March 28, 2024, 01:53:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #58 4/17/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 272877 times)
crazybabyborg
« on: December 17, 2010, 01:40:02 AM »

« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:08:47 AM by San » Logged
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 04:23:15 PM »

Thanks San for the clean cage

GOD BLESS AMERICA
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 04:27:49 PM »

You're welcome Green Eyes.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »

I hope I did not stink up the last cage  Smile

GreenEyes...You mentioned freckles, I loved freckles!  I loved freckles so much - I dotted them on my face in HS Smile
I used a eyeliner brown pencil.  Everyone and everything was so cool in those days.  This was a couple years after the white
lipstick fad. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 05:52:41 PM »

GreenEyes...You mentioned freckles, I loved freckles!  I loved freckles so much - I dotted them on my face in HS Smile
I used a eyeliner brown pencil.  Everyone and everything was so cool in those days.  This was a couple years after the white
lipstick fad. 

Talk about funny seahorse.  I wanted mine gone use to try the old lemon juice on the face to try and fade them.  They faded on there own.  I tell you I still shake my head when I see pictures with the white lip stick. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 07:03:04 PM »

lipstick fad. 

Talk about funny seahorse.  I wanted mine gone use to try the old lemon juice on the face to try and fade them.  They faded on there own.  I tell you I still shake my head when I see pictures with the white lip stick. 

Green Eyes,

Thank-you for reminding me of the white lipstick, forgot to thank-you.  I really need a tube of white lipstick, because I have
a couple tacky lip colors, and I need white in order to tone them down.    The idea behind the white lipstick
was to focus on the eyes, but no one could focus on the eyes  because of white lips.

Kids used to try to lighten freckles with your lemon juice technique, funny, everyone smelled like lemons or oranges at that time.

This is so fun remembering the cool days 

I would roll my hair on beer cans or soda cans or maybe baked bean cans, I just remember I stuck my head partially in the
oven (to dry my hair) and my ears got burn't from the cans.  Gee, I wonder how I made it past seventeen.   Very Happy

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 07:05:58 PM »

CBB,

Love the monkey truck!  They know it's spring for good things.  Smile

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 07:25:34 PM »

lipstick fad. 

Green Eyes,

Thank-you for reminding me of the white lipstick, forgot to thank-you.  I really need a tube of white lipstick, because I have
a couple tacky lip colors, and I need white in order to tone them down.    The idea behind the white lipstick
was to focus on the eyes, but no one could focus on the eyes  because of white lips.

Kids used to try to lighten freckles with your lemon juice technique, funny, everyone smelled like lemons or oranges at that time.

I would roll my hair on beer cans or soda cans or maybe baked bean cans, I just remember I stuck my head partially in the
oven (to dry my hair) and my ears got burn't from the cans.  Gee, I wonder how I made it past seventeen.   Very Happy

Makes one wonder how we made doesn't it.  I had those extra, extra large rollers then wrapping your head in a scarf and heading  for the store.  Then the straight hair look came in I wanted to iron my hair but my mom wouldn't hear of it.    

Glad I was able to help you remember you needed the lip stick. 

Seahorse you where a brave monkey putting your head in the oven to dry your hair. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 12:19:34 AM »

Hey GE, thank goodness our H.S. pics were in black & white, can you imagine what we would have looked like if our white lips and blue eyeshadow had been in color!   Oh forgot my bangs were so long couldn't see my eyes.......
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 12:31:32 AM »

Hey GE, thank goodness our H.S. pics were in black & white, can you imagine what we would have looked like if our white lips and blue eyeshadow had been in color!   Oh forgot my bangs were so long couldn't see my eyes.......

Thank goodness. To look back at those pictures I laugh every time. Here we thought we were looking good.  Monkey Devil! Do you remember some of the girls hair was so high they almost didn't get it all in the picture.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 10:11:38 AM »

lipstick fad. 

Green Eyes,

Makes one wonder how we made doesn't it.  I had those extra, extra large rollers then wrapping your head in a scarf and heading  for the store.  Then the straight hair look came in I wanted to iron my hair but my mom wouldn't hear of it.    

Glad I was able to help you remember you needed the lip stick. 

Seahorse you where a brave monkey putting your head in the oven to dry your hair. 

GreenEyes,

I used "Hair so new" to straighten my hair (in the 60's) I think Clairol made it. 
This is after I singed my ears on the cans 

It is a good thing your Mum stopped you from ironing your hair     A cousin made me iron her hair and now
she is a bald monkey 

White lipstick was the best  Wink 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 10:38:25 AM »

Hi Monkey's, Green Eyes & Babskat,

Do you remember Wig Hat's?  I cannot find a photo of them.  I wonder why 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 11:07:01 AM »

Thank goodness. To look back at those pictures I laugh every time. Here we thought we were looking good.  Monkey Devil! Do you remember some of the girls hair was so high they almost didn't get it all in the picture. ::MonkeyHaHa:
Oh ya, the hair......what would they have done without AQUA-NET extra hold hairspray!

Remember all the colored liquid eyeliners, I would have so many different colors on my lids don't know how I could keep my eyes open.......and the black liner, wings to our eyebrows,   ahhhh the 60's, really were the best of times.

To see what has evolved since, wish our kids and future generations could still have the innocence, yet fun that we enjoyed!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 11:26:42 AM »

Do you remember Wig Hat's?  I cannot find a photo of them.  I wonder why 

I can't remember off hand seahorse. But the old brain isn't what it use to be.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 11:56:20 AM »

Do you remember Wig Hat's?  I cannot find a photo of them.  I wonder why  

Try Google Images  hats with fake hair .     You might find something interesting there.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 12:41:15 PM »

Do you remember Wig Hat's?  I cannot find a photo of them.  I wonder why  

Try Google Images  hats with fake hair .     You might find something interesting there.

MuffyBee 

Some pretty groovy hair Smile  Thank-you.  Some of the looks reminded me of the flower children.  flower

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 12:43:24 PM »

Thank goodness. To look back at those pictures I laugh every time. Here we thought we were looking good.  Monkey Devil! Do you remember some of the girls hair was so high they almost didn't get it all in the picture. ::MonkeyHaHa:
Oh ya, the hair......what would they have done without AQUA-NET extra hold hairspray!

Remember all the colored liquid eyeliners, I would have so many different colors on my lids don't know how I could keep my eyes open.......and the black liner, wings to our eyebrows,   ahhhh the 60's, really were the best of times.

To see what has evolved since, wish our kids and future generations could still have the innocence, yet fun that we enjoyed!

ain't it the truth!

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 02:52:39 PM »

Aqua Net hair spray I still use on my hair.  When I draw a charcoal sketch I spray it with Aqua Net Smile

These are a few things guys use Aqua Net Hair Spray for:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=aqua+net+hair+spray+on+motorcycle+handles&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 02:37:36 AM »

I LOVE this ! 

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 07:01:49 AM »

Good morning Monkey's,

Lake Erie Princess I agree I love this avatar, too.

The avatar reminds me of the 1960's - fun and fancy-free. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.