April 19, 2024, 10:46:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #58 4/17/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 273418 times)
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #680 on: August 24, 2011, 02:24:52 PM »

Klaas....I read your post with a big smile on my face.

My kids gave me a simplehuman waste can for my birthday...!!!  It is one of my favorite gifts of all times. 

http://www.simplehuman.com/products/trash-cans/kitchen/plastic-lid-rectangular.html

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #681 on: August 24, 2011, 02:28:05 PM »

My kids gave me a simplehuman kitchen trash can for my birthday...!!!  It is one of my favorite gifts of all times. 

http://www.simplehuman.com/products/trash-cans/kitchen/plastic-lid-rectangular.html

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: August 24, 2011, 08:32:18 PM »

My kids gave me a simplehuman kitchen trash can for my birthday...!!!  It is one of my favorite gifts of all times. 

Now you need the paper towel holder.  I'm thinking about getting this trash can next! 
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #683 on: August 26, 2011, 01:21:27 AM »

Yea ! My new Granddaughter went home today. All 5# 8 oz of her.
ALL of her issues per the pulmonary Dr. and neurologist were caused by COTAMINATION of the cord when cut !! Bacterial infection and now resolved. Geez !

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #684 on: August 26, 2011, 01:23:29 AM »

ALL of her issues per the pulmonary Dr. and neurologist were caused by COTAMINATION of the cord when cut !! Bacterial infection and now resolved. Geez !

Mmmm I do know how to spell, and on that note am off to bed. I had 3 hours of sleep last night after the horrible storms here in Ohio. The thunder and lightning helped many trees to fall ! c o n t a m i n a t i o n

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #685 on: August 26, 2011, 01:36:11 AM »

LEP  That is wonderful news. What a way to end the day. Prayers for you all. Hope you get some rest I am sure it's been a very stressful couple days. an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #686 on: August 26, 2011, 05:21:59 AM »

Morning Monkeys Just wanted to say to all our Monkeys that are in Irene's path. Please stay safe.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: August 26, 2011, 08:52:17 AM »

Great news LEP!!  I'm so glad to see little Juliana's health issues have been found and dealt with and she can go home with her Mommy and Daddy.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: August 26, 2011, 10:03:27 AM »

I've started a thread for Hurricane Irene in "News of the Day":

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12031.msg1464788#msg1464788

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: August 26, 2011, 10:16:06 AM »

Thanks Muffy - we have several SM members in the trajectory of this storm, including SAN.  I haven't been able to talk her into evacuating yet even though she's in Zone A.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: August 26, 2011, 10:35:26 AM »

Thanks Muffy - we have several SM members in the trajectory of this storm, including SAN.  I haven't been able to talk her into evacuating yet even though she's in Zone A.

I hope San and our other monkeys are safe.  I've been following Dr. Jeff Master's Blog from Weather Underground.  I find it interesting, and informative.  Some folks are reporting conditions in their area and etc., and of course, there is also information and like at  SM, plenty of opinions.  (It is a blog, after all)  Some of the graphs and etc. are interesting imo.
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1901&page=17#commenttop

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #691 on: August 26, 2011, 01:43:42 PM »

I hope San and our other monkeys are safe.  I've been following Dr. Jeff Master's Blog from Weather Underground.  I find it interesting, and informative.  Some folks are reporting conditions in their area and etc., and of course, there is also information and like at  SM, plenty of opinions.  (It is a blog, after all)  Some of the graphs and etc. are interesting imo.
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1901&page=17#commenttop

Good afternoon monkey's.

Thank-you Muffy for the thread.  I need Brandi's Dove to send messages Smile 

The electricity is projected to be off for a week or more...and the storm hasn't started yet. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: August 26, 2011, 01:55:20 PM »

Good afternoon monkey's.

Thank-you Muffy for the thread.  I need Brandi's Dove to send messages Smile 

The electricity is projected to be off for a week or more...and the storm hasn't started yet. 

A week or more?!    

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: August 26, 2011, 02:08:24 PM »

I thought I just heard on tv mandatory evacuation is starting for Zone A, because of the threat of the water.  I'll see if I can find a link.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: August 26, 2011, 02:22:56 PM »

Wow....5.8 earthquake in Virginia....but felt along the east coast.  It named Washington, DC,
Philadelphia, and NY.

Anyone feel it?

Yes. felt it while talking to an old boyfriend, I thought wow, he still makes the earth move!  Thank God it was an earthquake and I have evolved!

I hope everyone is safe.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: August 26, 2011, 02:23:31 PM »

The Weather Channel
http://www.weather.com/hurricanecentral

http://twitter.com/#!/twc_hurricane
twc_hurricane Hurricane Central
RT @MikeBloomberg: We have ordered a MANDATORY evacuation of Zone A areas & the Rockaways by 5pm Sat bit.ly/oOhmZb #IreneEvacInfo
2 minutes ago

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: August 26, 2011, 02:24:13 PM »

I have to wonder if mining and fracking caused that earthquake in Virginia.  5.8-5.9 is pretty big for the east coast. 

I wondered that too.

The one a long time ago in Missouri was an 8.1, the Madrid fault? Lately they have had one earthquake in Indiana.

Wish all our East Coast Monkeys the very best and stay safe; look for horizontal lines along your foundation and in your rooms, especially around the doors and windows.

God Bless

Thanks, IBE!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: August 26, 2011, 02:26:59 PM »

It seems that Tuesday's earthquake has cracked the Washington Monument. It's closed until further notice:

http://news.yahoo.com/washington-monument-top-cracked-earthquake-021629839.html

I had seen earlier that the National Cathedral suffered some pretty significant damage. I remember the first time I went to Washington thinking what a loss it would be if anything or anyone managed to destroy the incredible monuments and buildings there. It really is a beautiful place and there is wonderful purpose in the planning of it.

Good grief!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: August 26, 2011, 02:31:11 PM »

Thank you, God, it was something that could be resolved!  Take care of that beauty, LEP!

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: August 26, 2011, 02:32:54 PM »

Morning Monkeys Just wanted to say to all our Monkeys that are in Irene's path. Please stay safe.  an angelic monkey

Thanks, GE!  Many of my family members have had to evacuate.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.