April 18, 2024, 06:50:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #58 4/17/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 273362 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #640 on: August 16, 2011, 08:47:01 AM »

A big shout out to Klaas and our wonderful Mod's for their tireless volunteer work!  Thank you!  Thanks also to Red! 

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: August 16, 2011, 09:49:01 AM »

LEP - Congratulations to you and Juliana's parents!  She is beautiful and I hope she will be home soon.   an angelic monkey
Thanks to everyone for their care and concern. Your prayers are the best !
Juliana got to go home on Saturday afternoon. (ALL 5# 3 oz) of her. )
My daughter in law gets blood work done 1 x a week, and if it remains ok she can stay at home. Thank the Lord for his protection, &
blessings ! 

Excellent news LEP!  Now we need more pictures of that beautiful grandbaby of yours!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: August 16, 2011, 10:15:16 AM »

LEP - Congratulations to you and Juliana's parents!  She is beautiful and I hope she will be home soon.   an angelic monkey
Thanks to everyone for their care and concern. Your prayers are the best !
Juliana got to go home on Saturday afternoon. (ALL 5# 3 oz) of her. )
My daughter in law gets blood work done 1 x a week, and if it remains ok she can stay at home. Thank the Lord for his protection, &
blessings ! 

Wonderful news!! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #643 on: August 18, 2011, 12:15:12 AM »

Klaas will send some to u for posting soon !
I have NOT seen her for 6 days, so I am sure she has changed quickly !
Hopefully I will make it out there on Sat. or Sun. The transmission (#2) blew
in my Ford Explorer, & I refuse to repair it again. That is mega bucks !

I have about $10,000. saved for emergencies, & I cannot find 1 dang thing with low
miles or that I like on Craig's List ! Buying a good used vehicle is hard work. IF I had
no cash saved, there would be tons available ! LOL

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #644 on: August 18, 2011, 05:10:48 AM »

Morning Monkeys 

A wonderful story with a happy ending. As we see so many that don't end happily. I wanted to share this.

http://news.yahoo.com/father-2-becomes-hero-abducted-girls-rescue-073823983.html

::snipping2::
.ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — The timing was just right for saving the life of a 6-year-old girl and for turning a 24-year-old mechanic and father of two young daughters into a hero.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #645 on: August 19, 2011, 12:47:01 AM »

Klaas~ Dang I figured out HOW to post pics !
I am so tickled to share my new, used ride !
I whined last night about the difficulty finding
one in my budget.

With the Ohio lake effect snow, it had to be an SUV. I feel
so blessed as I found this on Craig's List very late last night.
We e mailed and talked via the phone, and this happens to
be located very near my birth place in Pa.

'05 Jeep with ONLY 15,000 miles ! Belonged to an 86 year old
woman, who had her license confiscated by the son 6 months ago. I am so excited.
Anyone want a house guest ? LOL Roadtrip ! I am NOT bragging, just very excited.
IF you could have seen the JUNK we drove over the years to college educate 3 of our 4 sons. OMG !

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #646 on: August 19, 2011, 12:50:00 AM »

Juliana Helene Birman 16 days old
all 5 # 4 oz. of her.
G'ma. thinks she has the face of angel.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: August 19, 2011, 12:57:29 AM »

one in my budget.

woman, who had her license confiscated by the son 6 months ago. I am so excited.
Anyone want a house guest ? LOL Roadtrip ! I am NOT bragging, just very excited.
IF you could have seen the JUNK we drove over the years to college educate 3 of our 4 sons. OMG !

OMG, I want your Jeep!  I love it!  So glad you found such a great deal in your budget! 

P.S.  Glad you figured how to post pictures too, lol 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: August 19, 2011, 12:58:12 AM »

all 5 # 4 oz. of her.

She's gaining weight nicely!  Such a beautiful baby!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: August 19, 2011, 09:48:32 AM »

http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Facebook-Malware

Through the convenience of social networking websites like Facebook, spammers can easily gain access to your personal information through seemingly harmless (and typically deceptive) wall posts, videos, and links. Fortunately, there are some simple precautionary measures you can take to avoid unknowingly becoming the spammer yourself. This article offers steps on how to avoid Facebook malware.

Know what to look for. Facebook spammers get more and more creative with how they can make you fall for something harmful and more elusive in terms of spotting them. If you notice any one of the following traits on a Wall post, group, page, etc., it's recommended that you don't click it:

• You get a wall post from a friend you never interact with; almost always consisting of a noticeably automated greeting with an unfamiliar link at the end. Examples include "hey Sarah, you'll never believe this but this diet really works! [website link]" or "John! you'll never believe this but i just got a free iPad delivered to my door! click here - [website link]"
  • You get a wall post from a friend, prompting you to watch a YouTube video that you're supposedly tagged in. This may be preceded by an automated greeting such as "OMG Dave, what are you doing in this video? LOL!"
  • You get invited to a group or event having to do with free electronics or clothing giveaways, often to the first 50,000 people who join or supposedly after you complete a lengthy survey.
  • You want to start playing a Facebook game or use an app, and before you can begin, you're asked to authorize the program to post on your Wall, post on your friends' Walls, access all personal information, etc.

Don't be fooled by shortened links. Facebook spammers almost always disguise links to computer-harmful websites by using a URL shortening service, which may mislead you to think you're just clicking over to a legitimate article or blog. In reality, these links lead to sites that can install malware, spyware, and other viruses on your computer.

Avoid giving untrustworthy games and apps authorization. If you get prompted to permit a Facebook program to post on your own and your friends' walls, to access your private information and networks, to access your data at any time, etc., close the game or app. Think about it - would you give a real-life stranger access to all of that information?

Look for telltale signs of spam. If you see a friend posting multiple links or videos to multiple friends' walls, it's most likely the work of a spammer. If you see a wall post from a friend who says Facebook is finally offering a way to see who views your profile, for example, don't believe it and don't click the spam "Activate Profile Viewer Notifications" link. Additionally, pages that warn they are not authorized by Facebook could (although not always) be harmful to your computer.

Take action as soon as possible if you do fall for a spam link or page. There are a few ways you can handle the situation if you find out you've been spammed or are now spamming others:
  • Remove spam wall posts by either clicking the "X" to the right of the post, or marking it as spam via the same dropdown menu.
  • Get rid of games that may be spam by going into "Account Settings", and then "Manage Apps". You will be able to edit and remove permissions here.
  • Change your Facebook password.
  • Consider enabling secure browsing via Facebook Security settings.
  • Download a free, trusted antivirus scanner program (or purchase a more advanced software version) to perform a security check on your computer. The earlier done, the better.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: August 19, 2011, 10:38:51 AM »

LEP beautiful car and beautiful picture of baby!
love the red jeep! glad that you were able to find such a bargain!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: August 19, 2011, 11:53:23 AM »

one in my budget.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: August 19, 2011, 11:54:28 AM »

all 5 # 4 oz. of her.

Beautiful name, beautiful baby!

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: August 19, 2011, 03:30:46 PM »

http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Facebook-Malware

Through the convenience of social networking websites like Facebook, spammers can easily gain access to your personal information through seemingly harmless (and typically deceptive) wall posts, videos, and links. Fortunately, there are some simple precautionary measures you can take to avoid unknowingly becoming the spammer yourself. This article offers steps on how to avoid Facebook malware.

Know what to look for. Facebook spammers get more and more creative with how they can make you fall for something harmful and more elusive in terms of spotting them. If you notice any one of the following traits on a Wall post, group, page, etc., it's recommended that you don't click it:

• You get a wall post from a friend you never interact with; almost always consisting of a noticeably automated greeting with an unfamiliar link at the end. Examples include "hey Sarah, you'll never believe this but this diet really works! [website link]" or "John! you'll never believe this but i just got a free iPad delivered to my door! click here - [website link]"
  • You get a wall post from a friend, prompting you to watch a YouTube video that you're supposedly tagged in. This may be preceded by an automated greeting such as "OMG Dave, what are you doing in this video? LOL!"
  • You get invited to a group or event having to do with free electronics or clothing giveaways, often to the first 50,000 people who join or supposedly after you complete a lengthy survey.
  • You want to start playing a Facebook game or use an app, and before you can begin, you're asked to authorize the program to post on your Wall, post on your friends' Walls, access all personal information, etc.

Don't be fooled by shortened links. Facebook spammers almost always disguise links to computer-harmful websites by using a URL shortening service, which may mislead you to think you're just clicking over to a legitimate article or blog. In reality, these links lead to sites that can install malware, spyware, and other viruses on your computer.

Avoid giving untrustworthy games and apps authorization. If you get prompted to permit a Facebook program to post on your own and your friends' walls, to access your private information and networks, to access your data at any time, etc., close the game or app. Think about it - would you give a real-life stranger access to all of that information?

Look for telltale signs of spam. If you see a friend posting multiple links or videos to multiple friends' walls, it's most likely the work of a spammer. If you see a wall post from a friend who says Facebook is finally offering a way to see who views your profile, for example, don't believe it and don't click the spam "Activate Profile Viewer Notifications" link. Additionally, pages that warn they are not authorized by Facebook could (although not always) be harmful to your computer.

Take action as soon as possible if you do fall for a spam link or page. There are a few ways you can handle the situation if you find out you've been spammed or are now spamming others:
  • Remove spam wall posts by either clicking the "X" to the right of the post, or marking it as spam via the same dropdown menu.
  • Get rid of games that may be spam by going into "Account Settings", and then "Manage Apps". You will be able to edit and remove permissions here.
  • Change your Facebook password.
  • Consider enabling secure browsing via Facebook Security settings.
  • Download a free, trusted antivirus scanner program (or purchase a more advanced software version) to perform a security check on your computer. The earlier done, the better.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LmHBntxcQDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thankyou Klaas for this info.  I do X out all those posts from my FB, mainly because I don't like they room the take up when trying to read friends posts, not there to play games and have no interest in all the other crud that is posted.

I have a GF that is constantly being hacked and spammed because she clicks on everything, I won't even open the E-mail she sends to my yahoo because 99% of it isn't anything she has sent!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: August 20, 2011, 09:35:12 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/20/facebooks-like-button-declared-illegal-by-german-state/?test=latestnews

Facebook's 'Like' Button Declared Illegal by German State

Published August 20, 2011

Thilo Weichert, of the state's data protection center, said the application allowed Facebook to illegally piece together a profile of web users' habits.

"Facebook can trace every click on a website, how long I'm on it, what I'm interested in," he said.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #655 on: August 20, 2011, 11:01:35 AM »

LEP!! 

The baby is BEE-U-TEE-FUL and you have a shiny new awesome car to provide her a ride in style! 
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #656 on: August 21, 2011, 08:47:12 PM »

LEP!! 

The baby is BEE-U-TEE-FUL and you have a shiny new awesome car to provide her a ride in style! 
CBB Thnx ! Your kind words are so appreciated !

KLAAS Now I am afraid on Facebook, very afraid ! Thnx for the info !

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #657 on: August 22, 2011, 08:31:08 AM »

LEP  Your grand daughter is beautiful what a little miracle. Like your new ride. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #658 on: August 23, 2011, 10:56:16 AM »

Thank u ! She is a little doll all 5# 8 oz of her !

I am going to Pa. to pick up my new ride on Fri. afternoon.
A 3 hour drive but definetly worth it. I paid 13,000. and it ONLY has
15,000 miles ! The warranty is transferable to me. I have driven junk for
many years and am excited. After your children comple college, and leave
home, then u can buy better. LOL

Sun. pm around 10 pm, the new baby stopped breathing for NO reason.
Our daughter in law did cpr on her and they took her to the er immediatly.
She was taken via ambulance that night to Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital in Cleveland.
She is still there & we do not know what the diagnosis is yet, but she is
on an iv & they r checking out everything. She was born about 6 weeks early & we all thought she was just fine.
At 20 days old she showed this problem.

Babies & children come to that hospital from all over the US and world ! They r next door to the Cleveland Clinic, &
ONLY treat those under 18. They will resolve this I am sure, but prayers please !

I feel bad as this is their 1st child and this is not a good experience to consider a 2nd child in the future !Eric is almost 38 and his wife 36 in Nov. Careers and home stable first ? I will be in a wheel chair when she graduates ! ha ha !

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #659 on: August 23, 2011, 11:42:48 AM »

I'm here just tired  of playing all weekend ,we went and took the wolf pack camping with 16 other people.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.