June 03, 2024, 04:53:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #58 4/17/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 276533 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #300 on: June 09, 2011, 02:34:14 AM »

It was HUMID before the sun went down. Unlike me, the bride had the good sense to have her hair put up, and you can see from these pics that even with that wisdom, it fell! My hair went straight as a stick and stuck tightly to my head.    My kid grew a beard........ I mean a ZZ TOPP beard when he started an MBA program, and I honestly thought I could get him to shave it before the wedding. That's what I get for thinking........ 

I told you there'd be bagpipers! Bagpipers and a dog!   

Yeah, water bottles........... in a carriage....... with labels that had their names on them. Can you say P-R-E-C-I-O-U=S?

This one I had in the catagory of "Precious", but I must say, there was almost none of this stuff left and adults and kids alike seemed to enjoy the chocolate fountain. 

This arrangement is in the back seat of my car as I type. They managed to get it in there, but NOBODY has bothered to help me get it OUT! What am I going to do with it, anyway??? 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #301 on: June 09, 2011, 02:46:24 AM »

I'll post one more, but I don't want to hijack Musings with wedding pics. I'll post this one because it's the only one I've seen with me in it............ and it's classic!    The bride and groom don't mind their pics being posted, but I've blurred the faces of the real subjects in the pic. That's me in the background..... uh, huh..... somebody managed to get a shot of my azz as I was contorting to put the jacket back on that went with the dress. John was trying to help. Great shot of the straight hair, too!   

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #302 on: June 09, 2011, 02:51:09 AM »

I had to laugh at the Grooms cake.  That is funny. So glad Bubba did well at the wedding. The brides cake was beautiful.  Your son and new daughter look lovely but it does look warm. The water bottles with their names is cute. But did the people drink the water or save them for remembrances?

I am sure the fondue table was a hit. Loved the bag pipes. I have no idea what you are suppose to do with the floral arraignment it looks gigantic.  I bet you are very happy it's over. The wedding looks lovely Thanks for the pictures.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #303 on: June 09, 2011, 02:56:55 AM »

Your hair just looks like you have let it grow long.  The dress looks beautiful with the jacket a wee bit warm.  But still beautiful.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #304 on: June 09, 2011, 02:58:31 AM »

I had to laugh at the Grooms cake.  That is funny. So glad Bubba did well at the wedding. The brides cake was beautiful.  Your son and new daughter look lovely but it does look warm. The water bottles with their names is cute. But did the people drink the water or save them for remembrances?

I am sure the fondue table was a hit. Loved the bag pipes. I have no idea what you are suppose to do with the floral arraignment it looks gigantic.  I bet you are very happy it's over. The wedding looks lovely Thanks for the pictures.

Guests didn't drink the water............ they drank the Sangria!    I have a fireplace mantle but it's NOT 2 feet deep! That thing has grape clusters (in her colors of course)  that lit up!

Yes, GE, I'm glad it's over, but it turned out lovely, really, and unique enough to be their own. Maybe I'll start a thread to post the rest, and add to it when we get the good pics.......... eventually! Glad you like them GE!   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #305 on: June 09, 2011, 03:03:04 AM »

Guests didn't drink the water............ they drank the Sangria!    I have a fireplace mantle but it's NOT 2 feet deep! That thing has grape clusters (in her colors of course)  that lit up!

Yes, GE, I'm glad it's over, but it turned out lovely, really, and unique enough to be their own. Maybe I'll start a thread to post the rest, and add to it when we get the good pics.......... eventually! Glad you like them GE!   

I really do like them CBB.  I am so happy all went well and they have such a beautiful memory to start their life together with.  That's whats it's all about.  Congratulations to the Bride and Groom an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #306 on: June 09, 2011, 03:07:56 AM »

Your hair just looks like you have let it grow long.  The dress looks beautiful with the jacket a wee bit warm.  But still beautiful.

The dress was sleeveless and I had taken the jacket off, even though it was open weaved (crotchet), trying anything to cool off a little! I had ordered the dress PLENTY large, thinking I'd get it altered to fit. I couldn't find anyone who would touch that crotchet for alterations and the jacket was really too big. I did find someone to add two tiny snaps to hold it in place and that's what John was trying to help with. Honest, GE.......... I'm not being overly critical......... my hair was AWFUL, and the front's much worse than the back....... the "bangs" that usually are swept to one side were straight down in my eyes!    Oh well, the day wasn't about me anyway, but John looked so nice in his tux, that I do sort of hate it, and those pics will be around a long time......   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #307 on: June 09, 2011, 03:12:19 AM »

I really do like them CBB.  I am so happy all went well and they have such a beautiful memory to start their life together with.  That's whats it's all about.  Congratulations to the Bride and Groom an angelic monkey

Thanks, Sweetie! You're exactly right!   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: June 09, 2011, 04:18:44 AM »

Hi Monkeys!!

You may have heard there was a wedding? 

I have snapshots to post that people are sending me but the photograher broke her promise to have them in 10 days........   

Anyway, I was just sent this one, so I thought I'd share it. It's not of my son and his bride    BUT it IS of MY honey! Doesn't he look handsome all dressed up? 

I'll post more later today, but I'm anxious to get to Caylee's thread. It's the first time I've been able to check in here all day and I don't know anything going on!   

Ohhhhhhhhh!  I want one!  I want one!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: June 09, 2011, 04:21:45 AM »

Mere, Magnolia, and Tibro, thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.  We are so grateful for them.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: June 09, 2011, 04:29:24 AM »

Please pray for my Sister in Law.  They have been trying to find out the cause of her right sided eye blindness.  She has a brain tumor.  It is wrapped around both her carotid artery and will squeeze it off eventually and is around her optic nerve which is causing her to lose her vision.  This is the parent of the child who lost his life in a tragic accident a couple of years ago.  It was not his fault.  This family has just been through too much.  My heart bleeds for them.

Thank you.

Bearly, I'm so sorry that you and your family are facing this tragedy. I pray that God will hold all of you in His Healing Hands and that His peace and comfort will come into the hearts of those who feel theirs is breaking. I pray for a miracle in the wisdom and hands of the Physicians rendering her care. Bearly, I pray that the love here will find God's path across the miles so that you and yours can feel it surrounding you and wrapping you in heartfelt encouragment. I love you Miss Bear. You have an angel close by.... the avi is just a shadow of what is.   HUGS!

Thank you, CBB!  I feel the love from the monkeys and their prayers.  I have faith that the outcome will be the best for all concerned.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: June 09, 2011, 04:45:33 AM »

CBB, the wedding was perfect.  I am so glad the bride and groom enjoyed their day and it was certainly made to be their day.  It doesn't get any better than that.  What did you end up doing with the arrangement in your car?

The chocolate looks so delicious, no wonder it was such a big hit.  The cake of the pup is so cute and the bride's cake is awesome.  I am not sure why you are complaining about your hair, it looks lovely from the back.  I guess I will have to wait to see the front pictures to see why you are worried.  If that is the worse thing that happened all day, be grateful, at lease Aunt Harriet didn't fall in the punch bowl or anything to that extent.

Thanks for sharing!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: June 09, 2011, 04:49:27 AM »

Hi Tibro, thank you for the names.  I like Bluey too.  What I find amazing is that he picked up on his name quickly.

You had to see me trying to get them all in one picture.  Boy was that difficult.

I wonder if it is because puppy and Rusty sound so similar that he caught on so quickly.

I believe in miracles!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: June 09, 2011, 06:44:28 AM »

CBB - Love the wedding pics you posted and look forward to the other ones
you are waiting on. 
Think you look lovely btw, love your dress.  You and your honey make a fine looking couple.

Klaas - Aw, your grandbaby looks so cute and so happy with herself.  Love the baby sounds.

Bearly - I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL.  and offer heartfelt prayers to all.   an angelic monkey
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #314 on: June 09, 2011, 09:47:26 AM »

I've talked a lot about how "precious" the wedding had gotten......... uhm...... let's start with the groom's cake table.   

LOL! It was red velvet so it ended up looking like an autopsy!!    And YES, Bubba did his part in the wedding beautifully!

Here's the Bride's cake........ thank goodness she doesn't have pets!   

Love, love, love the cakes!!!  What a neat idea for the Grooms cake.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #315 on: June 09, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »

CBB, beautiful wedding!!!  I love everything about it!!

I want to know what the beautiful purple flowers are.  Are they dog toothed violets?

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #316 on: June 09, 2011, 07:32:36 PM »

CBB, beautiful wedding!!!  I love everything about it!!

I want to know what the beautiful purple flowers are.  Are they dog toothed violets?

Thanks!    Wow, Magnolia! You ARE good! Yes, that's what the flowers in the vase, behind the Groom's cake table, are. A lot of the flowers were compliments of John, including those. I love the color!!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: June 09, 2011, 08:09:00 PM »

great pictures CBB! 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: June 09, 2011, 08:43:08 PM »

great pictures CBB! 

ITA 

I hope you start a thread to post more pictures CBB!!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #319 on: June 09, 2011, 10:13:02 PM »

CBB please start a thread, everything is so beautiful. Love the wedding cake and the brides dress and the picture of John and, need I go on.

2 4 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.