worked there as a bartender when he was going to school.  We went in one night and of course the line was long so we went to the counter and ordered 2 drinks.  My SON would not serve it to us.  I had to go to the counter and remind him we were old enough to drink and if he did not serve us I was going to turn him in to management.      He served us.  New IHops going in by the interstate.  I love IHops.  You need to get my email address and next time you are here let me know.  We just don't go out anymore because of the crowds.  The university will be back in about two weeks and I am not looking forward to all the traffic.

We have been to the Mennonites several times but we had so much rain early on that nothing seems to be doing good this year.  We have tomato vines with no tomatoes on them.  I think it is because we set them out too late and it was muddy wet when we did.

Lol....I have been off looking at the IHops menu for a half hour....yum..!   You are right...the
RL was packed - with the lobster tank being the entertainment..!  Just heard that I will be
receiving corn and tomatoes this afternoon.  One of the nicest things about living in the country is that friends will leave "gifts" on the porch....this year has been squash, corn, tomatoes, green peppers and onions. 

Will look for IHops in the future.....same exit as RL?

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: August 10, 2011, 10:51:47 AM »

I went to a newly opened IHOP in east Texas a couple of years ago and you won't believe this:  They ran out of pancakes!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: August 10, 2011, 10:56:31 AM »

I went to a newly opened IHOP in east Texas a couple of years ago and you won't believe this:  They ran out of pancakes!!   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #546 on: August 11, 2011, 01:13:56 AM »

I lost my buddy "Rex" this weekend -- I had posted his pic before. Just wanted to share as I know how many dog lovers we have here! 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: August 11, 2011, 01:16:16 AM »

I'm so sorry Wreck.  I know how hard it is.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #548 on: August 11, 2011, 01:45:40 AM »

I lost my buddy "Rex" this weekend -- I had posted his pic before. Just wanted to share as I know how many dog lovers we have here! 

Oh, Wreck............ I'm so very sorry! You're right; you are in the good company of many dog lovers and we understand how hard it is to have to let go. What a handsome gentleman and you can see the gentleness in his eyes. He's beautiful, Wreck and I know he was a Blessing to you as you were to him. Big Hugs coming your way, Wreck!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #549 on: August 11, 2011, 01:50:19 AM »

I'm trying not to laugh, Muffy............ but you have to admit, that's funny! 

I don't know if there's a Perkins near you, but I think their pancakes are better than IHops anyway! 
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #550 on: August 11, 2011, 02:02:02 AM »

Thank u all for such kind words and prayers. They r appreciated.

I try to look at it as Juliana is 1 day closer to gaining weight and going home.
This is our 6th Grandchild, and the tiniest for sure !

Prayers for Juliana (love the name). It might take a while for her to start eating and gain, but it is positive her lungs are good! She is beautiful!

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #551 on: August 11, 2011, 02:05:27 AM »

I'm so sorry for your loss, what a beautiful dog.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: August 11, 2011, 02:07:18 AM »

CBB, Ku is lucky to have you! I pray he continues to heal. Poor baby having another surgery but if you got it early, then all the better.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #553 on: August 11, 2011, 02:07:41 AM »

Wreck I am so sorry to hear about your loose of Rex this week end.  Prayers to you and the family. Remember all the wonderful times you had with your fur baby. an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #554 on: August 11, 2011, 02:11:03 AM »

I don't know if there's a Perkins near you, but I think their pancakes are better than IHops anyway! 

Do you think so CBB. Haven't had any in a long time. I don't know if they have any in North Texas but they have then in Florida and Washington, Idaho and Montana. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: August 11, 2011, 02:13:36 AM »

Grandma2Maddie, I hope everything settles down soon. I imagine your grand daughter needs to see you and misses you as much as you do her. I hope you go to her events when you can.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #556 on: August 11, 2011, 02:15:39 AM »

CBB, Ku is lucky to have you! I pray he continues to heal. Poor baby having another surgery but if you got it early, then all the better.

Hi Shell!! 

Thanks, but I'm the lucky one between us........ honest. She's doing really well with this one; barely skipped a beat. I feel much more sure about the decision to go ahead with the surgery while it was small now. 

How are you, Shell? I hope you're enjoying that beautiful pool this hot summer!
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #557 on: August 11, 2011, 02:28:48 AM »

Hi Shell!! 

Thanks, but I'm the lucky one between us........ honest. She's doing really well with this one; barely skipped a beat. I feel much more sure about the decision to go ahead with the surgery while it was small now. 

CBB, yes, am loving the pool but we bought a business in another area and we think we will move closer to where the business is. It would save hubby a lot of commute time and make life easier. I am not up to keeping up this house and dogs! BTW-We have 4 dogs now.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #558 on: August 11, 2011, 02:47:53 AM »

Do you think so CBB. Haven't had any in a long time. I don't know if they have any in North Texas but they have then in Florida and Washington, Idaho and Montana. 

Hi GE!!   

I like Perkins better! Hold on to your seat for this one......... I think Waffle House has a better omelette than either IHops or Perkins! In Kingsport, IHops closes at midnight, but Perkins and Waffle House is open 24/7. Perkins is farther away, and Waffle House is really close, so sometimes when Michael's up really late studying, he'll call me for a Waffle House run. Until he drug me there years ago, I would never have gone by myself. I always think of them as a little "rough", but we've never had any problem. I TRY not to eat late at night and just go along to keep him company, but the omlettes are hard to resist!

Okay.............. now I'm hungry!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #559 on: August 11, 2011, 02:50:06 AM »

Hi Shell!! 

CBB, yes, am loving the pool but we bought a business in another area and we think we will move closer to where the business is. It would save hubby a lot of commute time and make life easier. I am not up to keeping up this house and dogs! BTW-We have 4 dogs now.

Four!!       Well, I don't trust anyone who doesn't like dogs, so you must be quadruple trustworthy!!    I've forgotten, Shell........ what are your furbabies?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.