March 29, 2024, 04:19:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Facing Closure...U.S.'s...Maker Seeks Relief From Free Trade Loophole"  (Read 1159 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 20, 2010, 12:54:58 PM »

Facing Closure, U.S.'s Largest Sleeping Bag Maker Seeks Relief From Free Trade Loophole

Exxel Outdoors Inc., which employs nearly 70 workers in its Alabama factory and makes about 2 million sleeping bags per year, has been pressing the Obama administration
to lift an exemption that lets Bangladesh import sleeping bags into the country without paying a 9 percent tariff.

"You can't leave an American manufacturer at a competitive disadvantage with a foreign worker," Harry Kazazian, chief executive of the company, told FoxNews.com.

But that's apparently what the Obama administration has done, turning down the company's request in an initial ruling and forcing Exxel to submit another request.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/19/facing-closure-uss-largest-sleeping-bag-maker-seeks-relief-free-trade-loophole/#ixzz18fwFjKRJ

Where are these folks supposed to get new jobs?  An American manufacturer looking for a level playing field and what do they get?  Obamacare?  Ignored?  Higher taxes?  EPA regulation?

Was this CEO invited to Obama's special meeting last week?  The one where he invited big shots? 

It's not that Obama and the Democrat's are against the American worker, they're just for the worker in foreign nations.

I wonder if the workers in America are union?  The workers in Pakistan?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.