June 03, 2024, 04:30:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #58 4/17/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 276531 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #500 on: August 03, 2011, 08:15:28 PM »

Awwwwww......

You gotta watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyZi-fJ5SyY

Awwwwwwww is right. What an adorable little girl.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #501 on: August 03, 2011, 08:20:54 PM »

CBB I loved your pictures of Ku and the fawn.  I know my nephew and his wife have given up putting in flower beds as the deer wipe out every year.

Prayers that Ku's visit to the vet goes well. And it's nothing but a fatty tumor.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: August 03, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW TONIGHT AT 9PM ET:

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #503 on: August 04, 2011, 09:00:22 AM »

Awwwwww......

You gotta watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyZi-fJ5SyY

This little girl is amazing.  I am in awe of her calmness.  Heaven knows I could not contain myself in this situation.

CBB, those pictures of Ku is unreal.  The dear is very brave. 

I have dear that come into our back yard and eat the apples off the apple trees.  We are surrounded by subdivisions yet I have dear, squirrells, rabbits and they are not afraid to cross the road (very busy road).  My husband comes in of the early mornings and meets the deer coming out of the yard and they dart out in front of him to get back to the open field.

Another thing----it was 104 degrees here yesterday.  Tied in all time high from back in 1897.  IT IS HOT, HOT, HOT

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #504 on: August 04, 2011, 01:48:25 PM »

One more surgery for Ku tomorrow morning. The mass is still really small and the Vet gave me the option to just watch it for a while and then schedule surgery when I "felt uncomfortable" about it. 

What kind of choice is that? She's had three surgeries to remove masses and all were malignant and aggressive. One was really hard on her because they had to go all the way to the muscle to get it all. Her recoveries have resulted (ultimately) in a full restoration of function and quality of life without recurrence for a year. The cons are that she'll again have to undergo anesthesia and it's expensive, but the pros are that it won't be as invasive because it's small right now.

This one is in a new place and the Vet said it could be melanoma......... in dogs, not such a bad thing unless it's on the foot or in the mouth. There just isn't any way of knowing without taking it out and doing a biopsy. I didn't have to think long; I just scheduled the surgery.

I'm rambling. I just dread it for her and am anxious about it. It's crazy how we come to love our furbabies so much. She's such a good girl and she's so loyal. She's given to me every day of her life for 12 years and laid her head next to mine every night through harder times than I thought possible and through good times. She's asked so little other than to be with me. Geez...... who came up with the whole "aging" thing anyway? That's a plan that needs to be fixed.

If you get a chance and are so persuaded........ say a little prayer for her, will you Monkeys? I hope I've made the right decision. The alternative seems impossible to me. Thanks so much!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: August 04, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »

I'm sending hugs and prayers for you and Ku, CBB.  I can see why you didn't need to wait long to make the decision to go ahead and schedule the surgery given Ku's medical history.  I hope all goes well with the surgery, and please keep us posted on how Ku's doing. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #506 on: August 04, 2011, 02:41:54 PM »

I don't know why I'm posting this hear I guess I need somewhere to get this off of my chest and I feel safe posting here. 

As some of you know while my son in law was deployed my daughter and granddaughter lived with us.  I was basically with my granddaughter 24/7 while my daughter worked.  It was a big change having others in the house with us after being the two of us for years.  My son in law came home last Friday and they moved back to their house.  While he was deployed his family didn't make an effort to see my daughter/granddaughter which is not my fault.  But now I feel like I'm being punished/ignored for caring for them for a year.  When they stop by to get a few more of their things they rush in and out. I know we all have to adjust to a new life style now that he is home but I feel like he is trying to keep my granddaughter away from me.  I have spent the last 2 days crying cause I miss her terribly.  He has family coming in from out of state starting in week or so and they will be here most of August.  My daughter has been working so she is not aware of how I feel.  I did mention today when they stopped by that I feel like I have the plague or something.  I usually go to her activities but when I went yesterday one of his family members were there and I felt like a stranger so I chose not to go to her gymnastics.  I think I'm just going to try to give them some space but it is breaking my heart. 

I just don't know how the Anthony's can live with themselves for what they did and are doing to Caylee's memory.

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #507 on: August 04, 2011, 02:44:34 PM »

One more surgery for Ku tomorrow morning. The mass is still really small and the Vet gave me the option to just watch it for a while and then schedule surgery when I "felt uncomfortable" about it. 

What kind of choice is that? She's had three surgeries to remove masses and all were malignant and aggressive. One was really hard on her because they had to go all the way to the muscle to get it all. Her recoveries have resulted (ultimately) in a full restoration of function and quality of life without recurrence for a year. The cons are that she'll again have to undergo anesthesia and it's expensive, but the pros are that it won't be as invasive because it's small right now.

This one is in a new place and the Vet said it could be melanoma......... in dogs, not such a bad thing unless it's on the foot or in the mouth. There just isn't any way of knowing without taking it out and doing a biopsy. I didn't have to think long; I just scheduled the surgery.

I'm rambling. I just dread it for her and am anxious about it. It's crazy how we come to love our furbabies so much. She's such a good girl and she's so loyal. She's given to me every day of her life for 12 years and laid her head next to mine every night through harder times than I thought possible and through good times. She's asked so little other than to be with me. Geez...... who came up with the whole "aging" thing anyway? That's a plan that needs to be fixed.

If you get a chance and are so persuaded........ say a little prayer for her, will you Monkeys? I hope I've made the right decision. The alternative seems impossible to me. Thanks so much!

Saying prayers for you CBB

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #508 on: August 04, 2011, 02:54:29 PM »

CBB sending Prayers and hugs for you and Ku.  My heart hurts for you and Ku. I think with Ku's history it was a wise decision to do the surgery right away.  Please let us know how Ku is doing tomorrow after her surgery.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #509 on: August 04, 2011, 03:03:44 PM »

I don't know why I'm posting this hear I guess I need somewhere to get this off of my chest and I feel safe posting here. 

As some of you know while my son in law was deployed my daughter and granddaughter lived with us.  I was basically with my granddaughter 24/7 while my daughter worked.  It was a big change having others in the house with us after being the two of us for years.  My son in law came home last Friday and they moved back to their house.  While he was deployed his family didn't make an effort to see my daughter/granddaughter which is not my fault.  But now I feel like I'm being punished/ignored for caring for them for a year.  When they stop by to get a few more of their things they rush in and out. I know we all have to adjust to a new life style now that he is home but I feel like he is trying to keep my granddaughter away from me.  I have spent the last 2 days crying cause I miss her terribly.  He has family coming in from out of state starting in week or so and they will be here most of August.  My daughter has been working so she is not aware of how I feel.  I did mention today when they stopped by that I feel like I have the plague or something.  I usually go to her activities but when I went yesterday one of his family members were there and I felt like a stranger so I chose not to go to her gymnastics.  I think I'm just going to try to give them some space but it is breaking my heart. 

I just don't know how the Anthony's can live with themselves for what they did and are doing to Caylee's memory.

Oh Grandma2Maddie things will get better. I think it's only natural to feel lost without your granddaughter after having her with you for the year. It's hard to let them go.  But please reconsider to going to her events. She will miss you and probably wonder why you aren't there.  I can understand the feeling of being a stranger while the other family member was there. But maybe they think they are giving you a break after having her for the year.  Monkeys hugs to you.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #510 on: August 04, 2011, 07:00:56 PM »

an angelic monkey CBB Prayers for you KuBear. I pray it all goes well and it just some kind of fatty tumor that can be removed with no problem. I feel your pain and will keep y'all in my prayers.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #511 on: August 04, 2011, 07:21:25 PM »

Oh CBB - You are tugging at my heart strings with your anxiety over your pup's surgery.  You are doing the right thing because you feel it in your heart and had no hesitation with going ahead with the surgery. 

Couple of things I can say...First I rescued a puppy that I still have...Cadillac the criminal.  She has been a challenge and not a "friendly" dog.  I have no small children so she fits in our home easily.  But I can see why she would never fit in at a lot of homes.  With that being said, think about the love and care that your pup has received from you and the joy and companionship that he has given you.  My point being, what a lucky dog to have a caretaker like you.  And what a lucky caretaker for you to have a pup like that.

Secondly, this might sound silly...and I am not trying to be sinister...I had the best grandma ever...bar none.  She lived to be 98 and only in the last few months of her life was she ill.  With all that being said, one day when we were talking about her life, she looked at me and said, "Do not be sad when I pass, for I have lived a good life.  When it is my time, just remember me with all the love we have between us."

Please let us know how the surgery goes...I understand the pain and anxiety with surgery.  I amost lost Cad last year as someone poisoned her and it was stressful....but she is right her with me now - mean as ever!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: August 05, 2011, 12:42:26 AM »

Prayers for CB and KuBear.

I know you will make the right decision for Ku.  You always have her best interests at heart.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: August 05, 2011, 12:46:39 AM »

Oh CBB - You are tugging at my heart strings with your anxiety over your pup's surgery.  You are doing the right thing because you feel it in your heart and had no hesitation with going ahead with the surgery.  

Couple of things I can say...First I rescued a puppy that I still have...Cadillac the criminal.  She has been a challenge and not a "friendly" dog.  I have no small children so she fits in our home easily.  But I can see why she would never fit in at a lot of homes.  With that being said, think about the love and care that your pup has received from you and the joy and companionship that he has given you.  My point being, what a lucky dog to have a caretaker like you.  And what a lucky caretaker for you to have a pup like that.

Secondly, this might sound silly...and I am not trying to be sinister...I had the best grandma ever...bar none.  She lived to be 98 and only in the last few months of her life was she ill.  With all that being said, one day when we were talking about her life, she looked at me and said, "Do not be sad when I pass, for I have lived a good life.  When it is my time, just remember me with all the love we have between us."

Please let us know how the surgery goes...I understand the pain and anxiety with surgery.  I amost lost Cad last year as someone poisoned her and it was stressful....but she is right her with me now - mean as ever!

Someone poisoned Cad?  How awful.  Who would do such a thing?

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 12:50:25 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: August 05, 2011, 12:49:06 AM »

I am so sorry you miss your Granddaughter so much.  I think it is only natural.  I hope things change to a way you all feel comfortable.  I hope this is just an adjustment period and after some conversation, will right itself.

(((Hugs)))

I believe in miracles!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: August 06, 2011, 12:16:07 PM »

CBB ...both lovely animals! beautiful pictures of them...

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #516 on: August 06, 2011, 04:34:24 PM »

Ku is a beautiful looking girl.  I hope she is recovering well from her surgery.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #517 on: August 06, 2011, 04:41:49 PM »

Hope your situation sorts itself out soon and that your SIL comes to respect the devotion and care you've given to his family while he was not there.  Maybe he is just trying to get back to life as it was before he went away and hasn't had much tie to give thought to anything else.
 an angelic monkey
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #518 on: August 06, 2011, 09:02:56 PM »

Oh hugs friend...I feel like I know you from Caylee's thread.

I think it is so hard to go through all those changes and then not have your dear grand daughter with you each day.  I am sure after the home coming activities wind down you will be able to see her more often.  It must be very hard to have her her there with you all the time and then not at all..like going cold turkey.  I would still try to go to her activities to let her know you are still there for her ..I am sure she misses you too. 

I think sometimes grown children don't realize how attached we grow to them once they move back in with us..and how we adore being the grandparents there for the little ones each day.  It is like empty nesting all over again for you..with the added missing of your grand daughter as well as your daughter.  I hope they come to realize what a huge help you were to them while he was deployed.

I will keep you in my prayers Grandma2Maddie..your name says how much that dear child means to you.

an angelic monkey

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
crazybabyborg
« Reply #519 on: August 06, 2011, 09:31:05 PM »

Hi Monkeys! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the well wishes and prayers for KuBear! She's doing well. The stitches come out in ten days and the biopsy should be back by then.

I'm busy putting up corn this week-end........... whew! The timing is good though, because I can keep an eye on Ku while I'm home.

Grandma2Maddie............ my heart goes out to you. I'm hoping that when things settle down from the changes, you will find yourself a big part of their lives. A family is so important....... for all of you! Sending you Big Heartfelt Hugs!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.