April 30, 2024, 10:46:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #58 4/17/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 274291 times)
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: July 31, 2011, 08:49:16 AM »

I don't know where to put this.  So funny and cute...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/263186/nbc-today-show-puppy-fakes-death-for-pal

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: July 31, 2011, 10:14:31 AM »

I don't know where to put this.  So funny and cute...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/263186/nbc-today-show-puppy-fakes-death-for-pal

Love  it!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #482 on: July 31, 2011, 11:49:04 AM »

What a way to start the day.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #483 on: July 31, 2011, 07:15:53 PM »

Another cute animal video......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rskFaiDIEwA

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
crazybabyborg
« Reply #484 on: August 02, 2011, 03:01:26 PM »

Love the videos, Pharlap!! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #485 on: August 02, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »

I'm just shaking my head.........

I came home from work and was grabbing some lunch. I let KuBear out and she went just outside the door and laid down in the sun on the deck. When I had my salad fixed, I looked out at her and shot this picture:

I was about to put the camera down when I looked out across the room to see this doe watching me:

Some watchdog Ku is, huh?   

I don't think Ku realized she had company so close, but the doe could have cared less about me, the camera, or Ku! It just watched me a minute more and meandered away through what used to be my flower garden. There is no such thing where I live.......... the deer just LOVE to eat flowers! I keep summer flowers on the deck and it's rare that they come on the deck, unless I'm purposefully feeding them and I quit that years ago!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: August 02, 2011, 10:36:39 PM »

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/08/mugshots/
Mug-Shot Industry Will Dig Up Your Past, Charge You to Bury It Again
August 2, 2011

Philip Cabibi, a 31-year-old applications administrator in Utah, sat at his computer one recent Sunday evening and performed one of the compulsive rituals of the Internet Age: the ego search. He typed his name into Google to take a quick survey of how the internet sees him, like a glance in the mirror.

There were two LinkedIn hits, three White Pages listings, a post he made last year to a Meetup forum for Italian-Americans in the Salt Lake City area. Then, coming in 10th place — barely crawling onto the first page of search results — was a disturbing item.

“Philip Cabibi Mugshot,” read the title. The description was “Mug shot for Philip Cabibi booked into the Pinellas County jail.”

When he clicked through, Cabibi was greeted with his mug shot and booking information from his 2007 drunk-driving arrest in Florida. It’s an incident in Cabibi’s life that he isn’t proud of, and one that he didn’t expect to find prominently listed in his search results four years later, for all the world to see.

The website was florida.arrests.org, a privately run enterprise that siphons booking photos out of county-sheriff databases throughout the Sunshine State, and posts them where Google’s web crawlers can see them for the first time. Desperate to get off the site, Cabibi quickly found an apparent ally: RemoveSlander.com. “You are not a criminal,” the website said reassuringly. “End this humiliating ordeal … Bail out of Google. We can delete the mug-shot photo.”

Cabibi paid RemoveSlander $399 by credit card, and within a day, the site had come through. His mug shot was gone from florida.arrests.org, and his Google results were clean.

“The RemoveSlander site was perfect. It seemed like it was just tailored to the mug-shot site,” Cabibi said in a recent telephone interview from Orem, Utah. “I searched ‘how to remove mug shots from florida.arrests.org,’ and the site was the first result. And I paid.”
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: August 02, 2011, 10:50:01 PM »

Awesome photos of Ku and the deer watching you, LOLOL 
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #488 on: August 02, 2011, 11:09:17 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys - I have a question for anyone...

Are there any monkeys that live in the San Diego CA area or are very familiar with the city...my son is moving there for about 2-3 months to do an internship and needs a place to live.  Other than Craigslist, we are looking for resources to help in his quest for living accomodations.

If there is a monkey who can help, maybe we can exchange emails?

cadillac

I live in SD area-would be glad to help you. I am not sure how we can exchange emails but if one of the mods who has my email could help us exchange email addys, that is fine with me.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #489 on: August 02, 2011, 11:16:21 PM »

I am wondering if Ku and that deer are old friends-you would think Ku would have smelled the scent of the deer. My dogs can smell a coyote or critter so close to the house.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #490 on: August 02, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »

Are there any monkeys that live in the San Diego CA area or are very familiar with the city...my son is moving there for about 2-3 months to do an internship and needs a place to live.  Other than Craigslist, we are looking for resources to help in his quest for living accomodations.

cadillac

I live in SD area-would be glad to help you. I am not sure how we can exchange emails but if one of the mods who has my email could help us exchange email addys, that is fine with me.

Where is his internship located? Give me some info and I might be able to answer you here.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #491 on: August 03, 2011, 04:17:13 AM »

I am wondering if Ku and that deer are old friends-you would think Ku would have smelled the scent of the deer. My dogs can smell a coyote or critter so close to the house.

Hi Shell!  

I don't know exactly how she missed the deer or even if she actually did. She's recovering nicely from an infection in her leg but Shar Pei's aren't noted for their nose abilities. To be honest, I see far more deer in the neighborhood than dogs, so maybe she's accustomed to the smell. I'm positive there is never a time when there isn't a deer close by.    If she SEES one in the yard, she'll run it out in a flash. There's also a huge difference in her "alertness" when I'm in the house vs in the yard. I've seen her watch the neighbor's big cat from the deck and never move, but if I step out to water the plants, she's after it in the twink of an eye. Ku's old for a Shar Pei, and she's gradually adjusted to picking her battles. Her protectiveness of me with other animals will be there until her last day......... that's as much a part of her as her wrinkled skin, but I'd bet the sun felt good to her and she was laying between the outside and the door where she could see me inside. Sounds silly, but I know her........ she was still doing her job.

If you look closely at her left front leg, you'll see a little place on it. I've been watching it for a few days, and it was flat three days ago. It's not flat now and I'll be back at the vet tomorrow for them to check it out. My heart sank when I checked it this morning. Subconscientiously, that's probably why I took her picture in the first place.......... she's had cancer and 3 really invasive surgeries have bought her good, high quality time; over 2 years. The growths have always been on/at her back leg where the infection was and I'm choosing to hope it's nothing........... but I can't deny that small as it is, it's growing at an alarming pace. We'll see..........

You have coyotes, Shell? Coyotes are relative new comers around here (since the late 60's) and I've only seen two; both within the last year and both were crossing the road while I was driving. With the deer population as it is, it was a given they'd move into the area. They've been in West TN much longer than in East TN. I have the feeling they aren't as comfy being around humans as the deer are, but I know little about them. Do they present any problems for you?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:20:02 AM by CBB » Logged
shannon1233
Scared Monkey

« Reply #492 on: August 03, 2011, 09:04:29 AM »

Hi Shell!  

I don't know exactly how she missed the deer or even if she actually did. She's recovering nicely from an infection in her leg but Shar Pei's aren't noted for their nose abilities. To be honest, I see far more deer in the neighborhood than dogs, so maybe she's accustomed to the smell. I'm positive there is never a time when there isn't a deer close by.    If she SEES one in the yard, she'll run it out in a flash. There's also a huge difference in her "alertness" when I'm in the house vs in the yard. I've seen her watch the neighbor's big cat from the deck and never move, but if I step out to water the plants, she's after it in the twink of an eye. Ku's old for a Shar Pei, and she's gradually adjusted to picking her battles. Her protectiveness of me with other animals will be there until her last day......... that's as much a part of her as her wrinkled skin, but I'd bet the sun felt good to her and she was laying between the outside and the door where she could see me inside. Sounds silly, but I know her........ she was still doing her job.

If you look closely at her left front leg, you'll see a little place on it. I've been watching it for a few days, and it was flat three days ago. It's not flat now and I'll be back at the vet tomorrow for them to check it out. My heart sank when I checked it this morning. Subconscientiously, that's probably why I took her picture in the first place.......... she's had cancer and 3 really invasive surgeries have bought her good, high quality time; over 2 years. The growths have always been on/at her back leg where the infection was and I'm choosing to hope it's nothing........... but I can't deny that small as it is, it's growing at an alarming pace. We'll see..........

You have coyotes, Shell? Coyotes are relative new comers around here (since the late 60's) and I've only seen two; both within the last year and both were crossing the road while I was driving. With the deer population as it is, it was a given they'd move into the area. They've been in West TN much longer than in East TN. I have the feeling they aren't as comfy being around humans as the deer are, but I know little about them. Do they present any problems for you?

Hi CBB  Ku is absolutely gorgeous, what a distinguished senior gentleman Smile Beautiful pics too! I just had a quick question re the growth on his leg I'm seeing that you're describing. Is it a round hard growth, or is it hard and resemble a doggy nail. Reason I'm asking is my beautiful German Shepherd in my avatar, before passing had these many growths, some on her legs, some on her tail. After many tests, our vet found them to be harmless things, sorry can't remember the name, but I've got it in her old records. They were actually nails growing out of her body in places they should be, and apparently it happens often with some dogs. Other than being a pain in the butt to deal with, they were nothing to worry about at all. They'd grow very quicky, like you describe, and long, just like a dog nail. We'd have them clipped off along with her nail trims, they were painless, and the only draw back to having them, was if not trimmed short, they'd grow long enough that she would perhaps hook one and tear it off causing bleeding. Unlike nails though, they didn't have nerve endings, they were just the tissue/DNA that makes up a real doggy nail, without the nerves. I'll hope and pray that's all it is for Ku. Please let us know what the vet says, and if it's the same, I can post a picture of one of shannon's long ones before being trimmed. It was weird seeing 3 nails growing out of her tail lol. Good Luck to you an LU!  Fingers and paws crossed an angelic monkey
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #493 on: August 03, 2011, 09:06:36 AM »

cadillac

Where is his internship located? Give me some info and I might be able to answer you here.
Hi Shell - I am going to start a new post, this one keeps jumping...
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #494 on: August 03, 2011, 09:14:13 AM »

For Shell -  I don't know how I missed your reply of a few days ago...I have been checking back here and on JSM's thread.

He is going to be out near Scripps Ranch Boulevard - he is awaiting approval of being accepted at the student housing there.  We hope that goes his way.  The issue with that is he has to report to work on the 20th and the housing won't let him move in until the 27th so he has a week with no accommodations.  Worst case scenario, is he gets a hotel, but that is going to be costly.

I have been on craigslist, and month to month leases didn't pan out there for his time frame.

There are some more variables that he has thrown in there - I won't go into all of them here.  Bottom line, he needs to make some definite decisions in order to make further arrangements, so that is frustrating for me - I like to have plans made well in advance!!

I am hoping that today some of the "variables" are solved!! 

Any suggestions of where to look for a week would be great - if the student housing comes through - or any advice on the SD area would be great.

Caddy

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #495 on: August 03, 2011, 01:18:18 PM »

Hi Shell!  

Yes, the coyotes present a big problem! We will no longer have cats due to so many lost to coyotes. Our dogs have been attacked several times. Coyotes will jump the fence to get to animals so we have to be very careful when the dogs go out in the evenings. Even in the daytime we occasionally see coyotes in the street or wandering through the neighborhood. Lots of nights we hear the packs making a ruckus.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #496 on: August 03, 2011, 02:13:37 PM »

For Shell -  I don't know how I missed your reply of a few days ago...I have been checking back here and on JSM's thread.

He is going to be out near Scripps Ranch Boulevard - he is awaiting approval of being accepted at the student housing there.  We hope that goes his way.  The issue with that is he has to report to work on the 20th and the housing won't let him move in until the 27th so he has a week with no accommodations.  Worst case scenario, is he gets a hotel, but that is going to be costly.

I have been on craigslist, and month to month leases didn't pan out there for his time frame.

There are some more variables that he has thrown in there - I won't go into all of them here.  Bottom line, he needs to make some definite decisions in order to make further arrangements, so that is frustrating for me - I like to have plans made well in advance!!

I am hoping that today some of the "variables" are solved!! 

Any suggestions of where to look for a week would be great - if the student housing comes through - or any advice on the SD area would be great.

Caddy

How exciting! That area is all nice. I know there are places (condos) that have Corporate housing for short time stays that are less expensive than a hotel but not sure if they go week to week. I would think he could get some suggestions from the Hospital as to alternative places. Keep me posted, if he comes across anything I'll be glad to at least give the area a thumbs up or thumbs down.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #497 on: August 03, 2011, 02:17:15 PM »

If your posts keep jumping, there is something you can click on to fix it but I can't remember what it was. I know somebody here knows, ask them if it keeps happening.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #498 on: August 03, 2011, 03:10:00 PM »

For Shell - thanks so much for the reply.  I am still waiting on hearing more from him today - he doesn't live with me right now.  He was thrown a curve ball this week and invited to go down to Florida to do a different internship there.  I was laughing when you said the Hospital might have a reference!!  His internship is as a fitness and strength coach - not in the medical field.  ha ha

He would like to be out in the Pacific Beach area - and enjoy the young people if possible.  I will be glad to help him with living arrangements if he can make a definite decision about where he plans to be by the end of the month.

He is driving to CA and I will most likely drive with him, it is a long way from AL to CA, and I think he needs  someone to help him stay alert.  Most of his friends now are headed back to college or have a real job so they can't help with the drive.  I plan on staying a few days as I have never been to San Diego - so I don't know whether to just get a hotel for the week he is homeless?  Flight plans for me need to be made!  Argh...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #499 on: August 03, 2011, 06:37:01 PM »

Awwwwww......

You gotta watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyZi-fJ5SyY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.