April 26, 2024, 01:07:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #177 1/4/11 - 1/14/11  (Read 159180 times)
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #360 on: January 06, 2011, 04:44:55 PM »

The JAC seems a wee bit behind, it only shows up till November. 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #361 on: January 06, 2011, 04:46:35 PM »

By any chance, ShannonDeep, is that Karen Walker in your avi?  I am very slow sometimes. 

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #362 on: January 06, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
01/06/2011           Order Granting
State's Motion for Sanctions / Motion to Compel
01/06/2011           Order
Directing the Judicial Administrative Commission to Retain Confidentiality and Not Disclose Identity of Certain Defense Witnesses (This Order to be Sealed)

WTH is this?  Anybody know.

Directing the Judicial Administrative Commission to Retain Confidentiality and Not Disclose Identity of Certain Defense Witnesses (This Order to be Sealed)

I believe that is related to Ann Finnell's list of witnesses for the Penalty phase- mitigation.
Remember she is so afraid of media 'harrassing' people so much that they would not want to be witnesses for Casey.
You mean she finally dug up someone who has a good word to say about her??
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #363 on: January 06, 2011, 04:48:32 PM »

Okay, Shannon, yes that is Karen Walker in your avi.  I googled and figured out who she is.  I am not familiar with her or anything she may have acted in. 

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #364 on: January 06, 2011, 04:50:37 PM »

OT, AND I DID NOT EVEN KNOW THIS WAS IN THE COURTS RIGHT NOW, BUT HOWARD K STERN WAS SET FREE.  JUDGE THREW OUT JURY'S VERDICT. 

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/06/howard-k-stern-walks-in-anna-nicole-smith-judge-jerry-brown/2/#comments-anchor

OMG, that is just WRONG!

Hopefully the SA will appeal that and have that Judge investigated for his obvious bias.
shannondeep
Scared Monkey

« Reply #365 on: January 06, 2011, 04:53:51 PM »

By any chance, ShannonDeep, is that Karen Walker in your avi?  I am very slow sometimes. 

lol!  Karen Walker (Will & Grace) is my avi.    drunken
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #366 on: January 06, 2011, 04:58:23 PM »

OT, AND I DID NOT EVEN KNOW THIS WAS IN THE COURTS RIGHT NOW, BUT HOWARD K STERN WAS SET FREE.  JUDGE THREW OUT JURY'S VERDICT. 

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/06/howard-k-stern-walks-in-anna-nicole-smith-judge-jerry-brown/2/#comments-anchor

OMG, that is just WRONG!

Hopefully the SA will appeal that and have that Judge investigated for his obvious bias.

I don't want to really talk about this here.  But, I agree with it.  It was a fishing expedition.  by the time the trial was over, they only wanted probation and a fine, anyway, cause I think they realized how silly the whole thing became.  I never thought he did anything wrong, BUT BE A DUMMY.  Much like in the MJ case, I believe will be same outcome, cept CA will now want to make an example out of this doctor.  But, I was happy to read that.  Probably the only one here that thinks that too.

Now, why doesn't other states have things like the JAC.  Why does it seem Florida just puts everything out there?  I don't mind, don't get me wrong, but this is the most info I have ever had available for any case I have followed.   

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #367 on: January 06, 2011, 05:10:13 PM »

01/06/2011           Notice of Taking Deposition(s)

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #368 on: January 06, 2011, 05:16:08 PM »

I never understand these postings. So this was granted? If so, BOO.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
shannondeep
Scared Monkey

« Reply #369 on: January 06, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »

What does it mean?  Are they going to seal the certain witnesses that the Defense calls?  So that they don't get harassed by the big mean bloggers and the media? 
Girlzrock
Scared Monkey

Next year, boyz....

« Reply #370 on: January 06, 2011, 05:25:11 PM »

What does it mean?  Are they going to seal the certain witnesses that the Defense calls?  So that they don't get harassed by the big mean bloggers and the media? 

i suspect it's the Mitigation witnesses, Ms. Finnell asked be sealed?  Maybe?
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #371 on: January 06, 2011, 05:25:26 PM »

I think that's what it means SDeep, but am trying to ascertain if it's a done deal.

Bozo hasn't volunteered his FB profile.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: January 06, 2011, 06:00:43 PM »

BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis On Granted Motion In Casey Case
http://www.wftv.com/video/26393038/index.html
Judge's Order
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26390295/detail.html

http://www.wftv.com/news/26390467/detail.html
Casey's Attorney Ordered To Pay Nearly $600
Posted: 1:41 pm EST January 6, 2011Updated: 5:40 pm EST January 6, 2011
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry granted the prosecution's request for sanctions in the case against Casey Anthony, according to an order released Thursday. Defense attorney Jose Baez was fined nearly $600 for breaking the rules.
Perry ordered Baez on Monday to give prosecutors more information about defense experts, but he didn't do it. However, Perry punished Baez in a way that won't jeopardize Casey Anthony's right to a fair trial.

The jury will never know about the fine, but WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said Baez's actions could have backfired.

"Was there any particular reason why that was not complied with?" Perry asked Casey's attorney Cheney Mason in court Monday.

"The answer to that is I don't know," Mason replied.

Baez let Casey's other lawyer answer to accusations that Baez wasn't playing fair. He refused to provide prosecutors with defense experts' opinions, before the experts are questioned under oath, before the May murder trial and he defied the judge's order to do so.

Instead, he wisecracked that his botany expert would testify about botany and one expert would rebut any false claims made by prosecution experts.

"A lack of maturity, again a lack of experience and it just doesn't speak well of him professionally," Sheaffer said.

Perry gave Baez seven days to write a $583.73 check to the state. It's reimbursement for the seven hours it took the prosecution to work on its motion demanding action against Baez for breaking the rules.
Otherwise, Baez could have hurt the defense.

"You run the risk of having sanctions imposed, that sanction being the exclusion of that witness's testimony," Sheaffer said.

The judge told Baez those opinions that don't go into those defense expert reports won't come into trial.

Baez has five days to appeal the amount of his fine and he now has up to 20 days to provide those reports to prosecutors.

Casey's defense team will be back in court next week to discuss picking a jury for her murder trial. A status hearing is scheduled for a week from Friday.

The judge said they'll talk about the costs of selecting and sequestering the jury. Jurors will be chosen in another county and will be brought to Orange County for the trial in May.

Casey is not required to attend the hearing.

Meanwhile, defense expert, botanist Dr. Jane Bock will be deposed on January 18. Defense bug expert Dr. Tim Huntington will be questioned under oath on January 28.

The experts have been ordered by the judge to provide written reports before the depositions.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: January 06, 2011, 06:21:16 PM »

The Bill Sheaffer video was good!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #374 on: January 06, 2011, 06:44:15 PM »

Yes, it was!  So how does Casey get the message that she needs to ask Mason to take over?  Baez isn't going to offer!     He's got her brainwashed I guess. Of course she really doesn't give a damn about this case, doesn't even want to appear in court even tho a motion was heard and no status hearings.  Baez may have told her she wasn't really needed at this hearing 'cause he didn't want to be embarrassed in front of her.  I still can't figure out why JP allowed that to happen.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: January 06, 2011, 06:50:59 PM »

Yes, it was!  So how does Casey get the message that she needs to ask Mason to take over?  Baez isn't going to offer!     He's got her brainwashed I guess. Of course she really doesn't give a damn about this case, doesn't even want to appear in court even tho a motion was heard and no status hearings.  Baez may have told her she wasn't really needed at this hearing 'cause he didn't want to be embarrassed in front of her.  I still can't figure out why JP allowed that to happen.

That video was the best.Baez is gonna be pizzed.
I am still wondering about the hearing too.I thought Casey had to be at there unless it was a status hearing.I say drag her by the hair of her head to every hearing.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: January 06, 2011, 06:55:23 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/01/casey-anthony-what-will-jose-baezs-fine-mean-to-trial.html
Casey Anthony: What will Jose Baez’s fine mean to trial?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, WESH, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on January, 6 2011 6:34 PM

Judge Belvin Perry has fined Jose Baez nearly $600 for failing to turn over information to prosecutors about his expert witnesses’ opinions in the Casey Anthony case.

WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Bob Opsahl wanted to know tonight, “Will this affect Casey’s trial?”

WFTV’s Kathi Belich said it shouldn’t. “The jury won’t know about the fine,” she said.

The WFTV team’s analysis, which was refreshingly low-key, added a lot to understanding today’s developments.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer saw “a lack of maturity, again a lack of experience” in Baez’s failure to meet the judge’s order and also in Baez’s wisecracks. “It just doesn’t speak well of him professionally,” Sheaffer said.

Sheaffer underscored what could have been a big problem for the defense in Baez’s actions: “You run the risk of having a sanction imposed — that sanction being exclusion of that witness’ testimony.”

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. The trial is scheduled to start in May.

Belich highlighted that Baez has seven days to write the check to the state for the fine — the amount represents the prosecution’s seven hours of work on its motion against Baez for breaking the rules.

WESH-Channel 2 anchor Martha Sugalski recapped the story: ”Perry ordered Baez to provide the state written reports from Casey’s expert witnesses. Baez missed the court’s deadline and is now being fined more than $583 in attorney’s fees for the delay. Baez now has five days to contest the amount or hand over a check to the state of Florida.”

WFTV reminded viewers that a status hearing on jury selection is set for Jan. 14. Anthony is not required to attend, WFTV anchor Opsahl said.

~ Peter Frampton
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #377 on: January 06, 2011, 07:10:39 PM »

Judge's Order

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry granted the prosecution's request for sanctions in the case against Casey Anthony, according to an order released Thursday. Defense attorney Jose Baez was fined nearly $600 for breaking the rules.
Perry ordered Baez on Monday to give prosecutors more information about defense experts, but he didn't do it. However, Perry punished Baez in a way that won't jeopardize Casey Anthony's right to a fair trial.

The jury will never know about the fine, but WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said Baez's actions could have backfired.

"Was there any particular reason why that was not complied with?" Perry asked Casey's attorney Cheney Mason in court Monday.

Baez let Casey's other lawyer answer to accusations that Baez wasn't playing fair. He refused to provide prosecutors with defense experts' opinions, before the experts are questioned under oath, before the May murder trial and he defied the judge's order to do so.

Instead, he wisecracked that his botany expert would testify about botany and one expert would rebut any false claims made by prosecution experts.

"A lack of maturity, again a lack of experience and it just doesn't speak well of him professionally," Sheaffer said.

Perry gave Baez seven days to write a $583.73 check to the state. It's reimbursement for the seven hours it took the prosecution to work on its motion demanding action against Baez for breaking the rules.

"You run the risk of having sanctions imposed, that sanction being the exclusion of that witness's testimony," Sheaffer said.

The judge told Baez those opinions that don't go into those defense expert reports won't come into trial.

Baez has five days to appeal the amount of his fine and he now has up to 20 days to provide those reports to prosecutors.

Casey's defense team will be back in court next week to discuss picking a jury for her murder trial. A status hearing is scheduled for a week from Friday.

The judge said they'll talk about the costs of selecting and sequestering the jury. Jurors will be chosen in another county and will be brought to Orange County for the trial in May.

Meanwhile, defense expert, botanist Dr. Jane Bock will be deposed on January 18. Defense bug expert Dr. Tim Huntington will be questioned under oath on January 28.

The experts have been ordered by the judge to provide written reports before the depositions.

Love me Mr. Bill Schaeffer!!
so now  sweet smart monkeys!!
do yall think baez has seen this interview???

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #378 on: January 06, 2011, 07:18:04 PM »

Judge's Order

whatcha wanna bet that Mason isnt to happy with bozo these days. His stupidity unprofessionalism is well noted and documented in all the newspapers these last few days.

Loca
crazybabyborg
« Reply #379 on: January 06, 2011, 07:21:30 PM »

The Bill Schaeffer video was great! You could tell he was holding back, even with what he did say!

I don't want Mason to take the lead. It's far more entertaining to watch Baez continually have to remove his foot from his mouth!! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.