April 24, 2024, 02:21:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #177 1/4/11 - 1/14/11  (Read 159134 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #440 on: January 07, 2011, 03:57:22 PM »

Hey, Monkeys!  Look at this....
http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
01/07/2011     Order Denying
Motion to Seal Penalty Phase Discovery

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/High-Profile-Cases/Anthony/Downloads/Order%20Denying%20Motion%20to%20Seal%20Penalty%20Phase%20Discovery.pdf
DENIED, NO SOUP FOR YOU, MS. FINNELL!
Oh, Judge Perrry, you are my hero!

Mine too, MONK!   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #441 on: January 07, 2011, 04:09:17 PM »

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/High-Profile-Cases/Anthony/Downloads/Order%20Denying%20Motion%20to%20Seal%20Penalty%20Phase%20Discovery.pdf

Mine too, MONK!   

My favourite lines:
"To the contrary, many potential penalty phase witnesses are presumably already known to the public at large and are already associated with this case.  Release of any known individual's name could not possibly deprive the Defendant of her fair trial rights."
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #442 on: January 07, 2011, 04:24:51 PM »

Attorney Hugo's Qualifications:

PRACTICE FOCUS:

My current practice involves the exclusive concentration on criminal defense matters. This practice includes felony and misdemeanor charges, violation of probation, appeals and post conviction relief. Previously I have obtained verdicts in cases involving capital sexual battery; armed robbery; kidnapping with a firearm; credit card fraud; sale and delivery of narcotics; and aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer with a firearm, amongst others. In addition, I have litigated numerous cases involving attempted murder, drug trafficking, sex offenses and related crimes which were resolved either on substantive or procedural grounds prior to trial. Finally, my experience includes numerous matters which I have litigated in the appellate courts of the state and federal system, involving both criminal and civil matters.

Further information as to my litigation history and experience may be obtained from my office upon request.

http://www.bryanhugolaw.com/attorney_profile.html

This guy sounds as putzy as Bozo does.  He is so full of himself. How many times can a person use litigatd in a paragraph? 

Notably missing from his "listings of litigation" is murder charges.

Yeah, what a co-inky dink.  He probably just forgot that one.  No, really, I did notice that.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: January 07, 2011, 04:32:07 PM »

Youtube of Deborah  Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vkk4Q_wY_s

Dr. Deborah Day is a "Making a Difference" Award Recipient from The Family Law Section of the Florida Bar in October

The Family Law Section of the Florida Bar publicly acknowledges, through the monthly ‘MAKING A DIFFERENCE” award, those individuals who have made a difference in the lives of the underserved or disadvantaged within our State.  The individuals who receive this award either provide outstanding pro bono services or engage in other types of outstanding volunteer community activities and pursuits that improve the lives of Florida’s children and families.  The recipients for the award for October, 2010 are Jacqueline M. Valdespino, Esq. and Deborah O. Day, Psy.D.  A brief description of the pro bono services and volunteer work of each individual appears below.  Congratulations to each recipient, and thank you for your past and continued efforts on behalf of the children and families of Florida.

In addition to her clinical and forensic practice in psychology, Dr. Day has contributed enormous amounts of time as a volunteer not only in her profession, but also to the legal profession and to the community.  In her professional affiliations, she has served in numerous roles with the Florida Psychological Association, including President of the Central Florida Chapter from 2001-2002, Chair of the Ethics and Domestic Violence Committees, and has volunteered her time to the Florida Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts as a Board member from 2001 – 2008.  She also served as the Vice President of Florida Chapter of AFCC in 2006, and the Chair of the 2004 and 2005 AFCC Conference Committees.

Dr. Day has donated her time and professional services to numerous non-profit organizations which include services to the Kids House of Seminole County as a Board member from 2001 – 2006 and as pro bono Clinical Director from 2002 – 2005.   She has served as a volunteer consultant to the Children’s Home Society from 1991-1993, as an Advisory Board member for Family Focus of Seminole County from 1992 – 1997, the Sexual Abuse Treatment Program from 1992-1997, and to HEAT (Help End Abuse Today), whose main goal is to prevent child abuse through education.

Dr. Day has also been appointed to numerous prestigious positions including her service on the Judicial Nominating Committee for the Supreme Court from 1997 – 2000, as a member of the Mediation Ethics Advisory Committee from 2002-2009, and by appointment by the Florida Supreme Court as a mediator of the Child Welfare Standards and Training Council from July, 1990 to August, 1993.

Dr. Day has selflessly devoted her time to improve the lives of Florida families by serving the legal community in many and varied roles.  She has served as Chair of the Community Service Workshop of the Orange County Domestic Violence Task Force Commission from 2004 to the present, as a committee member of the Orange County Coalition Victim Services Committee and with the Orange County Bar Association as a volunteer with the Family Law Committee and the Child Care Committee.  She has also been a contributor and guest speaker for the George C. Young First Central Florid Inn of Court and the Central Florida Family Law American Inn of Court, as well as a frequently invited guest speaker to the annual Judicial College.  She has donated her time and expertise as a member of the Florida Bar Bounds of Advocacy Committee.

Perhaps most notably, Dr. Day has been a frequent and long standing volunteer and contributor to the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar.  She has served on numerous and varied standing committees, including as Vice Chair of the Litigation Support Committee from 2004 - 2005 and Co-Chair from 2008-2009; as a member and Vice Chair of the Domestic Violence Committee from 2004-2005 and from 2007-2008; as a member of the Legislation Committee, Continuing Legal Education Committee, Parental Responsibility and Timesharing Ad Hoc Committee, and as a special Advisor to the Chair, both in 2009 and 2010 in the areas of children’s issues and domestic violence.

http://de-de.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=156331501069706

This one reads like she is more of an expert than a defense lawyer.  What will she do?  Only speak to her saneness?  Will she pop up only at parts of the trial where her mental state comes up?  Wonder how they are paying her? 

She is there for the sob fest the defense is going to put on post conviction to portray Casey as a victim of a) familial sexual abuse b) child abuse and God knows what else based on Casey's allegations of which none she can prove nor had she ever sought help for previously to Caylee's murder.  IMHO, the jury will see right through this circus at trial and during penalty phase, albeit I do think they stand a good chance of sparing her from the needle.   I'm confident in the outcome of conviction, a tad less that she will indeed receive the death penalty.

I sure hope so, I feel confident most days, some days less so than others, cause I cannot believe their carp is allowed to go on day after day.  I do not think she will get DP though.  I keep thinking how there is only 1 female on Death Row in florida.  She will get life, IMO, which is fine for me.  Life in GenPop, she will wish she got DP.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #444 on: January 07, 2011, 04:32:46 PM »

Woo Hoo.  Rocking the Kasbar (spelling?).   

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #445 on: January 07, 2011, 04:35:45 PM »

PRACTICE FOCUS:

My current practice involves the exclusive concentration on criminal defense matters. This practice includes felony and misdemeanor charges, violation of probation, appeals and post conviction relief. Previously I have obtained verdicts in cases involving capital sexual battery; armed robbery; kidnapping with a firearm; credit card fraud; sale and delivery of narcotics; and aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer with a firearm, amongst others. In addition, I have litigated numerous cases involving attempted murder, drug trafficking, sex offenses and related crimes which were resolved either on substantive or procedural grounds prior to trial. Finally, my experience includes numerous matters which I have litigated in the appellate courts of the state and federal system, involving both criminal and civil matters.

Further information as to my litigation history and experience may be obtained from my office upon request.

This guy sounds as putzy as Bozo does.  He is so full of himself. How many times can a person use litigatd in a paragraph? 

Yeah, what a co-inky dink.  He probably just forgot that one.  No, really, I did notice that.

He really should spend a few bucks and pay somebody to redo his resume/website.  it reads like a juvenile wrote it. 

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #446 on: January 07, 2011, 04:36:24 PM »

PRACTICE FOCUS:

He also says he "has obtained verdicts."  Well, duh.  There is always a verdict.  But what kind of verdict?  He's not saying they were all in his favor, is he?  I think that's a little spin-a-rama.  But maybe I'm not getting the whole picture.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #447 on: January 07, 2011, 04:39:08 PM »

PRACTICE FOCUS:

He also says he "has obtained verdicts."  Well, duh.  There is always a verdict.  But what kind of verdict?  He's not saying they were all in his favor, is he?  I think that's a little spin-a-rama.  But maybe I'm not getting the whole picture.

No, I think you got the whole picture.  Bozo does not pick his lawyers/experts too well.  I guess when you look for free ones, what can you expect?  i bet he sits there and googles stuff like "free defense attorneys,"  "free death penalty experts," "free junk science experts/lawyers."  Would love to see his google trail.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #448 on: January 07, 2011, 04:42:04 PM »

PRACTICE FOCUS:

No, I think you got the whole picture.  Bozo does not pick his lawyers/experts too well.  I guess when you look for free ones, what can you expect?  i bet he sits there and googles stuff like "free defense attorneys,"  "free death penalty experts," "free junk science experts/lawyers."  Would love to see his google trail.

I was going to mention all the "My" and "I" usages, however, since it is his website, explaining his capabilities, I decided I would let him slide on this one. 

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #449 on: January 07, 2011, 04:49:32 PM »

Can you all hear it?   I can.  Spindy is at home, pissed off from this week's hearings, and all the denials.  She is probably fuming and poor Georgie Porgie, having no unmentionables (he has to hand them to her for safekeeping,) has to sit there and listen to her go on and on about how unfair this judge is and how her poor spawn is being treated so unfairly.  How every agency in the State of Florida, to include the police, FBI, CIA, JAC, all the judges, every single website that exists for this case, the search organizations that look for missing children, all her prior lawyers are all out to get Ms. Casey Anthony who is the Mother of the year and are all conspiring with each other to make sure Casey is convicted of killing her child, when there is no way Casey could have done this, the Invisi-Nanny did it, or Mr. Kronk did it, or maybe JJ did it, or maybe somebody on some website did it.   

Monkey Devil!

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #450 on: January 07, 2011, 05:19:27 PM »

I just came back from having dinner.....don't need dessert now!  SWEET!   

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: January 07, 2011, 05:22:05 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/26404459/detail.html
Casey Hearings Set; Defense Motion Denied
Posted: 4:19 pm EST January 7, 2011Updated: 4:24 pm EST January 7, 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. -- New hearings have been scheduled for defense motions to suppress key prosecution evidence against Casey Anthony in her upcoming murder trial in May.

On March 2 and March 3, the defense will try to convince the judge to throw out evidence that cadaver dogs alerted to different spots in Casey's backyard. It also wants to throw out Casey's statements to her family, her jail pen pals, and to law enforcement.

Meanwhile, Casey's defense team was dealt another blow to the case Friday. Chief Judge Belvin Perry denied the defense request to seal the names of the death penalty witnesses and the information they provide.

The defense claimed the potential public exposure is preventing people from helping Casey avoid a death sentence if she's convicted of murdering her daughter Caylee.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: January 07, 2011, 05:23:49 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/26403861/detail.html
Casey Judge Won't Seal Penalty Phase Witness List
Perry Says Defense's Argument Didn't Meet Legal Requirements
POSTED: 3:33 pm EST January 7, 2011
UPDATED: 3:43 pm EST January 7, 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. -- If Casey Anthony's murder trial moves into a penalty phase, the defense's witness list will be made public, Judge Belvin Perry said on Friday.

The defense had filed a motion asking that the penalty phase witness list be sealed.

"We're concerned that any potential penalty phase witnesses who know that they are going to be listed or once they have been listed will be reluctant to come forward," Anthony defense attorney Ann Finnell said at a December hearing on the motion.

Perry said in an order that Anthony's defense did not adequately prove a reason for why the list needed to be kept private.
READ: Judge Perry's Order   http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26403877/detail.html

"Many of the potential penalty phase witnesses are presumably already known to the public at large and are already associated with this case," Perry said in the order. "Release of any known individual's names could not possibly deprive (Anthony) of her fair trial rights."

The next hearing in the case is scheduled for Jan. 14. WESH.com will provide live coverage.

Anthony's murder trial is scheduled to begin in May.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: January 07, 2011, 05:25:58 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-sentinel-ruling-20110107,0,900386.story
Sentinel wins battle for Casey Anthony witness list
Judge Perry rules against sealing names
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

4:08 p.m. EST, January 7, 2011
The Orlando Sentinel has won a public records fight in the Casey Anthony case.

The victory prevents the Casey Anthony defense team from blocking the release of penalty phase witnesses in the woman's first-degree murder case.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry today issued a four-page order denying the Casey Anthony team's defense motion to seal its penalty phase discovery.

The defense team had wanted to prevent the public from learning the names of witnesses it would use if Casey Anthony is convicted of first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie. Those witnesses would appear and testify during the trial's "penalty phase" in which the jury would determine a recommended sentence for the 24-year-old – life in prison or death.

Casey Anthony's trial is set to begin with jury selection in early May.
Judge Perry cited a three-part test designed to identify "factors that threaten the administration of justice" before any court may close public records based on "fair-trial grounds." It was a test, he said, the defense arguments did not meet.

The defense team claimed the release of the penalty phase discovery material would threaten Casey Anthony's right to a fair trial. But Perry did not agree with the defense position.

"The court agrees with the Sentinel that the defense bears the burden of proof in sealing this penalty phase discovery," he wrote. "It is well settled that the party seeking closure has the burden of proving by the greater weight of the evidence that closure is necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to the administration of justice."

While the defense argued the release of the witness list could have a "chilling effect," Perry said "this bald assertion is insufficient."

"To the contrary, many potential penalty phase witnesses are presumably already known to the public at large and are already associated with this case," Perry wrote. "Release of any known individual's name could not possibly deprive the defendant of her fair trial rights.

"Even for witnesses not known," Perry said, "counsel's conclusory assertion that some witnesses may be reluctant to come forward is insufficient to demonstrate a real threat to the defendant's fair trial rights. Any penalty phase witness will testify in an open courtroom and be publicly identified with this case."

The defense has not shown the delayed association of those witnesses with the case will protect Casey Anthony's "fair trial rights," Perry concluded.

It was not immediately clear how soon the penalty phase discovery will be made available.

This is a breaking story. Check back for more details.

~ Peter Frampton
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #454 on: January 07, 2011, 05:39:20 PM »

Can you all hear it?   I can.  Spindy is at home, pissed off from this week's hearings, and all the denials.  She is probably fuming and poor Georgie Porgie, having no unmentionables (he has to hand them to her for safekeeping,) has to sit there and listen to her go on and on about how unfair this judge is and how her poor spawn is being treated so unfairly.  How every agency in the State of Florida, to include the police, FBI, CIA, JAC, all the judges, every single website that exists for this case, the search organizations that look for missing children, all her prior lawyers are all out to get Ms. Casey Anthony who is the Mother of the year and are all conspiring with each other to make sure Casey is convicted of killing her child, when there is no way Casey could have done this, the Invisi-Nanny did it, or Mr. Kronk did it, or maybe JJ did it, or maybe somebody on some website did it.   

Monkey Devil!

Not only that but her ABC gravy train seems to have dried up at least temporarily. Looks like she might have to get up and go to work for a living soon.  Her disability policy has to be at an end or close to it...
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #455 on: January 07, 2011, 06:23:59 PM »

My two favorite sentences from the above:
"A find of cause . . . cannot rest in air."
"The Defense does not satisfy its burden."

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #456 on: January 07, 2011, 06:29:07 PM »

My two favorite sentences from the above:
"A find of cause . . . cannot rest in air."
"The Defense does not satisfy its burden."

Thumb down Thumb down Thumb down Thumb down :thumbdown:

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #457 on: January 07, 2011, 06:30:28 PM »

Monkey Devil!

Not only that but her ABC gravy train seems to have dried up at least temporarily. Looks like she might have to get up and go to work for a living soon.  Her disability policy has to be at an end or close to it...

I do not know how they are eating.  They have no income comeing in.  I guess, maybe they have some extra from the pictures and what not that they sold.  How did they swing keeping the house, how are they paying the mortgage? 

I know Lee works, but could he make enough to keep them in their home?  Pay bills? 

Who would hire them really though.  I guess every so many months, they call whatever channel it is that keeps reairing that show they did, and they get a few month's worth of money?  Who knows. 

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #458 on: January 07, 2011, 06:53:18 PM »

Foiled again, duhfense.
"Tears on my pillow, pain in my heart",..NOT!

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: January 07, 2011, 07:02:12 PM »

2011.01.07 Notice of Hearing - 03/02 and 03/03
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/68726973/20110107-Notice-of-Hearing---0302-and-0303

2010.12.30 Motion to Exclude Unreliable Evidence of Plant or Root Growth
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/68726576/20101230-Motion-to-Exclude-Unreliable-Evidence-of-Plant-or-Root-Growth

(H/T Muzikman)

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.