April 19, 2024, 11:33:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #58 4/17/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 273397 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2011, 05:55:21 PM »

These are some pretty scary storms!   

Stay safe everyone!   

You're in my prayers Blue Moon.  The daily tornado watches/warnings are wearing on me too, but fortunately we have not been getting much rain...yet.  So we haven't had the flooding problems.

The weather here today has been really weird, so I'm watching these storms very closely.  My fur babies are all obviously very nervous too.  My lap can't hold them all at once!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2011, 06:18:10 PM »

These are some pretty scary storms!   

Stay safe everyone!   

You're in my prayers Blue Moon.  The daily tornado watches/warnings are wearing on me too, but fortunately we have not been getting much rain...yet.  So we haven't had the flooding problems.

The weather here today has been really weird, so I'm watching these storms very closely.  My fur babies are all obviously very nervous too.  My lap can't hold them all at once!

Watch your fur babies.  Most don't like these kind of storms. 

I just got home and already Tornado warnings are just to the west of us.  It will be a long night and long day tomorrow.  Suppose to get another 1-2 inches rain tonight and also 1-2 inches tomorrow.  Believe me we do not need anymore rain.  I slept through a storm at 2am this morning so today I bought home my radio which is also a weather radio.  I will plug it in tonight and turn it on before I go to bed.  I guess I am exhausted from so many nights of this going on and losing sleep.  We are under a tornado watch, Flood warning, and the tornado warning is only 60 miles west of us.  This scares me especially at night.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2011, 08:16:12 PM »

stay safe~

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2011, 12:58:50 AM »

Muffy I know you are in and out. Just making sure you haven't been hit with any of this awful weather that's been going on here in Texas. That you aren't close to any of the wild fires. I know you aren't up here in North Texas but they have had so many south of us.  That's it. Just wanting to make sure all is okay in your neck of the woods. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2011, 02:34:27 AM »

Muffy I know you are in and out. Just making sure you haven't been hit with any of this awful weather that's been going on here in Texas. That you aren't close to any of the wild fires. I know you aren't up here in North Texas but they have had so many south of us.  That's it. Just wanting to make sure all is okay in your neck of the woods. 

So far, I've been very fortunate in avoiding the wildfires, tornadoes, golf ball sized hail, floods and high winds.  I'm not sure how long my luck will hold out, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  It looks like it's going to be a long season.   
I'm really sorry for the folks that have had to deal with the dangerous weather conditions lately.  Thank you for asking, and I hope you stay safe. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2011, 02:39:35 AM »

So far, I've been very fortunate in avoiding the wildfires, tornadoes, golf ball sized hail, floods and high winds.  I'm not sure how long my luck will hold out, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  It looks like it's going to be a long season.   
I'm really sorry for the folks that have had to deal with the dangerous weather conditions lately.  Thank you for asking, and I hope you stay safe. 

We have been lucky too. Just rain and lots and lots of thunder and lightening.  I am worried about our Alabama Monkeys I just read where 61 people so far have died. Every time I check the number keeps going up. Prayers for all the families that have been touched by all this bad weather.

I think you are right Muffy we are in for a long season.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2011, 02:43:32 AM »

Sadly, it looks like the numbers of dead and injured in the storms in Alabama are going to increase in the coming days as searches continue.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2011, 02:53:47 AM »

Sadly, it looks like the numbers of dead and injured in the storms in Alabama are going to increase in the coming days as searches continue.   

I know the numbers will go up.  Have a good night Muffy

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2011, 04:28:20 AM »

What a harrowing night!! 

Geez...... I've never been so scared due to weather! The power just came back on and it's 4:15am but it's going to take hours before I get the adrenaline level down enough to sleep! At one point, the hail was hitting so hard that you couldn't hear yourself think. I had gone to the den which has windows in the front but is 3/4 underground on the backside. There's a pool table on that end, and I grabbed KuBear and ducked under it! I've been catching up with local news and they've been showing pictures of tennis ball size hail that viewers have sent in. When daylight comes, I'm sure it will show lots of damage to property. I hope everyone stayed safe!

It's official........... the next time they are calling for weather like this, I will not be alone. Call me chicken, but I don't like being that scared by myself!  Fear like that is best shared! 

How do people who live in tornado alley do it?    Before the power went out, the warnings were non-stop. John even got an auto-call advisor on the landline to take cover!  Apparently, Bristol, Abingdon, and Greenville were really hard hit.

Spring has sprung, and if it's going to behave like this, I'm ready to usher Summer in!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2011, 08:48:19 AM »

Sorry you had such a scary night CBB, but glad you are safe.

Hope all the other Monkeys are safe too.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/04/28/2011-04-28_alabama_hit_hardest_as_tornadoes_tear_through_south.html

Alabama hit hardest as tornadoes tear through South; death toll nears 200

BY Lukas I. Alpert
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Originally Published:Thursday, April 28th 2011, 8:49 AM
Updated: Thursday, April 28th 2011, 9:31 AM

Killer tornadoes and thunderstorms left at least 194 people dead across five Southern states, and officials said Thursday they expected the toll to climb.

Alabama bore the burnt of the severe weather - with a staggering 128 confirmed deaths so far and the city of Tuscaloosa leveled by a massive, mile-wide tornado.

"We expect that toll, unfortunately, to rise," Gov. Robert Bentley told ABC's "Good Morning America."

Officials reported 32 dead in Mississippi and 15 fatalities in Tennessee. Another 11 were killed in Georgia and eight in Virginia
 ::snipping2::

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2011, 11:38:19 AM »

These tornadoes are just devastating.  I heard on Fox News earlier this morning that there are usually about 100 tornadoes during the month of April; this April, there have been over 800 so far.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2011, 11:58:16 AM »

Glad that monkeys are safe...sorry for the families in the storms who have lost loved ones or their homes

crazybabyborg
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2011, 12:42:36 PM »

Prayers going out to all that are facing devastation today in the South. This article is from my area (Tri-Cities):

East Tennessee
wakes up to
massive storm
damage

11:05 AM, Apr 28, 2011  |   comments

Update April 28 7:03 am

Thursday morning, East Tennesseans along
with most of the South are recovering from
deadly storms.

In the 10News viewing area Cocke and
Greene counties were the hardest
hit.  Greene County officials are reporting
five fatalities.  WCYB in the Tr--Cities is
reporting that 7 people are dead in
Washington County, VA.  Bradley County
was also hit hard with five confirmed dead
in Cleveland.
Knox County dipatchers report a mudslide
on Sherrill Blvd. in west Knoxville near
Parkwest Hospital.  City Works crews are
efforting a clean-up.  10News has a crew
en route.

Further to the south, Chattanooga had one
confirmed fatality.  Power lines are still on
the ground and multiple roads are blocked.

Fort Loudon Electric Cooperative says that
as of 4:00 am Thursday morning 19,033
customers were without power in the
Blount, Loudon, and Monroe
counties.  Crews are working around the
clock to restore power.

Previous story

After almost 9 hours of continous tornado
warnings Wednesday evening, the severe
weather threat has finally passed out of
East Tennessee.

There was widespread damage in several
counties.  We are still working to get a
complete picture of the devastation. 

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/167651/2/East-Tennessee-wakes-up-to-massive-storm-damage
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2011, 01:00:48 PM »

SOUTHERN NIGHTMARE … Deadly Tornadoes Rip Apart the South Killing 194 & 128 in Alabama

Please say a prayer for the folks in the South that were devastated by tornadoes yesterday. The pictures coming out of the devastation from the Southeast are beyond words. ....

MORE:
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/04/28/southern-nightmare-deadly-tornadoes-rip-apart-the-south-killing-194-128-in-alabama/

Posted April 28, 2011 by Scared Monkeys

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2011, 01:43:24 PM »

CBB so glad you are okay.  Hope all our monkeys in the south are okay.  Yesterday was so devastating.  I agree if this is what  spring is going to be like I say we just jump to summer. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2011, 02:13:59 PM »

CBB so glad you are okay.  Hope all our monkeys in the south are okay.  Yesterday was so devastating.  I agree if this is what  spring is going to be like I say we just jump to summer. 
GE, can we just skip summer also, fall is a beautiful time of the year!
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2011, 03:39:03 PM »

Sending prayers and loving thoughts to all our southern monkeys. The storms moved through here over night and like CBB, the tornado warnings just kept coming. No local damage that I am aware of. Last I heard VA had 8 deaths.

The problem here is that the ground is so saturated that it is not going to take much wind to uproot trees, and I am surrounded by trees.

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2011, 04:08:06 PM »

Sending prayers and loving thoughts to all our southern monkeys. The storms moved through here over night and like CBB, the tornado warnings just kept coming. No local damage that I am aware of. Last I heard VA had 8 deaths.

The problem here is that the ground is so saturated that it is not going to take much wind to uproot trees, and I am surrounded by trees.

I hope things improve in your area SuzieQ, and you stay safe.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2011, 06:44:42 PM »

Stay safe SuzieQ

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.