June 03, 2024, 02:20:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #58 4/17/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 276501 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: September 08, 2011, 12:35:40 AM »

I can't take any credit for her "cuteness" as she is a "step" grand daughter.    

She just always seems so happy.  I do know she is spoiled rotten and not because of her grandparents, her mom buys her everything  an angelic monkey  So much so I can't even figure out what to get her for her birthday, LOL.  We are getting one big thing but as far as little toys, I think she almost has them all. 
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #741 on: September 08, 2011, 01:52:44 AM »

I remarried a wonderful man 30 years ago.
I had 4 sons and he had 3......
Someone mention "step" 1 x and he said that the ONLY "steps"
in the house were those that went up and down stairs !

They were all little and I was lucky !

With divorce being so common today,
I think people call things what they really are.
The 21st century is tough for me being an old school gal !

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #742 on: September 08, 2011, 04:12:13 PM »

Apparently Drunken Elk are a major problem this time of year, in Sweden, when apples begin to ferment. This guy just couldn't belly back from the bar and got stuck. He'd been at it all day.....

He's fine, but it makes me remember my youth fondly!   

http://www.thelocal.se/36002/20110907/
crazybabyborg
« Reply #743 on: September 08, 2011, 04:14:44 PM »

She will be 1 on Sept 22  an angelic monkey

OMG! How precious is she???!!! Look at that smile!! Aw, she's adorable, Klaas!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #744 on: September 08, 2011, 04:16:35 PM »

This is my Granddaughter, Juliana, who was born 6 weeks premature on 08/02. She weighed
all of 4# 4 oz.

Our daughter in law is addicted to Starbucks latte. After being cooped up for 1 mo., she went for her
1st cup !  This is Juliana at Starbucks when she was 1 day shy of 1 mo. old.

Lisa took this pic for a joke, and NEVER realized HOW tiny Jules really is ! LOL
I just had to share this and thank all of you for your prayers and thoughts during her
rough start in life !

She had a rough start, but she looks like she's thriving now, LEP!!   

She's a real cutie and I know the apple of your eye!!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: September 08, 2011, 09:51:58 PM »

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904836104576559322589333398.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
Power Outage Hits Southern California
September 8, 2011

LOS ANGELES—A massive power outage cut electricity to a large swath of Southern California, and parts of Arizona and Mexico, after a high-voltage transmission line "tripped out of service," according to California's grid operator.

The power loss was centered in San Diego County and Southern Orange County, but it extended to Arizona and the Mexican state of Baja California, the California Independent System Operator said. The high-voltage transmission line that tripped transports electricity from power plants in Arizona to customers in Southern California.

At a televised news conference Thursday, an official with San Diego Gas & Electric said residents in the affected areas could expect to be without power through the rest of the night and into Friday.
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #746 on: September 08, 2011, 11:24:10 PM »

I am checking to see if Klaas and other Southern Calif Monkeys are all right. Just read where there is a huge power outage from San Diego up to Orange Co. Riverside Co. into Arizona and parts of New Mexico. Prayers everyone's okay.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: September 08, 2011, 11:33:08 PM »

OK power out on bb.  Hopefully power by tomorrow
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #748 on: September 09, 2011, 12:52:19 AM »

The granddaughter pictures are so precious LEP and Klaas!   

Hope you get power soon Klaas!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #749 on: September 09, 2011, 02:58:54 AM »

OK power out on bb.  Hopefully power by tomorrow

Here's hoping everyone gets power back soon. Thank you Klaas for letting us know you guys were ok.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #750 on: September 09, 2011, 03:04:36 AM »

Apparently Drunken Elk are a major problem this time of year, in Sweden, when apples begin to ferment. This guy just couldn't belly back from the bar and got stuck. He'd been at it all day.....

He's fine, but it makes me remember my youth fondly!   

http://www.thelocal.se/36002/20110907/

So glad to read it wasn't hurt.  But you have to admit that is funny::MonkeyDevil:: Monkey Devil!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: September 09, 2011, 07:49:23 AM »

Power back on at my house and I imagine most others in Southern California.  Boy, that really sucked not to have power all night!  We did pretty well though, had plenty of food and water and a radio to stay updated with everything.  Temperature dropped last night too so it was tolerable without the fans.  Our old corded phones, which we still have 2 of for these types of power outages, came in handy too!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: September 09, 2011, 08:07:08 AM »

Power back on at my house and I imagine most others in Southern California.  Boy, that really sucked not to have power all night!  We did pretty well though, had plenty of food and water and a radio to stay updated with everything.  Temperature dropped last night too so it was tolerable without the fans.  Our old corded phones, which we still have 2 of for these types of power outages, came in handy too!

I'm glad to hear you're powered up again.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #753 on: September 09, 2011, 01:32:42 PM »

Glad to hear you have power again. That all is well.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: September 09, 2011, 02:26:53 PM »

Klaas....so glad to hear from you. 

You reminded me of why I stop short of selling the last
corded phone at a garage sale. 

Do you have one of those crank up radios?  I bought one for the Louisiana kids for their hurricane basket, and they have used it 4 or 5 times for loss of
electricity.  They were out five days a couple of years ago and thought this was great entertainment..!

Let me find the link...lol.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #755 on: September 09, 2011, 02:28:53 PM »

http://www.hurricanestore.com/product222.html

This is the model...but I got it at Radio Shack.  I have the same one in my "tornado warning...
going to the basement" bag.  It is great...!

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: September 09, 2011, 04:17:10 PM »

http://www.hurricanestore.com/product222.html

This is the model...but I got it at Radio Shack.  I have the same one in my "tornado warning...
going to the basement" bag.  It is great...!

I want to get one of those.  We do have a flashlight you shake for power.  The light isn't super bright but it certainly helps.  I used it last night to go check if we got mail. 

http://www.amazon.com/Shake-Flashlight-Batteries-Simply-Recharge/dp/B000637LTY

I also have some of those battery operated flame-less candles which are nice.

http://www.amazon.com/Ivory-Flameless-Candle-Lighting-Promotion/dp/B0046GJQNQ/ref=sr_1_29?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1315599199&sr=1-29

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: September 09, 2011, 05:27:57 PM »

I used one of these headlamps when my electric was off last year during a cold snap.  I liked it because I could go ahead and do things like prepare food and do tasks and my hands were free.  They're also good other times, when you're trying to do something like I was doing last week, which was trying to reconnect my dryer vent.  Withe the headlamp, I could look back behind the dryer while my hands were free to reconnect it.  Also, they require little energy, since some are LED.  I've seen them in stores that sell sporting goods and places like Home Depot even have them, and the price can vary depending on how fancy you want to get. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: September 09, 2011, 07:13:21 PM »

I used one of these headlamps when my electric was off last year during a cold snap.  I liked it because I could go ahead and do things like prepare food and do tasks and my hands were free.  They're also good other times, when you're trying to do something like I was doing last week, which was trying to reconnect my dryer vent.  Withe the headlamp, I could look back behind the dryer while my hands were free to reconnect it.  Also, they require little energy, since some are LED.  I've seen them in stores that sell sporting goods and places like Home Depot even have them, and the price can vary depending on how fancy you want to get. 

OH, I want those too!   
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #759 on: September 09, 2011, 07:28:17 PM »

OH, I want those too!   
They are great, we used them when camping also.......Night fishing especially...Reminds me haven't seen them since the big move guess I should do some huntin & peakin as often as we lose power!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.